kendrick lamar - why does he get a pass ?

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
 norcal925 said:
You're not getting it.
One of the main complaints is no subject matter when he has subject matter

Facts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Opinions.
No. I don't think you get it. Subject matter = what the song represents. every rapper has subject matter some just differ from others. I think they understand him, they just don't like his music.
 6 years ago '11        #122
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,821 | Props total: 1227 1227
 greedy87 said:
No. I don't think you get it. Subject matter = what the song represents. every rapper has subject matter some just differ from others. I think they understand him, they just don't like his music.
Multiple people in here have said he is rapping about nothing in his songs...
 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM         #123
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameTheory said:

OK...and? Dude can rhyme from time to time but this sh*t is wack as hell to listen to.

I don't like it. It just sounds bad.

He's just rapping gangsta sh*t with a weird a.ss pattern.

And what?

Dude isn't really bringing anything NEW to the conversation.

You telling me the guy in this song has a message?

A dude comes in with a new flow and n*ggas can't handle it and drop to their knees ready to bown down and proclaim a new king ...

Ya'll are hung up on what "hip-hop" sounds like but ready to crown some bullsh*t because it has a particular "sound" you ID with being "real" when in fact this n*gga is talking about the same rudimentary bullsh*t that your popular rappers are. Ya'll not even recognizing your own bias.

the hell n*gga? not sure why you quoted me and started ranting for no reason because I damn sure aint proclaiming nobody king

Calm ya a.ss down
 6 years ago '04        #124
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 GameTheory said:
OK...and? Dude can rhyme from time to time but this sh*t is wack as hell to listen to.

I don't like it. It just sounds bad.

He's just rapping gangsta sh*t with a weird a.ss pattern.

And what?

Dude isn't really bringing anything NEW to the conversation.

You telling me the guy in this song has a message?

A dude comes in with a new flow and n*ggas can't handle it and drop to their knees ready to bown down and proclaim a new king ...

Ya'll are hung up on what "hip-hop" sounds like but ready to crown some bullsh*t because it has a particular "sound" you ID with being "real" when in fact this n*gga is talking about the same rudimentary bullsh*t that your popular rappers are. Ya'll not even recognizing your own bias.
kendrick raps gangsta sh!t? .....
 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM         #125
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameTheory said:

You the one posting a KL song as if its going to change some minds but when the sh*t ends up being wack you wanna back-track and act like you weren't in his corner.

You had the audacity to say some sh*t like "this song applies to OP and some others in the thread" as if you were going to change some minds.

I'll give it to you, Cartoons and Cereal is dope but mainly because of Gunplay...

I swear...I love some "conscious" music and some deep content from time to time, but ya'll are the type of dudes who want to throw on some lyrical thoughtful sh*t in the middle of a party as if we need to hear that.

GTFOH.

Shut ya sensitive a.ss up n*gga, talking about being in somebodys corner, what kind of childish train of thought is that

You took that sentence and let it apply to you so I guess if the shoe fits wear it. I never tried to change anybody mind and I damn sure made no comment about conscious hip-hop vs party hip-hop

Point is you cant put most of these rappers in a box. n*ggas posted "michael jordan" and "hiiipower" two completely different sounding tracks.
 6 years ago '04        #126
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 GameTheory said:

You the one posting a KL song as if its going to change some minds but when the sh*t ends up being wack you wanna back-track and act like you weren't in his corner.

You had the audacity to say some sh*t like "this song applies to OP and some others in the thread" as if you were going to change some minds.

I'll give it to you, Cartoons and Cereal is dope but mainly because of Gunplay...

I swear...I love some "conscious" music and some deep content from time to time, but ya'll are the type of dudes who want to throw on some lyrical thoughtful sh*t in the middle of a party as if we need to hear that.

GTFOH.

why is this dude hollering?
 6 years ago '11        #127
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
This thread still going?
 6 years ago '04        #128
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
This thread still going?
its either this or talk about drake and chris brown

and i could give a fu*k less about the latter
 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM         #129
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I aint read nothing you wrote G other then you saying "you not feeling it"

Ok then n*gga, then exit left. The fu*k you getting all hyped up on the internet for? You high n*gga?
 6 years ago '11        #130
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,821 | Props total: 1227 1227
 GameTheory said:
Keep posting. You're taking an L everytime.

I posted why I don't mess with KL and here you come with the cape on to defend him.

Let his music speak for itself.

I'm not feeling it.

End of story.

But don't act like you didn't post that little quip in addition to a song.

Lets ask ourselves....why did you even post the song in the first place? To paint KL in a different light? To change our opinions of him? You thought you knew something we didn't?

Why can't it be that I perfectly understand EVERYTHING he says, but I just think its wack. Not everyone is some undereducated goon that needs guidance.

You probably thought you could post that crap a.ss song and no one would take offense to it or challenge you on it.

Boo-hoo kneegrow.
How do you say "let the music speak for itself" then when someone post a song you get mad?

Contradicted yourself all in 1 post.

Edit: Also if you go back, someone clearly said post some music.
 6 years ago '11        #131
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 DSOM said:
fu*k u talking about? u taking sh*t out of context

if a n*gga has listenex to kendrick and says he's not talking about nothing then obviously he doesnt get what he's saying

some ppl have to listen to sh*t more than once before it sinks in. maybe you dont but judging by the comments made in here, that has to be the case
...Taking what out of context exactly? I've read damn near all the posts in here and yours have had the consistent pseudo-intelligent theme. It's not that they don't think he's speaking on topics, it's just that the topics he speaks on may not be something they give value to.

If I was a very casual hip hop listener, listened to Jay's drug lord allegory on Reasonable Doubt & didn't really catch on to most of the sh*t he was saying does that make me any less intelligent than you? Hell no. It means you value being aware of the mafioso lifestyle to understand the slang / imagery that Jay used to tell his stories. How does that make you any smarter than anybody else?

Some people can listen to sh*t however many times they want and whatever the message is still won't sink in. That doesn't necessarily mean the message is too heavy for them, it could mean that they just don't give a fu*k about what dude is talking about. Period.

And if this concept is too hard for you to understand then you should rethink the whole "intelligence" thing...
 6 years ago '04        #132
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Retro said:
...Taking what out of context exactly? I've read damn near all the posts in here and yours have had the consistent pseudo-intelligent theme. It's not that they don't think he's speaking on topics, it's just that the topics he speaks on may not be something they give value to.

If I was a very casual hip hop listener, listened to Jay's drug lord allegory on Reasonable Doubt & didn't really catch on to most of the sh*t he was saying does that make me any less intelligent than you? Hell no. It means you value being aware of the mafioso lifestyle to understand the slang / imagery that Jay used to tell his stories. How does that make you any smarter than anybody else?

Some people can listen to sh*t however many times they want and whatever the message is still won't sink in. That doesn't necessarily mean the message is too heavy for them, it could mean that they just don't give a fu*k about what dude is talking about. Period.

And if this concept is too hard for you to understand then you should rethink the whole "intelligence" thing...

[pic - click to view]

im too busy listening to music i can party to
 6 years ago '11        #133
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
In other words, my argument got bodied so let me duck out & try to save face. I hope you at least learned to k!ll the intelligence noise...
 6 years ago '08        #134
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,858 | Props total: 9185 9185
 DrX said:
who r u? notice i dont know u but u follow me......

that say alot about us herb
You obviously don't know who I am because idiots and fu*k faces like you stand out a lot more. That comes as a surprise to you how?

That says more about your 'character' and online steez than it does my 'existence' you pimpled face high school junky.
 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM         #135
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TS is an attention seeking heroine addict, also a f*ggot.
 6 years ago '11        #136
ROger Rabbit 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1794 1794
dude is overrated, boring and predictable.point blank, if you dont like the opinion then cry.
 6 years ago '04        #137
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Retro said:
In other words, my argument got bodied so let me duck out & try to save face. I hope you at least learned to k!ll the intelligence noise...
nope because i've getting been propped on those statements all day so there are many that agree with me

im good.
 6 years ago '05        #138
halfadash 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$1,863 | Props total: 656 656
 GameTheory said:
I don't get it either.

Even though I don't like his voice, it just seems like he trying to be Eminem (who I also think is wack)

Cramming syllables doesn't mean sh*t to me.

Lyrical is being able to say more with less.

Never thought of it that way....good point.
 06-15-2012, 09:33 PM         #139
typicalblackman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kendrick Lamar is dope as hell.
 6 years ago '04        #140
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
this is the song that made me say this n*gga is the truth

I didnt want to psot any songs becuse 9 times out of 10 they wont click on it anyway
but if u do, read the lyrics and im sure u can add this to the songs that u like by him.

[video - click to view]

Let bygones be bygones, but where I'm from
we buy guns and more guns to give to the young
I'm living the life of a n*gga trapped n*gga
inside the system, all you envision is trap n*ggas
My uncle doing life inside prison, he wasn't wrapped too tight
He told me rap about life, not rap, n*ggas
That's why I'm shaking my head when you rap dissing
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy