Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,841 | Props total: 4138 4138
 Pleasure Boy said:
But true, thats the worst Batman of all time and i hate almost all George Clooney movies except for From Dusk Till Dawn... But still
Man, it's terrible... BUT, it isn't the worst one...

Watch the 1940's tv serial, and you'll learn that back then, the batman of that day was really corny, super cheesy, and strangely racist (took place during the height of WWII)...
 5 years ago '05        #82
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 psylence2k said:
I think Keaton's Wayne just came off as a "darker" individual. He came off as someone always in deep thought, and he had very selfless type of ego to him. It made you believe that this type of person was able to sacrifice his entire life to the bat suit because he seemed like one of those people who was "off" psychologically.

I think all the things you're attributing to Nolan's batman is actually things that should be credited to Nolan's script more than Bale's performance. I honestly don't think Bale is that good at conveying a complex and emotional Wayne. I get that more from Keaton. Bale just seems like someone who should be playing James Bond. Even in the batsuit he doesn't come off as "dark" as Keaton did. He uses that roaring retarded voice to try to scare his enemies. Keaton's batman would just hit you with that demented stare and shyt would be 10 times more impressionable than Bale's horrible yelling voice.
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think that's the reason why you may feel like he is "plain", but I think he represses his true nature until he is in the Batsuit.

DaOmega_1 hit it right on the nose. I dont understand why people dont get it.
The "Bruce Wayne" to the public was a mask. Rachel Dawes said it at the end of BB.
The true person or face of Bruce Wayne is Batman, and can only truly be seen when suited up.
Unfortunately suiting up like that is illegal, so he has to disguise himself to keep from getting caught. That includes the voice. Hard to "just hit a criminal with a demented stare" when there is actually an interrogation happening, like we've seen Batman do in the comics so many times.

Its not that complicated of a concept to me.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 06-21-2012 at 10:43 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #83
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7117 7117
 UF4Soldier said:
ok its funny after u hear over and over but when u first watch u like why da fu*k he talking like that.......then after you watch southpark **** episode u go back and its funny
It's not funny or annoying to me
 5 years ago '05        #84
space
space
 A.G said:
To be honest, the only Batman movie I ever felt was good was TDK.

Even Batman Begins was mediocre to me.

I never really enjoyed the direction of the franchise. I dislike Tim Burton and almost everything about him, so I wasn't a fan of his take on the series.. And Joel Schumacher just flat out sucks apart from 1 or 2 films.
 5 years ago '05        #85
space
space
 Pleasure Boy said:
i hate almost all George Clooney movies except for From Dusk Till Dawn...
What in the actual fu*k?

The Oceans series? The Ides Of March? Solaris? Three Kings?

I could go on and on.

Get the fu*k out.
 5 years ago '05        #86
space
space
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
What in the actual fu*k?

The Oceans series? The Ides Of March? Solaris? Three Kings?

I could go on and on.

Get the fu*k out.
Out of Sight...

Michael Clayton...

Up In The Air...

Lets not even get into the films he has directed...
 06-21-2012, 12:19 PM         #87
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Clooney movies aren't pleasant to me either.
 5 years ago '04        #88
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
 Bobby's World said:
DaOmega_1 hit it right on the nose. I dont understand why people dont get it.
The "Bruce Wayne" to the public was a mask. Rachel Dawes said it at the end of BB.
The true person or face of Bruce Wayne is Batman, and can only truly be seen when suited up.
Unfortunately suiting up like that is illegal, so he has to disguise himself to keep from getting caught. That includes the voice. Hard to "just hit a criminal with a demented stare" when there is actually an interrogation happening, like we've seen Batman do in the comics so many times.

Its not that complicated of a concept to me.
I think everyone gets it, It's really far from complex plus the movie spells it out for your very clearly what you're suppose to get from both Wayne and Batman. Especially in Batman Begins, they spend damn near 80% movie hammering into your head what they want you to think about Bruce Wayne. It actually feels pretty forced.

As far as the voice goes , I really hate bale's voice in the bat suit, it really is kinda annoying to me, ESPECIALLY when he yells , It sounds like someone with throat cancer trying to sound intimidating and it comes off sounding very cheesy to me. I really prefer the ice cold demeanor / stoney gaze / man of few words approach that Keaton's Batman took. Let's compare the interrogation scene with the bell tower scene in the original batman when Keaton is having the "you made me first" convo with Joker. The whole demeanor of Keaton's batman is alot more intimidating in that scene than Bale's in the interrogation room. He seems alot more stern and threatening , while Bale's batman seems to be questioning his own ability to handle the Joker , it's clear that the Joker comes off as the one in control of the situation. His swag is shytting all over Batman's in that scene.

but like I said, everyone "gets" Nolan's batman, it's a simple concept and the movies literally TELL you what it's suppose to be. Like "LOOK LOOK THIS IS WHAT WE'RE DOING ! ". I think people just can't grasp what Burton was doing with his Wayne/Batman. I remember expressing in another thread in length why I liked Burton's Batman, and then some time later I watched an interview with Burton explaining his direction with the character and his explaining of what he was trying to do was pretty much EXACTLY what I had said I liked about it. That showed that it wasn't just some personal illusion I had a.ssociated with the character. It was Burton's whole intent and I got it completely and think it's ALOT better than Nolan's. I think people on here just can't grasp it. Like I said Nolan's Batman isn't hard to grasp, it's spelled out, they tell you everything you should think, feel, and know about him.
 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM         #89
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Out of Sight...

Michael Clayton...

Up In The Air...

Lets not even get into the films he has directed...
Very underratted actor...
 5 years ago '07        #90
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,724 | Props total: 38571 38571
 theFREAK said:

Clooney & Kilmer >>>>>>>>> Bale

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

06-21-2012, 01:47 PM         #91
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I think everyone gets it, It's really far from complex plus the movie spells it out for your very clearly what you're suppose to get from both Wayne and Batman. Especially in Batman Begins, they spend damn near 80% movie hammering into your head what they want you to think about Bruce Wayne. It actually feels pretty forced.

As far as the voice goes , I really hate bale's voice in the bat suit, it really is kinda annoying to me, ESPECIALLY when he yells , It sounds like someone with throat cancer trying to sound intimidating and it comes off sounding very cheesy to me. I really prefer the ice cold demeanor / stoney gaze / man of few words approach that Keaton's Batman took. Let's compare the interrogation scene with the bell tower scene in the original batman when Keaton is having the "you made me first" convo with Joker. The whole demeanor of Keaton's batman is alot more intimidating in that scene than Bale's in the interrogation room. He seems alot more stern and threatening , while Bale's batman seems to be questioning his own ability to handle the Joker , it's clear that the Joker comes off as the one in control of the situation. His swag is shytting all over Batman's in that scene.

but like I said, everyone "gets" Nolan's batman, it's a simple concept and the movies literally TELL you what it's suppose to be. Like "LOOK LOOK THIS IS WHAT WE'RE DOING ! ". I think people just can't grasp what Burton was doing with his Wayne/Batman. I remember expressing in another thread in length why I liked Burton's Batman, and then some time later I watched an interview with Burton explaining his direction with the character and his explaining of what he was trying to do was pretty much EXACTLY what I had said I liked about it. That showed that it wasn't just some personal illusion I had a.ssociated with the character. It was Burton's whole intent and I got it completely and think it's ALOT better than Nolan's. I think people on here just can't grasp it. Like I said Nolan's Batman isn't hard to grasp, it's spelled out, they tell you everything you should think, feel, and know about him.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #92
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 psylence2k said:

Lol Burton's wasnt hard to grasp either. Like someone else said, "detached". We got that as soon as he was hanging upside down after smashing Vicki Vale. Immediately we got there's something strange about this dude. Stark difference from the world of Nolan and Burton.

In Nolan's world Wayne actually uses misdirection and BLENDS in with everyone else. The audience knows this (well at least supposed to), but the characters in the movie DO NOT.

In Burton's World it was no problem for a reporter to deduce who Wayne was after some research and some encounters. The movies were great, but an investigative reporter being able to determine who Batman is after a couple of encounters obviously isnt what Nolan was going for. IMO that makes absolute sense.
 5 years ago '04        #93
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 Pleasure Boy said:
But true, thats the worst Batman of all time and i hate almost all George Clooney movies except for From Dusk Till Dawn... But still
you can not blame clooney for that movie it was like warner brothers said we want these characters and these gadgets in there because we have toys to sell you make it work story doesnt matter people will see it any way

it was like bane was just added because of how popular that comic arc was it could have been any random henchman in that role and it probably originally was till they figured they could shove him in that role and sell some more toys and masks to kids

from the credit card add to the hockey game to them randomly having bat girl be alfreds niece to them giving alfred the same disease as mr freezes wife

a bunch of things conspired to make this abomination and waste the oppurtunity the had with having a great actor in george clooney playing a role he was built for

my one main problem outside of this travesty with this series was there need to k!ll every damn villain in the first 3
 5 years ago '05        #94
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
you can not blame clooney for that movie it was like warner brothers said we want these characters and these gadgets in there because we have toys to sell you make it work story doesnt matter people will see it any way

it was like bane was just added because of how popular that comic arc was it could have been any random henchman in that role and it probably originally was till they figured they could shove him in that role and sell some more toys and masks to kids

from the credit card add to the hockey game to them randomly having bat girl be alfreds niece to them giving alfred the same disease as mr freezes wife

a bunch of things conspired to make this abomination and waste the oppurtunity the had with having a great actor in george clooney playing a role he was built for

my one main problem outside of this travesty with this series was there need to k!ll every damn villain in the first 3
I absolutely hate... hate... HATE that they k!lled every villain. That was always the big thing that pissed me off about the first four films...

Well... That, and making "The Joker" be the one who k!lled Bruce Wayne's parents instead of JOE CHILL... F*cking lame.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 06-21-2012 at 06:45 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #95
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Lol Burton's wasnt hard to grasp either. Like someone else said, "detached". We got that as soon as he was hanging upside down after smashing Vicki Vale. Immediately we got there's something strange about this dude. Stark difference from the world of Nolan and Burton.

In Nolan's world Wayne actually uses misdirection and BLENDS in with everyone else. The audience knows this (well at least supposed to), but the characters in the movie DO NOT.

In Burton's World it was no problem for a reporter to deduce who Wayne was after some research and some encounters. The movies were great, but an investigative reporter being able to determine who Batman is after a couple of encounters obviously isnt what Nolan was going for. IMO that makes absolute sense.

You're talking more about the direction Nolan's screenplay gave to Wayne and the story around him. He's still the same Bruce Wayne everywhere in the movie, he just pretends he's interested in different shyt and a little more arrogant. Though 90% of Bale's performance of Wayne is the same. Same mannerisms, personality, voice, etc.

I'm not talking about the methods of concealment and misdirection Nolan created through the screenplay for the Batman of his film, or how Burton implemented a method for the love interest to discover Bruce's identity in his. That has nothing to do with what Keaton or Bale bring to the table and everything with what the writers want to do with the story. If Nolan wanted Bruce to be as easily discovered in his film, he would've and if Burton wanted his Bruce's identity concealed it would've been the same way, but I'm not even talking about any of that.

When I'm specifically comparing Keaton to Bale, I'm talking about the personality they both bring to the table. Nolan and Burton do get credit because they create the frame the picture goes in, or the glass that holds the cinematic liquid. So about 30 to 40% of the credit does go to them I would say. Though Keaton obviously brings what he brings to the table and so does Bale. Nolan had a vision of what "type" of guy Batman was and he chose Bale as the best person to deliver it. Burton had a vision of what "type" of guy he wanted his Batman to be and though Keaton was perfect for it.

After reading and listening to Burton's explanation of what he wanted, it was EXACTLY what I got out of the character. So I know that none of it was coincidence. He knew what he wanted, he thought it was the best direction, and he thought Keaton was the perfect guy to fulfill THAT particular vision, and I agree because it was EXACTLY what I got out of it and Keaton nailed exactly what Burton wanted and what I liked. You personally may not like that idea but you can't deny it was executed to perfection. I definitely preferred it to Nolan's Batman which I just feel could've been done by a handful of directors and actors , not the entire movie but what he offered us as far as the personality and performance of Wayne.
That's why I think Keaton was better.

I just realized that by the way people are talking about it in this thread, you guys actually more so liked the aspect of the framework and direction that Nolan layed for the character rather than actually what Bale brought to the performance because you keep pointing at aspects of the screenplay that were written by Nolan while I'm actually talking about the personality of the character. I liked Keaton because I preferred Batman to be darker, colder, weirder, unreadable, and just seem like someone who wasn't your every day type of guy, and no I'm not talking about by what the director had him doing in the movie. I'm talking about if you never saw either set of movies and got to talk to each actor in character in a room, what you would get from their personalities. Bale's Wayne is just a regular guy, Keaton's is alot more mysterious and intriguing to me.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-22-2012 at 12:05 AM..
 06-22-2012, 01:07 AM         #96
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Holy fukk...

Does this guy ever stop typing novels?

I mean Goddamn... It's the same sh*t you've already said 5 times... Just longer.

Surely you have something better to do.
 5 years ago '04        #97
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Holy fukk...

Does this guy ever stop typing novels?

I mean Goddamn... It's the same sh*t you've already said 5 times... Just longer.

Surely you have something better to do.

shyt took me like 5 minutes when you're literate and educated writing a few paragraphs doesn't take that long, that's what having to write 8 page college papers in a few hours does to you. I'm actually surprised at how long my responses are once I look up since it doesn't take long at all to type.

and actually it isn't the same thing I said before because I'm responding directly to what Bobby's world said, but of course you didn't read, you're just emotionally riled up about something I did or said to you before and me posting in here even when it's not related to you for some reason riles you up. I'm not even mad, well maybe a little annoyed but more so amused.

this current debate doesn't involve you so I'm really wondering what's stuck up your a$$ ??
You're clowning about me having something better to do instead of a 5 min response, but you're in here monitoring and replying to a side convo that doesn't even involve you. Kinda ironic huh ? I'm responding to someone addressing me ,and you're wasting time jumping into other peoples convos ?? which one is more pathetic ??
 06-22-2012, 02:00 AM         #98
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Concise or brevity... choose one.
 5 years ago '05        #99
firehandles 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,231 | Props total: 1227 1227
 psylence2k said:
shyt took me like 5 minutes when you're literate and educated writing a few paragraphs doesn't take that long, that's what having to write 8 page college papers in a few hours does to you. I'm actually surprised at how long my responses are once I look up since it doesn't take long at all to type.

and actually it isn't the same thing I said before because I'm responding directly to what Bobby's world said, but of course you didn't read, you're just emotionally riled up about something I did or said to you before and me posting in here even when it's not related to you for some reason riles you up. I'm not even mad, well maybe a little annoyed but more so amused.

this current debate doesn't involve you so I'm really wondering what's stuck up your a$$ ??
You're clowning about me having something better to do instead of a 5 min response, but you're in here monitoring and replying to a side convo that doesn't even involve you. Kinda ironic huh ? I'm responding to someone addressing me ,and you're wasting time jumping into other peoples convos ?? which one is more pathetic ??
good sh*t to this....never got why people complain about long posts....sh*t isnt hard to read
 5 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 firehandles said:
good sh*t to this....never got why people complain about long posts....sh*t isnt hard to read

I can't even begin to tell you how many stupid "didn't read, lol" gifs I get in my threads...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy