Lets Watch: The Batman Films

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,804 | Props total: 1826 1826
 Illstreet said:
You're entitled to your opinion... But as already stated, I disagree...

Nothing is ever at risk with Keaton's Batman. There is no cause and effect with the core of the character. Nothing is going to make him budge or change in any direction. He just is...

Not very interesting at all...
 DaOmega_1 said:
I completely agree.

and I have no absolutely no problem with you guys feeling that way and having that opinion.

I already know the reasons why you guys like Nolan/Bale's Batman

and I fully understand why I appreciate Burton/Keaton's Batman and Bruce Wayne more.

you guys would like to know everything about the character , you want complete transparency, dots connected and the whole nine. IF something isn't explained or shown blatantly you just write it off as "not there". I'm different, just give me the general outline and I actually prefer filling in the blanks myself.

like i said the mysterious and somber disposition of Keaton's Bruce Wayne and Batman just made it more interesting , like an Iceberg that's able to convey easily that there's much more below the surface than is revealed, I know you've guys have heard the phrase " Still Waters Run Deep" that's what I get from Keaton's batman.

The personality of Bale's Wayne is square and plain to me. The story Nolan built AROUND him and what he went through is interesting, not him as a character, not this persona or personality. That credit should go to Nolan for the screenplay and direction but not for the character of BAtman/Bruce Wayne. He's extremely similar to anyone you'd meet in alot of places. Keaton's Batman was somewhat of a different creature.

but like I said we're both entitled to our opinions, I have no problem with you guys liking what you like. you prefer Bale, and I think Keaton/Burton was the best.
 5 years ago '12        #62
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,760 | Props total: 22142 22142
I gotta watch BM&R, then I can say I've watched them all this year.

And all of the haters of BM&R, that was my favourite batman movie until TDK. :(

I miss being 5.
 5 years ago '06        #63
twindeserteagle 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 217 217
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'll give it a watch soon, I haven't seen it yet.

The next "Lets Watch" thing I'm gonna do is probably for the Spider-Man trilogy because of The Amazing Spider-Man coming out.
red hood is classic dog
 5 years ago '05        #64
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 psylence2k said:
and I have no absolutely no problem with you guys feeling that way and having that opinion.

I already know the reasons why you guys like Nolan/Bale's Batman

and I fully understand why I appreciate Burton/Keaton's Batman and Bruce Wayne more.

you guys would like to know everything about the character , you want complete transparency, dots connected and the whole nine. IF something isn't explained or shown blatantly you just write it off as "not there". I'm different, just give me the general outline and I actually prefer filling in the blanks myself.

like i said the mysterious and somber disposition of Keaton's Bruce Wayne and Batman just made it more interesting , like an Iceberg that's able to convey easily that there's much more below the surface than is revealed, I know you've guys have heard the phrase " Still Waters Run Deep" that's what I get from Keaton's batman.

The personality of Bale's Wayne is square and plain to me. The story Nolan built AROUND him and what he went through is interesting, not him as a character, not this persona or personality. That credit should go to Nolan for the screenplay and direction but not for the character of BAtman/Bruce Wayne. He's extremely similar to anyone you'd meet in alot of places. Keaton's Batman was somewhat of a different creature.

but like I said we're both entitled to our opinions, I have no problem with you guys liking what you like. you prefer Bale, and I think Keaton/Burton was the best.
I respect your opinion as well... But, I think that Bale's Batman/Bruce Wayne conveyed a little more hurt & deeply unresolved problems beneath the veneer of "Bruce Wayne". So much so, that Batman become the embodiment of the guilt & hurt he has felt his entire life, and the persona of "Bruce Wayne" is the one that feels like the mask. I think that's the reason why you may feel like he is "plain", but I think he represses his true nature until he is in the Batsuit.

It's definitely a very different take from the Bruce Wayne of the Burton era. I think, conceptually, they are going through very paths to approach the same character. I find that with Burton's Batman, the audience had to project their own emotions on to him... Again, an interesting choice, but honestly not the way I'd like to see a Batman story told.
 5 years ago '04        #65
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
I respect your opinion as well... But, I think that Bale's Batman/Bruce Wayne conveyed a little more hurt & deeply unresolved problems beneath the veneer of "Bruce Wayne". So much so, that Batman become the embodiment of the guilt & hurt he has felt his entire life, and the persona of "Bruce Wayne" is the one that feels like the mask. I think that's the reason why you may feel like he is "plain", but I think he represses his true nature until he is in the Batsuit.

It's definitely a very different take from the Bruce Wayne of the Burton era. I think, conceptually, they are going through very paths to approach the same character. I find that with Burton's Batman, the audience had to project their own emotions on to him... Again, an interesting choice, but honestly not the way I'd like to see a Batman story told.

I think Keaton's Wayne just came off as a "darker" individual. He came off as someone always in deep thought, and he had very selfless type of ego to him. It made you believe that this type of person was able to sacrifice his entire life to the bat suit because he seemed like one of those people who was "off" psychologically.

I think all the things you're attributing to Nolan's batman is actually things that should be credited to Nolan's script more than Bale's performance. I honestly don't think Bale is that good at conveying a complex and emotional Wayne. I get that more from Keaton. Bale just seems like someone who should be playing James Bond. Even in the batsuit he doesn't come off as "dark" as Keaton did. He uses that roaring retarded voice to try to scare his enemies. Keaton's batman would just hit you with that demented stare and shyt would be 10 times more impressionable than Bale's horrible yelling voice.
 06-20-2012, 07:12 PM         #66
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I think Keaton's Wayne just came off as a "darker" individual. He came off as someone always in deep thought, and he had very selfless type of ego to him. It made you believe that this type of person was able to sacrifice his entire life to the bat suit because he seemed like one of those people who was "off" psychologically.

I think all the things you're attributing to Nolan's batman is actually things that should be credited to Nolan's script more than Bale's performance. I honestly don't think Bale is that good at conveying a complex and emotional Wayne. I get that more from Keaton. Bale just seems like someone who should be playing James Bond. Even in the batsuit he doesn't come off as "dark" as Keaton did. He uses that roaring retarded voice to try to scare his enemies. Keaton's batman would just hit you with that demented stare and shyt would be 10 times more impressionable than Bale's horrible yelling voice.
Wrong...

But I really don't think this debate is going anywhere...

You keep typing paragraphs essentially saying the same thing... What is this accomplishing exactly?

We got it... Move on.
 5 years ago '04        #67
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Wrong...

But I really don't think this debate is going anywhere...

You keep typing paragraphs essentially saying the same thing... What is this accomplishing exactly?

We got it... Move on.
then why do you keep replying ?? with essentially the same thing you said last time ??

I reply because I want to respond to a post addressed to me , you reply to an alleged circular argument which by your theory should only keep that circular argument going.

but yea I think you're wrong, Keaton is better

and since you dont like circular arguments, it would be wise for you to just leave it at that.
 06-20-2012, 08:22 PM         #68
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nolan never elevated any actor nor directed any compelling characters.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-20-2012 at 08:25 PM..
 06-20-2012, 11:02 PM         #69
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Nolan never elevated any actor nor directed any compelling characters.
Oh just shut the fukk up already...
 06-20-2012, 11:03 PM         #70
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Oh just shut the fukk up already...
Just keeping the Nolan criticism sharp.
 06-20-2012, 11:13 PM         #71
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Just keeping the Nolan criticism sharp.
It's idiotic and blatantly false... Not sharp.

You talk about Nolan more than your favorite Director...

Wanna know how I know that? Cause I read all yours posts and I have no idea who you favorite Director is...

That speaks volumes about you...

Keep on trollin though bruh.
 06-20-2012, 11:15 PM         #72
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
It's idiotic and blatantly false... Not sharp.

You talk about Nolan more than your favorite Director...

Wanna know how I know that? Cause I read all yours posts and I have no idea who you favorite Director is...

That speaks volumes about you...

Keep on trollin though bruh.
No one counter-argued my point. So it remains good criticism.

You know my favorite director. C'mon.
 06-20-2012, 11:36 PM         #73
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
No one counter-argued my point. So it remains good criticism.

You know my favorite director. C'mon.
Speilberg???

Don't even say Kubrick(not that he isn't a worthy choice, it would just be too predictable)...

And of course it would be asking too much for you to pleasently suprise me and say Scorsese.
 5 years ago '04        #74
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,271 | Props total: 2840 2840
 DaOmega_1 said:
I love Superman as a character... BUT, I don't think that any incarnation of his character besides the first two films ever captured Clark Kent & Superman...
It's plenty of excellent Smallville seasons to go over
 06-20-2012, 11:42 PM         #75
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Speilberg???

Don't even say Kubrick(not that he isn't a worthy choice, it would just be too predictable)...

And of course it would be asking too much for you to pleasently suprise me and say Scorsese.
Its Scorsese. I could watch almost any of films over and over without feeling repetitive.

Kubrick, when i want to play with a kubrick (rubiks) cube.
 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM         #76
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Its Scorsese. I could watch almost any of films over and over without feeling repetitive.

Kubrick, when i want to play with a kubrick (rubiks) cube.

[pic - click to view]

It's essentially a Tie in my mind between Scorsese and Kurosawa...

Scorsese naturally gets the slightest of edges because of the Subtitles(no way around it, you have to spend time away from the pure image to read) and for better or worse, I'm American... And ultimately have an American perspective and American sensiblities.

I mean, I was raised on Scorsese.
 5 years ago '04        #77
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 06-21-2012, 01:35 AM         #78
Nick Falcon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This Is The Most Mature And Serious Boxden Thread I've Read In Years
I'm So Proud
 5 years ago '05        #79
Muggz 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,586 | Props total: 1991 1991
I like the thread concept well done

my beef is the downplay of Devito as the Penguin. That was the best performance of a batman villian next to Heath as joker. Including cat woman. Nobody could top that performance as the penguin. Devito fit and played that role flawlessly. Who else could have even came close?

Are u a fan of the comics? did u grow up on the animated series as a youth? anticipating every new episode to see who the next villian was? did u buy or rent and play through every game(not just the new ones although they are perfect nostaglia? just asking no hate here

Last edited by Muggz; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #80
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 DaOmega_1;23651601
[CENTER said:

[pic - click to view]

BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
Director: Joel Schumacher
Starring: George Clooney, Chris O'Donnell, Alicia Silverstone, Uma Thurman, Arnold Schwarzenegger[/CENTER]
This movie f*cking sucks. Right from the get-go, it feels like this movie spun out of control from the very opening credits. Everything feels like it was turned up to 11. The comical style, the costumes, the homoerotic overtones, everything. EVERYTHING feels like it was amplified. As a result, you get a sh*tty excuse of a comic book film the reeks of cynical contempt on the part of the studio. First of all, George Clooney was way wrong for the part of Bruce Wayne. WAY wrong. His acting is just terrible. Schwarzeneggar's puns... just damn. It feels like the very worst comic books have to offer. Uma Thurman is terrible as poison ivy... Visually, the movie is UGLY. disgusting and nasty, this film's visual style feels like a ton of crayons went melted on to celluloid... and then someone wiped their a.ss with it.
The movie was designed to sell toys. McDonalds was in the WB boardroom dictating script changes to accomodate toy tie-ins. The real problem isn't just limited to the acting or n*pples on the batsuit. The real issue here is that this film truly represents why people were so slow to embrace comic book films. Because, when they think of comic book films, this is the movie they see. Something juvenile, insulting, and childish in a manner that is unforgivable. It's not even fun anymore. It's just obnoxious. Really, this film not only nearly k!lled the Batman franchise... It nearly k!lled ALL comic-book films. After "Batman & Robin", it became a sign that things needed to change if the audience was ever to embrace Batman again. Change, it did.

[pic - click to view]

BATMAN BEGINS (2005)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Rutger Hauer, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, & Tom Wilkinson
After eight years, 1 failed sequel, and 1 failed reboot later, Batman Begins seeked to re-energize the Batman franchise. It was to be a Batman that would be darker, more serious, and more cerebral in its examination of Batman & Bruce Wayne. Armed with a critical-darling indie director, and a powerhouse cast of wall-to-wall talent, Batman Begins was just what the doctor ordered after "Batman & Robin". In this film alone, Bruce Wayne gets a more developed story arc than he EVER got any ANY of the previous movies. First, we get Bruce Wayne overcoming his guilt. Then, we get Bruce Wayne overcoming his fear. Then, we get Bruce Wayne learning to turn that fear outward through trial & error. Lastly, we get Bruce Wayne embracing the new identity he has crafted for himself while dealing with the question of who is actually wearing the mask... Bruce Wayne as Batman, or vice versa...

The entire cast is playing it straight. Unlike the previous films, no one is winking at the camera as if to say "Hey! We're in a comic book movie! Isn't this wacky?!?!"... No. Christian Bale is surrounded by immensely talented actors that bring class & weight to the movie rather than just personalities. Nothing feels cartoony. Batman is more of a menacing character than he was in the previous films. There are scenes that feel like they are straight out of a horror film. The scene on the docks feels like it is shot & edited like a horror film. It makes Batman SCARY. And, that's awesome. The "fear toxin" could've been stupid & cartoonish, but Nolan & Goyer make it terrifying by the fact that it is actually a visualization of these character's greatest fears. It is Batman the way the populace sees him, as a menacing, psychotic, intense beast of a man. The movie deals with fear better than any Batman film. Of course, there are issues... Mainly that they do what I always hated about the previous films. They k!ll the villain. BATMAN doesn't k!ll, and can't allow others to be k!lled. There are issues with pacing. Katie Holmes just wasn't up to snuff as Rachel Dawes. Some of the f!ght scenes could've been shot & edited a little better. BUT, thankfully, those issues got correct (and then some) in the next film...

[pic - click to view]

THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman
The Dark Knight is an incredible movie. Incredible. The acting is great top-to-bottom, the pacing is brisk, the script is tight, the direction is superb, the score is awesome. Even watching it now, I can still get as invested in the movie as I did when I first saw it back in 2008. The movie captured lightning in a bottle. It created a zeitgeist that made it THE movie of its time, and made it timeless really? Disagree? Why are people STILL talking about "The Dark Knight" today besides the fact that a sequel is being released? Why is every comic book movie compared to The Dark Knight? Because it transcends the genre, and becomes not only an engrossing tragedy, but also an interested character study, a badass action movie, a mature crime drama, etc.

Heath Ledger is incredible in the movie, but he alone is not the only thing that is wonderful about the movie. The entire cast is great in their roles. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent aka Two-Face has the most tragic story arc in the film. Bruce Wayne gets to explore more complex issues regarding justice, his ethics, and what is right & wrong. The Joker is really the perfect villain for Nolan's films. It makes Batman question whether his ethics are truly working, and it pushes him to the limit of his abilities. The movie, more than anything else, represents Batman completely and totally in a way that we haven't seen before. Combined with Batman Begins, and we have an excellent series that really allows us to get to know & identify with Batman. Man... I haven't even scratched the surface of what is so f*cking good about this movie.

So, there you have it. We have a franchise that has seen its ups & its downs. We've seen multiple storytellers trying to make the character of Batman their own, and we haven't even seen what may be planned for the future when Nolan's trilogy is complete......
But true, thats the worst Batman of all time and i hate almost all George Clooney movies except for From Dusk Till Dawn... But still
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago