Dextrose after a workout - good or bad??

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
30 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM         #21
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hit Em' Up said:
That video was painful to watch those guys are really annoying and take 100 years to get to the point.

Anyway, like I said in my first post you'll come across trainers and articles that both promote and discourage carbs PWO. The article in my first post discourages it but here is an exerpt from Charles Poliquins website. He is very well respected in the fitness industry having trained professional athletes such as Donovan Bailey. He is an advocate of carbs PWO.

06-19-2012, 10:35 AM         #22
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
With carbs post workout just try for yourself.

Take them for a while then stop and see which works best for you.
 5 years ago '04        #23
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 CentsCuZ said:
Yeah, cause I didn't post anything else, like an article which cites recent research.

Your dumb a.ss thinks you can take 150 grams of protein in one meal and have no other protein for the next 23+ hrs and have the same results as someone who gets 30 grams per meal every 3 hrs over the course of a day.
Lol @ this ignorant moron spouting off about things he knows nothing about. Educate yourself before showing us how stupid you really are.
 5 years ago '06        #24
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
 tech5c said:
Every expert has their own opinion on things. Every expert strongly believes one thing that another expert is against. I don't live by every word of Charles Poliquin or any single trainer for that matter.

You hit the nail right on the head when you said try it for yourself and see. No knowledge is better then personal experience. Especially in this field where everyone is very unique you have to discover yourself.

I think bibbi was right when he said the average person wouldnt notice a difference. I haven't either to be honest.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 06-21-2012 at 12:33 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #25
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 123456 said:
Prodigy is right....it's unnecessary.

Your glycogen is NOT depleted after a workout. Unless you're an endurance athlete that works out at least 2 or 3 times a day, you don't need to have a "fast carb" meal or anything like that.

The only thing you need to worry about is getting the right amount of calories and protein in a day. CentsCuz...you can have 1 meal with 150g of protein or have 5 meals of 30 grams of protein in each one. Results will be the same.

A lot of stuff on this forum is old beliefs that many studies recently have been proven wrong. In the end, calories are what matter more than ANYTHING.
false

your body cant digest those 150 grams of protein all at once effectively. you wasting around 75% of that protein.
 5 years ago '04        #26
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 eLLz said:
false

your body cant digest those 150 grams of protein all at once effectively. you wasting around 75% of that protein.
Such a misguided and ridiculous statement.

You're not giving the human body enough credit.

Last edited by Prodigy; 07-02-2012 at 12:52 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #27
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,117 | Props total: 597 597
 eLLz said:
false

How did you calculate the 75%?
 5 years ago '09        #28
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 7974 7974
i wonder if those brolic dudes in the prisons use dextrose

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #29
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 7974 7974
 eLLz said:
false

i didnt know your body had to digest food in 1 sitting or the food becomes "waste"

you can take 150g's of protein before you go to sleep and i guarntee you when you wake up......7 hours later, your body will still be digesting it
 5 years ago '06        #30
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Jacc Blacc said:
i didnt know your body had to digest food in 1 sitting or the food becomes "waste"

you can take 150g's of protein before you go to sleep and i guarntee you when you wake up......7 hours later, your body will still be digesting it
was always told that your body can only get in about 40 grams at most, rest will be stored as fat.

I have heard conflicting statements tho. all my coaches etc told me 40 and a dude I know who was a trainer so I usually go with 40 when it comes to powder. 2-3 times a day just to be safe I guess, why overload when you can just split it up.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy