How to get into the "office type" job field

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
37 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM         #41
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:
I been in my current job for 1.5 years should I be looking to go to a different company or move up?
that really depends on your company structure and how politics are set into place there..if you are still at the same point from day one with no advancement and you cant find ways to advance in the future, then its time to look elsewhere.. another year and a half with no progress and you are just spinning your wheels..

for an example like a small company with no growth potential to become midsize or large company..if they arent focused on becoming more profitable, meaning growing larger and hire more employees, then its a waste of time..other examples include:

1. sales rep that cant become a sales manager
2. front desk receptionist who cant become a hr administrator, recruiter, accounts payable
3. financial advisor/manager who cant become a finance director or broker.
 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM         #42
m3rcy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looking for some advice...

im trying to get a "professional" job that doesnt require customer service. im not a people's person unfortunately. can someone recommend me some jobs(besides administrative a.ssistant)?

i think my ideal job right would be data entry. typing and entering data. im good with computers, i type fast, and im somewhat knowledagble with Microsoft Excel. i know im capable of learning quickly if i get the opportunity.

i have a good resume/cover letter that i bought and can present myself well physically.

i dont have any degree, currently working towards one. im studying accounting so anything accounting related is a plus but not necessary.

if this doesnt work out, ill have to get a warehouse job most likely which i really dont mind but id rather get a job that will give me good experience and advancement opportunities.

Last edited by m3rcy; 08-01-2012 at 08:58 PM..
 08-02-2012, 02:07 PM         #43
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you need to have customer service and be good with people in any job whether its dealing with clients or co workers and managers, especially if you plan on being an accountant. you wont make it anywhere if you arent willing to change yourself, which is free to do, in order to connect and relate to people to get things accomplished. how do you expect someone to hire you if you arent a people person in an office environment?? defeats the purpose...you might as well be self employed and work by yourself, but even then, you still need to deal with people since they bring you business to make you profitable...
 5 years ago '10        #44
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 21 21
as one dude said. get you some nice clothes(tie included) and go around and apply in person so the hiring agent can put a face with the application.(how i got my job). You may not get your dream job of the go but you have to start somewhere. Make the most out of each position because you never know who you will meet and what connections they may have. Although you do have to have some knowledge, the saying is true," its not about what you know but WHO you know". Hooking up with the right ppl will work wonders for you. You impress someone not only with you personality but also your work ethic and results and your background or lack there of can dissappear. Its all about how you put yourself out there, who you meet and how far you are willing to go to make things happen.

this whole,"there aint no jobs out there" bullsh*t is a cop-out. There are jobs but you have to go look for them. Ive never seen a hiring manager out of the blue knock on someones door and say,"we have been looking for someone like you to run our company", sh*t doesnt happen. Get off your a.ss and go apply to as many places as you can until you fall into the right spot.
 5 years ago '04        #45
Q80 
space
space
space
$479 | Props total: 2 2
Lost a $120k contract. Feeling kinda wack. Back to grind mode now
 5 years ago '11        #46
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37
space
space
$5,138 | Props total: 155 155
im 25.... switching gears schoolwise, studying Computer Science Im liking it so far. I just quit the retail job grind. Im so tired of that bullsh*t. Empty promises, Working for ppl i should be managing, fu*k that.

im making the switch to the office setting. gonna start with temps and go from there. Im hoping i can land something DE/clerical and move upwards and onwards while continuing my schooling. Eventually i wanna work from home similar to how Q80 does. My dad also has a CM company that i could fall back on if all else fails.

With a resume full of retail bullsh*t jobs what can i do to spruse my sh*t up?

I know i need Excel proficiency, i can learn that in a day with youtube. Ideas?
 5 years ago '04        #47
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1458 1458
 Q80 said:
Lost a $120k contract. Feeling kinda wack. Back to grind mode now
Damn stay up my dude... read a few threads re motivate yourself and keep it pushing...
 5 years ago '04        #48
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1458 1458
 bd2eazy said:
im 25.... switching gears schoolwise, studying Computer Science Im liking it so far. I just quit the retail job grind. Im so tired of that bullsh*t. Empty promises, Working for ppl i should be managing, fu*k that.

im making the switch to the office setting. gonna start with temps and go from there. Im hoping i can land something DE/clerical and move upwards and onwards while continuing my schooling. Eventually i wanna work from home similar to how Q80 does. My dad also has a CM company that i could fall back on if all else fails.

With a resume full of retail bullsh*t jobs what can i do to spruse my sh*t up?

I know i need Excel proficiency, i can learn that in a day with youtube. Ideas?
Microsoft word is a big plus for most office jobs. You could always do research go on like indeed and search nearby office jobs, and see what are some common skills. I would really work on your interview personable skills that is the way you nail interviews.
 5 years ago '04        #49
Q80 
space
space
space
$479 | Props total: 2 2
Back in action. $250k (2 contracts and 1 freelance). Buying a crib and flipping forex & bitcoin. No time for brokeness and struggle.. Get this money..
 5 years ago '10        #50
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 21 21
 Q80 said:
Back in action. $250k (2 contracts and 1 freelance). Buying a crib and flipping forex & bitcoin. No time for brokeness and struggle.. Get this money..
you cant be speaking numbers like that and not let us in on what you got going on
 5 years ago '04        #51
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Mullany S said:
i cant even get a minimum wage job. been applying everywhere but no luck at all.
That's fu*ked up...you know its bad out here when you can't even get a minimum wage job...Just keep applying, something will come up.
 5 years ago '06        #52
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Where do you live?

Theres a place called Red ventures where I live. Sales job that you can earn $10 per hour.
 5 years ago '07        #53
Monroe200 
space
space
space
$695 | Props total: 306 306
Temp Agency is your best bet I got put on through them.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy