Fans Survey: LeBron’s Image Won’t Be Repaired With A Title

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
227 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
6519 pageviews
129 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
Fans Survey: LeBron’s Image Won’t Be Repaired With A Title

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Fans: LeBron’s Image Won’t Be Repaired With A Title

Following “The Decision,” where LeBron James declared he’d take his talents from Cleveland to Miami, he went from being hero to a villain in the eyes of many.

People who once rooted for his greatness started cheering for his downfall. They clapped at his inability to make the big shots at the end and reveled in his disappointment of losing to the Mavericks in last year’s NBA Finals.

With the Heat up 3 games to 1, and LeBron on the cusp of hoisting the Larry O’Brien Trophy for the first time in his nine-year NBA career, the question is, does finally winning the big one change how people think of the NBA’s “King.”

The answer seems to be a resounding no, and it’s not just coming from spurned Cavaliers fans.

I asked this question to my Twitter followers: If you dislike LeBron, would winning a title change your opinion? Out of the 404 people who voted, 82 percent said no, with 4.4 percent saying yes, while the other 13.6 percent said it depends on how he celebrates. Does he go down on one knee and get emotional or does he play the “me against the world” card?

“Winning helps, but you have to be perceived in a way that you’ve convinced people you’re different than what caused the perception to happen and that’s the hurdle that he is challenged with,” said Henry Schafer, executive vice president of Marketing Evaluations, which conducts the Q Scores.

Schafer said that among sports fans age 13 and older who know of LeBron, 19 percent consider him one of their favorite personalities, but 27 percent of those that know him rank him among their least favorite personalities.

“The negative side is where he’s hurting,” Schafer said. “His negative score is almost twice the average.”

On Twitter, Schafer’s sentiment was echoed.
•Brad (@Texas_Cyn) said LeBron winning a title wouldn’t change his negative opinion of him because he came off as “universally arrogant.” “It was obvious in last year’s Finals press conference how much better he thinks he is than everyone,” he tweeted.
•Jermaine (@jermaine611) tweeted, “He can win five titles and I wouldn’t like him. Dances, posing and entitlement has turned me off.”
•Andrew (@AndrewGreth) said LeBron set himself up for more lofty goals that compromises how people should think about his first title.
•“He said he would win not 4, not 5, not 6,” Greth tweeted. “so one (title) is not backing up bravado.”

In a separate Twitter poll taken at the start of the NBA Finals, I asked my followers what endorser would most get you to buy a product? I gave them Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade as choices. Durant got 71.4 percent of the vote, LeBron got 21.3 percent and Wade finished last with 7.3 percent of the vote.

While LeBron is known by 85 percent of the population, Kevin Durant is known by 61 percent of the population, according to the Q Scores. But 23 percent of those that know him call him their favorite athlete, while only 9 percent list him as one of their least favorite athletes.

129 comments for "Fans Survey: LeBron’s Image Won’t Be Repaired With A Title"

06-20-2012, 01:19 PM         #2
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the reason there was so much backlash last year is cuz they WANT him to win a ring. everybody will get back on the bandwagon after this win

middle school games on national tv, u can never hold a grudge against the king u hyped him up and he's livin up to it............
 5 years ago '12        #3
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,672 | Props total: 22014 22014
He had to go to another team with two elite players. And he couldn't get it done in a real season.

Lol. Chalk this up as another L.
 5 years ago '04        #4
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,037 | Props total: 6770 6770
 5 years ago '04        #5
U.B.HiRM 31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,210 | Props total: 481 481
its not fun tho no more if he wins...now the nba is going to be boooooooo rinnggggg
 5 years ago '10        #6
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 ThePainkiller said:
He had to go to another team with two elite players. And he couldn't get it done in a real season.

But when they lose, it's his fault right?

What's the point of free agency to you?
 5 years ago '08        #7
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,739 | Props total: 8960 8960
Fans are lame... Dislike the guy but some of the hate I see is teetering on borderline obsession.
 5 years ago '05        #8
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11710 11710
If he win he shud go all out and say "fu*k all yall that hated on me. Yall can suck my d!ck" that way id be entertained. I dont wanna see this n*gga be humble if he wins lol
 5 years ago '06        #9
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18792 18792
I never looked at Bron in a bad light...

while idiots caught feelings over how he made an announcement to leave that sh*thole of a city, I was excited, as a basketball fan to see him in Miami and who he'd get to play with there...

He's the most exciting player in the league to watch and people waste time hatin on him for some pretend infraction or because they have an insecurity about inferiority..

fu*k the dumb sh*t, Lebron image is just fine..
 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM         #10
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThePainkiller said:

Your mom is out right now selling her as*hole.

u lost
 5 years ago '12        #11
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,672 | Props total: 22014 22014
 Hovi Bryant said:
But when they lose, it's his fault right?

What's the point of free agency to you?
When you're supposed to be the best player in the game(and he isn't) and you go ghost when your teams needs you of course you are the blame.
 5 years ago '10        #12
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
LeBron makes the NBA exciting
 5 years ago '06        #13
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,210 | Props total: 5023 5023
if he were to win a ring all the people who root against him who wouldnt watch otherwise would stop watching

nba lost
 5 years ago '08        #14
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4788 4788
 ThePainkiller said:
When you're supposed to be the best player in the game(and he isn't) and you go ghost when your teams needs you of course you are the blame.
Just wondering. Who do you have ranked above him?
 5 years ago '11        #15
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,788 | Props total: 925 925
 THEINFAMOUS said:
If he win he shud go all out and say "fu*k all yall that hated on me. Yall can suck my d!ck" that way id be entertained. I dont wanna see this n*gga be humble if he wins lol
i cant even front...i would like to see this...
 5 years ago '10        #16
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
1st page

its really entertaining to watch these haters make an a.ss out of themselves

they resort to saying the most idiotic things to stay consistent with their hate

meanwhile they are watching some of the best level of basketball in years and but they don't realize it because they are too busy being bitter
 5 years ago '04        #17
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,467 | Props total: 2703 2703
That guy earned my respect during these playoffs...Without him heat = 1st round exit,he did improve his game since the cavs days even if i m not sure he has a better team now

He gave us a hard time and we couldnt shut him down so even if i dont want the heat to win a title ,i respect the guy
 5 years ago '06        #18
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
fu*k the haters
 06-20-2012, 01:47 PM         #19
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PG-13 said:
fu*k the haters
^^^what my n*gga PG-13 said...
 5 years ago '09        #20
A2P89 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 54 54
 ThePainkiller said:

Bosh is elite

Fools are just mad cuz he chose Miami. If he did "the decision" all over again and said I choose to remain in Cleveland nobody would be complaining. But then he'd have no chance of winning a ring because Dan Gilbert is cheap. And people would still be saying "if he's supposed to be the "next Jordan", how come he has no 'ships?"
It was a lose-lose situation. He did the right thing, wade wouldn't have come to Cleveland for Lebron, nobody meaningful would have
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy