Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #41
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
funny how even the article wont explain how you end up with a value of 5 cents for the ball.

if the ball is 5 cents, and the first statement is that the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball, how is the total money spent 1.10$?

my man up there has an equation that looks correct. but i see youve squared X. why? nobody said there were 2 balls. it states you bought a ball and a bat which cost 1 dollar and 10 cents. the bat is 1 dollar more than the ball. if the ball is 5 cents then why didnt you spend 1 dollar and 5 cents?

i feel like a retard.

I see ... dumb people are just stupid in a far more complex way
The very first initial thought is 1,10 - 1 ..
which pretty much everybody will light up in their brain if asked for an immediate answer.

But after a second or so I quickly realized.. the dollar is on top of half of what remains.
1,10$ - 1$ = 10c
10c / 2 = 5c
1,05 and 5c ...

but I see what the article is getting at.. I think often times it's the fact that intelligent people think things through in much more detail and very thoroughly.. when they face less complex problems they can't find the forest because of all those trees in the way.
 6 years ago '06        #42
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
So does anyone have the final calculation as to why it's 0.05?
 6 years ago '10        #43
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 11376 11376
 PG-13 said:
So does anyone have the final calculation as to why it's 0.05?
simple the ball cost .5 cents and the bat cost $1 more than the price of the ball

so the ball can't be 10 cents because if the bat cost $1 then it would only be 90 cents more than the ball.

Last edited by HolyFatherSteve; 06-14-2012 at 08:14 PM..
 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM         #44
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"A bat and ball cost a dollar and ten cents. The bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?"

dumbest article

dumbest question

so im suppose to a.ssume that the bat and ball come together as a package?

why wouldn't u say that?

in normal math problems, u say that they come together

the more one has to a.ssume in math, the less likely he is to get the answer right

the bat costs a dollar more than the ball?

what and from this im suppose to get that the ball is 5 cents and the bat is 1.05?

Trolling said:
x+(1+x)=1.10

2x +1=1.10
2x=.10
x=.05
the equation makes sense, but putting it into an equation is a dumb idea in itself because the way the wording of the question is doesnt imply that you need to put it in equation format

its simple plain english

this is why I've always said that the SATs are fu*king dumb as fu*k becuz they word sh*t without enough evidence and usually u have to take your best guess

you can't a.ssume that everything has a formula just from the way its worded. its dumb becuz theres too many possibilities

thats like doing a magic show in front of the same harvard and princeton students and asking them how they did it...most people won't know either

it is not a portrayal of intelligence of you're falsifying reality
 06-14-2012, 08:00 PM         #45
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I read You Are Not So Smart, by David McRaney. Everyone suffers from cognitive bias(among other things that fu*k with common sense, and judgement in general. I suggest the book(or audio version) to anyone interested in knowing why people act and thing the way they do.
 06-14-2012, 08:01 PM         #46
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MajorD said:
simple the ball cost .5 cent and the bat cost $1 more than the price of the ball

so the ball can't be 10 cent because if the bat cost $1 then it would only be 90 cents more that the ball.
so why can't the ball be 9 cents 8 cents 7 cents 6 cents 5 cents 4 cents 3 cents 2 cents 1 cents 0 cents

?????
 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM         #47
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cbjones said:
I read You Are Not So Smart, by David McRaney. Everyone suffers from cognitive bias(among other things that fu*k with common sense, and judgement in general. I suggest the book(or audio version) to anyone interested in knowing why people act and thing the way they do.
its simple

because instinctive functioning takes over logics when certain stimulus take over your attention

your body is designed to react, not think

which is why u have to constantly tell people think before you act

its how 2 n*ggas can end up dead because 1 stepped on the other's shoe

emotions

this question isn't a form of cognitive bias, its a trick question. trick questions are made for skeptics and over thinkers...its not a measure of intelligence
 06-14-2012, 08:08 PM         #48
UdownwitK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MajorD said:
simple the ball cost .5 cent and the bat cost $1 more than the price of the ball

so the ball can't be 10 cent because if the bat cost $1 then it would only be 90 cents more that the ball.
this dude is right. think about it.

A bat and ball cost a dollar and ten cents. The bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

if the ball was 10 cent and the bat cost $1 MORE, then the bat cost $1.10. then add the ball and the total is $1.20, which is not right...

the ball has to be "5 cents". the bat costs $1 MORE. 5cents plus $1 is $1.05 for the bat alone. then add the 5cents for the ball and you get $1.10...

does that makes a lil more sense??

BUT I GOT IT WRONG TOO!!!
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #49
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
 LowaEastSide5 said:
SMH

Because if the ball is 5 cents. and bat costs 1 dollar more. the bat costs 1.05. Bat plus ball is 1.05 + .5 which equals 1.10
thank you sir.... these n*ggas had me like
 6 years ago '04        #50
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
Cuz smart people are confident they already know the answer, they a.ssume their right and dont take the time to evaluate what they are actually doing.
 6 years ago '05        #51
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
fu*k your word trickery/sorcery, that sh*t aint math its a fools trap
 06-14-2012, 08:24 PM         #52
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Minister said:
so why can't the ball be 9 cents 8 cents 7 cents 6 cents 5 cents 4 cents 3 cents 2 cents 1 cents 0 cents

?????
no one can answer this?
 6 years ago '05        #53
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,150 | Props total: 19858 19858
WhoNextWithPlex you are now inducted into the #bx hall of lost

other members include the likes of WillieMayHayes
hes has the most trolling avy of all time
he is also a die hard fan of the nba teams clippers,spurs,heat,thunder

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

White Face a.k.a Sandy
with this quote
 White Face said:
Drake can't go to American jail, hes not a legal american citizen.

the worst they could do is deport him. Hes still a recognized citizen of canada.
Brooklyn just the name Brooklyn and use the bx search and you will see why
AND MANY MORE!!!

There are also celebrities

Jimmy Henchman
the snitch that tried to snitch and ended up snitchin on his self

J Cole
For signing to Roc Nation and being nominated for a grammy but never being in a picture with with Jay Z even though Jay z is in a picture with memphis bleek and freeway to name a few

Canibus
For pulling out a notebook in the middle of a freestyle battle
AND MANY MORE!!!!!!

You will else receive an email with the link to a stream of the live presentation of the lifetime nonachievement award to Nasir Jones b.k.a #NASLOST

Take a bow!!
WhoNextWithPlex
 6 years ago '11        #54
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,786 | Props total: 1346 1346
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
funny how even the article wont explain how you end up with a value of 5 cents for the ball.

if the ball is 5 cents, and the first statement is that the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball, how is the total money spent 1.10$?

my man up there has an equation that looks correct. but i see youve squared X. why? nobody said there were 2 balls. it states you bought a ball and a bat which cost 1 dollar and 10 cents. the bat is 1 dollar more than the ball. if the ball is 5 cents then why didnt you spend 1 dollar and 5 cents?

i feel like a retard.
Distributive Property?
 6 years ago '11        #55
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 turntabledj said:
Cuz smart people are confident they already know the answer, they a.ssume their right and dont take the time to evaluate what they are actually doing.
Could be with some. But I can also make the argument that a more intelligent person is more likely to second guess themself cause they always see an alternative or another possibility. A less intelligent person, no so much due to thinking capacity(I'm a.ssuming that's what it's called btw)

Last edited by ImInHerMouth; 06-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Spelling
 6 years ago '11        #56
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Minister said:
no one can answer this?
I agreed with you on them using this as an example of cognitive bias by giving a pretty vague word problem. But if the ball coast any more or less than 5 cents, the bat would never cost a exactly a dollar more than the ball and equal $1.10
 6 years ago '04        #57
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
lol, was about to go with 1 and 10 but then realized that .1 + 1 is not 1. realized it was 1.05 a second later.

full math explanation:

bat (b) + ball (a) = 1.10
b = a +1

substitute b into the first equation

(a+1) + a = 1.10
2a + 1 = 1.10

subtract 1 from both sides.

2a = .10

divide both sides by 2
a = .05
ball = .05

b = a + 1
b = .05 + 1
bat = 1.05
 6 years ago '05        #58
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,150 | Props total: 19858 19858
 ImInHerMouth said:
I agreed with you on them using this as an example of cognitive bias by giving a pretty vague word problem. But if the ball coast any more or less than 5 cents, the bat would never cost a exactly a dollar more than the ball and equal $1.10
Thank you!
This is simple math
 6 years ago '05        #59
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4760 4760
 Chest Rockwell said:
aint no baseball bats out there that cost $1.05, fu*k outta here
it didn't say baseball bat...it said a bat and a ball...

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #60
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 6637 6637
 e G o Maniac said:
I got it wrong too

me too
Home         

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy