I Can't Believe We In The Year 2012 And People Still Don't Understand Why 2pac Is The GOAT

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4514 4514
 the synthesis said:
Jays 6th Album was BP

Pacs 6th album was Makaveli

Thats how long both of them took to drop their best albums in my opinion

I'd hate to imagine what BIGs 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th album would have sounded like, would he have shown as much growth as Pac and Jay?
not really, biggie was actually getting worse imo

puffy really had a strong pull on big, it looks like he would have been dancing in shiny suits soon....
 6 years ago '11        #62
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 kiddrocay said:
not really, biggie was actually getting worse imo

puffy really had a strong pull on big, it looks like he would have been dancing in shiny suits soon....
And this is what I can't stand. Let Big get some creative freedom. That's what I wish we could've heard...
 06-09-2012, 09:45 PM         #63
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so where do 50 cent and Lil Wayne rank if being the greatest was determined through impact?
 6 years ago '10        #64
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
As long as there is a difference of opinion, difference in taste of music and different personalities of people, no musical artist will ever obtain the greatest of all time title since it's never a unanimous decision
 6 years ago '10        #65
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4514 4514
 Retro said:
And this is what I can't stand. Let Big get some creative freedom. That's what I wish we could've heard...
what do you mean creative freedom, how is doing what puffy said creative freedom??

it really does look like biggie would have been dancing in shiny suits if he was still alive

Im on your side about this
 6 years ago '11        #66
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Jinusean said:
As long as there is a difference of opinion, difference in taste of music and different personalities of people, no musical artist will ever obtain the greatest of all time title since it's never a unanimous decision
Well yeah crossing genre lines is impossible if that's where you were going with this. But many consider Elvis the greatest to ever do it at his craft. Michael Jackson the greatest to ever do it at his craft. Jimmy Hendrix the best to ever do it at his craft. Et cetera, et cetera.

Point is, there's not really a need for unanimity if there's majority. People will never agree on everything, that's a given...
 6 years ago '11        #67
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
what do you mean creative freedom, how is doing what puffy said creative freedom??

it really does look like biggie would have been dancing in shiny suits if he was still alive

Im on your side about this
...That's what I'm talking about. He didn't have any creative freedom & that's what I couldn't stand, not what you said...
 6 years ago '11        #68
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Retro said:
Well yeah crossing genre lines is impossible if that's where you were going with this. But many consider Elvis the greatest to ever do it at his craft. Michael Jackson the greatest to ever do it at his craft. Jimmy Hendrix the best to ever do it at his craft. Et cetera, et cetera.

Point is, there's not really a need for unanimity if there's majority. People will never agree on everything, that's a given...
You just proved my point who do you think majority of people think the goat is?

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 06-09-2012 at 10:46 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #69
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
You just proved my point who do you think majority of people think the best rapper is?
...I never said they were correct to name them the greatest, it's just a unanimity v. majority argument.

You call people sheep all the time. So if the majority of people only name Pac due to that group mentality does it hold weight? According to you, nope.

Fact is, other people's opinions don't determine the legitimacy of arguments. Legitimate premises do & the "majority" argument is illegitimate...
 6 years ago '11        #70
space
space
space
 Retro said:
...I never said they were correct to name them the greatest, it's just a unanimity v. majority argument.

You call people sheep all the time. So if the majority of people only name Pac due to that group mentality does it hold weight? According to you, nope.

Fact is, other people's opinions don't determine the legitimacy of arguments. Legitimate premises do & the "majority" argument is illegitimate...
Everybody has a reason there called the greatest they didn't just pick MJ and Elvis out of the air with no reason its because of impact on that genre of music just like pac and hiphop

I can say Michael Jackson not the king of pop but that won't change anything he will still be looked at as the king because thats how most people feel that's how everything is basically decided by vote If you take 10 people and 8 of them agree on something do you think the other 2 people that don't really matters or will get there way?
 6 years ago '11        #71
space
space
space
I think people call nas jay z and whoever else the GOAT because that's who they listen to the most when that has nothing to do with being the greatest I can listen to lil Wayne all day that doesn't make him the greatest
 6 years ago '11        #72
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Everybody has a reason there called the greatest they didn't just pick MJ and Elvis out of the air with no reason its because of impact on that genre of music just like pac and hiphop

I can say Michael Jackson not the king of pop but that won't change anything he will still be looked at as the king because thats how most people feel that's how everything is basically decided by vote If you take 10 people and 8 of them agree on something do you think the other 2 people that don't really matters or will get there way?
And some reasons are better than others. Like I said, if they only picked Elvis & Mike because everybody else did why would that make them just as legitimate as someone who actually had specific reasons? It wouldn't.

I can 't stress this point enough. It's about reasons that hold weight. There are none that are flawless. But some have a lot less flaws than others. "Majority" is not one of these...
 6 years ago '11        #73
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
I think people call nas jay z and whoever else the GOAT because that's who they listen to the most when that has nothing to do with being the greatest I can listen to lil Wayne all day that doesn't make him the greatest
 Retro said:
..I've listened to a lot more Pac over the years than I have Nas. It isn't even close. Just because I prefer him that doesn't make him better overall, just better for me. Those two things can coincide but they're completely different for me...
 Retro said:
Nothing wrong with that. The reason I pick Nas is because he has a better flow than two of them and is at least tied for the best lyrically. No other rapper out of the 5 you listed is ranked that high in both categories...
 6 years ago '05        #74
Luv Land 
space
space
space
$980 | Props total: 0 0
when somebody drop better albums then makaveli album all eyez on me me against the world
2pacalypse now strictly 4 my n*ggaz come holla at me.
 6 years ago '11        #75
space
space
space
 Retro said:
See you talking about skill which contributes to being the best of all time if you say nas is a better rapper than pac I might agree but when it comes to greatest (impact and influence on hiphop) its pac easily

Like I said before Lupe is a better rapper than kanye but would you rank Lupe over kanye on the all time list?

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 06-10-2012 at 12:13 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #76
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 Kingpin 313 said:
See you talking about skill which contributes to being the best of all time if you say nas is a better rapper than pac I might agree but when it comes to greatest (impact and influence on hiphop) its pac easily

Like I said before Lupe is a better rapper than kanye but would you rank Lupe over kanye on the all time list?

Lupe might be better lyrically but that doesent make him better overall....thats like saying kareem scored the most points so he's the best basketball player. Lupe not fuccin wit YE #REALRAP
 6 years ago '12        #77
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 GameTheory said:
Pac just wasn't that nice on the mic.
ooo.00000 .r.u.s.e.r.i.o.u.s.?.
 6 years ago '11        #78
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:

You can't change the definition of the word just to win the argument & you can't be the greatest on impact alone. You obviously need some skill to be the greatest & to have that much impact on the culture. Nas has just as much influence as Pac and you said you'd agree that he's the better rapper. Since that's the case why isn't Nas the "greatest?"

Lupe is ahead of Kanye on my list already so...
 6 years ago '04        #79
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
i do know after tonight canibus went from #156 to #490

6 years ago '04        #80
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Luv Land said:
when somebody drop better albums then makaveli album all eyez on me me against the world
2pacalypse now strictly 4 my n*ggaz come holla at me.
other artists with classic albums have
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy