Jun 15 - Woman shot dead by cop on crowded Brooklyn street trying to flee NYPD in car

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
41 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
38 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
7103 pageviews
104 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Jun 15 - Woman shot dead by cop on crowded Brooklyn street trying to flee NYPD in car

[pic - click to view]

A Brooklyn detective shot and k!lled an unarmed woman in a stolen car after she blew through three red lights, hit a minivan and tried to escape by driving in reverse, police said.

The incident unfolded about 5:40 p.m. in East Flatbush when two plainclothes narcotics cops spotted Shantel Davis, 23, at the wheel of a gray Toyota Camry she allegedly carjacked at gunpoint on June 5.

Davis — who had eight arrests on her rap sheet, sources said — ran a series of red lights along Church Ave. and crossed a double yellow line to pass cars at E. 38th St., where she smacked into the minivan, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

As the two cops approached the Camry, they saw Davis slide over to the passenger side, where the seat had been stripped out, and try to open the door.

One officer, who has been on the force six years, got hit by the door and was thrown backward, Browne said. Davis then got back in the driver’s seat, put the car in reverse and hit the gas, police said.

Simultaneously, another cop, identifed by sources as Detective Phillip Atkins, 44, was entering the driver’s side of the Camry, with his gun in hand.

“He’s attempting with the other hand to shift the gear into park,” Browne said.

“When she’s hitting the gas, a single round was discharged from his firearm, striking the woman in the chest.”

Browne said it was too soon to say whether the detective, who has 12 years on the force, meant to pull the trigger or if it was an accident.

Witnesses described a scene of chaos before the shooting.

Dave McKenzie said he heard the cops yelling: “Get out! Get out!”

“They try to pull her out of the car, and she f!ghts them,” McKenzie said, recalling the woman screaming, “Let me go! Let me go!”

“ ‘I don't want to be k!lled! Don’t k!ll me!’ ” the woman yelled, McKenzie added.

Lorraine Preddie, 61, said that after she heard the crash, she saw the detective in a blue NYPD T-shirt with a shield around his neck.

“The next thing I saw was the police officer took his gun out and fired a shot,” she said.

Witnesses said it was instantly clear the woman was gravely wounded.“She was bleeding, and then she just dropped. She fell on the floor facedown. She was shaking and the blood was just going out of her,” said one woman who works at a nearby laundermat.

“She was in the street,” Preddie said. “They started giving her chest compressions and took her in the ambulance.”

Davis died at Kings County Hospital. Councilman Jumaane Williams broke the news to her family.

Police said the owner of the Camry confirmed that Davis swiped the vehicle.

Davis, who was identified by family members, was due in court Friday on a kidnapping and attempted murder case stemming from a May 2011 attack.

“This is like a bad dream,” said cousin Stephanie Gilmer, 40, who called Davis a “sweetie pie.”

“She was only 23. She had her whole life in front of her.”

Despite Davis’ criminal record, a.ssemblyman Nick Perry said he was concerned about the circumstances of her death “because the investigation I have seems to suggest this woman was not a threat.”

Mike Palladino, head of NYPD detectives union, backed Atkins, who had never fired his gun in the line of duty.

“Based on the facts and the circumstances, I’m confident that our detective’s actions were appropriate and justified,” Palladino said.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Woman shot dead by Brooklyn detective after trying to flee chaotic accident scene by throwing car into reverse - NY Daily News

UPDATE:
The woman shot dead by a Brooklyn detective was arrested three times last year for charges that include attempted murder, a.ssault and criminal possession of a weapon.

Shantel Davis, 23, was gunned down Thursday night in a stolen car after she blew through three red lights, hit a minivan and tried to escape by driving in reverse.

Now sources reveal Davis was first collared in February last year for driving on a suspended license after she was pulled over for driving through a red light.

She was pulled over a month later for running a red light and was caught tossing marijuana from her car, sources said. Cops also found a gravity knife in the vehicle and charged her with criminal possession of a weapon.

On May 5, 2011, she was arrested with two others in Brooklyn for allegedly kidnapping a 29-year-old man, who was shot three times during the wild ordeal. Davis was booked on charges that include kidnapping, attempted murder, a.ssault and burglary. She was released on $25,000 bail in December last year and was due back in court on Friday, the day after she was k!lled.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.nydailynews.co .. #ixzz1xsupCmqO

UPDATE 2:
Davis was due in court Friday on charges stemming from an attack on April 23, 2011 — when she and a band of brutes allegedly held a man hostage as they robbed his Clarendon Road apartment, court papers show.

The heist netted cash, video games and jewelry, the documents show. But the thieves threatened to take 29-year-old Ralph Ragoobar to East New York and torture him for more loot. He managed to break free and started running down the street, court papers show.

That’s when Davis’ crew opened fire, striking the fleeing man three times in the back and once in the leg. He survived the wounds.

“I was shot five times,” Ragoobar told the Daily News. “I just want to move on with my life.”
Davis and two others were later booked on charges that included kidnapping, attempted murder and weapons possession.

Davis was out on $25,000 bail when two narcotics cops saw her blow a red light at E. 48th St. and start speeding westbound down Church Ave. about 5:35 p.m. Thursday, cops said.

The two plainclothes officers — who sources identified as Detective Phillip Atkins, 44, and Police Officer Daniel Guida, 27 — began to follow Davis in their unmarked car as she sped through a series of red lights before she crashed, cops said.

Davis was driving a 1998 Toyota Camry that she allegedly stole the week before. Armed with a pistol — and just a block away from her E. 52nd St. home — Davis approached the car’s owner, Vilma Craig, 57, and told her to hand over the keys, sources said.

“She had the gun pointed at me,” Craig told the Daily News Friday. “She took my car, my pocketbook and everything in the car.”

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.nydailynews.co .. #ixzz1xvROuuoC

Last edited by jlandryst; 06-15-2012 at 11:05 PM..

104 comments for "Jun 15 - Woman shot dead by cop on crowded Brooklyn street trying to flee NYPD in car"

5 years ago '11        #2
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
i hate all these cop shootings in the news section but she brought this one on herself. unarmed or not, a moving vehicle becomes a weapon. especaially if she already ran 3 lights and hit a car.
 5 years ago '06        #3
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
I agree. She did bring this on herself. Just crazy BC my cuz lives right I'm this area
 5 years ago '11        #4
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
Davis, who was identified by family members, was due in court Friday on a kidnapping and attempted murder case stemming from a May 2011 attack.
 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM         #5
Chiquita 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cant say I feel bad.........
 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM         #6
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So she had to die for running some red lights?
 5 years ago '05        #7
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,229 | Props total: 8794 8794
 Dos-effect said:
You know she was resisting arrest....and the car was stolen....right?
 5 years ago '04        #8
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545 OP
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
 Dos-effect said:

The incident unfolded about 5:40 p.m. in East Flatbush when two plainclothes narcotics cops spotted Shantel Davis, 23, at the wheel of a gray Toyota Camry she allegedly carjacked at gunpoint on June 5.

nah she not dangerous
 5 years ago '05        #9
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 MemphBleek05 said:
You know she was resisting arrest....and the car was stolen....right?
Probably not... Dos effect sees a thread with a cop k!lling someone and automatically blames the cops no matter what happens..

No only did she run 3 lights... Have a stolen car... Crash the car... Try to get out to run... Then try to back the car up to keep going... And struggle with an officer... But also had 8 priors and was waiting to go to court....

She's a waste of money to the tax payers... Its a good thigh she's gone.
 5 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 jlandryst;23609641[B said:
“This is like a bad dream,” said cousin Stephanie Gilmer, 40, who called Davis a “sweetie pie.”

“She was only 23. She had her whole life in front of her.”[/B]
I absolutely hate statements like this. It's like, once someone dies, they become the best person that's ever lived (according to others).
 06-15-2012, 11:54 AM         #11
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
Probably not... Dos effect sees a thread with a cop k!lling someone and automatically blames the cops no matter what happens..

No only did she run 3 lights... Have a stolen car... Crash the car... Try to get out to run... Then try to back the car up to keep going... And struggle with an officer... But also had 8 priors and was waiting to go to court....

She's a waste of money to the tax payers... Its a good thigh she's gone.
No only did she run 3 lights... Have a stolen car... Crash the car... Try to get out to run... Then try to back the car up to keep going... And struggle with an officer... But also had 8 priors and was waiting to go to court...............so the cop can k!ll her?

Your on a slippery slope my friend, your endorsing the cop to be her judge and persecutor...he was not in danger and she was surrounded. When you give someone the freedom to k!ll then your putting a target on yourself as well, or at least you should be.........
 5 years ago '05        #12
space
space
Dog...homey...bruh....you're misplacing blame.........the chick was basically asking for a situation like that to pop off......
 06-15-2012, 11:56 AM         #13
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
I absolutely hate statements like this. It's like, once someone dies, they become the best person that's ever lived (according to others).
On the other side someone dies with a bad history and they are made to be the worst person to ever exist. No one knows.......but I would expect the people who knew her to be somewhat honest seeing as they knew her. I think its easier to make the woman a demon in order to not give a fu*k about her life..........
 5 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
On the other side someone dies with a bad history and they are made to be the worst person to ever exist. No one knows.......but I would expect the people who knew her to be somewhat honest seeing as they knew her. I think its easier to make the woman a demon in order to not give a fu*k about her life..........
So, are we suppose to ignore the 8 priors, the pending murder case and this entire situation that led to her death? It's cool to hype this type of person as some type of philanthropist?
 06-15-2012, 12:02 PM         #15
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
So, are we suppose to ignore the 8 priors, the pending murder case and this entire situation that led to her death? It's cool to hype this type of person as some type of philanthropist?
But why is that your business, Im not saying the woman is not a bad person....Im just saying just because she was a fu*k does not mean she deserved to die. Especially at the hands of a cop who obviously was not at risk of injury. WHen you endorse this type of behavior you endorse any cop in this country being the judge of who should or should not die.........this aint the Middle East .....if you k!ll a cop no matter how crooked that fu*ker is more then likely you getting put under the jail.......but if a cop k!lls you no matter how crooked you are they are likely to walk scot free......this woman should be treated like a person and the cop should be charged with murder........if he beats the case then so be it....

Last edited by Dos-effect; 06-15-2012 at 12:06 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 Dos-effect said:
No only did she run 3 lights... Have a stolen car... Crash the car... Try to get out to run... Then try to back the car up to keep going... And struggle with an officer... But also had 8 priors and was waiting to go to court...............so the cop can k!ll her?

Your on a slippery slope my friend, your endorsing the cop to be her judge and persecutor...he was not in danger and she was surrounded. When you give someone the freedom to k!ll then your putting a target on yourself as well, or at least you should be.........
The cop wasn't in danger? She was backing the car up while he was trying to stop her.... Therefore the car turns into a dangerous weapon... She is also putting other lives at risk by driving like she was... And also had used weapons in the past for her crimes...

Its not the freedom to k!ll either... The cop is protecting himself, other officers, and other citizens...

Sorry... But a bullet to the chest is cheaper and quicker in the log run. No sympathy
 5 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
But why is that your business, Im not saying the woman is not a bad person....Im just saying just because she was a fu*k does not mean she deserved to die. Especially at the hands of a cop who obviously was not at risk of injury. WHen you endorse this type of behavior you endorse any cop in this country being the judge of who should or should not die.........
I'm saying it's particularly annoying to hear the same speech over and over about a victim's personality. The statement you're refering to, is a personal gripe of mine.

As far as the actual story, you're still not acknowledging her wrong-doing in this. Me saying, "Oh well", isn't the same as, "Yeah, the cops should have shot her. If it was me, I would have emptied the clip, then pissed on her, just for good measure". No, I'm saying the chick shouldn't have been so damn stupid. In life, there are consequences to each action. If she had not have put herself in this situation, her life never ends. Even after the running of the lights, the crash, etc....all she had to do was stop resisting........in this situation, her death came at her own hands. Get off that "anti" for the sake of being "anti" crap....
 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM         #18
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
The cop wasn't in danger? She was backing the car up while he was trying to stop her.... Therefore the car turns into a dangerous weapon... She is also putting other lives at risk by driving like she was... And also had used weapons in the past for her crimes...

Its not the freedom to k!ll either... The cop is protecting himself, other officers, and other citizens...

Sorry... But a bullet to the chest is cheaper and quicker in the log run. No sympathy
I get the other citizen aspect of it, but sorry when a shot to the chest is your justification to end any situation and thats cool with you then you have to evaluate what is truly wrong with our society. I dont know the woman she could have been an as*hole...........but her life was still important and that sh*t matters. If you aint walking on water living perfect you cant judge her cause you didnt know her
 06-15-2012, 12:16 PM         #19
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MemphBleek05 said:
I'm saying it's particularly annoying to hear the same speech over and over about a victim's personality. The statement you're refering to, is a personal gripe of mine.

As far as the actual story, you're still not acknowledging her wrong-doing in this. Me saying, "Oh well", isn't the same as, "Yeah, the cops should have shot her. If it was me, I would have emptied the clip, then pissed on her, just for good measure". No, I'm saying the chick shouldn't have been so damn stupid. In life, there are consequences to each action. If she had not have put herself in this situation, her life never ends. Even after the running of the lights, the crash, etc....all she had to do was stop resisting........in this situation, her death came at her own hands. Get off that "anti" for the sake of being "anti" crap....
It aint about being anti, thats somebodies family, mother, sister, or aunt she is a fu*king person, she dead there is nothing anybody can do about that. But this whole not a singe fu*k was giving attitude is bullsh*t. You look at a article and automatically a.ssume you know this woman and can decide if she deserved to die, who are you to make this decision? Its the ignorance that people have in regards to people who are not living by these "standards" in society that they deserve less then someone who is following the law. This whole I'm better then them garbage. She put herself in the situation but damn that mean you have to be a d!ck about it. Give the woman at least enough respect to acknowledge her a person with a life that may not have been the best and a death that was a sh*tty a.ss way to go out.
 5 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
It aint about being anti, thats somebodies family, mother, sister, or aunt she is a fu*king person, she dead there is nothing anybody can do about that. But this whole not a singe fu*k was giving attitude is bullsh*t. You look at a article and automatically a.ssume you know this woman and can decide if she deserved to die, who are you to make this decision? Its the ignorance that people have in regards to people who are not living by these "standards" in society that they deserve less then someone who is following the law. This whole I'm better then them garbage. She put herself in the situation but damn that mean you have to be a d!ck about it. Give the woman at least enough respect to acknowledge her a person with a life that may not have been the best and a death that was a sh*tty a.ss way to go out.
I actually think it's more ignorant to ignore the fact given to you. I'm being very blunt in my deliver, simply because she put herself in her own grave. Save the, "that's someone friend, sister, aunt" speech. Matter of fact, apply that same logic to the police that was hit by the door. Then apply that logic to the police who were in danger of being run over. After that, apply that logic to the person, she carjacked, at gunpoint, on June 5th. Then, think about any other casualities that happened, during this car chase, because the idiot ran 3 redlights, someone else probably got hurt. In short, she isn't exactly the victim here. Why should I respect or acknowledge a person, who obviously only cared about self? With all due respect to you, since I have nothing against you.....chill with all that bull you're typing....
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago