I Can't Believe We In The Year 2012 And People Still Don't Understand Why 2pac Is The GOAT

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM         #161
ThisUsernameSux 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i respectfully disagree with this opinion
 6 years ago '10        #162
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,608 | Props total: 4363 4363
 Karamu said:
Jay and Nas lack emotion?

and define lyricism
they have a few songs out of their entire discography where they showed emotion

ill post more

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

^^^ even in song cry he was coming off as the big ego negro that he is, still funny as hell love the concept of this innovative track

eminem and 2pac show emotion in tracks throughout their discography which is why nas and jay are mostly monotone and lack emotion

and I love how yall like to ask define lyricism like its subjective, because if it was we should be calling waka flocka lyrical because of the way he approaches a track

Last edited by kiddrocay; 06-10-2012 at 02:28 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #163
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 whothebestmc said:
ok we will put monotone under flow, I mean is this in a vacuum or something? do we just ignore relapse, recovery, encore? do we just ignore subject matter?
eminem touches t more subjects then nas, jay-z. and biggie

from his crazy comedic shady personality to growing poor, being singled out because hes white, america, etc.
 6 years ago '11        #164
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Kingpin 313 said:
You just said a bunch of nothing again nobody names pac albums as the GOAT you sound like a idiot you dont speak for everybody and all that proves is that more people like that album it has nothing to do with the artist get rich or die trying had more impact than any scarface album so is 50 cent the better artist?

There's nothing else to argue about if you think nas had a bigger impact than pac you dumb nas is barley talked about now so just image 15 years after he die pac get brung back to life every year no matter if its a song or hologram
...If I said a bunch of nothing why not refute all of it then? I hate it when people act like sh*t is too easy to even argue. Well if it's that simple then make me look stupid already, it obviously isn't hard to do if I'm not saying anything...

You mad as hell too Idiot this idiot that, yet I'm not twisting words to get my points across. I'm not the one consistently reiterating points when I know they don't hold weight. I'm not ducking points against my arguments like they aren't there. I'm not the one reaching for name calling because I don't know how else to argue either.

See this is the difference between me & you. I know how to keep it civil, I don't have to resort to that immature bs like you do. You don't have any reasons as to why Nas didn't impact hip hop you just keep saying he didn't. You aren't even debating anymore, you're just making hollow statements.

Let this be a lesson to you. If you want to make a statement about the entire genre of hip hop then you better make damn sure you know enough about it to do so. As if it wasn't obvious before, for someone to call themselves "hiphopknowledge" you don't even have enough to make a cogent argument. That sh*t is hilarious.

/discussion

Kingpin 313 said:
Common versatile? Let me hear his club and party songs that people listen to

Pac got classic songs in every category of rap club songs introspective tracks storytelling dark songs nobody else could make a song about anything a classic and a hit
There's more to versatility than club & party songs just like there's more emotions than joy & pain. Common speaks on just as many topics as Pac does - then again, you don't listen to Common so you wouldn't know...
 6 years ago '11        #165
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,553 | Props total: 9456 9456
 kiddrocay said:
eminem touches t more subjects then nas, jay-z. and biggie

from his crazy comedic shady personality to growing poor, being singled out because hes white, america, etc.
we are talking about subject matter as a good thing...

in your eyes if you talk about more subjects you are better in the subject matter department?

rapper 1: subject matter= r*pe, incest, k!lling family members

rapper 2: subject matter= rags to riches

rapper 1 is better in your eyes?

we are talking subject matter, eminem rapping about nothing isn't a plus...
 6 years ago '10        #166
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 whothebestmc said:

in your eyes if you talk about more subjects you are better in the subject matter department?

but its subject matter nonetheless he gives you 2 parts of him

the crazy, sadistic, sick a.ss mother fu*ker but yet a comedian

the straight emcee

M in M

no I dont agree with his work as the shady ego but it was funny nonetheless, he wasnt serious

why do people hold that against him but when we try to hold someone like a fake rappers past people tend to get mad at it

on top of that when you get past all that and listen to marshall he touches a lot of everything
 6 years ago '11        #167
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1189 1189
How did this discussion become about Eminem?

Though i agree with kidd that skill wise, em is the best
 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM         #168
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiddrocay said:
they have a few songs out of their entire discography where they showed emotion

ill post more

^^^ even in song cry he was coming off as the big ego negro that he is, still funny as hell love the concept of this innovative track

eminem and 2pac show emotion in tracks throughout their discography which is why nas and jay are mostly monotone and lack emotion

and I love how yall like to ask define lyricism like its subjective, because if it was we should be calling waka flocka lyrical because of the way he approaches a track
im just saying, define what you think lyricism is. if you have technical skill and lyricism separated then i don't see what em has over the other 4 you mentioned
 6 years ago '11        #169
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 whothebestmc said:

You already lost this battle Eminem has more introspective songs than jay z and he has half the amount of albums
 6 years ago '10        #170
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 87 87

It's between Nas and Jay-Z, that is all.
 6 years ago '10        #171
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Karamu said:
im just saying, define what you think lyricism is. if you have technical skill and lyricism separated then i don't see what em has over the other 4 you mentioned
you can be lyrical without the technical skills to follow, pac is the best example
 06-10-2012, 03:33 PM         #172
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't deny that Pac is the greatest. Unlike eminem, Pac's struggle managed to infiltrate the hearts and minds of the opposite race because it was so damn genuine. Pac's message never once resembled that of someone childishly complaining (like eminem's asinine rants about being discriminated against) but rather a man ensuring that blacks don't let their individual success blind them from the overall struggle that will more than likely outlast any present or future listener. Pac's words would take even the most educated brother out of his suit and expensive condo by vividly recreating the times of No-Frills products and overcrowded tenaments. Pac's subject matter moved people and was free of demonic literature such as boasts about having genital warts, s3x with HIV infested women or basement s3x with other men. A small figure who didn't need to awkwardly slap on a durag or surround himself with intimidating figures with the sole purpose of creating a fraudulent image. His true self was enough to demand respect. I can go on about the most complex, gifted and down right authentic figure in hip hop history, but his catalog and legacy speaks for itself. Comparing him to that other guy is not only dispectful, but takes a certain deranged mindstate.
 5 years ago '10        #173
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 bottles said:
Funny how people always bring up things not related to music when talking about why pac is the GOAT.

People like to say he was a "solider and a real n*gga" if this is true and he thought biggie shot him,
why did he never try to do anything a "solider" or a "real n*gga" would do? People like to talk about
he was "pro-black" and "promoted unity" when he basically caused a civil war in a majorly black filled
community. People talk about how he "kept it real" but before rapping he attended a preforming arts
school and was pretty much a ballerina. Don't get it twisted i like Tupac, was he top 5? yes, was he
the best rapper in the history of rap? No, there are people who had a large impact, but also could rap better than him and that's what matters above all else in determining the greatest rapper.
Agree with you with some points. But u and the other 2pac basher makes bx look bad. 2pac got the least skeletons in his closet compared to the other greats.
 06-10-2012, 04:31 PM         #174
DL95 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mf doom is the GOAT, what other rapper has 30+ songs on my ipod
Ranked 1# on DL95's favorite rappers
go to any hip hop website that sells t shirts, and you'll see a Doom shirt, that honor is reserved exclusively for rappers.
In 2012, Operation Doomsday was selected by DL95 as one of his "12 favorite songs" it's one of only 12 modern songs on that list. Doom also had the ablity to write about cookies, cheating girlfriends and upper case letters because he's that complex. Before DOOM most rappers used lowercase.
Meaning if you spelled tupac's name you used uppercase on the first letter than used lowercase on the rest of the letters in the word.
That would change
How many other rappers use a mask on stage?
You can give me stupid facts all day, the reason I don't like tupac is because he was simple and controdicted himself to much. Also I never like his flow or voice. The reason why not all 6 billion on this earth like him is because people have opinions. It's fine if you think 2pac is the GOAT but hip hop is built on having several styles and finding which one you like. Unlike nas or jay, if you don't like pac's themes you won't really see what makes him great because he's techinically average imo.
BTW Doom really is my favorite rapper

Last edited by DL95; 06-10-2012 at 04:34 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #175
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Mocking Mind said:

It's between Nas and Jay-Z, that is all.

First time I dont agree with you mate. Jay and Nas got no statues in wax or stone
 5 years ago '10        #176
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 87 87
 uddart said:

First time I dont agree with you mate. Jay and Nas got no statues in wax or stone
I wasn't being completely serious, it's between Nas and Jay personally for me, but obviously I can see why Pac is considered the GOAT by other people.
 5 years ago '12        #177
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,670 | Props total: 22009 22009
Wanna know why Pac refused to be a rhyme scheme force? We all know that he can do it especially if you look at his poems. But Pac didn't want to do the whole rhyme scheme theme because it gets old after a while and rhyming is nothing. I could make up nonsense when rhyming and it could mean nothing.

For example this sounds like something Eminem would say:

I'll k!ll a bi*ch
Throw her in the ditch
Then r*pe her
Then have s3x with her

Does that make much sense? Not really, but that's what you might get from Marshall sometimes and I like Marshall.

The thing is Tupac could rhyme and sometimes not rhyme. That is what made him the best, he did things differently than other rappers. How many rappers you see trying not to rhyme? They find it hard not to do so.

So saying Pac isn't technical is false.

Is this too long for a certain someone not to read again? It's okay that you're in denial.
 5 years ago '11        #178
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
but its subject matter nonetheless he gives you 2 parts of him

the crazy, sadistic, sick a.ss mother fu*ker but yet a comedian

the straight emcee

M in M

no I dont agree with his work as the shady ego but it was funny nonetheless, he wasnt serious

why do people hold that against him but when we try to hold someone like a fake rappers past people tend to get mad at it

on top of that when you get past all that and listen to marshall he touches a lot of everything

subject matter is just whatever the artists chooses to talk about so sure, it is subject matter. But a rapper could rap about fu*king animals, sh*t, suicide etc and that would all be subject matter. When people talk about subject matter as a good thing, it's not for the amount of subjects you touch, it's the meaningful subjects you touch well.

and when you were discussing subject matter for eminem you broke up like 10 different things that could all be considered the same subject, you can do that for any rapper.

sorry but in my eyes, their work has to come into play at some point, if you are talking about best rapper on paper excluding their duds, then you might have an argument. But then the most balanced rapper wouldn't be any of them because their are people that flow better than em, better lyricists than em, better technical skill than em.

Kingpin 313 said:
You already lost this battle Eminem has more introspective songs than jay z and he has half the amount of albums
you still have no idea what introspective means, stop trying to use big words that you don't know the meaning of. Jay's whole career has been introspective for the most part.
 5 years ago '11        #179
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
This thread still going on my point will be proven when jay z and nas die and after a couple years nobody cares no statues or anything to celebrate there music will be made

When jay z retired everybody forgot about him that's why he came back and nas hasn't been relevant by anybody but his die hard fans for 10 years so just image when they die

Nothing else to say

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 06-11-2012 at 03:13 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #180
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
This thread still going on my point will be proven when jay z and nas die and after a couple years nobody cares no statues or anything to celebrate there music will be made

When jay z retired everybody forgot about him that's why he came back and nas hasn't been relevant by anybody but his die hard fans for 10 years so just image when they die

Nothing else to say
they won't die while they are still in their prime, and they won't even be rapping. dying on top propels you to the moon in peoples eyes.

they will be remembered how they were instead of people acting like they saved the world and overrating them like most pac stans.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy