Duane Ford Speaks about Fight (Judge)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #82
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 wjcorner said:
you can land more punches and lose a round...
i didnt say u couldnt.but in this case,we all kno who landed tha harder shots,so what would be tha basis for givin rnd 6 to bradley,when manny landed double his shots,plus much harder shots
 6 years ago '12        #83
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt say it was just used in hbo analysis.i said its mainly used in hbo analysis,and as i said it holds no weight in anything.its not like stats because its more subject to opinion and mistake than in any otha sport

compubox says bradley landed 10 punches to mannys 24 in rnd 6 and u somehow gave him that round lol.that should sum up tha relevancy of compubox.either your own eyes or compubox is horribly inaccurate.which is it?

[pic - click to view]

you said
 r.burgundy said:
well,its not really used for anything otha than hbo analysis
that's far from the truth. i was right to call you out on that.

and so many statistics are subjective in all sports, not just boxing. think having possession in football, or a.ssists in basketball, or balls and strikes in baseball. to name a few. but most of the time, we get those things right, and compubox is no different.

and quoting me on my round 6 in favor of bradley. yes pacman landed more punches but this might surprise you, but # of punches landed isn't a criteria for judging a round to be technical. the criteria for a boxing judge to score a round are as follows:

a. effective aggression
b. defense
c. ring generalship
d. clean and hard punching

pac landed more punches in that round they weren't all clean shots (compubox counts if a punch is connected, could be a glancing blow, not whether it is a clean hit or not). i thought bradley landed the harder and cleaner shots than pacman did that round. he was also a better ring general and a better defender that round.

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 03:55 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #84
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 xRapHeadx said:
2nd time...6-5-1 Bradley. Really close f!ght.
exactly my thoughts.

n*ggas forgetting all those punches pacquiao missed and tried to pass them off as him "hurting" Bradley. fu*k outta here. they
 6 years ago '11        #85
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2667 2667
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt say u couldnt.but in this case,we all kno who landed tha harder shots,so what would be tha basis for givin rnd 6 to bradley,when manny landed double his shots,plus much harder shots
I mean personally I think compuscore is the casual fan's crutch and and can't see how anybody could give Bradley anything but 1, 10, 11, and 12 and those last ones are a stretchhhhh...but I was just saying maybe dude thought Bradley had the more meaningful punches that round. I grade rounds differently by giving each person their own grade on a 10 point scale and I had Pac at a 7 and Brad at a 3 so i don't see how he sees that as a Bradley round personally
 6 years ago '07        #86
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
you said

that's far from the truth. i was right to call you out on that.

and so many statistics are subjective in all sports, not just boxing. think having possession in football, or a.ssists in basketball, or balls and strikes in baseball. to name a few. but most of the time, we get those things right, and compubox is no different.

and quoting me on my round 6 in favor of bradley. yes pacman landed more punches but this might surprise you, but # of punches landed isn't a criteria for judging a round. the criteria for a boxing judge to score a round are as follows:

a. effective aggression
b. defense
c. ring generalship
d. clean and hard punching

although pac landed more punches they weren't all clean shots, and alot of those extra punches were jabs. i thought bradley landed more clean and hard shots than pacman did that round. look at the power punches stat for that round. they were very close in that round.

as far as round 6
compubox is a big difference because not everybody agrees on what a clean punch is.only value it holds is for opinion as statistical data is useless in boxing.useless as in punch stats serve no purpose to sanctioning bodies,or h.o.f consideration,or even overturnin bad decisions.

18 to 5 powershots is close?
 6 years ago '12        #87
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
compubox is a big difference because not everybody agrees on what a clean punch is.only value it holds is for opinion as statistical data is useless in boxing.useless as in punch stats serve no purpose to sanctioning bodies,or h.o.f consideration,or even overturnin bad decisions.

18 to 5 powershots is close?
i think most people agree on what a clean punch is.

here's a definition i found
Clean Punch: A clean punch is any legal punch within a boxing contest, as opposed to an illegal punch or blow. A punch that lands cleanly lands making complete, flush contact.

[video - click to view]

everyone would agree those last two punches are by ali are clean. there is some gray area sometimes, but generally most guys agree what a clean punch is and what isn't. punching stats are not useless in boxing. just because it's not used in decisions or hall of fame consideration doesn't make it useless. i think and many people think compubox serves as good barometer for giving an idea of what happened in a f!ght. that's why it's used widely in the sport.

and you're right. i glanced over it real quickly and it was the jab stats that were close not the power punches. but like i said, compubox counts punches clean or not. in that round, i personally felt like bradley landed more clean and hard punches. if i remember correctly he made pacman's head snap a couple times. but hey, i could be wrong. big deal. no way bradley should win that f!ght regardless.

Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 03:11 PM..
 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM         #88
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kalon said:
exactly my thoughts.

n*ggas forgetting all those punches pacquiao missed and tried to pass them off as him "hurting" Bradley. fu*k outta here. they
 6 years ago '07        #89
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
i think most people agree on what a clean punch is.

everyone would agree those last two punches are by ali are clean. there is some gray area sometimes, but generally most guys agree what a clean punch is and what isn't. punching stats are not useless in boxing. just because it's not used in decisions or hall of fame consideration doesn't make it useless. i think and many people think compubox serves as good barometer for giving an idea of what happened in a f!ght. that's why it's used widely in the sport.

and you're right. i glanced over it real quickly and it was the jab stats that were close not the power punches. but like i said, compubox counts punches clean or not. in that round, i personally felt like bradley landed more clean and hard punches. if i remember correctly he made pacman's head snap a couple times. but hey, i could be wrong. big deal. no way bradley should win that f!ght regardless.
if that was tha case we wouldnt be havin this discussion lol.manny clearly landed more clean punches than tim in majority of that f!ght

its used mainly to pacify fans

i dont think u remember correctly,but either way we both kno manny deserved that f!ght
 6 years ago '12        #90
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
if that was tha case we wouldnt be havin this discussion lol.manny clearly landed more clean punches than tim in majority of that f!ght

its used mainly to pacify fans

i dont think u remember correctly,but either way we both kno manny deserved that f!ght
i don't think anyone is debating what a clean punch was to be honest. there is a clear definition for what a clean punch is.

Clean Punch: A clean punch is any legal punch within a boxing contest, as opposed to an illegal punch or blow. A punch that lands cleanly lands making complete, flush contact.

to me, boxing fans, and most casual fans i think it's obvious what a clean punch is. to me it's like judging possession in football or calling an a.ssist in basketball. it's not any different. i really doubt there is an argument about what a clean punch is in the boxing community.

and i agree that manny landed more clean punches throughout the f!ght. that's a big reason i had him winning. and the compubox numbers support my claim.

and i think compubox serves a bigger purpose than you state. it's not used to pacify fans. if that's the case it wouldn't be used in training sessions. and most people in boxing give credibilty to compubox. i'm not saying it's perfect and sometimes it leads to conclusions that are wrong in certain rounds but most of the time the stats will agree with the eye test for the vast majority of rounds for the largest number of people. at least that's my opinion. a vast majority agree that pacquiao won and compubox was consitent with that notion. there's always going to be the fringe that disagrees, whether it be fans or experts.

maybe it was round 10 i'm remembering instead of 6. i don't know. atleast we can both agree that pacman won.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 10:16 PM..
 06-11-2012, 03:28 PM         #91
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
manny did not land more clean punches through out the f!ght, he landed harder punches through out the f!ght.

bradley landed more clean punches through out the f!ght.

that is my unbiased opinion from my point of view after watching the f!ght a third time.

i dont understand how anyone could give manny 1 or 2 . 3 could go either way

456 were mannys 7 was real close 8 - 12 were all bradley

the f!ght was close. and maybe bradley didnt deserve to win against manny in a close decision

but he did

and imo he just won more rounds!
 6 years ago '07        #92
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 hollatchadude said:
manny did not land more clean punches through out the f!ght, he landed harder punches through out the f!ght.

bradley landed more clean punches through out the f!ght.

that is my unbiased opinion from my point of view after watching the f!ght a third time.

i dont understand how anyone could give manny 1 or 2 . 3 could go either way

456 were mannys 7 was real close 8 - 12 were all bradley

the f!ght was close. and maybe bradley didnt deserve to win against manny in a close decision

but he did

and imo he just won more rounds!
were u watchin from tha nosebleed seats?i remember exactly 3 bradley punches.a nice body shot in tha 1st,a good head shot at tha end of rnd 7 i think and a good body shot in rnd 10.tim barely landed anything clean or wit authority
 6 years ago '09        #93
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt say it was just used in hbo analysis.i said its mainly used in hbo analysis,and as i said it holds no weight in anything.its not like stats because its more subject to opinion and mistake than in any otha sport

compubox says bradley landed 10 punches to mannys 24 in rnd 6 and u somehow gave him that round lol.that should sum up tha relevancy of compubox.either your own eyes or compubox is horribly inaccurate.which is it?

[pic - click to view]

He didn't land 24 punches in that round. That's the entire point why Compubox is worthless. Go and count punches that round.
 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM         #94
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
seriously with out bias...take into account bradleys defense and ring generalship. he made manny miss more than anyone in his last 4 or 5 f!ghts. pac man never really landed more than 1 at a time except for some instances when threw like six and landed 2.

bradley also had less damage at the end of the f!ght after he supposedly ate left hands all night.

why didnt he look like cotto, or margarito, or clottey, or shane after the f!ght???

even marquez took more damage from manny than bradley did!
 6 years ago '12        #95
kej718 252 heat pts252
space
space
space
$4,119 | Props total: 3495 3495
When watching it the first time I thought Pacman won but after re-watching it the commentary was very biased and punch stats did not seem to reflect what I saw happening round by round.
Pacman had a few rounds where he did not do anything for the first 2 min and tried to steal the round in the last minute like in the 1,2 and 8th rounds. Rd 2 and 8 was given to Bradley by 2 of the judges.
All 3 judges gave Bradley the 7th round (HBO did not)
Looking at some of the exchanges they were giving pacman credit for punches he was not landing like in the 6th and 10th.
I thought Pacman won the early rounds and Bradley started to come on in the later rounds 9-12.
post your score cards if you have them.
Gave Bradley 1,6,7,9,10,11,12
Pacman 2,3,4,5,8

115-113 Bradley going to watch it again later (epecailly the round where compubox I believe was inaccurate like the 6th and 10th)

Also pay attention to round 2 and 8 Seemed like Bradley was landing more.
 6 years ago '04        #96
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 kej718 said:
When watching it the first time I thought Pacman won but after re-watching it the commentary was very biased and punch stats did not seem to reflect what I saw happening round by round.
Pacman had a few rounds where he did not do anything for the first 2 min and tried to steal the round in the last minute like in the 1,2 and 8th rounds. Rd 2 and 8 was given to Bradley by 2 of the judges.
Looking at some of the exchanges they were giving pacman credit for punches he was not landing like in the 6th and 10th.
I thought Pacman won the early rounds and Bradley started to come on in the later rounds 9-12.
Pacman 2,3,4,5,8

115-113 Bradley going to watch it again later (epecailly the round where compubox I believe was inaccurate like the 6th and 10th)

good points you made, the first time i watched the f!ght i thought pacman won too and even then i was like eeeh the commentators were giving pacman a lot of credit for misses but still thought
bradley won rounds 1, 9-12 and pac man 2-8
but i watched it a second and third time and i got bradley winning it 7 rounds to 5
i think bradley won rounds 1,2, 8-12 and pacman 3-7 with rounds 2, 6-8 being very very close
so imo 115-113 bradley is right or at worse a draw but i dont think pacman won the f!ght
 6 years ago '05        #97
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 xRapHeadx said:
He didn't land 24 punches in that round. That's the entire point why Compubox is worthless. Go and count punches that round.
i just re-watched an i counted 23
 6 years ago '05        #98
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
there were alott of close rounds due to the fact that manny didnt f!ght till the last minute

i dunno why im tryna justify this sh*t, because as much as you TRY and sympathize with the judges, manny still won
 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM         #99
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kej718 said:
Pacman 2,3,4,5,8

thats exactly what i was saying from the start!
 06-11-2012, 08:44 PM         #100
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd fans discrediting the punch stats but run to the same punch stats to show how great he is...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy