Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
Seven Fittey 1 heat pts
space
space
$225 | Props total: 16 16
Marquis FML
 06-15-2012, 12:28 AM         #122
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StatisticZ said:
*inb4blackpeopleturnthisintoaraciallymotivatedthre ad*
inbeforewhitepeopledenyobviousracerelatedissues
 6 years ago '11        #123
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I hadn't really considered it till now but my name is slightly out there

It's got an apostrophe and singled out Capital Letters, the apostrophe is actually supposed to be an accent mark to make it sound more French tho

But so far it hasn't hindered me as far as getting internships and opportunities but I'm still young.

But lately I've been puttin out job applications tho for a summer job and I ain't heard back even tho I'm more than qualified for those jobs. It's whatever tho
 6 years ago '10        #124
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
I remember the white parents that caught hell 4 naming their kids after some nazi sh*t.

I'm in the middle on this one tho.
Parents should stop naming their kids dumb a.ss names and white folks should stop judging blacks by their names. Some of the wildest, gangbanginest, thugs I know are named Brian, Charles, Quinton, & Tony. I have 4 kids and none bear traditional white names. 3 of them are in school and excel in their schooling in a predominatly white school system. Went to the parent teacher conferences and was pleased to hear them speak highly of my kids by name. A name is more than a name but doesn't define a soul.

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 06-15-2012 at 03:06 AM..
 06-15-2012, 03:21 AM         #125
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1188 said:
Dont EVER trust a white girl named Ebony..trust me.
say word
 6 years ago '04        #126
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 Patrick Galooly said:
Because black people are proud of their ancestors. And black people's ancestors fought for black people to have a place in this country where they're judged by the content of their character not by theirskin color clothes or name. To change your name in order to appease white people is spitting in their ancestors face. It's akin to white people whipping you until you shout out your name is Toby.

so you'd rather set your children back in term of finding a job and making a life for themselves

just so you could be proud?

let me clue you in to some sh*t. . .People "appease" to get ahead in life all the time. We don't show up to job interviews wearing traditional african garb, we wear suits. We are a minority in america, and even more a minority when it comes to the power structure. You talkin all that sh*t about being proud, but are you in a position to hire some of these n*ggas named d'brickashaw when they cant get a foot in the door?

btw, you saying that this is akin to being whipped is ridiculous. . .n*ggas is overly dramatic for real
 6 years ago '10        #127
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1123 1123
I've got a lady friend named Dakesha. Educated at a Top 20 University, engineer for Boeing. She told me when she was job hunting, she totally just used first initial and her traditional, non-ethnic last name. You just gotta play the game properly.
 6 years ago '10        #128
dude hustles 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 784 784
I'm black with a white a.ss soundin name and I feel y'all. BUT...

If they let a black n*gga with the name BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, after 9/11, in the united states be president. Then shiiiiiiiit I would have to think it really don't matter wtf ur name is
 6 years ago '11        #129
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,786 | Props total: 1346 1346
I've actually thought about this before, but I've never actually considered it.
I've never had a job and I've applied for many, my name is my username btw, but I kind of refuse to believe the fact that the reason I'm not getting jobs is because of my name, it may stand true for some other names though.
I guess I just have to go harder when it comes to applying for jobs....I guess the occasional visit and phone call isn't enough

...F*ck it, I'm gonna start bugging the crap out of employers now
 6 years ago '04        #130
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 DrX said:
inbeforewhitepeopledenyobviousracerelatedissues
inbeforesomeidiotstatestheobviousonpage7likearetar d

Shucks... too late.
 6 years ago '04        #131
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2019 2019
I know/knew quite a few white boys named Willie..
 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM         #132
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tyrone?

6 years ago '10        #133
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,998 | Props total: 987 987
What about Jamaal? And my last name is islamic also fu*k!!!
 6 years ago '08        #134
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,835 | Props total: 1334 1334
 onlybuilt1906 said:
I've got a lady friend named Dakesha. Educated at a Top 20 University, engineer for Boeing. She told me when she was job hunting, she totally just used first initial and her traditional, non-ethnic last name. You just gotta play the game properly.
Great advice for anyone with a name that might scare an ignorant person

It doesn't affect just Blacks either... I know a few Middle Eastern guys who work in various trades who changed their names/nicknames after 9/11 just so they wouldn't scare ignorant as*holes who think all arabs are terrorists (e.g. Mohammed became Moe)... it's not fair but this is life unfortunately

on a sidenote, I always thought of Willie as more of a Latino name... then again, many Latinos are Black so maybe that's why
 06-15-2012, 08:47 AM         #135
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If your name is Beau or Jett or Darcey or Ashton or some sh*t you're going to have a harder time than someone called Elizabeth or Alexander. That's to a lesser extent, but it's not something that's exclusively racist, there are strong elements of class bigotry as well as racial bigotry.

What's more telling when it comes to racism would be to see the results, and I'm sure studies have already been done, of 2 individuals with the same name, but one is black and one is white. That way you'd see whether the problem is for the company your skin colour or your perceived lower-class upbringing.

It would also be just as interesting to see a study of traditional Western European names vs modern names, and I'm not sure if that has been done, with all-white participants to remove racial bias. So line up a few Baileys vs John, Brock vs Matthew, Sapphire vs Emily, Britney vs Ruth, Troy vs Phillip etc. I would wager the bias would still be significant, but to a lesser degree than in this test.
 06-15-2012, 08:50 AM         #136
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
Great advice for anyone with a name that might scare an ignorant person

It doesn't affect just Blacks either... I know a few Middle Eastern guys who work in various trades who changed their names/nicknames after 9/11 just so they wouldn't scare ignorant as*holes who think all arabs are terrorists (e.g. Mohammed became Moe)... it's not fair but this is life unfortunately

on a sidenote, I always thought of Willie as more of a Latino name... then again, many Latinos are Black so maybe that's why
Isn't Willie just William shortened? I always thought it was a British name, but maybe it's German. I'm almost 100% it's white European in origin.
 6 years ago '12        #137
AK2 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 100 100
 killinemsoftly said:
Went to school with a girl named Morenike
that name is an african name. yoruba name to be precise.
 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM         #138
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '12        #139
AK2 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 100 100
 ROFLSTOMP said:
I got the avatar from this site:
 6 years ago '07        #140
Gunner 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 731 731
Olanrewaju (Nigerian) is my name...get called back for every job I apply to. I have worked at a Bank, Collection Agencies, and currently work for one of the biggest claims and compliance company in GA. Resume>>>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
61 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy