Jun 13 - Bad News for Those With the 'Blackest' Names

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
racist white people are racist

White Face said:

My mom wanted to name me latrell after her dead friend, thank god my dad stopped her since i was his first born son

6 years ago '12        #82
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,589 | Props total: 6046 6046
 efromthev said:
NO JOKE. My mom used to teach 4th grade and there was a black kid in her class named

Royal ****

I swear to God. No lie.

Bladelecks said:
my name is malik. is this the reason i cant find a job?
 The Rhyming Ape said:
^^^ Nah n*gga its bc u a bum

Race-Neutral names >>>
 06-14-2012, 07:11 PM         #83
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Sparrow James Midnight Madden (Nicole Richie and Joel Madden)
Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa)
Seraphina Rose Elizabeth (Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck)
Bronx Mowgli (Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz)
Zuma (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale)
Clementine Jane (Ethan Hawke and Ryan Shawhughes)
Knox Leon (Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt)
Sunday Rose (Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban)
Apple (Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow)
Moxie Crimef!ghter (Magician Penn Jillette)
Hopper (Sean Penn and Robin Wright)
Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf)
Sosie (Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick)
Destry (Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw)
Aurelius Cy (Elle Macpherson)
Kal-El Coppola (Nicolas Cage)
Bluebell Madonna (Spice Girl Geri Halliwell)
Audio Science (Actress Shannyn Sossamon)
Kyd (David Duchovny and Tea Leon)
Fifi Trixibell (Bob Geldof and Paula Yates)
Calico (Alice Cooper)
Seargeoh and Sage Moonblood (Sylvester Stallone)
Hud and Spec Wildhorse (John Cougar Mellencamp and Elaine Irwin)
Rebel, Racer and Rogue (Robert Rodriguez)
Free (Barbara Hershey and David Carradine)
yeah but these are celebrity children that will never have to apply for a job and if they do "oh hey my dad is nicholas cage"... "hired"
the names they are talkin about are everyday people who need to apply for jobs. they are going to be judged. do you think theyre going to say "we have an opening in customer service and Na'Kwaan would be a great fit!". youre in serious denial or smokin if you think so. if they see John and Na'Kwaan or Jennifer and JaLeisha what are they going to do? be fu*kin honest. youre fu*kin up your kids future. JaLeisha might be fine as fu*k with a fat a.ss, beautiful smile, extremely intelligent, and a great personality. but if Jennifer has the same looking experience/education, you already know who theyre going with.
 06-14-2012, 07:12 PM         #84
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cubes said:

Race-Neutral names >>>
Naw a race neutral country would be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '05        #85
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Patrick Galooly said:
Judging by the data they've accumulated, it doesn't go both ways. Few things in America go both ways.
As I said, if White people named their kids things like Aryan (I know someone that named their kid this.. ) and it became a top 'white' name then people would look down on that.

Names like Precious and Diamond are stripper names. I don't give a sh*t. Stop naming your kids after strippers and they'll get jobs.

06-14-2012, 07:15 PM         #86
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
As I said, if White people named their kids things like Aryan (I know someone that named their kid this.. ) and it became a top 'white' name then people would look down on that.

Names like Precious and Diamond are stripper names. I don't give a sh*t. Stop naming your kids after strippers and they'll get jobs.

What about names like Imani and Dominique? Are those "stripper" names? Yet those people are still getting discriminated against.
 6 years ago '08        #87
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,858 | Props total: 9185 9185
 bony said:

[pic - click to view]

shady-nasty?!

no

shadiiiinasty.
 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM         #88
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
Y'all are tap dancing around the fu*king issue. NONE of the names on that list are "ghetto". Ebony, Dominique, Malik, Marquis, Imani, Shanice....what the fu*k is wrong with those names?

sh*t, I don't like the "race card" either....but that doesn't mean you get to ignore BLATANT racism when it's right in your face
Yes it does, cause it's not their problem. They're going to log off and they can name their kids whatever they want. They won't be discriminated against.
 06-14-2012, 07:19 PM         #89
Bladelecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My lil bruh has a friend named Thankgod. r.i.p. to his future
 6 years ago '05        #90
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Patrick Galooly said:
What about names like Imani and Dominique? Are those "stripper" names? Yet those people are still getting discriminated against.
I know when it comes to race people get touchy, so I'll just say it. I'm fu*king around...
 6 years ago '05        #91
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
I mean my name is Dominique I'm not sure how that is one the the blackest names lol
 6 years ago '11        #92
Broseph Stalin 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,187 | Props total: 5038 5038
name's joseph and i always get calls no less than 2 days after filling out job applications

my last name's french too
 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM         #93
Kushton Slater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They did a study about this back when I was a junior in high school (05-06). I remember hearing it on the Tom Joyner Morning show, but it extended further than just "black sounding names". Any person with a name that was considered "not normal" by American standards (w/e the fu*k that means lol) had a higher chance of being overlooked vs someone with a name like Kelly, John, or Jack etc. IDGAF what your name sounds like as long as you can get the job done. If your name really is that difficult to pronounce better get a nickname asap.

Last edited by Kushton Slater; 06-14-2012 at 08:07 PM..
 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM         #94
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait, isn't the issue the fact that these names get passed over in the first place?

the mehecano said:

[pic - click to view]

Sucks for this young man

White Face said:
Lucas>>>>>

And my middle name kyle

My parents gave all of us white sounding names.

My mom wanted to name me latrell after her dead friend, thank god my dad stopped her since i was his first born son
lemme add 2 and 2 for you breh

Broseph Stalin said:
name's joseph and i always get calls no less than 2 days after filling out job applications

my last name's french too
i have a race neutral name too with a french last name and no lie, i get calls very quickly. both myself and my brother. you gotta go deep into second cousins before the names get unique in my family to be honest

Last edited by iThink; 06-14-2012 at 08:06 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #95
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
That's so fu*ked up but not surprising. It's so true. My name isn't necessarily a ''black'' name but it's spelled weird and I had a hard time getting my first job. Wonder if my name played a role in it. Shiiit I could barely land an interview or a callback. Them n*ggas prolly didn't even read my resume. I will watch that special friday night if I can. sounds interesting.
 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM         #96
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiestoFriendly said:
That's so fu*ked up but not surprising. It's so true. My name isn't necessarily a ''black'' name but it's spelled weird and I had a hard time getting my first job. Wonder if my name played a role in it. Shiiit I could barely land an interview or a callback. Them n*ggas prolly didn't even read my resume. I will watch that special friday night if I can. sounds interesting.
There's a whole section about the same thing in the movie Freakonomics, on Netflix Instant.
 6 years ago '10        #97
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 SteveSS said:
There's a whole section about the same thing in the movie Freakonomics, on Netflix Instant.
I'll check that out whenever I can.

Last edited by TiestoFriendly; 06-14-2012 at 08:21 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #98
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3540 3540
Before I got my job I knew interviewers probably thought I was white (I'm black) because of my name.

....even my last name sounds foreign or European (It's my username).

I'm glad I have a neutral name.

Last edited by 01seay; 06-14-2012 at 08:27 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #99
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 Dos-effect said:
That's garbage though, your teaching your child to not be proud of who they are.......which is detrimental to any child development. We should not have to teach our children that they are in any way in danger of being perceive as inferior simply because they have a "black name" when they are born in American and any name given is a traditional American name..........

why wouldnt you teach your child that having a black name might lead you to being perceived as inferior?

the evidence is TELLING you that youre being perceived as inferior. .

is it right? no, but it IS reality. .and its more than just a black white thing
I have a Muslim name and when I was applying for professor positions, the Black head of undergrad studies where I ended up working saw me and was like 'oh sh*t if i knew you were black i would have given you more classes. I thought you were some foreign language speaking guy'

Chinese parents often give their kids americanized alternative first names. I had students whose name would be like Xianzhou Yi Yang, but when you ask them what their name is, they say Stephanie
Jews used to change their last names to avoid discrimination

Same sh*t applies to black people. . . life hard enough without giving your kid some name thats going to hold them back
 6 years ago '04        #100
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
immigrants get the same kind of hate. i been thinking of changing my name, but i feel like its disrespectful to those in my family who came before me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy