NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #61
MADIA 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
anyone who watched the f!ght in full knows whats up. the judges had an agenda, wether it was a "fix", had to do with money, or bob arum, i dont know. but what i do know, no matter what arguments are made, is the decision was wrong. by A LOT. there should def be a formal outside investigation. a lot of ppl got turned off by boxing on saturday and if people think the decisions arent honest, they wont be spending their money on the sport anytime soon.
 06-11-2012, 01:04 PM         #62
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
since I don't know alot about boxing, or how to judge a f!ght, I can't say for certain. I'm just going by the numbers I saw.

THere's one way I think can fix all this sh*t....f!ght TO THE death!!!

Ok, not death, but until someone just cant f!ght anymore. take the judges part out of it. sports that have judges suck, including baseball with that strike zone bullsh*t. the nba and football are close with the refs, but atleast they are starting to use replay.
 6 years ago '12        #63
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
 djinferno said:
Yup, Pac missed a hole lot yet he was getting compubox scores
and you know this how?

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 6 years ago '07        #64
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 EnlightenMe said:
no, my eyes are damn good enough as a source. i watched the f!ght twice and there is absolutely no way in hell that bradley won the f!ght. sh*t wasn't even close. only rounds i gave bradley were 6 and 10. all i was saying about compubox was that there is no evidence to suggest that it isn't accurate.
compubox isnt meant to be and end-all to any argument and it really holds no value bein that its not a tool judges can use.and no its not 100% accurate

thats also funny u gave bradley 6 when all 3 judges gav that rnd to manny.see how that works

wit that said,i still see no possible way in which bradley won 7 rnds
 6 years ago '07        #65
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,080 | Props total: 1522 1522
 EnlightenMe said:
no, my eyes are damn good enough as a source. i watched the f!ght twice and there is absolutely no way in hell that bradley won the f!ght. sh*t wasn't even close. only rounds i gave bradley were 6 and 10 and that was without me knowing what the round by round stats were for the f!ght. all i was saying about compubox was that there is no evidence to suggest that it isn't accurate.
Round one is posted in a thread in this section right now.

I want you to honestly look at that round, and that round only. Then go back and look at the compubox numbers, and tell me if you think they are accurate.

If you believe so then idk what else to tell you. I respect your opinion tho, but when I watched round one LIVE after the bell rung, and they posted the stats and lederman's card, and the announcers started praising pacman, I was just scratching my head

I watched it again today sober and I still am scratching my head, cuz Bradley IMO, kept Pac in check for 2:40, connecting more, creating the tempo, and pac did a wild flurry and connected four times, and won the round? he connected more than those for, but I don't believe he connected what was it like 8 more times than Bradley? I don't think so.
 6 years ago '12        #66
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
compubox isnt meant to be and end-all to any argument and it really holds no value bein that its not a tool judges can use.and no its not 100% accurate

thats also funny u gave bradley 6 when all 3 judges gav that rnd to manny.see how that works

wit that said,i still see no possible way in which bradley won 7 rnds
who said it was 100% accurate? it's accurate enough that it's used and trusted in boxing matches all around the world. and so what if all the judges gave manny that round? these are the same judges that said pacquiao lost the f!ght.

you and i, and the vast majority of boxing experts and fans agree thought pacquiao won, and by a wide margin.

Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 01:22 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #67
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
they said pac landed 22 in that round, round 1. show me where he landed 22 punches lol

he did not land 22 punches
 6 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
who said it was 100% accurate? it's accurate enough that it's used and trusted in boxing matches all around the world. and so what if all the judges gave manny that round? these are the same judges that said pacquiao lost the f!ght.

you and i, and the vast majority of boxing experts and fans agree thought pacquiao won, and by a wide margin.
well,its not really used for anything otha than hbo analysis.it doesnt hold much weight,nor does it have anything to do wit outcomes of f!ghts

it should show u tha inaccuracy of compubox if u think he won that rnd

i didnt think pac won every rnd but i thought no way he could lose a decision.i thought being generous,at most u can give bradley 5 rnds,but 7 is just lunacy
 6 years ago '05        #69
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
a crowd full of pac fans and d!ckridin commentators did add alot to the shock value of the result......

it was 'kinda' close, but pac def won.......
 6 years ago '12        #70
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
well,its not really used for anything otha than hbo analysis.it doesnt hold much weight,nor does it have anything to do wit outcomes of f!ghts

it should show u tha inaccuracy of compubox if u think he won that rnd

i didnt think pac won every rnd but i thought no way he could lose a decision.i thought being generous,at most u can give bradley 5 rnds,but 7 is just lunacy
you have no idea what you're talking about. it's not just used in hbo analysis.

"CompuBox’s clients include HBO, Showtime (boxing & mma), NBC, ESPN, EPIX, TopRank PPV, HD Net (MMA), Broadway Boxing, BoxingScene.com, BadLeftHook.com, Custom Special Tees, Inc. (f!ght Program Content), and various Pay Per View promotions.

CompuBox Inc. has been hired by trainers Eddie Futch, Emmanuel Steward, Freddie Roach, Kenny Adams and Miguel Diaz and worked with champions Larry Holmes, Ray Leonard, Michael Spinks, Evander Holyfield, Mike McCallum, Pernell Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor, Mark Breland, Lennox Lewis, Oscar de la Hoya and other contenders, compiling analysis on future opponents and attending the champs/contenders training camps to evaluate sparring sessions."

it does hold weight. yes, it doesn't have any influence on the judges, but tons of boxing writers and analysts will cite them and many trainers as noted use them. it's like stats in any other sport. we use them to evaluate performance.

i thought he won the round without knowing what the stats were. clean and hard punching is a big component of how boxing is scored. manny clearly won that category. bradley in almost every round in the f!ght was throwing countless soft jabs only to keep his distance from manny. he wasn't aggressive and was being timid at times. aggressiveness is also a component of how boxing is scored by judges but apparently saturday was an exception.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 02:18 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #71
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
they said pac landed 22 in that round, round 1. show me where he landed 22 punches lol

he did not land 22 punches
no, it said he landed 11 in round 1. bradley landed 10. what stats are you quoting?

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 01:43 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #72
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
Round one is posted in a thread in this section right now.

I want you to honestly look at that round, and that round only. Then go back and look at the compubox numbers, and tell me if you think they are accurate.

If you believe so then idk what else to tell you. I respect your opinion tho, but when I watched round one LIVE after the bell rung, and they posted the stats and lederman's card, and the announcers started praising pacman, I was just scratching my head

I watched it again today sober and I still am scratching my head, cuz Bradley IMO, kept Pac in check for 2:40, connecting more, creating the tempo, and pac did a wild flurry and connected four times, and won the round? he connected more than those for, but I don't believe he connected what was it like 8 more times than Bradley? I don't think so.
i don't know how you saw what you saw because i saw something completely different. kept pac in check? how exactly? don't confuse someone throwing countless soft jabs with no intention of hitting or connecting but rather to keep his distance as controlling the f!ght or creating tempo. he was f!ghting backwards. that's not controlling the f!ght. there is a fine line between controlling the f!ght and avoiding one altogether. pac saw his openings, alot of times, late in rounds and took advantage. clean and hard punching is a big part of the equation and pacquiao dominated in that category. there aren't less points awarded for scoring late in the round as opposed to early in the round.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 03:58 PM..
 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM         #73
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EnlightenMe said:
compubox is trusted and relied upon in the sport of boxing for its accuracy. alot of boxing analysts and writers will cite them as evidence. it's used in boxing matches around the world. i'm not going to listen to a guy who sounds like his highest level of education is The Don k!lluminati: The 7 Day Theory. if you're going to make claims about it's accuracy then you need to provide some evidence from reliable sources.
watch the f!ght, with your eyes and not your heart...and you talking about my education as if you know one thing about me...is just ignorant.
 6 years ago '12        #74
space
space
 hollatchadude said:
watch the f!ght, with your eyes and not your heart...and you talking about my education as if you know one thing about me...is just ignorant.
watched it twice. once live and another time on sunday from a different broadcast in another language that was posted. pac won the f!ght. easily, i should add.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-11-2012 at 01:58 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #75
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
you have no idea what you're talking about. it's not just used in hbo analysis.

"CompuBox’s clients include HBO, Showtime (boxing & mma), NBC, ESPN, EPIX, TopRank PPV, HD Net (MMA), Broadway Boxing, BoxingScene.com, BadLeftHook.com, Custom Special Tees, Inc. (f!ght Program Content), and various Pay Per View promotions.

CompuBox Inc. has been hired by trainers Eddie Futch, Emmanuel Steward, Freddie Roach, Kenny Adams and Miguel Diaz and worked with champions Larry Holmes, Ray Leonard, Michael Spinks, Evander Holyfield, Mike McCallum, Pernell Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor, Mark Breland, Lennox Lewis, Oscar de la Hoya and other contenders, compiling analysis on future opponents and attending the champs/contenders training camps to evaluate sparring sessions."

it does hold weight. yes, it doesn't have any influence on the judges, but tons of boxing writers and analysts will cite them and many trainers as noted use them. it's like stats in any other sport. we use them to evaluate performance.

i thought he won the round without knowing what the stats were. clean and hard punching is a big component of how boxing is scored. manny clearly won that category. bradley in almost every round in the f!ght was throwing countless soft jabs only to keep his distance from manny. he wasn't aggressive and was being timid at times. aggressiveness is also a component of how boxing is scored by judges.
i didnt say it was just used in hbo analysis.i said its mainly used in hbo analysis,and as i said it holds no weight in anything.its not like stats because its more subject to opinion and mistake than in any otha sport

compubox says bradley landed 10 punches to mannys 24 in rnd 6 and u somehow gave him that round lol.that should sum up tha relevancy of compubox.either your own eyes or compubox is horribly inaccurate.which is it?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #76
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '07        #77
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt say it was just used in hbo analysis.i said its mainly used in hbo analysis,and as i said it holds no weight in anything.its not like stats because its more subject to opinion and mistake than in any otha sport

compubox says bradley landed 10 punches to mannys 24 in rnd 6 and u somehow gave him that round lol.that should sum up tha relevancy of compubox.either your own eyes or compubox is horribly inaccurate.which is it?

[pic - click to view]

lol exactly
 6 years ago '11        #78
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 r.burgundy said:

[pic - click to view]

you can land more punches and lose a round...
 6 years ago '07        #79
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
no, it said he landed 11 in round 1. bradley landed 10. what stats are you quoting?
actually my bad you're right

but the point still remains, bradley controlled the first round

Last edited by Eddie..; 06-11-2012 at 02:38 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #80
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
i don't know how you saw what you saw because i saw something completely different. kept pac in check? how exactly? don't confuse someone throwing countless soft jabs with no intention of hitting or connecting but rather to keep his distance as controlling the f!ght or creating tempo. he was f!ghting backwards. that's not controlling the f!ght. there is a fine line between controlling the f!ght and avoiding one altogether. pac saw his openings, alot of times, late in rounds and took advantage. clean and hard punching is a big part of the equation and pacquiao dominated in that category. there are no points for scoring late in the round as opposed to early in the round.
1. I said round 1
2. see my number one
3. keeping him in check by avoiding his hits, countering, and working the body up until the last 20 secs of the 1st round.

are we clear now?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy