Apple unveils iOS 6 at WWDC Siri updates, new maps over 200 new features!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
So I've been using the new maps, and it's not quite as polished as people think. It's a beta, but traffic doesn't work right, and it gets laggy trying to load new images. And when you zoom in, you're lucky to get a higher res image. Other than those things, it's your ordinary maps app and this really doesn't give them a clear advantage of Google Maps. Glad they're finally on track, though. Oh, and Apple finally put a clock in the iPad 2 firmware. Can't believe it didn't have one originally.
 6 years ago '04        #142
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Sin Loc said:
androids are the chirp phones of this generation lol
That doesn't even make any sense.
 6 years ago '12        #143
spiral 
space
space
$124 | Props total: 15 15
The only big feature added is the maps revamp. Long overdue. Maps is still in beta, like I predicted. Was hoping they added some original and new features. Seems like Apple is playing catchup with maps being the biggest part of this update and adding features that were available for years via jailbreak. ehh..
 6 years ago '05        #144
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
hopefully they finally give canadian users the full power of siri
 6 years ago '04        #145
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,590 | Props total: 4153 4153
 Sin Loc said:
Truth.
 6 years ago '04        #146
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 UcantCme said:
never understood why android users come into a thread that is titled APPLE, yall are like females, just want to argue, bi*ch and moan. (this is to everyone)
This is the stupidest argument in this entire thread/section. I do not know why Apple people bring this up constantly. It is like they are tired of the facts that show none of this is innovative so they have to bring this up.

I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am in this thread because I genuinely like cell phone technology/software. If Apple came up with something awesome I would like to know it exists. It may factor into my decision to get a next phone or make me want Google to do something similar.

Furthermore, sometimes I learn stuff by coming into threads like this. I had yet to read up on Google Wallet until I saw the Apple Passbook feature (because my old sh*tty phone doesn't have NFC technology). Now I know more about Google Wallet.

Same sh*t happens in Android threads:

Only difference is in those threads most of the Apple posts aren't about how Google is bringing nothing innovative to the new technology.
 6 years ago '05        #147
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 lilsnatch770 said:
This is the stupidest argument in this entire thread/section. I do not know why Apple people bring this up constantly. It is like they are tired of the facts that show none of this is innovative so they have to bring this up.

I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am in this thread because I genuinely like cell phone technology/software. If Apple came up with something awesome I would like to know it exists. It may factor into my decision to get a next phone or make me want Google to do something similar.

Furthermore, sometimes I learn stuff by coming into threads like this. I had yet to read up on Google Wallet until I saw the Apple Passbook feature (because my old sh*tty phone doesn't have NFC technology). Now I know more about Google Wallet.

Only difference is in those threads most of the Apple posts aren't about how Google is bringing nothing innovative to the new technology.

[pic - click to view]

06-12-2012, 12:56 PM         #148
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sin Loc said:
I guess u can also say that about the iphone…..its already on cricket and its coming to boost at the end of the month and virgin is going get it soon…..lame a.ss n*ggaz thinking phones are some kind of status symbol beefing over companies yall don’t own
 6 years ago '08        #149
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 2079 2079
You n*ggas still at in this thread?
 6 years ago '05        #150
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
 xeduran said:
Gingerbread does not have swipe to send an sms. Swipe to end call was supported I think, but not swipe to send an sms. That was added exclusively in ICS. If you have it, then you are running a ROM or it is part of a UI like Sense, TouchWiz, etc.

I am 100% positive of this. I have Gingerbread on a backup and ICS as my daily. Gingerbread does not have swipe to send sms from an incoming call. If you do not believe, read up on the ICS release and you will see that the feature was mentioned as being new.

Anyway back on subject. I am glad IOS users are getting more functionality. Better for all of us. Improvements are always good, even if the idea comes from somewhere else. Like I have said before, it would suck if I could only get an LED TV from Vizio because they patented it. Or only online features from Sony because they had a patent. Same applies to phones. The more they can share, the better it is for us. Some people enjoy IOS more than Android and vice versa. It sucks when one has a feature that the other does not, especially if we do not want to change OSes for one feature.
so no one extracted that feature to port gingerbread? my current phone doesnt have any roms
 6 years ago '05        #151
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 xeduran said:
It's called ICS. ICS created the feature. When you receive a call in ICS you can swipe left to deny the call, swipe right to answer the call, or swipe up to send an sms message. Three of the responses are the exact same as what Apple is using now. It was showcased with ICS. Where have you been that you do not know this?

I posted a few links with some pictures of the feature in ICS in this thread.
 Special Edd said:
time out tho..

my gingerbread has it when a call is coming it. its older then ics
 PhrozenMenace said:
sh*t i must be fuking up,im on gingerbread too and i dont have that...maybe i have to go to settings? is it that reject with a message ish?
Ed that's cause you're on the S II with Touchwiz. Touchwiz been had this feature. I've had it on my Epic 4G when I was still rockin Eclair.

And to think, n*ggas try to hate on Touchwiz.
 6 years ago '11        #152
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
 layzie8171 said:
but android devices came like this stock. no need to do all that extra bullsh*t. and pretty much all of this "new" sh*t has already been out for years. its sad that apple stans get hyped about something thats been out for years
Jailbreaking an iphone is incredibly easy compared to rooting your android phone, so it's not a big deal at all. Plus, in order for android users to update their software they have to buy a new phone!
 6 years ago '04        #153
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 UcantCme said:
why you so mad?

if you dont like iphones then dont buy one...its really that simple.

never understood why android users come into a thread that is titled APPLE, yall are like females, just want to argue, bi*ch and moan. (this is to everyone)
because bickering about what phone someone has is serious business.

Shocked to see the 3GS get iOS 6 though. Which Android phone has this type of update support after 3 years of being out?
 6 years ago '04        #154
space
space
 Firestarr said:
its actually been pretty smooth i been running it since last night.. no serious issues at all so far.. The Siri Updates tho>>>>>>>

registered my UDID for $3 on Ebay

here is links to the beta
how's the battery life?
 6 years ago '06        #155
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
 NateRight said:
Jailbreaking an iphone is incredibly easy compared to rooting your android phone, so it's not a big deal at all. Plus, in order for android users to update their software they have to buy a new phone!
same with android. and yes a lot of android phones dont get updates, but those are not the top tier ones. the more known/upscale wise phones get the update. but thats totally different when there is only one iphone that gets updates but they dont fix anything
 6 years ago '04        #156
space
space
 layzie8171 said:
same with android. and yes a lot of android phones dont get updates, but those are not the top tier ones. the more known/upscale wise phones get the update. but thats totally different when there is only one iphone that gets updates but they dont fix anything
but 3 iPhones are getting the update, 2 iPads and the latest iPod touch.
3GS, 4, and 4S. 3GS is 3 years old and it's getting it. That's not "top tier" either..each update fixes bugs. Is it safe to say you don't know what you are talking about?
 6 years ago '06        #157
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
 famoussasjohn said:
but 3 iPhones are getting the update, 2 iPads and the latest iPod touch.
3GS, 4, and 4S. 3GS is 3 years old and it's getting it. That's not "top tier" either..each update fixes bugs. Is it safe to say you don't know what you are talking about?
how are those not top tier when they where the only ones to come out at that time. many different android phones come out each year, not just one a year and thats it. so yes those are stil top tier because they are the only ones they had. so no its not safe to say that. and each update says they fix bugs but they really just mask them. i know, i have a 4s so i see it all with my own eyes also
 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM         #158
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhrozenMenace said:
so no one extracted that feature to port gingerbread? my current phone doesnt have any roms
No, without a UI, Gingerbread does not support that feature.
 6 years ago '10        #159
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,912 | Props total: 37 37
 lilsnatch770 said:

thats fine...you learn by reading not talking..

and if it wasnt anything new whats the point instarting a apple/android arguement?

sh*t gets old....you gotta go thru all the bullsh*t argueing to finally find something that someone says that actually pertains to the article.
 6 years ago '04        #160
space
space
 layzie8171 said:
how are those not top tier when they where the only ones to come out at that time. many different android phones come out each year, not just one a year and thats it. so yes those are stil top tier because they are the only ones they had. so no its not safe to say that. and each update says they fix bugs but they really just mask them. i know, i have a 4s so i see it all with my own eyes also
Have you bothered looking up specs of a 3GS? It has a 600MHz processor 256 MB RAM, I'd say those are pretty close or below a lot of lower end Android devices. This device will go through 3 major updates, unlike many Android devices, even higher end devices. I've had the 4 since it launched, and they have fixed numerous bugs and security issues, the PDF jailbreak that Comex released was a security vulnerability that Apple patched not even 2 weeks after it was out. It no longer works.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy