Apple unveils iOS 6 at WWDC Siri updates, new maps over 200 new features!

most viewed right now
 68
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM         #161
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 famoussasjohn said:
Have you bothered looking up specs of a 3GS? It has a 600MHz processor 256 MB RAM, I'd say those are pretty close or below a lot of lower end Android devices. This device will go through 3 major updates, unlike many Android devices, even higher end devices. I've had the 4 since it launched, and they have fixed numerous bugs and security issues, the PDF jailbreak that Comex released was a security vulnerability that Apple patched not even 2 weeks after it was out. It no longer works.
Just so you know, most Android phones have received at least two major updates. Along with incremental security/bug fix updates. Most phones that started with Cupcake were upgraded to Donut, Eclair and even Froyo. Phones that started with Eclair have been upgraded to Froyo and Gingerbread. Phones that started with Froyo have been upgraded to Gingerbread and now rolling out ICS.

Apple strips features out of IOS for their older models. If Google had to do this for every single Android phone out there, they would never have time to improve their OS. Each OS brings on many features that newer hardware supports. Therefore major updates past two usually require better hardware or else the phone would run extremely slow. Think about installing Windows 7 on an older PC. Google does not have the time to strip down newer updates to the barebones for some old a** phones. You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Nobody who has an old 600mhz Android phone is complaining about not receiving Gingerbread or ICS. They get a new phone.

Apple releases the newer IOS versions to older devices but stripped down. They can afford to do this for two reasons. One they only have a handful of phones, and two they have not been making major changes to the UI.

The one update which has taken forever to get to phones is ICS. And the reason is because Google changed the UI. When is the last time Apple changed their UI? They still use the exact same UI they have always used. Anyway back on topic.
 6 years ago '05        #162
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 famoussasjohn said:
Have you bothered looking up specs of a 3GS? It has a 600MHz processor 256 MB RAM, I'd say those are pretty close or below a lot of lower end Android devices. This device will go through 3 major updates, unlike many Android devices, even higher end devices. I've had the 4 since it launched, and they have fixed numerous bugs and security issues, the PDF jailbreak that Comex released was a security vulnerability that Apple patched not even 2 weeks after it was out. It no longer works.
That's exactly why the 3GS or the 4 won't be getting turn-by-turn navigation, Flyover, 3D view or Siri-Maps compatibility. If you get an update on Android, you get the whole update. Not 1/16 of an update.
 6 years ago '08        #163
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 2079 2079
 Y.G. said:
That's exactly why the 3GS or the 4 won't be getting turn-by-turn navigation, Flyover, 3D view or Siri-Maps compatibility. If you get an update on Android, you get the whole update. Not 1/16 of an update.
 6 years ago '04        #164
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Pro337 said:
Don't take the "if" too literally. All high-end and most mid-range Androids get more than one major update. Don't even take into account the ones in the lower half when you can't compare those to the iPhone as all iPhones are considered high-end throughout the year of their launch. And don't bring up the 600MHz stat again because that was a time relative scenario. High end Androids had 600MHz processors at the time, too.
 6 years ago '04        #165
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 xeduran said:
Just so you know, most Android phones have received at least two major updates. Along with incremental security/bug fix updates. Most phones that started with Cupcake were upgraded to Donut, Eclair and even Froyo. Phones that started with Eclair have been upgraded to Froyo and Gingerbread. Phones that started with Froyo have been upgraded to Gingerbread and now rolling out ICS.

Apple strips features out of IOS for their older models. If Google had to do this for every single Android phone out there, they would never have time to improve their OS. Each OS brings on many features that newer hardware supports. Therefore major updates past two usually require better hardware or else the phone would run extremely slow. Think about installing Windows 7 on an older PC. Google does not have the time to strip down newer updates to the barebones for some old a** phones. You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Nobody who has an old 600mhz Android phone is complaining about not receiving Gingerbread or ICS. They get a new phone.

Apple releases the newer IOS versions to older devices but stripped down. They can afford to do this for two reasons. One they only have a handful of phones, and two they have not been making major changes to the UI.

The one update which has taken forever to get to phones is ICS. And the reason is because Google changed the UI. When is the last time Apple changed their UI? They still use the exact same UI they have always used. Anyway back on topic.
This guy knows what he's talking about.
 6 years ago '05        #166
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
avatar space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
 GrimeyKevin said:
what?
What part of IF does your dumbazz not understand
 6 years ago '12        #167
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 Y.G. said:
That's exactly why the 3GS or the 4 won't be getting turn-by-turn navigation, Flyover, 3D view or Siri-Maps compatibility. If you get an update on Android, you get the whole update. Not 1/16 of an update.

another android fanboy in a apple thread












































































































































this sh*t is getting sad
 6 years ago '04        #168
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 layzie8171 said:
which they also didnt do
did this guy really just say this about an OS that wont be out until the fall?
 6 years ago '05        #169
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 Pro337 said:
Enjoy your new, half-functioning iOS 3.35236245 update.
 6 years ago '06        #170
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
 mrfreak76 said:



[pic - click to view]

if true
 6 years ago '04        #171
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 Game375 said:
if true
 6 years ago '07        #172
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$2,486 | Props total: 390 390
 NateRight said:
Jailbreaking an iphone is incredibly easy compared to rooting your android phone, so it's not a big deal at all. Plus, in order for android users to update their software they have to buy a new phone!
??? Dude, you don't know sh*t about android so think before you type. Almost every android phone and tablet has a oneclickroot program out, which allows you to root your phone/tab in secs. I rooted my Transformer Prime in 30 seconds. Plus I could used an applications that allow me to keep root when i update the firmware. iPhone/iPad have never had a program that allow you to keep jailbreak when updating firmware.

You can always install a custom rom on your phone or tablet if you cant update to ICS, its not hard as you think.

Dont forget, the features you get from jail-breaking, we get stock. Dont boost when there's nothing to boost about.
 6 years ago '04        #173
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11563 11563
 hockeythug said:
nice


[pic - click to view]

THIS IS OLD MAN I HAD THIS ON MY WINDOWS 6.5 PHONE DEAD
 5 years ago '04        #174
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$17,564 | Props total: 2416 2416

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '05        #175
JayThunder 
space
avatar space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 80 80
 layzie8171 said:


keep thinking that. apple is always 2 steps behind in everything they do
because the companies that are 2 steps ahead end up going 10steps back because sh*t doesnt get dev correctly... you sound like a thirsty n*gga that would cop something a.ssuming it would work 100% how its promoted... only apple gives u that
 5 years ago '05        #176
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$14,287 | Props total: 646 646
Nothing I couldn't do on my phone already, this is good for apple users tho
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy