Production on Michael Bay's "Ninja Turtles" reboot has been SHUT DOWN indefinitely

most viewed right now
 103
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 54
NBA Lebron James just PUBLICLY ETHERED Stephen Curry CAREER and TOOK HIS SOUL ..
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,008 | Props total: 86 86
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
ill be honest i did want to see it, BUT once they said its gonna be just Ninja Turtles not Teenage anymore i started to feel little weird about it. Then when they said they were aliens it made me start to feel more out of it about this. I just think that if they are gonna reboot it just remake it dont mess with it completely, or just dont make it so im still on fence about it
 6 years ago '05        #42
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,008 | Props total: 86 86
 Rico23 said:

[pic - click to view]

Tango and Cash one of my all time fav movies lol
 6 years ago '07        #43
datboi260 
space
avatar space
space
$69 | Props total: 175 175
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
Get em....
[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #44
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$14,444 | Props total: 8443 8443
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
We DO want to see a new TMNT joint, we just want it done right.
 youknowmystelo said:
This. Somehow they think its cool to jump on the bangwagon and trash it because someone sent the signal.


Just because a group of people happen to agree on something, doesn't mean they're doing so just for the sake of agreeing and appearing "cool".

I know that may be a hard concept for an internet flooded with contrarian personalities to understand.
 6 years ago '05        #45
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
Actually no. I don't wanna see a new turtles joint with this creative team and this studio behind it.

If someone who can respect the source material comes along, and has an original & interesting take on it, sure. But, this is not the case, and I couldn't give a sh*t about this current incarnation... at all.
 06-16-2012, 09:46 PM         #46
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Actually no. I don't wanna see a new turtles joint with this creative team and this studio behind it.

If someone who can respect the source material comes along, and has an original & interesting take on it, sure. But, this is not the case, and I couldn't give a sh*t about this current incarnation... at all.
Look at what y'all hero Nolan did to the batman series, tho.

Hypocrites.
 6 years ago '05        #47
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
 youknowmystelo said:
Look at what y'all hero Nolan did to the batman series, tho.

Hypocrites.
Nolan respects the source material, and manages to capture the essence of Batman not only in concept, but in tone, and in execution of Batman as a character, and also Bruce Wayne as a person. Look what he did? He brought dignity and intelligence to the franchise...

C'mon... too easy.

Not only is Michael Bay making HUGE alterations to TMNT in concept (Nolan never made any changes that drastic), but Bay is totally disregarding the fans by not listening to them, and not respecting those who might've invested time into the franchise whether it be the comics or the cartoon. For me, at least, Nolan has NEVER disrespected Batman fans the way that Bay disrespected both Transformers & TMNT fans.

Nope. Not an apt comparison in the slightest. Try again.
 6 years ago '10        #48
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
I can say hell yea i want to see a new TMNT joint, but not from bay. Bay was already headed into left field with his adaptation. Got damn, when will this dude realize that he aint got to change from the source material like that, damn the sh*t obviously was a hit in its original form. What purpose could there be to make the damn ninja turtles from outer space Make the fu*kin movie for the fans, if u do that, and do it well, the rest will follow...On the other hand, i have to say i would have liked to see some concept art, preproduction pics and sh*t like that before it got scrapped, just to see where he was headed and maybe all the sh*t that he might a got right but make no mistake my brotha, cannin this sh*t was a smart move. Perfection takes time, I aint mad at that.
 6 years ago '05        #49
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
And, for all those who think this is just a "follower" mentality.

Look.

Paramount, a studio notorious for making terrible creative decisions in recent years, looked at the film, and thought that it would be best to go back to the drawing board. And, if it prevents a subpar product from entering the marketplace, then that's a VERY good thing.

Studios have TONS of resources to make movies, but it doesn't always mean they should. If Universal would've thought about if making "Battleship" was a good idea, then maybe they wouldn't have a bomb almost as bad as John Carter.
 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM         #50
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Nolan respects the source material, and manages to capture the essence of Batman not only in concept, but in tone, and in execution of Batman as a character, and also Bruce Wayne as a person. Look what he did? He brought dignity and intelligence to the franchise...

C'mon... too easy.

Not only is Michael Bay making HUGE alterations to TMNT in concept (Nolan never made any changes that drastic), but Bay is totally disregarding the fans by not listening to them, and not respecting those who might've invested time into the franchise whether it be the comics or the cartoon. For me, at least, Nolan has NEVER disrespected Batman fans the way that Bay disrespected both Transformers & TMNT fans.

Nope. Not an apt comparison in the slightest. Try again.
You said it. Your opinion.

Nolan flipped the whole Batman series into dark and cynical premise; and now has other following in his footsteps.

We didn't get a chance to see if TMNT would have been awesome.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,017 | Props total: 2891 2891
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

Im happy about this news. dont nobody wanna see that bullsh*t, i hope it never gets made.
 06-16-2012, 10:12 PM         #52
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
And, for all those who think this is just a "follower" mentality.

Look.

Paramount, a studio notorious for making terrible creative decisions in recent years, looked at the film, and thought that it would be best to go back to the drawing board. And, if it prevents a subpar product from entering the marketplace, then that's a VERY good thing.

Studios have TONS of resources to make movies, but it doesn't always mean they should. If Universal would've thought about if making "Battleship" was a good idea, then maybe they wouldn't have a bomb almost as bad as John Carter.
Never seen those movies. Why should i care if audiences don't know how to handle a certain movie?


You should know this, Omega. Sales doesn't always equal good movie or vice versa.
 6 years ago '05        #53
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
 youknowmystelo said:
You said it. Your opinion.

Nolan flipped the whole Batman series into dark and cynical premise; and now has other following in his footsteps.

We didn't get a chance to see if TMNT would have been awesome.
Dark... like the comics? Uh, yeah. It should be dark, bro.

Cynical?... Ehh, don't know how you read it as cynical.

And, with Michael Bay involved? No, not awesome...

If it is REALLY going to be directed by Jonathan Liebesman (f*ck that guy), then f*ck no, it is pretty much guaranteed that it will NOT be awesome.
 06-16-2012, 10:15 PM         #54
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Dark... like the comics? Uh, yeah. It should be dark, bro.

Cynical?... Ehh, don't know how you read it as cynical.

And, with Michael Bay involved? No, not awesome...

If it is REALLY going to be directed by Jonathan Liebesman (f*ck that guy), then f*ck no, it is pretty much guaranteed that it will NOT be awesome.
Did you pay attention to the subtext or the political aspect of the TDK?

The last 45 minutes of the last Transformers, bruh. :cmon: We've seen what Bay is capable of when hes playing with his toys. In TMNT we wouldn't have to worry about acting either.


Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-16-2012 at 10:18 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #55
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,017 | Props total: 2891 2891
 youknowmystelo said:
Look at what y'all hero Nolan did to the batman series, tho.

Hypocrites.
Man shet yo a.ss up! Have u seen any of Nolan's batman movies??? they way better than the travesties they made after batman returns. Even Tim Burton, the director of the original said Nolan's batman movies are better than his. the franchise was a joke before Nolan saved it.

Michael Bay is a problem, transformers was good visually but the ones after the first sucked in everything else and that last one made my a.ss hurt sitting through that sh*t in the theatre. The direction he was going with turtles was absolute trash, if you are a turtles fan you should be happy paramount canned this project. you prob not an 80's baby if u speakin this nonsense.
 06-16-2012, 10:19 PM         #56
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Man shet yo a.ss up! Have u seen any of Nolan's batman movies??? they way better than the travesties they made after batman returns. Even Tim Burton, the director of the original said Nolan's batman movies are better than his. the franchise was a joke before Nolan saved it.

Michael Bay is a problem, transformers was good visually but the ones after the first sucked in everything else and that last one made my a.ss hurt sitting through that sh*t in the theatre. The direction he was going with turtles was absolute trash, if you are a turtles fan you should be happy paramount canned this project. you prob not an 80's baby if u speakin this nonsense.
Its cool, but why make a undercurrent movie of Fascism? And, it was all Joker. We'll see what Mr. Nolan has in store for his next one.
 6 years ago '05        #57
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
 youknowmystelo said:
Never seen those movies. Why should i care if audiences don't know how to handle a certain movie?


You should know this, Omega. Sales doesn't always equal good movie or vice versa.
If you're a studio exec, you should care, or you'll end up losing a whole lot of money for your studio.

And, I never said sales indicates good movies. That was never EVER a point of discussion. But, ever since "Battleship" was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Ever since this TMNT reboot was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Now, put yourself in the shoes of Paramount exec. You've seen a similar project bomb because of negative buzz, are you gonna risk a similar thing happening with your project, especially if you're sinking TONS of money into it?

No. Of course, you don't. Movies are a business. Plus, if the script issues are this bad (I've heard from folks that the script problems are more severe than what is being reported), maybe it should be shelved until the problems get worked out.


Last edited by DaOmega_1; 06-16-2012 at 10:24 PM..
 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM         #58
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
If you're a studio exec, you should care, or you'll end up losing a whole lot of money for your studio.

And, I never said sales indicates good movies. That was never EVER a point of discussion. But, ever since "Battleship" was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Ever since this TMNT reboot was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Now, put yourself in the shoes of Paramount exec. You've seen a similar project bomb because of negative buzz, are you gonna risk a similar thing happening with your project, especially if you're sinking TONS of money into it?

No. Of course, you don't. Movies are a business. Plus, if the script issues are this bad (I've heard from folks that the script problems are more severe than what is being reported), maybe it should be shelved until the problems get worked out.
Hollywood is all recycle business. Which is why i choose wisely when paying for an admission.

Chronicle & Prometheus
from this year only.
 06-16-2012, 10:28 PM         #59
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S W A N said:
Wish Nolan coukd direct it and give it that original comic book dark feeling. The cartoon turtles were cleaned up for kids. The original comic book turtles are dark and violent. Dont need michael bays explosions for a turtle movie
We never gave him a chance.

We all just ridiculed him based on his past performances. Who knows he might've had the illest vision.
 6 years ago '05        #60
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,267 | Props total: 5401 5401
If anything, Michael bay needs to stay away from ANYTHING family friendly, and stick to the R rated action films he used to do. Those films were when he was at his best (The Rock, Bad Boys 2).
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
120 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
137 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
161 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
NBA BX do you agree with Scottie Pippen??
177 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy