With all the Trap Music you hear today....Who invented Trap Music??

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
Selling 2 for 5 listening to Cindy Lauper >>>>>>
 5 years ago '05        #42
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
Bustin down bricks to BB King >>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '05        #43
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,457 | Props total: 25150 25150
 1188 said:
Master P
Seen This Comment and "Time To Check My Crack House" Popped Up In My Head

I Would Say This Is True BUT If P Invented Trap Music Then You Got To Give Bay Area Their Credit As Well Since P Was fu*kin With Bay Area n*ggas To Get His Rap sh*t Off The Ground.

All The Rappers In The South From The 90s Was Pretty Much Talking About Robbin & Slangin. To Me, Project Pat, 8 Ball & MJG & UGK Painted A Better Picture of That Trap Life In The 90s/00s But To Say Who Invented It? Can't Say.
 5 years ago '04        #44
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 1041 1041
Some of yall going by the dialect i.e. who used the terms "trapping", "moving work", etc. while some of yall going by the sound "crazy snares", "different pitched 808s", etc. Which one defines the "trap music" tho?!

Just because a n*gga from early 90s used certain terms to refer to crack houses and cocaine, it doesnt mean the "trap music" as we know today, at least in my understanding.

Like that other n*ggaz posted b4 me, just to use this as a recent example, T.I. calling his album "trap muzik" didnt really produce what we consider as trap music today.

To me trap music is that stove music... Tracks to put that work in in da kitchen to... Not necessarily in terms of describing the ghetto life as Ball & G did, or UGK did, but just that ignant spatula music. It gots to do more with the Sound because it sets the tone for that trap sh*t forreal forreal. The lyrics and word play is secondary to me when it comes to that trap sh*t. So, having all that said, it was Gucci for me. Yea jeezy and shawty redd did they thang on tm101, and i give him for the adlib saturation, which is another critical element of todays trap music, but it was gucci's ignant talk and zaytoven's gritty organs that defined at least what i consider to be trap music.

Again this can always argued otherwise depending on what one considers to be the "true" form of that real trap sh*t [trappaholics drop voice].
 5 years ago '04        #45
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
Man Tip started that sh*t, I mean he really got it poppin and made a clear lane for it, be for real
 5 years ago '09        #46
59fifty 
space
space
$22,727 | Props total: 10168 10168
I'm yo pusha maaan
 12-20-2012, 07:09 AM         #47
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
T.I

still aint forgave myself is what started it

thats the other side of the trap(the real part) not the ballin drug lord part these n*ggas lie about
 5 years ago '09        #48
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,408 | Props total: 17614 17614

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #49
TrapBoi 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 134 134
Cool Breeze
 5 years ago '05        #50
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
The subject matter couldve been any of those early southern dudes.

BUT THE SOUND OF WHAT WE HEAR TODAY...JEEZY AND SHAWTY REDD, THEE END.

Yeah they probably were influenced by a lot of people (UGK, P, Manny Fresh, E-40), but they put all that sh*t together and came out on the other side with TM101 and that's what n*ggaz have been following since.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 12-20-2012 at 08:27 AM..
 12-20-2012, 07:51 AM         #51
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
T.I. was like the first n*gga to conceptualize it.

[video - click to view]

But I feel like Big was like the first spit about it in a way that it got noticed.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 12-20-2012 at 07:55 AM..
 12-20-2012, 08:50 AM         #52
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FreshBeatzBx said:
I want to know who coined the phrase Trap music. I know T.I. and Jeezy were heavy in the upbringing but who started that name. I'm thinkin it was T.I. but does anybody have any information proving so?
What u mean who started the name bruh?

Obviously Tip started the name. "TRAP MUZIK"

Last edited by Walkerboy86; 12-20-2012 at 01:54 PM..
 12-20-2012, 09:01 AM         #53
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xbossxplayax said:
Some of yall going by the dialect i.e. who used the terms "trapping", "moving work", etc. while some of yall going by the sound "crazy snares", "different pitched 808s", etc. Which one defines the "trap music" tho?!

Just because a n*gga from early 90s used certain terms to refer to crack houses and cocaine, it doesnt mean the "trap music" as we know today, at least in my understanding.

Like that other n*ggaz posted b4 me, just to use this as a recent example, T.I. calling his album "trap muzik" didnt really produce what we consider as trap music today.

To me trap music is that stove music... Tracks to put that work in in da kitchen to... Not necessarily in terms of describing the ghetto life as Ball & G did, or UGK did, but just that ignant spatula music. It gots to do more with the Sound because it sets the tone for that trap sh*t forreal forreal. The lyrics and word play is secondary to me when it comes to that trap sh*t. So, having all that said, it was Gucci for me. Yea jeezy and shawty redd did they thang on tm101, and i give him for the adlib saturation, which is another critical element of todays trap music, but it was gucci's ignant talk and zaytoven's gritty organs that defined at least what i consider to be trap music.

Again this can always argued otherwise depending on what one considers to be the "true" form of that real trap sh*t [trappaholics drop voice].
So n*ggas cant put in wrk to Tip's "Dope Boys"

Tip started it with toomp, Jeezy ran with it with Shawty redd sound, Gucci replaced jeezy for a min with zaytoven/shawty redd sound
 5 years ago '10        #54
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
I heard TRAP way back on them old OUTKAST albums
 5 years ago '07        #55
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
TI/Jeezy made it a hot trend. Down south legends like UGK, Master P, Ball & G, Three Six, Mannie Fresh, Dungeon Fam, etc. all contributed to the sound as it developed in the 90s.
 5 years ago '11        #56
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
 castro13 said:
coolbreeze and ghetto mafia.
-- came in here to say this myself....some of the first artists I ever heard even using the term "trap" in their respective music on a wide scale...98/99 --even on some of that goodie mob and outkast stuff too!
 5 years ago '12        #57
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 439 439
I think trap was is the evolution of crunk music.

And this drill business is another... manifestation of that same sound.
 5 years ago '12        #58
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,134 | Props total: 15812 15812
 jt satan said:
I mean rapper been talking about trapping before ti and jeezy

but Jeezy's trap or die, tm101 was the blueprint of trap music, with that shawty redd sound, and that flow jeezy brought to the game, adlibs and all

ti's trap musik album was cohesive, but not really all that trap like

/thread
 5 years ago '11        #59
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
Master P

Mr. Ice Cream Man

How easily yall n*ggas forget...SMH

[video - click to view]

12-20-2012, 12:05 PM         #60
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
TI/Jeezy made it a hot trend. Down south legends like UGK, Master P, Ball & G, Three Six, Mannie Fresh, Dungeon Fam, etc. all contributed to the sound as it developed in the 90s.
Exactly...

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy