I Can't Believe We In The Year 2012 And People Still Don't Understand Why 2pac Is The GOAT

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM         #21
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
and thats why i never thought there was a goat. it would come down to 5 people and nobody would agree on anything.

2pac, biggie, jay-z, nas, and eminem.

none of their fans/stans/whatever would back down and say that the other is greater/better than them
Co sign

I can't hate on someone who prefers Nas or Jay over Pac and vice versa

Some people can be a fan of them all, they all bring something different to the table.
 6 years ago '11        #22
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 justinjones said:
this doesn't make any sense. greatest and best basically means the same thing. so if nas is the broat and pac is the goat then you're basically saying its a tie. Or am i just misreading all of this
Being the best is based on skill

Being the greatest is based on impact on the culture

Jordan and Ali are the greatest not the best

Lupe is a better rapper than kanye but who would you rank higher?
 6 years ago '10        #23
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,640 | Props total: 4444 4444
 ballergenetics said:
He also said Pac was the Mike Jordan of Hip Hop based on revolutionary accomplishments. Only prob is Mike is also the BEST basketball player of all time. Pac ain't the best rapper.
neither is jay, jay is overrated lyrically

I see yall overrate jay every day, even kanye west now

nas beats jay in everything expect making songs that all demographics feel
 6 years ago '11        #24
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 the synthesis said:
Like is said whoever "Moves You" the most is who u prefer.

Pac moves me musically more than Nas, but thats just me, not everyone, feels, or hears what i do.

The GOAT is debatable, each to his own, subjective. How can someone get mad at another persons taste in music? why even debate it?

Unless we are talking sales thats the only way we can get factual, everything else is an opinion
And I agree. I've listened to a lot more Pac over the years than I have Nas. It isn't even close. Just because I prefer him that doesn't make him better overall, just better for me. Those two things can coincide but they're completely different for me.

Nobody is mad & if you didn't want to debate you wouldn't even be here. Debating is fun, it's how you learn & get a feel for what other people are like. I don't understand why people who play the subjective card ignore the fact that there are better reasons than others for believing things...
 06-09-2012, 08:44 PM         #25
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac stans will say Pac is Jordan of rap

Nas stans will say Nas is Jordan of rap

Jay stans will say Jay is Jordan of rap

and so on
 6 years ago '11        #26
space
space
space
You can't debate greatest only who the best is can you n*ggas read?

How can you debate impact
 6 years ago '11        #27
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
and thats why i never thought there was a goat. it would come down to 5 people and nobody would agree on anything.

2pac, biggie, jay-z, nas, and eminem.

none of their fans/stans/whatever would back down and say that the other is greater/better than them
That doesn't necessarily mean none of them are the greatest though, it just means people can't agree...

ballergenetics said:
He also said Pac was the Mike Jordan of Hip Hop based on revolutionary accomplishments. Only prob is Mike is also the BEST basketball player of all time. Pac ain't the best rapper.
I just left that alone. KP knows better, this is just a show for the sake of argument I hope...
 6 years ago '11        #28
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
You can't debate greatest only who the best is can you n*ggas read?

How can you debate impact
Easily. Someone / something can have more impact than others obviously. You seriously think Trap Muzik had as much influence on trap-hop than TM101 did?
 6 years ago '11        #29
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Jordan isn't the best defender scorer blocker or anything so how is he the best Jordan could be beat
By plenty of people

Try again Jordan is the greatest because of impact any sport expert will tell you this
 6 years ago '04        #30
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6424 6424
 Retro said:
That doesn't necessarily mean none of them are the greatest though, it just means people can't agree...
they all the greatest. i rather just have my top 10 in no particular order as the greatest rappers of all time rather than just pick one. i couldn't pick a number 1 because when i did try i couldn't
 6 years ago '10        #31
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I've never said Jay is the best lyrical rapper of all time. Find a post where I say this. You can chill with the "yall" kid...
I wasnt directly referring to you, just most people who try to say jay goat and is the best at everything

matter fact how can he be better than nas when nas had the full package on illmatic

jay is very overrated
 6 years ago '11        #32
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
they all the greatest. i rather just have my top 10 in no particular order as the greatest rappers of all time rather than just pick one. i couldn't pick a number 1 because when i did try i couldn't
Nothing wrong with that. The reason I pick Nas is because he has a better flow than two of them and is at least tied for the best lyrically. No other rapper out of the 5 you listed is ranked that high in both categories...
 6 years ago '11        #33
space
space
space
 Retro said:
One of the greatest singles (Dead Presidents) samples Nas off of Illmatic. That album has had more impact on the culture in different ways than just lines getting bit.

And they didn't only do it because he rapped either. Like I said there's more to this than you're willing to acknowledge. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean it isn't there...

Please tell me how him playing in b-list movies made him this big in pop culture
 6 years ago '04        #34
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Jordan isn't the best defender scorer blocker or anything so how is he the best Jordan could be beat
By plenty of people

Try again Jordan is the greatest because of impact any sport expert will tell you this
you honestly believe thats why people say that?
 6 years ago '11        #35
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Please tell me how him playing in b-list movies made him this big in pop culture
His roles in film gave him far more exposure than a normal rapper would have at the time. More exposure = more opportunity for impact.

Seriously dude this isn't even that complicated...
 6 years ago '11        #36
space
space
space
 Retro said:
Easily. Someone / something can have more impact than others obviously. You seriously think Trap Muzik had as much influence on trap-hop than TM101 did?
What does that have to do with anything
 6 years ago '11        #37
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
What does that have to do with anything
You just said I couldn't debate impact. Why not?
 6 years ago '10        #38
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Retro said:
Nothing wrong with that. The reason I pick Nas is because he has a better flow than two of them and is at least tied for the best lyrically. No other rapper out of the 5 you listed is ranked that high in both categories...
every great album review that Ive read that had nothing to do with bx would have me againist the world and illmatic in top 3, matter fact illmatic was number one all the time

I like Reasonable doubt and all, classic as fu*k to me but when jay stans be trying to say its better than illmatic or its equal....in what way??

I agree that dead presidents is in the top 15 for songs, I think its the best single of all time

but most of them believe blueprint is his best album...
 6 years ago '04        #39
space
space
i wish pac and biggie were still alive. i wonder how people's views would be about them now. they never had a chance to fall off. Their presence got bigger because the way their lives were before it ended and how it ended
 6 years ago '11        #40
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
you honestly believe thats why people say that?
Why is he considered the greatest ever when Kareem has more records bill has more rings and there's more than 5 players that's better on defense if it isn't because of impact

People never sit down and think about things they just say it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc