Lets Watch: The Batman Films

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM         #101
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
You're talking more about the direction Nolan's screenplay gave to Wayne and the story around him. He's still the same Bruce Wayne everywhere in the movie, he just pretends he's interested in different shyt and a little more arrogant. Though 90% of Bale's performance of Wayne is the same. Same mannerisms, personality, voice, etc.

I'm not talking about the methods of concealment and misdirection Nolan created through the screenplay for the Batman of his film, or how Burton implemented a method for the love interest to discover Bruce's identity in his. That has nothing to do with what Keaton or Bale bring to the table and everything with what the writers want to do with the story. If Nolan wanted Bruce to be as easily discovered in his film, he would've and if Burton wanted his Bruce's identity concealed it would've been the same way, but I'm not even talking about any of that.

When I'm specifically comparing Keaton to Bale, I'm talking about the personality they both bring to the table. Nolan and Burton do get credit because they create the frame the picture goes in, or the glass that holds the cinematic liquid. So about 30 to 40% of the credit does go to them I would say. Though Keaton obviously brings what he brings to the table and so does Bale. Nolan had a vision of what "type" of guy Batman was and he chose Bale as the best person to deliver it. Burton had a vision of what "type" of guy he wanted his Batman to be and though Keaton was perfect for it.

After reading and listening to Burton's explanation of what he wanted, it was EXACTLY what I got out of the character. So I know that none of it was coincidence. He knew what he wanted, he thought it was the best direction, and he thought Keaton was the perfect guy to fulfill THAT particular vision, and I agree because it was EXACTLY what I got out of it and Keaton nailed exactly what Burton wanted and what I liked. You personally may not like that idea but you can't deny it was executed to perfection. I definitely preferred it to Nolan's Batman which I just feel could've been done by a handful of directors and actors , not the entire movie but what he offered us as far as the personality and performance of Wayne.
That's why I think Keaton was better.

I just realized that by the way people are talking about it in this thread, you guys actually more so liked the aspect of the framework and direction that Nolan layed for the character rather than actually what Bale brought to the performance because you keep pointing at aspects of the screenplay that were written by Nolan while I'm actually talking about the personality of the character. I liked Keaton because I preferred Batman to be darker, colder, weirder, unreadable, and just seem like someone who wasn't your every day type of guy, and no I'm not talking about by what the director had him doing in the movie. I'm talking about if you never saw either set of movies and got to talk to each actor in character in a room, what you would get from their personalities. Bale's Wayne is just a regular guy, Keaton's is alot more mysterious and intriguing to me.
@ ^^^this takin you "like 5 minutes"...

I have nothing against long well thought out posts... As long as they insert something new and meaningful into the conversation.

He's done this samething in this thread over and over... Essentially just bloating his original statements.

There is nothing new or fresh being stated... It's the same sh*t just continually put in a new frame over and over again.

And it's over Keaton's Batman ... This isn't Dostoevsky.
 06-22-2012, 03:06 PM         #102
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

I have nothing against long well thought out posts... As long as they insert something new and meaningful into the conversation.

He's done this samething in this thread over and over... Essentially just bloating his original statements.

There is nothing new or fresh being stated... It's the same sh*t just continually put in a new frame over and over again.

No way he typed that in five minutes. There's about an average of 75 words in each paragraph, and then you have to construct thoughts and arguments. It's not like when a witty observation pops up in your head flows gradually.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-22-2012 at 03:09 PM..
 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM         #103
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
No way he typed that in five minutes. There's about an average of 75 words in each paragraph, and then you have to construct thoughts and arguments. It's not like when a witty observation pops up in your head flows gradually.
Exactly...

You ain't gotta lie to kick it...
 06-22-2012, 07:38 PM         #104
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #105
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 Illstreet said:

Bruh, these "long" posts aren't even directed at you

this is the second or third time you're repeating a complaint about repeating

Why are you continuing to attempt to be the third wheel in the conversation ?? I'm responding to people who are responding to me on the thread subject. You continue to bring me complaints that I dont care about.

OUR discourse ended a few pages back, you gave your opinion, weren't you suppose to "move on" like you said? Why do you continue to e-stalk me ??

I'm trying to respond to other posters quoting and responding to me with rebuttals on the subject and you keep jumping on my posts like a psycho ex jump off who can't get the message and just keeps wanting to be taken back.

Listen here baby girl, I think we should start debating with other people, I've moved on to other posters, me and you just aren't going to work out, you're too psychotic, clingy, demanding and you dont know when to take "no" or "shuttup" for an answer. This is becoming a little too obsessive for my taste.

I know this is hard for you, but you really got to stop wasting time throwing your affection my way. You're an overly emotional individual, I hope you find some meditation or something for that.

youknowmystelo said:

I type around 80 wpm, and pretty much everyone's brain works faster than their hands when it comes to just organic thought. My thought process is being formulated while I'm reading the person who responded before me, I take the points in their argument and create rebuttals for each AS I'm reading, then I hit reply and just respond to each point they made as well as throwing in whatever comes to mind in the process.

You've never had a face to face debate with someone in a casual setting ?? I'm sure you dont stop in long silences and scribble your argument down on paper. That's all this is , it's not like I'm doing a research paper. If Bobby's Word or whatever poster said their same response to me in real life face to face, my responses would be the same thing that I would reply to off the top of my head. It really doesn't take that long to formulate. Not when you've been conditioned to formulate your own argument WHILE listening to/reading someone respond to yours.

It may take a few minutes to read someone's response, I'm formulating my response WHILE I'm reading theirs. By the time I'm done reading I basically know what I'm going to respond with. So If I can type on average 80 wpm, it would make sense that I would rattle off 4 to 5 paragraphs in 5 minutes. Like I said before that's what forcing yourself to formulate AND write 6 to 8 page college papers in only a few hours will do. I got so good at it that for a period of time I turned it into a hustle on campus. . Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible for someone else.
 5 years ago '09        #106
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1813 1813
A great thread has been ruined.
 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM         #107
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Bruh, these "long" posts aren't even directed at you

this is the second or third time you're repeating a complaint about repeating

Why are you continuing to attempt to be the third wheel in the conversation ?? I'm responding to people who are responding to me on the thread subject. You continue to bring me complaints that I dont care about.

OUR discourse ended a few pages back, you gave your opinion, weren't you suppose to "move on" like you said? Why do you continue to e-stalk me ??

I'm trying to respond to other posters quoting and responding to me with rebuttals on the subject and you keep jumping on my posts like a psycho ex jump off who can't get the message and just keeps wanting to be taken back.

Listen here baby girl, I think we should start debating with other people, I've moved on to other posters, me and you just aren't going to work out, you're too psychotic, clingy, demanding and you dont know when to take "no" or "shuttup" for an answer. This is becoming a little too obsessive for my taste.

I know this is hard for you, but you really got to stop wasting time throwing your affection my way. You're an overly emotional individual, I hope you find some meditation or something for that.

I type around 80 wpm, and pretty much everyone's brain works faster than their hands when it comes to just organic thought. My thought process is being formulated while I'm reading the person who responded before me, I take the points in their argument and create rebuttals for each AS I'm reading, then I hit reply and just respond to each point they made as well as throwing in whatever comes to mind in the process.

You've never had a face to face debate with someone in a casual setting ?? I'm sure you dont stop in long silences and scribble your argument down on paper. That's all this is , it's not like I'm doing a research paper. If Bobby's Word or whatever poster said their same response to me in real life face to face, my responses would be the same thing that I would reply to off the top of my head. It really doesn't take that long to formulate. Not when you've been conditioned to formulate your own argument WHILE listening to/reading someone respond to yours.

It may take a few minutes to read someone's response, I'm formulating my response WHILE I'm reading theirs. By the time I'm done reading I basically know what I'm going to respond with. So If I can type on average 80 wpm, it would make sense that I would rattle off 4 to 5 paragraphs in 5 minutes. Like I said before that's what forcing yourself to formulate AND write 6 to 8 page college papers in only a few hours will do. I got so good at it that for a period of time I turned it into a hustle on campus. . Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible for someone else.
Bruh, I didn't say it was impossible. But when you're making counter-arguments you have to construct thoughts in a coherent matter. And when you're in a causal setting its totally different because you're energy is tuned in snap judgement state. You didn't type five paragraphs with an average of 75 words in each of them in just five minutes.
 06-22-2012, 09:27 PM         #108
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Travi$ said:
A great thread has been ruined.
Because the Nolan circle jerk stropped?
 5 years ago '04        #109
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Bruh, I didn't say it was impossible. But when you're making counter-arguments you have to construct thoughts in a coherent matter. And when you're in a causal setting its totally different because you're energy is tuned in snap judgement state. You didn't type five paragraphs with an average of 75 words in each of them in just five minutes.

and you can't be in a snap judgement state after reading a response in a thread ??

it's not hard to construct thoughts in coherent matter in a counter argument because you're just rebutting points from someone else, you've been given the frame of your response already, it's your initial statement that takes the longest. Every thing after that is just like answering a question. This isn't even a research based argument, it's subjective perspective, so why would organic sentiment take that long to come to mind and type ??

you really think you can't give a few paragraphs of your own opinion and how you "feel" about something in around 5 minutes ??
 06-23-2012, 04:07 AM         #110
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
and you can't be in a snap judgement state after reading a response in a thread ??

it's not hard to construct thoughts in coherent matter in a counter argument because you're just rebutting points from someone else, you've been given the frame of your response already, it's your initial statement that takes the longest. Every thing after that is just like answering a question. This isn't even a research based argument, it's subjective perspective, so why would organic sentiment take that long to come to mind and type ??

you really think you can't give a few paragraphs of your own opinion and how you "feel" about something in around 5 minutes ??
If you could conceive an one page essay in an flash of thought then why not do us the favor by constructing your thoughts into brevity?

I think I have learned a new sense, The Boxden sense cause my timing is remarkable on refreshes.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-23-2012 at 04:09 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #111
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
If you could conceive an one page essay in an flash of thought then why not do us the favor by constructing your thoughts into brevity?

I think I have learned a new sense, The Boxden sense cause my timing is remarkable on refreshes.
because that would be time consuming lol

I told you most of the "responses" I do even tho you seem to think are too structured to be done so quickly are honestly rattled off the top. Some times I'll think out the whole post beforehand , but alotta times in most back and forths like the one in this thread, I'll see a response, read through it , then automatically hit reply , and create the whole argument as I go.

I guess it's a form of freestyling, I picked it up in school by waiting to the last minute on papers and having to pretty much put my brain into clutch mode to knock out the whole paper from start to finish in just 2 to 3 hours. I did one 5 pager one time in like an hour and 20 minutes. I did a 25 page semester paper over the course of two days also. Probably spent a total of 12 to 15 hours on it mostly because it was a research paper and I needed a sh*t load of citations and what not.

It's a bad habit I know, but I got good enough grades on most of them to make me continue doing it ( mostly B's , few A's ) , plus I honestly enjoyed "speed" writing alot more since taking time bored me. The pressure did something for my brain I dunno, so now I'm conditioned to just knock things out quickly.

So yeah after just " going off" and looking up to see 3 or 4 paragraphs outlining everything elaborately , I dont feel like taking an extra 10 minutes to see how I can chop it down , especially to possibly lose a part that gets my point across better. I dunno what to tell you

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-23-2012 at 04:47 AM..
 06-23-2012, 04:47 AM         #112
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
because that would be time consuming lol

I told you most of the "responses" I do even tho you seem to think are too structured to be done so quickly are honestly rattled off the top. Some times I'll think out the whole post beforehand , but alotta times in most back and forths like the one in this thread, I'll see a response, read through it , then automatically hit reply , and create the whole argument as I go.

I guess it's a form of freestyling, I picked it up in school by waiting to the last minute on papers and having to pretty much put my brain into clutch mode to knock out the whole paper from start to finish in just 2 to 3 hours. I did one 5 pager one time in like an hour and 20 minutes. I did a 25 page semester paper over the course of two days also. Probably spent a total of 12 hours on it mostly because it was a research paper and I needed a sh*t load of citations and what not.

It's a bad habit I know, but I got good enough grades on most of them to make me continue doing it ( mostly B's , few A's ) , plus I honestly enjoyed "speed" writing alot more since taking time bored me. The pressure did something for my brain I dunno, so now I'm conditioned to just knock things out quickly.

So yeah after just " going off" and looking up to see 3 or 4 paragraphs outlining everything elaborately , I dont feel like taking an extra 10 minutes to see how I can chop it down , especially to possible lose a part that my get my point across better. I dunno what to tell you
I need to step up my rapid freestyling. So you're basically the Twista of typing.
 5 years ago '04        #113
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
I need to step up my rapid freestyling. So you're basically the Twista of typing.

It's not something to brag about, It's a habit that came outta laziness and procrastination lol , which is sort of embarrassing but I realized for certain things my brain works better in "rush" mode. When I was a little kid I use to talk REALLY fast because I was trying to get out everything that was coming to my mind in conversational debates. Though people couldn't listen fast enough and catch everything they needed to rebut so I had to slow it down , which kinda sucks because I had to put MORE effort into remembering my train of thought since I wasn't able to just spew it out as it came to me anymore. Sometimes when I take my time with things I over analyze and tend to get writers block. Then again it all depends what it is, some things I do just as good if not better by taking time.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-23-2012 at 04:55 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #114
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
Y'all need to drop this.

Focus on the discussion at hand. I know that's hard to do on boxden, but at least try.
 5 years ago '09        #115
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
 Cooked Brickz said:
Do one for "Under the Red Hood".
dope batman movie
 5 years ago '09        #116
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1813 1813
 youknowmystelo said:
Because the Nolan circle jerk stropped?

Nope. Because the threads original intent wasn't to spark a debate. Just an open discussion/review on ALL Batman movies but like every other Batman thread, it turned into some bullsh*t...
 06-23-2012, 10:02 PM         #117
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Y'all need to drop this.

Focus on the discussion at hand. I know that's hard to do on boxden, but at least try.
Bruh, loosen up it ain't that serious.

sh*t, most of the time now you just post to correct or dictate someones post. Your passion & easy going style that you write in your reviews isn't matching your personality on the forum. Come on, son.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-23-2012 at 10:06 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #118
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 DaOmega_1 said:
Y'all need to drop this.

5 years ago '10        #119
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
under the red hood was nice as hell to me, especially since im a black mask fan. it was nice to see him in there

year one was good too
 5 years ago '05        #120
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 youknowmystelo said:
Bruh, loosen up it ain't that serious.

sh*t, most of the time now you just post to correct or dictate someones post. Your passion & easy going style that you write in your reviews isn't matching your personality on the forum. Come on, son.
You took what I wrote super seriously when I was just saying it lightly. Relax, I was kidding.

And, if folks are gonna argue over how many words they can type per minute, or how long their comments are, then no. Take that sh*t elsewhere.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago