Apple unveils iOS 6 at WWDC Siri updates, new maps over 200 new features!

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
48 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,893 | Props total: 2001 2001
 mrfreak76 said:
The problem with that question is, other than Passbook and Siri updates we don't know what else is new. Apple has stated that there are over 200 new features and Apple only talked about 9
I understand that but don't you think Apple would be smart enough to highlight nine BIG features today? I mean do you think any of the other 191 features are going to be mind blowing? Wouldn't they show those off to create buzz?

I just don't see anything that is like damn how does Android not have that or wow I need to get an IPhone so I can get that!
 6 years ago '07        #42
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700 OP
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
how do i get the beta
You need to be a Developer or know someone that is...or wait for it to be JB
 6 years ago '07        #43
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
I understand that but don't you think Apple would be smart enough to highlight nine BIG features today? I mean do you think any of the other 191 features are going to be mind blowing? Wouldn't they show those off to create buzz?

I just don't see anything that is like damn how does Android not have that or wow I need to get an IPhone so I can get that!
True, but they did announce new hardware and a preview for Mountain Lion. They will talk more about iOS 6 when they Announce the iPhone 5 in September/October (you know there will be a new feature that only the iPhone 5 will have running iOS 6). This is how is doing things now.
 6 years ago '04        #44
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
how do i get the beta
Pay $5-$10 to get your devices UDID added to a dev account. The beta is also readily available on the internet. Google UDID registration. Tons of people do it.
 6 years ago '07        #45
space
space
 hockeythug said:
Pay $5-$10 to get your devices UDID added to a dev account. The beta is also readily available on the internet. Google UDID registration. Tons of people do it.
 6 years ago '04        #46
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 mrfreak76 said:
yeah, if you want to pay $100.
 6 years ago '04        #47
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2424 2424
 Y.G. said:
Good. You can't leave Android. Once you're in, you're in.
The only way out is a box
 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM         #48
danieldengi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just installed the beta on my phone. This sh*t is dope. I think the problem is people expect mind-blowing sh*t from Apple. It's not about adding feature after feature. It's about getting sh*t done properly....that's what matters at the end, not who gets there first.

If anyone is wondering...the new Maps App is dope. I really can't believe they were able to sh*t on one of Google's main products just like this.

Google really lost on this one.... especially when developers are going to have to ditch the old Maps integration for this in their apps. That's alot of data Google just lost.

There's also alot of other UI enhancements throughout the OS.

Last edited by danieldengi; 06-11-2012 at 05:55 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #49
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
 danieldengi said:
Just installed the beta on my phone. This sh*t is dope. I think the problem is people expect mind-blowing sh*t from Apple. It's not about adding feature after feature. It's about getting sh*t done properly....that's what matters at the end, not who gets there first.

If anyone is wondering...the new Maps App is dope. I really can't believe they were able to sh*t on one of Google's main products just like this.

Google really lost on this one.... especially when developers are going to have to ditch the old Maps integration for this in their apps. That's alot of data Google just lost.

Tell me how they sh*tted on google maps.
 06-11-2012, 06:10 PM         #50
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrfreak76 said:
Traffic reports

[pic - click to view]

Turn by turn

[pic - click to view]

servesurite said:
android been had all this sh*t.

and its big news cuz ios is finally getting it?

this cant be life
 mrfreak76 said:
Justifying that Android phone purchase I see.
cause u not trying to justify ur iPhone purchase right?

06-11-2012, 06:12 PM         #51
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jussn Kredible said:
i see wut apple is doin with those car partnerships...u go to get a new car, dealer says 'and do u have an iphone? well here is this Siri integration button'...so naturally u want to bring out the full potential of ur whip, as its a big investment..now ur more inclined to go out and get the iphone to go into ur new car..smart move
Microsoft has this already with Sync
 6 years ago '04        #52
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
Android has all of this.
 06-11-2012, 06:17 PM         #53
danieldengi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Maps is one of the most, if not the most, useful apps on a mobile device. It's a HUGE data mine that Google has a lot of control over. They run the mobile Map game all across the board. Now, a huge chunk of their data has just been taken from them just like that.

Apple has the App game on lock by this point. Think about all the future Apps that will be produced that will now never use Google Maps. That's not good for Google.

As for the usability of the App, it's light years ahead of the previous maps app on iOS and is finally the same quality as the Android Maps app.
 06-11-2012, 06:17 PM         #54
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
fitting all that on a smaller screen?
 6 years ago '04        #55
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Nu Tymez said:
I don't understand why people can't just like both iOS and Android?? I can't be the only one
it's not about 'liking' one or the other or both, it's about which one is better. as people already pointed out android does just about everything ios does and a lot more.
 6 years ago '04        #56
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 danieldengi said:
Maps is one of the most, if not the most, useful apps on a mobile device. It's a HUGE data mine that Google has a lot of control over. They run the mobile Map game all across the board. Now, a huge chunk of their data has just been taken from them just like that.

Apple has the App game on lock by this point. Think about all the future Apps that will be produced that will now never use Google Maps. That's not good for Google.

As for the usability of the App, it's light years ahead of the previous maps app on iOS and is finally the same quality as the Android Maps app.
you're right, but Im pretty sure google maps will still be available in the appstore. so people will have a choice as to which one they use
 06-11-2012, 06:27 PM         #57
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the only reason none of this is wow to me is you could do almost all of that with a jailbroken iphone....
 6 years ago '04        #58
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
 danieldengi said:

[pic - click to view]

About time facetime came to cellular. Also, the new "Do not disturb" function will be nice.

Last edited by tdm2000; 06-11-2012 at 06:31 PM..
 06-11-2012, 06:28 PM         #59
danieldengi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
you're right, but Im pretty sure google maps will still be available in the appstore. so people will have a choice as to which one they use
Maybe, but I think 99% of people are going to love this new map app enough and not seek out an alternative in the app store.
 06-11-2012, 06:29 PM         #60
danieldengi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tdm2000 said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy