kendrick lamar - why does he get a pass ?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
221 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
230 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
 ballergenetics said:
I think it's cause he's always trying new schemes. Had he has the same flow on every song, no one would be sayin' this sh*t.
Maybe, i just noticed that on OD his delivery was a weak point.
It seems like he's gotten alot better at it lately though...
 5 years ago '11        #62
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,968 | Props total: 9859 9859

In Hodgy Beats' voice......."Why the fu*k do n*ggas gotta hate for?"
 06-15-2012, 03:18 PM         #63
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
who said kendrick was boom bap rap
u get what im saying....stop playing dumb, and i already talked about him being a jazzy soul sample type of guy
 06-15-2012, 03:23 PM         #64
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes boring and wack
 06-15-2012, 03:33 PM         #65
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 White Face said:
And he ugly how has nobody mentioned it yet
good point
 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM         #66
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 berzerkerguts said:
the fu*k up son your not that older than me if @ all and your a junkie lying piece of sh*t thief and thats just sh*t you yourself said on boxden....You don't know any more about music than the rest of us do especially because its ALL personal preference....Anyways log off go to rehab and end this account like you have already promised.
get mad all u want but u dont know more about hiphop than me...thats a fact, i study the artform....im a real head
 5 years ago '04        #67
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
[quote=greedy87;23613065]
 DSOM said:
ok then who is he to dispute the reasons why I do like his music

what kind of dumbass question is that?

He only stated why he didnt like kdot, and you got on a whole rant about waka and gucci. what did they have to do with him not liking kendrick lamar? I
where did i mention Waka or Gucci ??

this n*gga here

just stop responding my dude... this is what I get for trying to be serious in this troll a.ss thread
 06-15-2012, 03:46 PM         #68
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameTheory said:
This is what happens when backpackers and rap "purists" keep thinking their opinion matters.

Ya'll put forth these gassed dudes who really ain't that compelling or captivating.

I can't bear to hear some of his sh*t sometimes.

Same dudes bragging about "he made a song about malcolm and martin xyz"...oh really? Thats good? Just because? It was wack. The concept was lame etc.

It just doesn't SOUND good.

I'm a consumer. I want to purchase things and invest in them. If I don't like it, its not MY fault. Tell him to appeal to me.

Ya'll can't get mad and want to hear "good music" but tout these dudes who claim to be more "lyrical" but who aren't really saying that much more.

J Cole, we're looking at you too...
my man im scared right now, because ur reading my mind
 06-15-2012, 03:46 PM         #69
chodestealer187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga is a.ss
 5 years ago '05        #70
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5486 5486
 Lupe Hunter said:
Troll thread....
Co-Sign

Corny thread
 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM         #71
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad many people agree with me

real hiphop heads getting tired of these garbo rappers getting a pass for because they look and sound the part
 5 years ago '11        #72
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
[quote=DSOM;23614162]
 greedy87 said:

where did i mention Waka or Gucci ??

this n*gga here

just stop responding my dude... this is what I get for trying to be serious in this troll a.ss thread
my bad on the gucci and waka, but the whole you dont like this,so you must like that sh*t is wack
 5 years ago '04        #73
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 GameTheory said:
This is what happens when backpackers and rap "purists" keep thinking their opinion matters.

Ya'll put forth these gassed dudes who really ain't that compelling or captivating.

Same dudes bragging about "he made a song about malcolm and martin xyz"...oh really? Thats good? Just because? It was wack. The concept was lame etc.

I'm a consumer. I want to purchase things and invest in them. If I don't like it, its not MY fault. Tell him to appeal to me.

Ya'll can't get mad and want to hear "good music" but tout these dudes who claim to be more "lyrical" but who aren't really saying that much more.

J Cole, we're looking at you too...

u see how u enlarged your statement to standout, even though your only repeating the same thing that has been said in this thread already.

thats basically a representation of the music you like and are defending

talking loud and saying nothing we havent heard before

bottomline is,
if youre not intellectually artistic enough to enjoy this man's music then thats your loss...
 5 years ago '04        #74
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6413 6413
the irony of people talking about purists but saying they are hip hop heads. they sound just like the "purists"
 06-15-2012, 03:56 PM         #75
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill admit that elzih or what ever the fu*k his name is...got real talent....i didnt like him remaking illmatic but he did a good job tho
 5 years ago '04        #76
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
btw i listen to artist who are the complete opposite of Kendrick too

I dont knock them, I get it. I just refuse to put myself in one lane and only think that one form
of rap is all we should have and if u "aint bout that life" then your sh*t aint poppin...

I dig those "jazzy soul beats" just like I dig a drummaboy, zaytoven or justice league banger.

its a time and a place for everything. u n*ggas sound one dimensional.
 5 years ago '08        #77
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Since this is a Kendrick Lamar thread, instead of arguing back and forth with DrX over an opinion that he has a right as a hiphop fan to have, just post some of Kendrick's dopest tracks and try to make him a believer.
 5 years ago '11        #78
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,928 | Props total: 908 908
old heads mad the new gen got someone better then there old mcs.

i dont think anyone can call him the next great thing or ever say he sucks a.ss until his new joint comes out tbh.

hes refreshing to me. hes not talking about shooting ppl in every other line/song. beats are so-so flow/lyrics are only getting better. his concepts are hit or miss but i like them most of the time. because who else is trying to push the line? no one... everyone stays in the same lane these days.

lmao @ old heads sounding like they enjoy mainstream hip hop thats gross breh breh

Last edited by Donthate707; 06-15-2012 at 04:07 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #79
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 GameTheory said:

Ya'll can't get mad and want to hear "good music" but tout these dudes who claim to be more "lyrical" but who aren't really saying that much more.J Cole, we're looking at you too...
I can't believe people are actually in here sayin Kendrick is wack at rapping, if u choose not to like his music , cool, but to say he can't rap, is total bullsh*t, and saying he's not rapping about sh*t is bullsh*t aswell, I'm not a huge J.Cole fan, but the difference between a Gucci Mane and them is they get more personal with their rhymes, they speak on sh*t other than selling drugs,fu*kin hoes, poppin pills, k!llin n*ggas, what kind of car they drive, ect., although they rap about some of that sh*t too .

And it's also not impossible to like listening to all different types of rap, just cuz u like Gucci, doesn't mean u can't listen to Kendrick, we as fans put these guys in categories, not them, Talib and Gucci have a song together, aswell as Gunplay and Kendrick, n*ggas need to stop trying to box artist in and just listen to what sounds good to u.
 5 years ago '11        #80
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
Why are people still posting in this thread?
T/S is the same person that said Ross should be top 15
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
35 comments
2 days ago