I Can't Believe We In The Year 2012 And People Still Don't Understand Why 2pac Is The GOAT

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 9469 9469
 Kingpin 313 said:
Name calling doesn't help your case it just looks like
you and him are both idiots, I'm just pointing it out to you guys.

He uses abbreviations like dey for they, you don't know the difference between there/their/they're.

@ your life

jay/nas>pac

iggy azaela dubbed the next tupac

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-10-2012 at 12:56 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #122
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 4498 4498
I can respect anyone saying pac isnt the goat but yall blatantly disrespect the dood like yalls fav. rappers were actually about something

the fu*k is jay-z, he rapping about someones elses life most of the time

nas is my fav. rapper ever but he aint about nothing, he rapping about the life around him

biggie wasnt no frank white like the stanlys say, he was well tooken care of

pac grew up poor, straight poor, that damn I finally made it poor, unlike these new cats claim that had computers and ish in the houses and everything, living low middle class lives.. parents have decent jobs, food on the table every night and ish

do yall know what poor is, do yall know what is to not know where ya next meal is coming from???, do you know what is to be like man I cant wait to get in college???

most of yall on bx were taking care of, it aint hard to tell because yall come on here talking gangster thug on the internet like yall been there/done that and are just straight heartless lmaoooo

is pac the greatest of all time, imo no but is he one of the greats hell fu*king yeah!!!!

lol@ these cats on bx, the nerve of yall to disrespect someone like that
 6 years ago '11        #123
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Karamu said:
Pac's music hasn't aged well
but people still bump dear mamma every mothers day and people still remaking and covering his songs Mac miller just did a cover of his song last week

The stuff pac said in his songs still affects people today so how hasn't it aged well

Just take the L
 6 years ago '11        #124
space
space
space
 whothebestmc said:
you and him are both idiots, I'm just pointing it out to you guys.

He uses abbreviations like dey for they, you don't know the difference between there/their/they're.

@ your life

jay/nas>pac

iggy azaela dubbed the next tupac

Whatever helps you sleep at night every rapper wants to be pac in some way

I wanna live forever like 2pac soul- jay z

6 years ago '10        #125
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Whatever helps you sleep at night every rapper wants to be pac in some way

I wanna live forever like 2pac soul- jay z

I get around like the late makaveli-jay-z

03 boonie and clyde inspired by 2pacs me and my girlfriend

not saying jay-z wanted to be pac, but to still talk like jay-z still doesnt like pac
 6 years ago '10        #126
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
So we've established that skills aren't really important at all when determining who the best rapper of all time is... More statues ? More credibility as an MC.
oh so just because he wasnt the most technical rapper that eliminates him in the run, biggie wasnt all that lyrical so what about him

jay is overrated lyricisit, mostly by his stans

nas is considered the least entertaining out of the great 5

eminem wont take the title because hes white although he is skilled in every aspect of being a rapper, prolly the most skilled one out of the great 5

idk what to say now
 6 years ago '11        #127
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Karamu said:
you changed your mind about Hov I see
The list isn't in order but Jay was always in my top 10. He just wasn't that high...

Kingpin 313 said:
I think people forget what the purpose of hiphop was it was to give inner city kids a voice and express what's going on in the hood and if you think nas did that better than pac you crazy me against the world and the song my block remix sh*ts on anything nas has ever made when it comes to hiphop and what its message is you can go to any hood and I bet everybody loves pac because they can relate to him like nobody else in hiphop nas got that black girl lost and conscious side from pac

How is pac not the greatest when he did what the purpose of hiphop was better than anybody

I pray that your top ten list not in order if so
This isn't about impact on American culture itself, it's about impact on the hip hop genre and culture. Nas has just as much pull in that area & you keep side stepping Illmatic because you don't have a counter argument. You can repeat yourself all you want but I keep giving reasons why your premises don't hold weight so what's the point? Maybe you should try to prove me wrong instead of proving yourself right...

Pac's messages were far more than the uplifting songs. You want me to talk about how early in his career he was a cop k!ller so his message to the youth was supposed to be against the government? You want me to talk about how after he got into it with Biggie his rage fueled more dangerous lyrics that the youth could try to emulate? There's more than one side to the 2Pac coin and you know it, quit acting like he was a saint.

And no, my list isn't in order. I need to switch Ice Cube & Mos Def though, slept on it and changed my mind...

hollabizak said:
Better substance and song topics and its not even close.The thing stupid people dont realize is that his songs were deeper than just spitting non sensical,bullsh*t,that you cant do in real life. Oh you want an example? U look so good,i'll suck on ya daddy's d!ck" -Biggie
"I snuffed Jesus "- Nas ITS FAKE a.ss,FAIRYTALE sh*t! 2pac's lyrics had meaning behind them and a purpose.He was also an activist for blacks and hiphop.

Battling Deloris Tucker for bashing hip hop. You cant name any song that has more meaning than "Dear Mama" "i aint mad atcha" Wonda why the call U bi*ch" and "Against all odds" That should be the end of this thread.Anyone that disagrees is a fu*k n*gga and likes fake lyrics. Stop worrying about flashy ways rappers flip there lyrics,at the end of the day,its just stupid punchlines with no meaning behind the fu*king words.
First of all at you not knowing what a metaphor is. The lyrics metaphorical rappers use aren't meant to be taken literally sherlock...

And the highlighted part is more than enough to show me your hard headed-ness isn't worth my time. FYI, Nas has a lot of tracks that mirror Pac's themes, it's not like Pac was the only rapper to ever make important songs in hip hop. I can't stand f(st)ans that have this mentality...
 6 years ago '11        #128
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
So we've established that skills aren't really important at all when determining who the best rapper of all time is... More statues ? More credibility as an MC.
Nah, KP just wants to say that because he knows Pac bar for bar & flow for flow isn't the best of all time. He needs "impact" on things outside of the booth that have nothing to do with hip hop being the criteria for crowning the "greatest"...
 6 years ago '10        #129
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
This thread has went this far because people aren't ready (as they shouldn't be) to take away the importance of skill. Pac was a great rapper, but he ain't top 10 as far as raw talent goes. He'll always be considered one of the GOAT based on his message, & his passion. You got to see where everyone who doesn't think Pac is the GOAT are coming from.
raw talent??? besides techincal skills please tell me what else he lacks

ballergenetics said:
Stop quoting me. You're getting annoying...
really though , fine dont answer

only quoted you twice, this being the third time... sounds like something else...
 6 years ago '11        #130
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
I'd like for someone to show me why my method for GOAT naming is erroneous...

If rapper X is tied for the top in lyricism & is also at least top 3 of 5 in technical skill, his ranks are also higher than anybody else in both categories (no other rapper ranks that high in both), why can't he be the "greatest?"
 6 years ago '11        #131
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
 Retro said:
Nah, KP just wants to say that because he knows Pac bar for bar & flow for flow isn't the best of all time. He needs "impact" on things outside of the booth that have nothing to do with hip hop being the criteria for crowning the "greatest"...
I swear you n*ggas are idiots 9 pages and people still don't understand what greatest mean I'm leaving skill out because I'm not about to discuss something that's debatable period if technical skill matters so much Eminem is the greatest of all time and rappers like canibus Gza Lupe and kool g rap are top 5

Stop making yourself look dumb
 6 years ago '11        #132
bottles 
space
space
$292 | Props total: 257 257
Funny how people always bring up things not related to music when talking about why pac is the GOAT.

People like to say he was a "solider and a real n*gga" if this is true and he thought biggie shot him,
why did he never try to do anything a "solider" or a "real n*gga" would do? People like to talk about
he was "pro-black" and "promoted unity" when he basically caused a civil war in a majorly black filled
community. People talk about how he "kept it real" but before rapping he attended a preforming arts
school and was pretty much a ballerina. Don't get it twisted i like Tupac, was he top 5? yes, was he
the best rapper in the history of rap? No, there are people who had a large impact, but also could rap better than him and that's what matters above all else in determining the greatest rapper.
 6 years ago '10        #133
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Retro said:
I'd like for someone to show me why my method for GOAT naming is erroneous...

If rapper X is tied for the top in lyricism & is also at least top 3 of 5 in technical skill, his ranks are also higher than anybody else in both categories (no other rapper ranks that high in both), why can't he be the "greatest?"
X is up there, the thing is his discography isnt all that

imo if he would have been shot after his first album oh trust me he would always be mentioned in the greatest of all time arguments but he had a chance to make lots of music, few good songs here and there after the first album but most of his material is blah....
 6 years ago '11        #134
space
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
oh so just because he wasnt the most technical rapper that eliminates him in the run, biggie wasnt all that lyrical so what about him

jay is overrated lyricisit, mostly by his stans

nas is considered the least entertaining out of the great 5

eminem wont take the title because hes white although he is skilled in every aspect of being a rapper, prolly the most skilled one out of the great 5

idk what to say now
Exactly if they wanna talk about skill Eminem is the GOAT but watch they bring up content in which pac is the GOAT
 6 years ago '11        #135
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
I swear you n*ggas are idiots 9 pages and people still don't understand what greatest mean I'm leaving skill out because I'm not about to discuss something that's debatable period if technical skill matters so much Eminem is the greatest of all time and rappers like canibus Gza Lupe and kool g rap are top 5

Stop making yourself look dumb
Explain to me how you can have so much impact on a culture and genre without having any skill? You seriously think if Mike couldn't sing he'd be the greatest? You think if Mike couldn't ball he'd be the greatest? If Ali wasn't as quick and as strong as he was that he'd be the greatest?

And how the hell can you say the highlighted like it's a fact that Pac is the GOAT? Learn the english language first, I already told you that you didn't want to play semantics with me. Don't call me dumb and then make idiotic points like this...
 6 years ago '11        #136
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
X is up there, the thing is his discography isnt all that

imo if he would have been shot after his first album oh trust me he would always be mentioned in the greatest of all time arguments but he had a chance to make lots of music, few good songs here and there after the first album but most of his material is blah....
Nah not DMX, I just used X as a place holder so people wouldn't get mad at who I named...
 6 years ago '11        #137
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I'm done for a while...
You should think before you laugh Baller...
 6 years ago '10        #138
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 bottles said:
Funny how people always bring up things not related to music when talking about why pac is the GOAT.

People like to say he was a "solider and a real n*gga" if this is true and he thought biggie shot him,
why did he never try to do anything a "solider" or a "real n*gga" would do? People like to talk about
he was "pro-black" and "promoted unity" when he basically caused a civil war in a majorly black filled
community. People talk about how he "kept it real" but before rapping he attended a preforming arts
school and was pretty much a ballerina. Don't get it twisted i like Tupac, was he top 5? yes, was he
the best rapper in the history of rap? No, there are people who had a large impact, but also could rap better than him and that's what matters above all else in determining the greatest rapper.
irony in this post, funny how people love to bring up pacs past in goat arguments but never bring up someones like biggies and nas and jay-z

eminem and pac had harsh lives, those 3 not so much
 06-10-2012, 01:34 PM         #139
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
but people still bump dear mamma every mothers day and people still remaking and covering his songs Mac miller just did a cover of his song last week

The stuff pac said in his songs still affects people today so how hasn't it aged well

Just take the L
he's an icon, remaking/covering a song just shows that the original is dated. when people are rapping over dead presidents they don't fu*k with the beat because it still sounds good in 2012 even if you ain't a rap head. his lyrics are still recognized sure but the actual songs don't hold up as well as they used to. me against the world is an example of a classic that sounds dated.

not saying there's anything wrong with a song sounding dated, i'm just bringing it up
 6 years ago '10        #140
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Retro said:
Nah not DMX, I just used X as a place holder so people wouldn't get mad at who I named...
oh I diddnt know,but my argument still stands about that

who were you talking about though??
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago