Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,296 | Props total: 12684 12684
so adele can retire off that album
 6 years ago '07        #42
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
I don't even prefer Currensy over Big Krit (I actually find Currensy boring at times) but his album was much better. Currensy won me back over. I still thought Krit's was iight but his mixtapes are better.
 6 years ago '11        #43
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,763 | Props total: 4969 4969
Adeles Audience actually BUYS CDS !!! & They Use Itunes

How many of you have heard your favorite artists album and NOT paid for it ?
THEN make fun of their sales numbers ....
 6 years ago '07        #44
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
wtf @ adele
 6 years ago '07        #45
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
n*ggas who listen to currensy spend most of their money on weed so this isnt really a surprise
 6 years ago '04        #46
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 813 813
r4e shoulda been krits 1st album and my sub shoulda been his 1st single
 6 years ago '04        #47
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,136 | Props total: 4527 4527
adele chasing that paper.

her first album was solid too.

curren$y album is a classic to me
 6 years ago '04        #48
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
 BtMkRs said:

Problem is Hip-Hop is the only genre of music that gives away free music, if they didn't they would definitely sell more albums.

Both of these artists exceeded my expectations but Krit more so, I didn't expect him to outsell Curren$y
 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM         #49
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Adele at #1 .

22 Million Copies

6 years ago '05        #50
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30319 30319
 BtMkRs said:

RoyceDa59 said:
Problem is Hip-Hop is the only genre of music that gives away free music, if they didn't they would definitely sell more albums.

Both of these artists exceeded my expectations but Krit more so, I didn't expect him to outsell Curren$y
 hanis said:
how does that train of thought even make sense? you release mixtapes and free sh*t to become/stay relevant right? he clearly doesn't have it in him to make a radio friendly enough record, nor is he the type of artist that draws people in like that, he's an average rapper, above average producer and thats about it.

and saying you thought he'd do 170k off of what you read on blogs and boxden is the most ridiculous thing you've probably said in a while. so you think that getting hot on sites that GIVE AWAY MUSIC FOR FREE is conducive to record sales? do you realize how stupid that sounds? why would people pay for something that they have access to for free? sure some people will, but the proof is in the numbers, just because you have a big blog/forum buzz in no way means you will do good numbers when you come out, its simply a fact at this point,a nd it almost hurts you because you think that you're putting in all this work and grinding the blogs, but the people who actually spend money on music by in large have no clue how to find a blog or boxden, therefore you're losing before the race even starts...
lol hes on def jam. he has a buzz and all you expected him to do is 47k ?

wow...just read above what these other dudes typed after your reply and youll see why giving away all that free music is such a bad idea.
 06-13-2012, 12:44 AM         #51
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seems as if the music industry is gonna have to die in order to make drastic changes. Once people catch up to the technology it's going to take off like Swizz Beats was saying.
 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM         #52
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The thing with Adele is she most likely reach an affluent intellectual crowd who understand the technology, the economics, and business behind the music, and they also love the music.

These kids these days are broke as hell, walking around with an iPod/Phone and wanna get free music because they can't afford it and would rather spend the little money they get on something else.

If they were making cash, or had the money to to blow they would do it, you can go to strip club and throw a rack, but you can't buy music? I understand that buying music is just as complicated and time wasting as download it for free, but what's the problem?

At the end of the day you shouldn't be listening to an artist if you aren't supporting them. The game is to be sold not told.
 6 years ago '05        #53
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 Dun Language said:
lol hes on def jam. he has a buzz and all you expected him to do is 47k ?

wow...just read above what these other dudes typed after your reply and youll see why giving away all that free music is such a bad idea.
how is it a bad idea then? you'd prefer him to put out nothing for free and be completely unknown and do 5k his first week? wtf are you saying? i know he's on def jam and so what? they can't physically make a hit for him can they? they can't physically go door to door and make people like him can they? so short of that, major or no major, he didn't do enough in the mainstream to get noticed, and the numbers show that.... obviously there is a place for this lane in rap because cole is a similar artist and did very well his first week and in total for his first album. so the disconnect between him and the consumer can be fixed how in your opinion? you want him to not give out free music, then how would you know he is even releasing anything or even making music for that matter? big krit is a household name now and i didn't get the memo? short of maybe 6 people, if you're not putting out free sh*t you're an after thought, and only maybe 2 or 3 of those people actually don't put out anything for free (jay, em, drake hasn't put out a mixtape since so far gone, which was 2 albums ago) and the other super big name artists still put out free material every album cycle (ross, wayne, kanye). sure other people don't put out sh*t for free, but are they relevant at all? does anybody care about what they are doing other than the 30k-40k people who will buy there album the first week regardless? the answer is no, and krit fell into that position in the game really quickly. when you ask people regular kids who you meet who aren't on boxden what they listen too, they all say mac miller, or wayne, or ross, or cole, kendrick, sean, ye, etc etc, i been to 100 or so shows in the last year, not one person ever even uttered krits name....
 6 years ago '11        #54
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 Kingpin 313 said:
There's only about 10 rappers that can go gold and 5 that can go platinum 10 years ago n*ggas was going triple plat easily
Look at the artists we have to choose from, lack in diversity of music being played on the radio, & major labels not promoting/barely promoting said artist music. I keep seeing posts where kats saying 40k sold is good for an album with little to no radio play on singles. Actually, the sh*t is a disgrace when 30-40k sold is acceptable when artists was doing $1 millon+ last decade off debut albums in hip-hop. Now n*ggas is struggling to Gold? Let alone platinum?

Hip-hop is just about dead when it comes to a genre. If you only sell 30-40k might as well go independent. Not hating on Krit but when starting sales are low & artists are struggling to hit Gold it's a problem.
 6 years ago '04        #55
bobbyfisher 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 37 37
 drumgangP said:
People sayin Waka Flocka is gonna do 40-50K first week. With Currensy right behind that, with absolutely NO radio play, I'd say thats a win.
kid ink might do 50K and beat waka flocka first week sales. Kid ink is independent.
 6 years ago '07        #56
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
i see this as a win for both..w/no radio play and virtually no promotion they were able to do this..I just think def jam should've backed krit bigger since he is the one that's signed to a major label ..but still good numbers from both artist considering their situations...god damn adele is still selling like that?! when was the last time an artist was able to sell so damn much a long a.ss time after their album was released? Anyone know..this sh*t is unheard of ..god damn that girl is winning like none other artist in the world right now..she's do iconic michael jackson/elvis presley type of numbers
 6 years ago '04        #57
Drich1998 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 45 45
 NBA Brawler said:
Adele still at number 1???

I'm fu*king
Co sign. Adele wins a day. 40k is a great number for KRIT. Dude isn't mainstream yet but managed to push out some decent numbers. Hopefully he'll gain some notoriety and sell more next time.
 6 years ago '05        #58
Muggz 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,590 | Props total: 2073 2073
U boxden triple og k!llas understand that in the real world(real life off the internet...) Nobody knows who currensy is. Boxden acts like hes goat status or sumthin. dude mumbles to himself over mediocre beats and the whole jet life team is a.ss... and corny as fu*k, but it keeps u boxden dudes wavin pom poms like some hos
 6 years ago '05        #59
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
 Philly B said:
10 years ago when I was 14 I could make money in high school selling mixtapes and albums, now everyone knows how to get music for free.
...I Still Do.
 6 years ago '04        #60
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 813 813
Im just glad we talking about the album sales of two decent rappers for a change
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
44 comments
1 day ago