Lets Watch: The Batman Films

most viewed right now
 125
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 112
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 93
Pusha T Song leak snippet and Kanye verse
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,633 | Props total: 1764 1764
good thread...i just watched batman begins and tdk....been a fan of the animes and they are way better than all the live action ones EXCEPT nolans trilogy.....
will be back after i watch em all again give me a day or two imma watch the animes also.
 6 years ago '10        #42
kingamos 
space
avatar space
space
$48 | Props total: 0 0
when i think about Batman, the voice i always hear is Kevin Conroy. I think Val Kilmer did a good job as Bruce Wayne, just not a great job as Batman.....if that makes sense lol
 6 years ago '10        #43
Figueroa 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$6,697 | Props total: 1957 1957
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'll give it a watch soon, I haven't seen it yet.

The next "Lets Watch" thing I'm gonna do is probably for the Spider-Man trilogy because of The Amazing Spider-Man coming out.
Under the Red Hood was dope. Also peep Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero. It's pretty slept on... not as good as Mask of the Phantasm, but still pretty good.
 6 years ago '05        #44
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 kingamos said:
when i think about Batman, the voice i always hear is Kevin Conroy. I think Val Kilmer did a good job as Bruce Wayne, just not a great job as Batman.....if that makes sense lol
Makes total sense.

Kevin Conroy has the definitive Batman voice.
 6 years ago '08        #45
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$19,675 | Props total: 2534 2534
 Illstreet said:
There's very little range to Keatons Batman imo.

He felt too detached to me...
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'll also add that there never felt like there wasn't much to Keaton's Batman. It never feels like he goes through an arc as a character.
Completely agree.
 6 years ago '04        #46
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$33,576 | Props total: 3079 3079
Clark Kent is much deeper and inspirational than Bruce Wayne imo.. Good thread idea though.. can't wait for the superman thread when The Man Of Steel releases.
 6 years ago '05        #47
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 CTre said:
Clark Kent is much deeper and inspirational than Bruce Wayne imo.. Good thread idea though.. can't wait for the superman thread when The Man Of Steel releases.
I love Superman as a character... BUT, I don't think that any incarnation of his character besides the first two films ever captured Clark Kent & Superman...
 06-19-2012, 11:20 PM         #48
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BATMAN RETURNS (1992)


Michelle Phiffer is the best catwoman. she made that movie what it was/is. She made me feel for catwoman in a way I had never felt for her...like i wanted the best for that character when watching that movie. She made me root for catwoman, something i had never done in the past.

i wish they would had made the catwoman spinoff a year or 2 after this movie, with her playing catwoman. would have been amazing.
 6 years ago '08        #49
flix02 2063 heat pts2063
space
avatar space
space
$10,669 | Props total: 4042 4042
 6 years ago '04        #50
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,038 | Props total: 2266 2266
 Francis Schilke said:
i know you wasnt feelin the early films, but would you agree that Micheal Keaton is a better Batman than Cloony, Kilmer, and Bale?(as far as his acting in the films go?)
Keaton was always the best Batman to me ( I even preferred his Bruce Wayne over the others as well ).


He just made Batman and Bruce Wayne seem dark and remote. A true loner with a great depth of mystery to him.


Bale makes Batman and Bruce Wayne seem like a regular person , like any other guy you'd find in any other movie. What makes his Batman great is the story that Nolan creates around him.


Keaton with Burton's direction made Batman synonymous with all the terms that IMO he should be : dark, mysterious, lonely, unreadable , anti-social, etc. He truly made Bruce Wayne come off as a very "different" type of individual. Someone who was truly tormented and had psychological problems.

Like I said I really liked the whole "dark mysterious loner" quality that Keaton gave to Batman, it just made Burton's movies feel like they had this extra unworldly and ethereal dimension to them.
 6 years ago '05        #51
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 psylence2k said:
Keaton was always the best Batman to me ( I even preferred his Bruce Wayne over the others as well ).


He just made Batman and Bruce Wayne seem dark and remote. A true loner with a great depth of mystery to him.


Bale makes Batman and Bruce Wayne seem like a regular person , like any other guy you'd find in any other movie. What makes his Batman great is the story that Nolan creates around him.


Keaton with Burton's direction made Batman synonymous with all the terms that IMO he should be : dark, mysterious, lonely, unreadable , anti-social, etc. He truly made Bruce Wayne come off as a very "different" type of individual. Someone who was truly tormented and had psychological problems.

Like I said I really liked the whole "dark mysterious loner" quality that Keaton gave to Batman, it just made Burton's movies feel like they had this extra unworldly and ethereal dimension to them.
He only comes off that way because Burton chose not to spend time with Bruce Wayne, and focus on the villains. That, to me, doesn't make him dark or mysterious. It makes him flat & one-dimensional.
 6 years ago '07        #52
theFREAK 3947 heat pts3947
space
avatar space
space
$56,680 | Props total: 46270 46270
 Illstreet said:
Bale is my favorite...

There's very little range to Keatons Batman imo.

He felt too detached to me...


Clooney & Kilmer >>>>>>>>> Bale


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




 06-20-2012, 02:03 AM         #53
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:


Because he's a Billionaire and one of the most well known & recognized people in the world?

Because it fits the Comics description of "a voice like Clint Eastwood after eating a box of nails"?

Take your pick.

Either way Bale's choice makes perfect logical sense.
Just cause something stays true to the original idea doesn't mean it's automatically good. Maybe for fanboys that has a special meaning To me it just was hokey. His voice, not the movie.
 6 years ago '04        #54
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,038 | Props total: 2266 2266
 DaOmega_1 said:
He only comes off that way because Burton chose not to spend time with Bruce Wayne, and focus on the villains. That, to me, doesn't make him dark or mysterious. It makes him flat & one-dimensional.
Nah, Imma have to disagree, sure Burton's Batman didn't get much screen time as Nolan's did in Batman Begins but even when he's on screen to me he was far from one dimensional or "flat". Burton's use of aesthetics with Keaton's performance was able to convey a certain sense of tormented vulnerability but at the same time obsessive introspection in pursuit of his "purpose ". Certain scenes in both of Burton's films that were void of dialogue still resonated great emotion and meaning to me like the scene in Batman Returns when Keaton is thinking by himself in the dark when the signal goes on or in the original when Vicki Vale is trying to probe who's behind the mask as the Batman mobile veers through the Gothic forest on its' way to the Bat cave. Burton's use of his musical score and visual aesthetics to convey certain concepts and emotions that traditional dialogue cannot was what really resonated with me from his batman films.


I a.ssume maybe because there wasn't as much dialogue or background information as you would've liked that it was not towards your taste. IMO it's better that way. That's why Joker was so interesting in the Dark Knight, because here you had someone who seemed very psychologically disturbed but you didn't exactly know why because there wasn't definitive background information provided. This added more mystique to his character in a somewhat similar fashion that it did for Burton's batman.


I remember watching a interview with Burton and he actually addressed the criticism of not putting Batman out there as much as the Joker. His answer was pretty much spot on with what I already felt about Keaton's Batman. He was suppose to have this reclusive and dark quality to him. You were suppose to know as little about him as possible to build the mystique around him. He had to pull off this quality of being the anti-social loner, someone who wanted to be as little in the spotlight as possible. Someone who shunned attention. To me that type of thing raises more interest and intrigue because it constantly has you wondering, imagining, and asking questions. Why does he do this or that ? Maybe it's because this or that. You kind of allow your imagination to build a certain portion of your perception of the character similar to how novels dont put illustrations in their books because a reader's imagination is more suited towards tailoring the narrative towards their liking.


IMO it also works ALOT better with the symbolism of the Bat. A nocturnal creature who shuns the light. Disclosing less about Batman the way Burton did IMO allowed your subconscious to a.ssociate him less and less with regular human characteristics. I think maybe you preferred the way Nolan's Batman spelled everything out about Bruce Wayne and Batman for you. It held your hand and gave you completely everything there was to know about him. I wasn't as crazy about that one particular aspect, the transparency made it a little too plain for me. It made Nolan's batman just a regular guy in a rubber suit, while Burton's was more of a mysterious dark weirdo you really couldn't put your finger on. After Batman Begins I didn't really care to see Nolan's batman on screen in TDK because I felt I already pretty much knew everything there was to know about him. Bale's Bruce Wayne just became too predictable to me. That's why he probably allowed Joker to take over that movie the same way Burton's did. When you know less and less about the character it makes you anxious to see more and more of them to figure them out. Burton gave you juuuuust enough to make you wonder and leave a sense of mystery or unpredicability the same way I felt Nolan's Joker did.


Last edited by psylence2k; 06-20-2012 at 02:30 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #55
ROger Rabbit 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$4,398 | Props total: 2343 2343
still have my 1st batman on vhs
 6 years ago '07        #56
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,853 | Props total: 251 251
Get all the animated ones a review and we're good to go. Good thread.
 6 years ago '10        #57
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$21,265 | Props total: 1496 1496
you ever danced with the devil in a pale moon light, I ask that of all my prey...................line was wasted in a wack batman movie.
 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM         #58
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Nah, Imma have to disagree, sure Burton's Batman didn't get much screen time as Nolan's did in Batman Begins but even when he's on screen to me he was far from one dimensional or "flat". Burton's use of aesthetics with Keaton's performance was able to convey a certain sense of tormented vulnerability but at the same time obsessive introspection in pursuit of his "purpose ". Certain scenes in both of Burton's films that were void of dialogue still resonated great emotion and meaning to me like the scene in Batman Returns when Keaton is thinking by himself in the dark when the signal goes on or in the original when Vicki Vale is trying to probe who's behind the mask as the Batman mobile veers through the Gothic forest on its' way to the Bat cave. Burton's use of his musical score and visual aesthetics to convey certain concepts and emotions that traditional dialogue cannot was what really resonated with me from his batman films.


I a.ssume maybe because there wasn't as much dialogue or background information as you would've liked that it was not towards your taste. IMO it's better that way. That's why Joker was so interesting in the Dark Knight, because here you had someone who seemed very psychologically disturbed but you didn't exactly know why because there wasn't definitive background information provided. This added more mystique to his character in a somewhat similar fashion that it did for Burton's batman.


I remember watching a interview with Burton and he actually addressed the criticism of not putting Batman out there as much as the Joker. His answer was pretty much spot on with what I already felt about Keaton's Batman. He was suppose to have this reclusive and dark quality to him. You were suppose to know as little about him as possible to build the mystique around him. He had to pull off this quality of being the anti-social loner, someone who wanted to be as little in the spotlight as possible. Someone who shunned attention. To me that type of thing raises more interest and intrigue because it constantly has you wondering, imagining, and asking questions. Why does he do this or that ? Maybe it's because this or that. You kind of allow your imagination to build a certain portion of your perception of the character similar to how novels dont put illustrations in their books because a reader's imagination is more suited towards tailoring the narrative towards their liking.


IMO it also works ALOT better with the symbolism of the Bat. A nocturnal creature who shuns the light. Disclosing less about Batman the way Burton did IMO allowed your subconscious to a.ssociate him less and less with regular human characteristics. I think maybe you preferred the way Nolan's Batman spelled everything out about Bruce Wayne and Batman for you. It held your hand and gave you completely everything there was to know about him. I wasn't as crazy about that one particular aspect, the transparency made it a little too plain for me. It made Nolan's batman just a regular guy in a rubber suit, while Burton's was more of a mysterious dark weirdo you really couldn't put your finger on. After Batman Begins I didn't really care to see Nolan's batman on screen in TDK because I felt I already pretty much knew everything there was to know about him. Bale's Bruce Wayne just became too predictable to me. That's why he probably allowed Joker to take over that movie the same way Burton's did. When you know less and less about the character it makes you anxious to see more and more of them to figure them out. Burton gave you juuuuust enough to make you wonder and leave a sense of mystery or unpredicability the same way I felt Nolan's Joker did.
You're entitled to your opinion... But as already stated, I disagree...

Nothing is ever at risk with Keaton's Batman. There is no cause and effect with the core of the character. Nothing is going to make him budge or change in any direction. He just is...

Not very interesting at all...
 6 years ago '05        #59
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 Illstreet said:
You're entitled to your opinion... But as already stated, I disagree...

Nothing is ever at risk with Keaton's Batman. There is no cause and effect with the core of the character. Nothing is going to make him budge or change in any direction. He just is...

Not very interesting at all...
I completely agree.
 6 years ago '08        #60
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,431 | Props total: 430 430
Good read and agree with your reviews.

I can't wait for TDKR. I grew up watching all these movies (and the videogames no matter how bad they were. Batman Forever!! lol). Watching Batman and Robin was so confusing when it came out. I was like WTF is going on?! Why must they emphasize on his n*pples? Their a.sses? Why am I not enjoying this movie?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
142 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Steph unveils the new Curry V Low, Finally a good looking Curry shoe?
41 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside May 22 - Here’s how money is destroying the world and the people livin..
46 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
114 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside New Shazam Poster!!?
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy