I Can't Believe We In The Year 2012 And People Still Don't Understand Why 2pac Is The GOAT

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Kingpin 313 said:
Why is he considered the greatest ever when Kareem has more records bill has more rings and there's more than 5 players that's better on defense and overall

People never sit down and think about things they just say it
...Now hold on. I know you're not talkin to me but I need to see at least 5 that are better than Mike overall. Oh & the irony of that last line...
 06-09-2012, 09:03 PM         #42
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas for me lacks energy sometimes, monotone? loss of direction when he steps out the realms of his normal style. not blessed with the best voice.

jay doesnt sound awkward, even though he is blessed with a terrible voice, he somehow has made it work. when i first heard jay i hated his voice, i cudnt get passed it, but after Vol 2, his updated style grew on me. i cant say the same for nas, he still ends up annoying me sometimes on certain songs, i be like "this just isnt working" e.g "Hero" song

Pac and BIG were blessed with great voices, very melodolic, enegry was never a question. It made it easier to listen to them for long periods of time without pressing forward on the cassete player.
 6 years ago '11        #43
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Retro said:
You just said I couldn't debate impact. Why not?
I agree tm101 had more impact than trap music but trap music opened the door for jezzy
There is no debate
 6 years ago '10        #44
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,669 | Props total: 4520 4520
 justinjones said:
i wish pac and biggie were still alive. i wonder how people's views would be about them now. they never had a chance to fall off. Their presence got bigger because the way their lives were before it ended and how it ended
this is why they are the 2 most cherished rappers.
 6 years ago '10        #45
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 the synthesis said:
nas for me lacks energy sometimes, monotone? loss of direction when he steps out the realms of his normal style. not blessed with the best voice.

jay doesnt sound awkward, even though he is blessed with a terrible voice, he somehow has made it work. when i first heard jay i hated his voice, i cudnt get passed it, but after Vol 2, his updated style grew on me. i cant say the same for nas, he still ends up annoying me sometimes on certain songs, i be like "this just isnt working" e.g "Hero" song

Pac and BIG were blessed with great voices, very melodolic, enegry was never a question. It made it easier to listen to them for long periods of time without pressing forward on the cassete player.
hold up, I think jay voice was meant for rapping

he has a great voice in my opinion on RD, vol1-3 I dont think so for some odd reason, what the fu*k happen to him, sounded very eh.....

when he got to blueprint I felt the voice again and so on....

Nas voice on the other hand, not all that great but I can work with it
 6 years ago '11        #46
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
I agree tm101 had more impact than trap music but trap music opened the door for jezzy
There is no debate
Dude...that's not my point This isn't about either two albums I said, it's about whether you could debate impact or not. What you said is like saying since people copied BMF off of Teflon Don that the impact is just as comparable as The Blueprint...
 6 years ago '11        #47
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
i wish pac and biggie were still alive. i wonder how people's views would be about them now. they never had a chance to fall off. Their presence got bigger because the way their lives were before it ended and how it ended
It goes both ways pac and biggie didn't get to stay alive and add on to there legacy they did it in a short amount of time if nas and jay z died at 25 they wouldn't even be considered top 20

Retro said:
...Now hold on. I know you're not talkin to me but I need to see at least 5 that are better than Mike overall. Oh & the irony of that last line...
I been edited it I meant to put just defense but Oscar Robinson and magic Johnson are debatable if we talking overall
 6 years ago '10        #48
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
It goes both ways pac and biggie didn't get to stay alive and add on to there legacy they did it in a short amount of time if nas and jay z died at 25 they wouldn't even be considered top 20

I been edited it I meant to put just defense but Oscar Robinson and magic Johnson are debatable if we talking overall
why wouldnt nas be considered top 20 when he was f!ghting with biggie for the top spot of new york

the only reason biggie was looked at more is because he made some club style songs such as big poppa

biggie was more mainstream than nas

nas never fought hard enough for top spot, dont know why though
 6 years ago '11        #49
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Oscar is definitely worthy but Magic was not a better player overall than Mike. Magic even admitted this himself...
 6 years ago '04        #50
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 Kingpin 313 said:

i seen big l mentioned in people's top 10. nas would of been in there.

albums before he turned 25
Illmatic
It Was Written

and his posthumous album would of been I Am. If the original idea of I am would of happened along with how people look at "it was written" these days he would be in top 20 at least

early death automatically gets you 10 jumps up the chart
 6 years ago '11        #51
space
space
space
This is a topic for the sports section but magic is debatable

He could play all 5 postions and was a better rebounder and passer
 6 years ago '10        #52
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 justinjones said:

Illmatic
It Was Written

and his posthumous album would of been I Am. If the original idea of I am would of happened along with how people look at "it was written" these days he would be in top 20 at least

not really, a wack rapper wouldnt have been considered top 10 no matter what

for one pac already had a cohesive catalog behind him, plus the whole west coast was on him about the time he dropped I get around.......... the world knew him when he dropped dear momma

biggie and big l were known to be the in the top greats for ny

I can see if we were just talking about anybody

if someone like snoop dogg would have died before 25 noooooooooooooooo one would really care
 6 years ago '11        #53
space
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
why wouldnt nas be considered top 20 when he was f!ghting with biggie for the top spot of new york

the only reason biggie was looked at more is because he made some club style songs such as big poppa

biggie was more mainstream than nas

nas never fought hard enough for top spot, dont know why though
 justinjones said:

Illmatic
It Was Written

You right has would still be top ten but not jay z

And people who got big L in there top ten don't even know why
 6 years ago '04        #54
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 kiddrocay said:
not really, a wack rapper wouldnt have been considered top 10 no matter what

for one pac already had a cohesive catalog behind him, plus the whole west coast was on him about the time he dropped I get around.......... the world knew him when he dropped dear momma

biggie and big l were known to be the in the top greats for ny

I can see if we were just talking about anybody

if someone like snoop dogg would have died before 25 noooooooooooooooo one would really care
so snoop would of been number 46 instead of 56. i'm not saying that every rapper would be in the top 10 based off of death. just their stature rises a little because of it
 6 years ago '10        #55
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
You right has would still be top ten but not jay z

And people who got big L in there top ten don't even know why
big l was that n*gga period. lifestlyles of the poor and dangerous
 06-09-2012, 09:28 PM         #56
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

Illmatic
It Was Written

Pac was like on 6th Album if you count ThugLife Vol 1, also features on Soundtracks, he was somewhat a veteran compared to Nas and Big

However BIG only had a short min the game, so i can see why people say he is overrated, unlike Pac he never had a chance to grow, or full artistic control, he never got to change up his his style. Pac had two careers, he came from the ol skool style of rappin and updated his flow to the newskool. He was developed as an artist same way Jay was, untill thry harnassed their style. Scary thing is Pac was still showing growth towards the end coming to his 7th year in the game.
 6 years ago '10        #57
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 justinjones said:
so snoop would of been number 46 instead of 56. i'm not saying that every rapper would be in the top 10 based off of death. just their stature rises a little because of it
lol@46 instead of 56

but you get what Im saying right, these guys had huge followings behind them already
 6 years ago '11        #58
space
space
space
If somebody can tell me why Jordan and Ali are called the greatest if it isn't because of impact I will admit I'm wrong
 6 years ago '11        #59
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
If somebody can tell me why Jordan and Ali are greatest if it isn't because of impact I will admit I'm wrong
Ali's title is more contingent on impact than Mike's. The fact that everybody else concedes to Mike as the greatest. The fact that he had so many classic plays & mannerisms about his game. The fact that his defining moments were spurred by an unparalleled desire to win. And the fact that you could not stop Mike no matter what you tried & he could stop you no matter what you tried...it's pretty easy to see impact isn't the only thing...
 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM         #60
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jays 6th Album was BP

Pacs 6th album was Makaveli

Thats how long both of them took to drop their best albums in my opinion

I'd hate to imagine what BIGs 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th album would have sounded like, would he have shown as much growth as Pac and Jay?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy