Jun 11 - Woman got $2.1 million tax refund off of false Turbotax claim

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
9042 pageviews
55 comments

jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544
space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 0 0
Jun 11 - Woman got $2.1 million tax refund off of false Turbotax claim

[pic - click to view]

An Oregon woman who allegedly received a $2.1 million tax refund after filing a false claim has been caught following a $200,000 spending spree.

Krystle Marie Reyes of Salem was arrested Wednesday for what is believed to be the largest case of fraud in the state of Oregon.

The 25-year-old used TurboTax to falsely report wages of $3 million on her 2011 personal income tax return, according to an affidavit obtained by The Oregonian. Reyes used the software's tax calculator to claim a refund of $2.1 million.

Turbotax issued Reyes a Visa card with the refund amount after Oregon approved the sum.

The affidavit states that Oregon revenue officials only discovered the fraud when Reyes reported the card that contained the seven-figure sum lost.

Reyes had already spent more than $200,000 on a car and other items by the time authorities got wind of the situation.

Surveillance video allegedly caught Reyes using the card to make purchases at several different businesses in Salem, The Oregonian reports. She also signed her name and provided her address for some of the transactions.

Several officials within the Oregon Revenue Department had to examine Reyes’s electronic return before her sizeable refund was approved.

The scam was still able to slip through the cracks.

Derrick Gasperini, communicatios director for the state agency, told The Oregonian Thursday that the refund was approved due to "human error."

"Our processing system did flag (Reyes' tax return) for manual review," Gasperini said. "We manually reviewed it and our internal controls failed. Someone did approve a $2.1 million refund.”

Co-chair of Oregon’s House Revenue Committee Rep. Vicki Berger, R-Salem, was enraged by the oversight.

"They've got some explaining to do to restore the confidence of Oregonians," Salem said.

"Is this is an anomaly? If so, let's make sure it never happens again. Or do we have a systematic problem in the way the Department of Revenue treats this and other transactions?" she added.

Intuit, the company that owns Turbo Tax, has since returned $1.9 million to the state.

Reyes will appear in court on July 5th. She will faces charges of aggravated theft and computer crime.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Woman arrested for falsely claiming $2.1 million tax refund - NY Daily News

Last edited by jlandryst; 06-11-2012 at 07:58 AM..

55 comments for "Jun 11 - Woman got $2.1 million tax refund off of false Turbotax claim"

5 years ago '08        #2
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,736 | Props total: 1216 1216
she fu*ked herself up, what a retard who the fu*k reports something lost after they themselves steal it. wtf fu*king dumbass bi*ch

I'm legit pissed what a fu*king opportunity I would've left the country with that money bruh

/rant
 5 years ago '11        #3
tfc1193 70 heat pts70
space
space
$6,227 | Props total: 2739 2739
nah fu*k that.. don't fu*k around with the IRS
 5 years ago '05        #4
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
She dumb as a box of rocks, u got away with it, but lose the card, so you report it? fu*king idiot..
 5 years ago '11        #5
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
She should have took the first flight to a country with no extradition treaty with the US .

5 years ago '05        #6
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,372 | Props total: 8050 8050
 Trolling said:
She should have took the first flight to a country with no extradition treaty with the US .

this
 5 years ago '04        #7
jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544 OP
space
space
 Trolling said:

TattooedMPsz said:
this
I guess you didn't read the Key part the money was on a pre-paid debit card they could have just frozen the card.
 5 years ago '06        #8
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,668 | Props total: 1371 1371
 HYFR said:
I'm returning that money RIGHT back. IRS don't fu*k around...
She stole the money on purpose, why would she return it?

But anyway, why did she go so large w/ the fake income? She probably heard of somebody doing it on a smaller scale, $200,000 or 300,000. She went for the gusto $3,000,000.
 5 years ago '06        #9
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 jlandryst said:
I guess you didn't read the Key part the money was on a pre-paid debit card they could have just frozen the card.
I guess you didn't read the part that said they didn't catch her until she reported the card lost. And you can still get cash from the atm off a debit card.
 5 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 datnolaboy said:
I guess you didn't read the part that said they didn't catch her until she reported the card lost. And you can still get cash from the atm off a debit card.
they would have found out sooner or later especially if she in a foreign country taking out chunks of money.She not gonna spend 2.1 Mil in a month or even be able to take all of it out those thing have daily spend and withdrawal limits.
 5 years ago '06        #11
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 jlandryst said:
they would have found out sooner or later especially if she in a foreign country taking out chunks of money.She not gonna spend 2.1 Mil in a month or even be able to take all of it out those thing have daily spend and withdrawal limits.
it doesn't say when she got the card but i would a.ssume in the past few months. she got away with spending $200,000 in that time, that's 10% of all that money in a few months. she was on pace to spend it all before christmas. they prolly wouldn't have caught her if she wasn't so greedy and dumb.

She prolly left that card in her pants pocket. Now she in jail for life.
 5 years ago '11        #12
Chase D 59 heat pts59
space
space
$1,221 | Props total: 72 72
damnnnnnnnnnnnnn what a dumb chick .... she could have gotten away wit it to smh
 5 years ago '11        #13
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
 jlandryst said:
I guess you never thought about ordering cashiers checks and then cashing them for bearer bonds.

5 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 Trolling said:
I guess you never thought about ordering cashiers checks and then cashing them for bearer bonds.

you asking for too much from her and you cant buy cashiers checks, money orders, travelers checks or gift cards with a debit card they want straight cash
 5 years ago '10        #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
i just wonder what this fat slob said her job was..
 5 years ago '11        #16
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
 jlandryst said:
you asking for too much from her and you cant buy cashiers checks, money orders, travelers checks or gift cards with a debit card they want straight cash
I meant to say call Turbo Tax and ask them for a certified check in the full amount . Which I'm sure they will accommodate . If not in small increments but yea your right

I'm asking too much from her .
 5 years ago '04        #17
shortz 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,607 | Props total: 1507 1507
how da fu*k u lose ur card that has over 2 mil on it...fu*k it give her the death penalty
 5 years ago '06        #18
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,544 | Props total: 201 201
 shortz said:
how da fu*k u lose ur card that has over 2 mil on it...fu*k it give her the death penalty
 5 years ago '09        #19
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
This bi*ch just forgot to put in the decimal points with her $30k job...seen that sh*t and ends up with with a cool $2milly and then blows herself in....only in fu*kin America does it "SLIP" through the government on "human error" in the first place...listing Starbucks as her employer wasn't a clue?

It's fu*kin 2012...why we still even doin tax returns? Gimme my fu*kin money I work for up-front!
I pay taxes for what? My corrupt a.ss government and their promised "safety"....suuuuuuuuure
 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM         #20
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Geezy said:
This bi*ch just forgot to put in the decimal points with her $30k job...seen that sh*t and ends up with with a cool $2milly and then blows herself in....only in fu*kin America does it "SLIP" through the government on "human error" in the first place...listing Starbucks as her employer wasn't a clue?

It's fu*kin 2012...why we still even doin tax returns? Gimme my fu*kin money I work for up-front!
I pay taxes for what? My corrupt a.ss government and their promised "safety"....suuuuuuuuure
This...

I laugh when people call themselves a tax payer like its some noble deed to the the greater cause of society and as if they are entitled to something... you dont pay taxes, THEY take it

to stay on topic though,that bi*ch is the alpha dunce
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago