kendrick lamar - why does he get a pass ?

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
It's about being unique and original...some thing new rappers know nothing about.

No one has Kendricks flow or ever has...dude's flow is unique in it's own right. He also has a very complex rhyme scheme which he switches up often, his scheme is also original.

Mix that with clever wordplay and lyrics about real life and Kendrick delivers.

If you're a fan of rapping and not just "rap music", there's no way you can look at Kendrick and say this dude is wack or boring. Bottom line...
 5 years ago '12        #82
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,987 | Props total: 1256 1256
Kendrick Lamar >>>>>

Another HUGE L for the typing failure that is DrX

When will the L's stop lil n*gga?
 5 years ago '10        #83
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
U can have whatever opinion you want on Kendrick and im not mad cuz i cud see how someone might think he sucks..."might". But this song right here!!!

[video - click to view]

This concept and storytelling is too dope. No new rapper out right now from the new generation is making songs like this
 5 years ago '12        #84
AK2 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 100 100
the f*ggot OP also made this thread:

I can't take lame mofos like the OP seriously.
 5 years ago '11        #85
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
 DSOM said:
u see how u enlarged your statement to standout, even though your only repeating the same thing that has been said in this thread already.

thats basically a representation of the music you like and are defending

talking loud and saying nothing we havent heard before

bottomline is,
if youre not intellectually artistic enough to enjoy this man's music then thats your loss...
 06-15-2012, 04:55 PM         #86
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #87
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 greedy87 said:
He's right though...
 5 years ago '12        #88
CaLis LEGACY 77 heat pts77
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 347 347
kendrick is gettin alot of hype but its cus he has crossover to the mainstream

as soon as he ink that 360 deal with aftermath i begin to question dude

im from westside compton central and alondra to be exact

and life here is not that hard sure there is gangs and shootings

but if u dont fu*k with no one u straight
people respect others more than u would imagine

lamar has been holding it down with TDE but he should of created his own lane
instead of signing with dre

im speaking for myself when i say

i still fu*k with him

im just not expecting much from him

5 years ago '07        #89
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4748 4748
 DrX said:
get mad all u want but u dont know more about hiphop than me...thats a fact, i study the artform....im a real head
The sad thing is, I used to be just like you. I used to claim "real hip hop head" etc. Only listened to underground hip hop and boom bap 90's sh*t. But then I realized everything is based on personal preference and opinion. Some people like certain sh*t and others dont, point blank. That doesn't make you any better than anyone else, because I can guarantee you that I know more about hip hop than you do and you dont sound like a "real head" cause you didn't even know who "Elzhi or whatever his name is", which means you probably don't even know who Slum Village is (or possibly any of the Native tongue era hip hop groups) either, so your "real head" proclamation doesn't match your actual knowledge that you fail to portray on this board. K.Dot IN MY OPINION is one of the more promising artists out of this generation. Finally this generation of bullsh*t music gets a pretty dope artist and people sh*t on him, there is no pleasing you d!ckheads. Dude could be the most lyrical rapper hip hop has ever seen and you would still find something wrong with it and hate on it, for what? If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You won't find me in a thread about Toby Keith and the Dixie Chicks, because I don't listen to it, so why make a thread about something you don't like personally and try to pass it off as fact? Go listen to whoever you think is nice, spend your efforts trying to promote them and making threads praising those guys instead of wasting your time bashing artists you don't like, ever think of trying that?

GameTheory said:
This is what happens when backpackers and rap "purists" keep thinking their opinion matters.

Ya'll put forth these gassed dudes who really ain't that compelling or captivating.

I can't bear to hear some of his sh*t sometimes.

Same dudes bragging about "he made a song about malcolm and martin xyz"...oh really? Thats good? Just because? It was wack. The concept was lame etc.

It just doesn't SOUND good.

I'm a consumer. I want to purchase things and invest in them. If I don't like it, its not MY fault. Tell him to appeal to me.

Ya'll can't get mad and want to hear "good music" but tout these dudes who claim to be more "lyrical" but who aren't really saying that much more.

J Cole, we're looking at you too...
Who are you for ANY artist to try to appeal to YOU. Some artists, the respectable ones, make music from the soul and don't try to change just to please you. Nobody is asking you to listen to him, if you dont like it, just keep it pushin to whatever artist you like. Not just K.Dot, that goes for any artist that people bash for no apparent reason. If you dont think he's "lyrical" enough for you, then go buy all of Canibus' albums and support him so he can be as well known as these artists you claim not to like. YOU'RE the one sounding like a "purist" and saying someone isn't good enough for YOUR standards. I'm sure no artist goes in the studio and says "Man, I sure hope GameTheory likes this album and he approves of it". They have their fans and know who they are appealing to, you aren't one of them.

Last edited by whowantit; 06-15-2012 at 05:17 PM..
 06-15-2012, 05:16 PM         #90
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
this is what im sayin...when he takes his time it sounds cold but when he has to too active beat then he tries to catch it and it just sounds like he's rambling....i understand what he says in most songs but it just seems like he's just talkin unless he takes his time like on this
 5 years ago '12        #91
ddoucette214 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,263 | Props total: 139 139
 DSOM said:
and thats when you'll like him when he goes mainstream.. if and when he does, most likely he'll dumb down so u average listeners can consume what he's saying..

dummy music for dumb ppl, its a shame but its more dumb ppl in the world than there are intelligent ones so u have to appeal to the masses.

one of my favorite songs by him

Sorry homie but just cuz u listen to so called "intelligent" hip hop, does not make u intelligent.

U could be dumb as hell and still listen to it just vibing to the beats or something

OF COURSE the n*gga gonna have to dumb down eventually if he wants any real paper off of music thats just the way it goes, but im pretty sure kendrick lamar isn't boosting anybodys IQ anyway.

The n*gga wasn't sayin nothing i cant understand, his style and flow was not appealing to me plain and simple.
 5 years ago '11        #92
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
...Are people seriously bringing "intelligence" into the argument? This is probably the worst excuse I've heard for any artist. People act like you have to be geniuses to listen to certain subject matter. Music in general let alone hip hop is NOT that intellectually sophisticated. Granted humans are stupid creatures but to say someone who doesn't like an artist strictly because what they're saying is going over their heads is one of the most asinine statements I've ever heard.

All of this being said though, Kendrick is MAD overrated, I've been saying this from the jump. He isn't wack lyrically at all. Delivery wise this dude is inconsistent as hell. He goes from having a regular voice & nice flow to some of the bs like I heard on Michael Jordan among other tracks. If dude picked a style without the accent and a flow that actually rode the beat well he wouldn't be as bad. But of course since he's the messiah (the second one in 2 years right?) he gets a pass.

I dare somebody to call me a hater but don't act like everybody has to like dude...
 5 years ago '12        #93
ddoucette214 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,263 | Props total: 139 139
 Retro said:
...Are people seriously bringing "intelligence" into the argument? This is probably the worst excuse I've heard for any artist. People act like you have to be geniuses to listen to certain subject matter. Music in general let alone hip hop is NOT that intellectually sophisticated. Granted humans are stupid creatures but to say someone who doesn't like an artist strictly because what they're saying is going over their heads is one of the most asinine statements I've ever heard.

All of this being said though, Kendrick is MAD overrated, I've been saying this from the jump. He isn't wack lyrically at all. Delivery wise this dude is inconsistent as hell. He goes from having a regular voice & nice flow to some of the bs like I heard on Michael Jordan among other tracks. If dude picked a style without the accent and a flow that actually rode the beat well he wouldn't be as bad. But of course since he's the messiah (the second one in 2 years right?) he gets a pass.

I dare somebody to call me a hater but don't act like everybody has to like dude...

Thank you sir
 5 years ago '11        #94
5 Sigma 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,740 | Props total: 549 549
i fu*ks wit kdot dude is versatile imo..a1 verso on meeks was weak tho tbh. but he is clearly better than alot of dudes making noise right now. hes voice dont bother me but i understand what yall mean by it if u get passed that the kid is nice maybe cause it relate-able to me but to each its own!..and you can also hear some Bone thugs influence..
 5 years ago '12        #95
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,987 | Props total: 1256 1256
 Retro said:

n*gga what?

Uneducated hip hop fans are the worst. Kendrick Lamar has a terrible delivery now????

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I swear more than 80% of BX doesn't realize what flow, delivery, and charisma actually mean.
 5 years ago '11        #96
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 DoMieD said:

n*gga what?
Uneducated hip hop fans are the worst. Kendrick Lamar has a terrible delivery now????

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I swear more than 80% of BX doesn't realize what flow, delivery, and charisma actually mean.
I know it doesn't mean a trashy flow & an even worse accent...
 5 years ago '11        #97
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
 norcal925 said:
He's right though...
about what? If you dont like kendrick lamar you're uneducated? please explain?
 5 years ago '07        #98
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 Lupe Hunter said:
Troll thread....
 5 years ago '11        #99
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 greedy87 said:
about what? If you dont like kendrick lamar you're uneducated? please explain?
Most of the people besides a select few have said Kendrick is lyrical but he's rapping about nothing.

If you cant catch on to the meaning in his songs then that kinda says something about your intelligence.
 5 years ago '11        #100
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
 norcal925 said:
Most of the people besides a select few have said Kendrick is lyrical but he's rapping about nothing.

If you cant catch on to the meaning in his songs then that kinda says something about your intelligence.
It's their opinion though.. I can't speak for the rest, but I catch on to what he's saying. He's a cool rapper I just dont listen to em

Last edited by greedy87; 06-15-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy