Production on Michael Bay's "Ninja Turtles" reboot has been SHUT DOWN indefinitely

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
ill be honest i did want to see it, BUT once they said its gonna be just Ninja Turtles not Teenage anymore i started to feel little weird about it. Then when they said they were aliens it made me start to feel more out of it about this. I just think that if they are gonna reboot it just remake it dont mess with it completely, or just dont make it so im still on fence about it
 6 years ago '05        #42
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
 Rico23 said:

[pic - click to view]

Tango and Cash one of my all time fav movies lol
 6 years ago '07        #43
datboi260 
space
space
$48 | Props total: 117 117
 OoChiLLoO said:
u n*ggas aint even curious to see what they couldve come up with im a reboot? i dont know... i think yall just latching on to the first reply when deep down inside yall really wanted to see a new turtles joint...
Get em....
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #44
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 OoChiLLoO said:
We DO want to see a new TMNT joint, we just want it done right.
 youknowmystelo said:
This. Somehow they think its cool to jump on the bangwagon and trash it because someone sent the signal.

Just because a group of people happen to agree on something, doesn't mean they're doing so just for the sake of agreeing and appearing "cool".

I know that may be a hard concept for an internet flooded with contrarian personalities to understand.
 6 years ago '05        #45
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 OoChiLLoO said:
Actually no. I don't wanna see a new turtles joint with this creative team and this studio behind it.

If someone who can respect the source material comes along, and has an original & interesting take on it, sure. But, this is not the case, and I couldn't give a sh*t about this current incarnation... at all.
 06-16-2012, 10:46 PM         #46
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Actually no. I don't wanna see a new turtles joint with this creative team and this studio behind it.

If someone who can respect the source material comes along, and has an original & interesting take on it, sure. But, this is not the case, and I couldn't give a sh*t about this current incarnation... at all.
Look at what y'all hero Nolan did to the batman series, tho.

Hypocrites.
 6 years ago '05        #47
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

Hypocrites.
Nolan respects the source material, and manages to capture the essence of Batman not only in concept, but in tone, and in execution of Batman as a character, and also Bruce Wayne as a person. Look what he did? He brought dignity and intelligence to the franchise...

C'mon... too easy.

Not only is Michael Bay making HUGE alterations to TMNT in concept (Nolan never made any changes that drastic), but Bay is totally disregarding the fans by not listening to them, and not respecting those who might've invested time into the franchise whether it be the comics or the cartoon. For me, at least, Nolan has NEVER disrespected Batman fans the way that Bay disrespected both Transformers & TMNT fans.

Nope. Not an apt comparison in the slightest. Try again.
 6 years ago '10        #48
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 OoChiLLoO said:
I can say hell yea i want to see a new TMNT joint, but not from bay. Bay was already headed into left field with his adaptation. Got damn, when will this dude realize that he aint got to change from the source material like that, damn the sh*t obviously was a hit in its original form. What purpose could there be to make the damn ninja turtles from outer space Make the fu*kin movie for the fans, if u do that, and do it well, the rest will follow...On the other hand, i have to say i would have liked to see some concept art, preproduction pics and sh*t like that before it got scrapped, just to see where he was headed and maybe all the sh*t that he might a got right but make no mistake my brotha, cannin this sh*t was a smart move. Perfection takes time, I aint mad at that.
 6 years ago '05        #49
space
space
And, for all those who think this is just a "follower" mentality.

Look.

Paramount, a studio notorious for making terrible creative decisions in recent years, looked at the film, and thought that it would be best to go back to the drawing board. And, if it prevents a subpar product from entering the marketplace, then that's a VERY good thing.

Studios have TONS of resources to make movies, but it doesn't always mean they should. If Universal would've thought about if making "Battleship" was a good idea, then maybe they wouldn't have a bomb almost as bad as John Carter.
 06-16-2012, 11:07 PM         #50
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Nolan respects the source material, and manages to capture the essence of Batman not only in concept, but in tone, and in execution of Batman as a character, and also Bruce Wayne as a person. Look what he did? He brought dignity and intelligence to the franchise...

C'mon... too easy.

Not only is Michael Bay making HUGE alterations to TMNT in concept (Nolan never made any changes that drastic), but Bay is totally disregarding the fans by not listening to them, and not respecting those who might've invested time into the franchise whether it be the comics or the cartoon. For me, at least, Nolan has NEVER disrespected Batman fans the way that Bay disrespected both Transformers & TMNT fans.

Nope. Not an apt comparison in the slightest. Try again.
You said it. Your opinion.

Nolan flipped the whole Batman series into dark and cynical premise; and now has other following in his footsteps.

We didn't get a chance to see if TMNT would have been awesome.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

Im happy about this news. dont nobody wanna see that bullsh*t, i hope it never gets made.
 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM         #52
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
And, for all those who think this is just a "follower" mentality.

Look.

Paramount, a studio notorious for making terrible creative decisions in recent years, looked at the film, and thought that it would be best to go back to the drawing board. And, if it prevents a subpar product from entering the marketplace, then that's a VERY good thing.

Studios have TONS of resources to make movies, but it doesn't always mean they should. If Universal would've thought about if making "Battleship" was a good idea, then maybe they wouldn't have a bomb almost as bad as John Carter.
Never seen those movies. Why should i care if audiences don't know how to handle a certain movie?

You should know this, Omega. Sales doesn't always equal good movie or vice versa.
 6 years ago '05        #53
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
You said it. Your opinion.

Nolan flipped the whole Batman series into dark and cynical premise; and now has other following in his footsteps.

We didn't get a chance to see if TMNT would have been awesome.
Dark... like the comics? Uh, yeah. It should be dark, bro.

Cynical?... Ehh, don't know how you read it as cynical.

And, with Michael Bay involved? No, not awesome...

If it is REALLY going to be directed by Jonathan Liebesman (f*ck that guy), then f*ck no, it is pretty much guaranteed that it will NOT be awesome.
 06-16-2012, 11:15 PM         #54
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Dark... like the comics? Uh, yeah. It should be dark, bro.

Cynical?... Ehh, don't know how you read it as cynical.

And, with Michael Bay involved? No, not awesome...

If it is REALLY going to be directed by Jonathan Liebesman (f*ck that guy), then f*ck no, it is pretty much guaranteed that it will NOT be awesome.
Did you pay attention to the subtext or the political aspect of the TDK?

The last 45 minutes of the last Transformers, bruh. :cmon: We've seen what Bay is capable of when hes playing with his toys. In TMNT we wouldn't have to worry about acting either.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-16-2012 at 11:18 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #55
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
 youknowmystelo said:

Hypocrites.
Man shet yo a.ss up! Have u seen any of Nolan's batman movies??? they way better than the travesties they made after batman returns. Even Tim Burton, the director of the original said Nolan's batman movies are better than his. the franchise was a joke before Nolan saved it.

Michael Bay is a problem, transformers was good visually but the ones after the first sucked in everything else and that last one made my a.ss hurt sitting through that sh*t in the theatre. The direction he was going with turtles was absolute trash, if you are a turtles fan you should be happy paramount canned this project. you prob not an 80's baby if u speakin this nonsense.
 06-16-2012, 11:19 PM         #56
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Man shet yo a.ss up! Have u seen any of Nolan's batman movies??? they way better than the travesties they made after batman returns. Even Tim Burton, the director of the original said Nolan's batman movies are better than his. the franchise was a joke before Nolan saved it.

Michael Bay is a problem, transformers was good visually but the ones after the first sucked in everything else and that last one made my a.ss hurt sitting through that sh*t in the theatre. The direction he was going with turtles was absolute trash, if you are a turtles fan you should be happy paramount canned this project. you prob not an 80's baby if u speakin this nonsense.
Its cool, but why make a undercurrent movie of Fascism? And, it was all Joker. We'll see what Mr. Nolan has in store for his next one.
 6 years ago '05        #57
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Never seen those movies. Why should i care if audiences don't know how to handle a certain movie?

You should know this, Omega. Sales doesn't always equal good movie or vice versa.
If you're a studio exec, you should care, or you'll end up losing a whole lot of money for your studio.

And, I never said sales indicates good movies. That was never EVER a point of discussion. But, ever since "Battleship" was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Ever since this TMNT reboot was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Now, put yourself in the shoes of Paramount exec. You've seen a similar project bomb because of negative buzz, are you gonna risk a similar thing happening with your project, especially if you're sinking TONS of money into it?

No. Of course, you don't. Movies are a business. Plus, if the script issues are this bad (I've heard from folks that the script problems are more severe than what is being reported), maybe it should be shelved until the problems get worked out.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 06-16-2012 at 11:24 PM..
 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM         #58
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
If you're a studio exec, you should care, or you'll end up losing a whole lot of money for your studio.

And, I never said sales indicates good movies. That was never EVER a point of discussion. But, ever since "Battleship" was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Ever since this TMNT reboot was announced, audience reaction was intensely negative. Now, put yourself in the shoes of Paramount exec. You've seen a similar project bomb because of negative buzz, are you gonna risk a similar thing happening with your project, especially if you're sinking TONS of money into it?

No. Of course, you don't. Movies are a business. Plus, if the script issues are this bad (I've heard from folks that the script problems are more severe than what is being reported), maybe it should be shelved until the problems get worked out.
Hollywood is all recycle business. Which is why i choose wisely when paying for an admission.

Chronicle & Prometheus
from this year only.
 06-16-2012, 11:28 PM         #59
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S W A N said:
Wish Nolan coukd direct it and give it that original comic book dark feeling. The cartoon turtles were cleaned up for kids. The original comic book turtles are dark and violent. Dont need michael bays explosions for a turtle movie
We never gave him a chance.

We all just ridiculed him based on his past performances. Who knows he might've had the illest vision.
 6 years ago '05        #60
space
space
If anything, Michael bay needs to stay away from ANYTHING family friendly, and stick to the R rated action films he used to do. Those films were when he was at his best (The Rock, Bad Boys 2).
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy