Jun 13 - Bad News for Those With the 'Blackest' Names

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
i thought this was common knowledge.. most places will not call you bac if they cant pronounce your name. apparently your name dictates who you are in the work world.

ive personally filled out apps with my first name and then used my middle name.. same qualifications but diff name "mike" always gets a call bac

i know shaquita marquiesha dahmonte sh*t like that is bad but wtf is a cody dillion and talen (or spelled talynn you name yo kid after a bird claw??)

my n*gga.. wtf is a cody??

i could go on all day odd a.ss white ppl names.

Last edited by slapaho; 06-15-2012 at 09:22 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #142
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
 Dos-effect said:

My son's name will be Fucucracha the III
de man k!lling me
 5 years ago '06        #143
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,123 | Props total: 4705 4705
 One Gud Cide said:
it's not actually a black name and white name thing

it's a stupid fu*king name vs. normal name thing

most of the stupidest names just happen to be given to blacks

seriously you want to hire a doctor name daquanrackdastic?

le-a

the dash don't be silent yall
this was the dumbest i read. Them names on the list are far from stupid. It is prejudice.
a normal name? what's normal for 1 may not be normal for another.....
 5 years ago '05        #144
dnut2005 
space
space
$1,310 | Props total: 0 0
sad but true before i started using my middle name "Edward" on job apps i didnt get any callbacks.
 5 years ago '06        #145
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,842 | Props total: 1754 1754
I went to q basically all black school, and I felt bad for teachers on the first day, bc half the names were made up, and the spelling was so f-ed up they couldn't sound it out. THE TEACHERS COULDN'T LOL. So Idk if its profiling , but most those people were hood as f*CK. Getting all mad like its an average name, when really there parents just wanted to be different
 5 years ago '06        #146
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
 Pistol Peter said:
racist white people are racist

yooooooooooo.......there's like quadruple entendres in this
 5 years ago '06        #147
space
space
Have an Arabic first name and a last name that's an 'American' first name

Just applied to this position for a Jewish-based organization that I'm a shoe in for. I was referred because I'm a perfect fit.....but haven't got a call

In a few weeks I'm gonna send the exact same CV, cover letter, etc with a different name and see what happens...
 5 years ago '04        #148
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
it's pretty telling that people so many coons and crackas in this thread are trying to downplay this issue by saying don't name your child "kawanaleeksha" when the names on that list are nothing like that...so you're telling me you can't even name your child Dominique, Tyrone, or Imani lol Amerikkka at its finest...and please don't come with the weird name sh*t, because regular white folks do the weird name sh*t too...how many white's back in the day were named sh*t like Tari, Kyra, Sheri or some sh*t like that
 5 years ago '05        #149
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,848 | Props total: 30038 30038
parents be fu*king up the kids soon as they come out the womb with those dumb names
 5 years ago '06        #150
space
space
interesting...

same people saying "n*gga" is just a word are here saying how "dumb" a name like Imani or DeShawn is. You're basically saying you agree with society to pre-judge someone off their name alone. If all the people with "black names" suddenly started using "white names" then what?

If DeJuan Jackson from Watts, who's 30 with a HS diploma, works as a security guard part-time and sells weed on the side suddenly changes his name to Andrew Jackson is he a better person? Does he move up the social ladder?

It's funny...seems like most, if not all, of those names listed are derived from European or Sub-Saharan African names and yet they become "ghetto" when a brown skin color is attached. Black Americans were stripped of our African surnames. Did we forget?

These names are only "black" because society has told us this and we go along with it. Non-blacks would never consider a "black name" because they've been told/sold the idea that certain names are reserved for black people. In the same token blacks have been told that these names are appropriate for them. It's like when you're born here society hands you a welcome package and in that package is a list of things you're supposed to like/do because of your color. My package came with a basketball, a fear of swimming, bucket of fried chicken and a list of "black names" to choose from.

i wish people would read more then accept things at face value. instead of trashing these names discover the Why. Challenge your mind and others, its your responsibility.
 06-15-2012, 10:15 AM         #151
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
why wouldnt you teach your child that having a black name might lead you to being perceived as inferior?

the evidence is TELLING you that youre being perceived as inferior. .

is it right? no, but it IS reality. .and its more than just a black white thing
I have a Muslim name and when I was applying for professor positions, the Black head of undergrad studies where I ended up working saw me and was like 'oh sh*t if i knew you were black i would have given you more classes. I thought you were some foreign language speaking guy'

Chinese parents often give their kids americanized alternative first names. I had students whose name would be like Xianzhou Yi Yang, but when you ask them what their name is, they say Stephanie
Jews used to change their last names to avoid discrimination

Same sh*t applies to black people. . . life hard enough without giving your kid some name thats going to hold them back
 5 years ago '06        #152
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
This n*gga got a Boxden screen name for a government name.
 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM         #153
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
so you'd rather set your children back in term of finding a job and making a life for themselves

just so you could be proud?

let me clue you in to some sh*t. . .People "appease" to get ahead in life all the time. We don't show up to job interviews wearing traditional african garb, we wear suits. We are a minority in america, and even more a minority when it comes to the power structure. You talkin all that sh*t about being proud, but are you in a position to hire some of these n*ggas named d'brickashaw when they cant get a foot in the door?

btw, you saying that this is akin to being whipped is ridiculous. . .n*ggas is overly dramatic for real

5 years ago '06        #154
space
space
 kevante said:
I'm with you...

but my issue is that there is no such thing as a "black name". How can a black american have a black name when their African identity was stripped?

It's crazy. I used to think Anisha was a "black name" until I met an Indian named one. Turns out that's a popular Indian name.

Still, when I hear Dominique I think "a black person". But, that's French.

Even Leroy comes from Le roi (the king in French).

Dante? Italian

Once the name is popular amongst the black community it suddenly becomes a "black name" and inferior. Let's marinate on that.
 5 years ago '04        #155
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 DominicanLou said:
I'm with you...

but my issue is that there is no such thing as a "black name". How can a black american have a black name when their African identity was stripped?

It's crazy. I used to think Anisha was a "black name" until I met an Indian named one. Turns out that's a popular Indian name.

Still, when I hear Dominique I think "a black person". But, that's French.

Even Leroy comes from Le roi (the king in French).

Dante? Italian

Once the name is popular amongst the black community it suddenly becomes a "black name" and inferior. Let's marinate on that.

I think it's important to distinguish. People are combining names like D'brickashaw, Jermichael, Darealyst, Bonquiqui etc with Dante, Tyrone, Jamaal, Dominique.

I think we can all agree that there are ridiculous names and there are authentic names.

Both will get hated on in the corporate world though. But you can't compare a real name to some made up sh*t someone thought would be creative.
 5 years ago '04        #156
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
 Dun Language said:
parents be fu*king up the kids soon as they come out the womb with those dumb names
Dominique is a dumb name?
 5 years ago '06        #157
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I think it's important to distinguish. People are combining names like D'brickashaw, Jermichael, Darealyst, Bonquiqui etc with Dante, Tyrone, Jamaal, Dominique.

I think we can all agree that there are ridiculous names and there are authentic names.

Both will get hated on in the corporate world though. But you can't compare a real name to some made up sh*t someone thought would be creative.
Word. I feel you 100%

How many D'brickashaws and Darealysts are out there? The list on the first page shows direct or variations of authentic names, whatever "authentic" means.

D'brickashaw and etc. sound ridiculous to me but they are not the norm. The thing is ridiculous names in this case always = black.
 5 years ago '06        #158
space
space
I just think it's interesting that people will say "n*gga" is just a word and why give it so much power, etc. etc. but it's OK to give so much power to these "black names". And last time I checked 'Dante, Dominique and Darealyst' don't have any real significance or history in the Western world.
 5 years ago '04        #159
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,544 | Props total: 2788 2788
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

its not even about being ridicuous

to me a name is a name, although that Darealyst name had me tho. Call your kid whatever you want because not every name has to come from the Bible Quran or tradition to be authentic

its just like. . .you gotta know what youre up against in this country. Im in the corporate world now and I can tell how racist some of these CACs are up in this bi*ch. The sh*t they say about people on welfare and the stereotypes they carry let me know whats up

Its not the obvious 'well i'm not hiring any black people period' type sh*t, but subtly when they see a name like Imani or Aisha, they a.ssociating it with a certain type of black person that they dont want to hire. Its fu*ked up but its reality. And these people get like thousands of resumes to sift through sometimes, so they looking for any excuse to ditch some

I probably only got an interview because they thought I was a super smart arab type and not a n*gga from some tough areas in Baltimore. But all i needed was teh first interview and I was in there
 5 years ago '04        #160
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 DominicanLou said:
Word. I feel you 100%

How many D'brickashaws and Darealysts are out there? The list on the first page shows direct or variations of authentic names, whatever "authentic" means.

D'brickashaw and etc. sound ridiculous to me but they are not the norm. The thing is ridiculous names in this case always = black.
I agree. But I think they're ridiculous names in every race though. Like Buzz. WTF is Buzz? When I hear Jethro I think back woods west virginia. I had a friend whose legal name was Nacho. I'm like

Regardless of where the name came from, people are always going to make an immediate judgement for better or worse.

All I know is I'm not naming my kid Abner, Francis, Gerald, Ernest, etc. Names can fu*k your kid up for life. Kids are ruthless now days.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-15-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy