1992 U.S Team vs 2012 U.S Team?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's better...
1992 Dream Team 141 87.58%
2012 Dream Team 20 12.42%
Voters: 161. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #101
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 abstractq said:
magic was still pretty good. the illness is what took him out

but larry bird was hurt as fu*k, playin in like half the games
true, but I'm sure they both could give you a good 5 mins of what they were in their primes, that's all you really needed on that team
 06-14-2012, 06:57 PM         #102
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Durant would light Barkley's a.ss up.

Lebron, if he could go to the basket, can't be stopped by Bird or that defense in general.

Kobe vs Jordan would be great.

Damn I need to put this in 2k12.
 06-14-2012, 06:58 PM         #103
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trackmanxs said:
if they played with the refs in 92. half of them would be back underneath the basket looking for calls while the dream team would be in transition scoring.
lol. that may be true.
 5 years ago '09        #104
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
The 92' Team Easily.....No Contest!!
 5 years ago '06        #105
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14772 14772
 TRILL SH1T said:
People are gonna be up in arms but the 2012 US team would win; I'm not even gonna mention Lebron; Chris Paul and Derron Williams will be absolute nightmares for that old Magic; sh*t even young Magic... And Russell Westbrook, he might have Magic thinking he's a android; Durant and Lebron will cause all kinds of match up problems; Barkley or Bird sticking either is laughable IMO

These player today are just much more physically gifted; humans are naturally getting faster and stronger over time...
Obviously too young to have seen MJ in his prime on defense... lol at Lebron being a "match up problem"... Jordan would have ate his lunch all gotdamn day. That 1992 team woulda ran them out the gym.
 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM         #106
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '12        #107
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 abstractq said:
is lebron not capable of defending barkley?

honestly. . .
You haven't seen Chuck play, have you. The dude on TNT isn't the same dude that was ballin on the court. Dude was a MONSTER. He would LeBron

Skip to the 1 minute mark, watch, and realize that Bron would get sh*tted on

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #108
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
n*ggas saying 2012 need to get their heads checked.

A) Bird wasn't that important to the 92 team. Scottie was at the 3 more than Bird was. Scottie would shut Lebron down.

B) Somebody said 2012 has a huge edge at PG.... Magic and Stockton.... somebody actually thinks Chris Paul and DWill have a HUGE edge at PG? I don't think they have an edge at all, but I'd be willing to hear an argument... but a HUGE edge? FOH

C) Jordan.

End of discussion.

EDIT- Also, Ewing, Robinson, Malone and Barkley would fu*k today's players up. Bigs today are pussies... how is Durant guarding ANY of those dudes? And Dwight Howard simply isn't skilled enough to fu*k with those guys. He'd do alright... but down low, 92 still demolishes 2012.

You gotta be crazy to think 2012 is fu*king with 1992.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 06-14-2012 at 07:13 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #109
space
space
From all these posts, one thing is evident to me besides the fact that these young'ns haven't really watched these HOFs ball. They don't realize how physical the game was back then, when refs let dudes play. All this "LeBron is a matchup problem, Kobe would sh*t on MJ, KD would light them up, Chris Paul would be a nightmare" rhetoric is nonsense.

The main difference is that the DT would've done whatever it takes to win, and their physicality would've had some of these kids sh*tting in their pants. David Robinson and Chuck are bodying anybody that comes through the paint. John Stockton and Magic would put the 2012 PGs in their place. Scottie is locking down ANYONE on that team. The dude he's guarding gets no more than 20. TOPS. Clyde, Larry, Chuck, Malone and Ewing alone have the offensive firepower to drop a combined 80. Oh yeah, there's that dude named Jordan who's pretty good too.

Too much talent, too much heart, too much strength, too physical, too beastly. I can't think of a single category that the 2012 team has over 92. No young'n, not even athleticism. These kids acting like MJ, Chuck, DRob, Scottie & Clyde weren't ridiculously athletic.

I can see why the young cats would say it's their generation's players, but there is no chance. And this is coming from a 24 yr old. Watch some old school games fellas. IT'LL CHANGE YO LIFE
 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM         #110
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
n*ggas saying 2012 need to get their heads checked.

A) Bird wasn't that important to the 92 team. Scottie was at the 3 more than Bird was. Scottie would shut Lebron down.

B) Somebody said 2012 has a huge edge at PG.... Magic and Stockton.... somebody actually thinks Chris Paul and DWill have a HUGE edge at PG? I don't think they have an edge at all, but I'd be willing to hear an argument... but a HUGE edge? FOH

C) Jordan.

End of discussion.

EDIT- Also, Ewing, Robinson, Malone and Barkley would fu*k today's players up. Bigs today are pussies... how is Durant guarding ANY of those dudes? And Dwight Howard simply isn't skilled enough to fu*k with those guys. He'd do alright... but down low, 92 still demolishes 2012.

You gotta be crazy to think 2012 is fu*king with 1992.
Like Barkley always said "he got a head too". I'd like my matchup with LeBron guarding Malone or Barkley. Howard is one of the best defenders ever(he has the hardware to back it up) He wouldn't make post plays, but that wouldn't be needed. Kobe and Jordan is the closes thing to even you'll get in any of these matchups. They both do the same sh*t, either one could have a better night. I'd be comfortable with my matchup in KD vs Bird or Pippen as well. Magic is the greatest point guard but he would have trouble running behind CP3, and I give the advantage to CP3 over Stocken. And Wade's better than everyone on the Dream Team bench.

The problem comes for the young boys is when they have to put in players like Bosh, Williams, Melo, and westbrook. not that they are scrubs but they aren't on that elite level.
 06-14-2012, 07:31 PM         #111
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TrueBlueStar21 said:
^^ gotta be a 90s baby
you sayin magic and bird played great defense??
 5 years ago '04        #112
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
BIRD WAS NOT ON THE COURT.

Scottie was on the court, and, yes, Scottie played great defense.
 5 years ago '12        #113
space
space
 SOCIALITE said:
Like Barkley always said "he got a head too". I'd like my matchup with LeBron guarding Malone or Barkley. Howard is one of the best defenders ever(he has the hardware to back it up) He wouldn't make post plays, but that wouldn't be needed. Kobe and Jordan is the closes thing to even you'll get in any of these matchups. They both do the same sh*t, either one could have a better night. I'd be comfortable with my matchup in KD vs Bird or Pippen as well. Magic is the greatest point guard but he would have trouble running behind CP3, and I give the advantage to CP3 over Stocken. And Wade's better than everyone on the Dream Team bench.

The problem comes for the young boys is when they have to put in players like Bosh, Williams, Melo, and westbrook. not that they are scrubs but they aren't on that elite level.
You can apply this to everyone on the 2012 team except Kobe, LBJ, and CP3. I might give you KD too, even though he's really young. But everyone else ain't about that life.

Barkley would sh*t on LeBron. Sorry. That dude played hard as fvck. Harder than anyone in today's game really.

Howard is like a less talented and versatile version of David Robinson. And he couldn't stop Ewing if he tried. 92 MJ would make 2012 Kobe look like an old man. You're comfortable with KD being guarded by Pippen?? Gonna be a frustrating night for KD. And Magic>>>CP3. Stockton isn't a slouch either fam. Dude was a beast too.
 5 years ago '06        #114
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
dream team= 95

2012 team= 84
 5 years ago '11        #115
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,309 | Props total: 4583 4583
It's a different era the players nowadays are built like football players, back then it was about actual talent and skill now.
Example barkley- undersized center, future HOF
Karl Malone and Larry weren't atheletes

So I got to go wit 92
 5 years ago '04        #116
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 VinceTran said:
Man this is what's wrong with this board. All kids.

Jordan alone would be the reason why the 92 team over the 2012 team. Kobe is done. Jordan was in his prime in 92. Some of you kids don't realize how great the 92 team was, not even a comparison.

Jordan would r*pe.
So you're not a kid, great..

Except it doesn't preclude you from being an idiot.

@ anyone thinking Jordan would be the only reason the 1992 team would win.

k!ll yourself.
 5 years ago '04        #117
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
Jordan alone >

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 5 years ago '04        #118
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
There's only one dream team....

n*ggas calling this 2012 squad the dream team fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '04        #119
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
 INF4MOUS said:
08 might have a shot at winning if u put Wades Bumass on the bench and melo at the 3 to abuse bird

Howard
Durant
Melo
Kobe
Bron

Durrant wasn't on that team
 5 years ago '10        #120
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,682 | Props total: 201 201
this question is flat out disprespect to the dream team. 2012 couldn't hold their jocks.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy