Trail Blazers disappointed w/ Jeremy Lamb, struggled to name Blazers players

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '09        #61
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,186 | Props total: 13446 13446
So he has to know the names of players on a team. Learn the names of the team that drafts you.
 6 years ago '06        #62
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Recently UConn seems to have a lot of guys that are all hype coming out of college and don't pan out in the NBA, minus Rudy Gay. Maybe those UConn guys owe their high pick status to Gay since he fell to #9..Celts passed and got Telfair that year worked out in the end but that one got under my skin that entire year.
 6 years ago '06        #63
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,364 | Props total: 5610 5610
 Audacious said:
so a extra year of college will help them remember more nba players names? hell no.
No but a extra year of English would help them sound more intelligent and mature. How is your answer to an interview question that can make you or cost you millions "some light skinned dude"?

Teams don't want to draft kids or retards.
 6 years ago '04        #64
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
Two Year Rule, Two Year Rule, Two Year Rule!!!!! These cats are so f**kin not ready mentally its ridiculous.........
 6 years ago '06        #65
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 White Face said:
Your crazy if you think college basketball players take english classes period.

Most of them don't even go to college for more than 2 or 3 years, they have no intention on finishing a degree for the most part.

I ain't never seen a ball player take anything other than art or communication based classes

and they still be there cheating
The smart ones do. I'm not even talking about finishing school. I'm talking about them helping themselves to come off as at least somewhat intelligent and able to put together more than 2 sentences without saying "um" or "ah". Some of these players are costing themselves endorsement money from jump.

I'm not saying they gotta graduate but it's disturbing how a lot of them can't answer these simple a.ss questions without sounding half retarded.

Once you get drafted, you have grown man responsibilities
 6 years ago '08        #66
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
if we're being technical, a communication class would've helped him more than an "english" one
 6 years ago '06        #67
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
if we're being technical, a communication class would've helped him more than an "english" one
you know what I mean though.
 06-10-2012, 04:43 PM         #68
p imperial 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 banga said:
players like this are the reason for the age restriction. you can tell a lot of them need more seasoning so they can mature before they come to the NBA.

they want these dudes to mature as PLAYERS...playing at a higher organized level beyond highschool and aau...not to improve their interviewing ability. lmao you think another year of fluff comm. classes is gonna make a difference?

I know graduates with the type of arts degrees these players take who are just as inarticulate and immature sounding
 6 years ago '06        #69
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 p imperial said:

they want these dudes to mature as PLAYERS...playing at a higher organized level beyond highschool and aau...not to improve their interviewing ability. lmao you think another year of fluff comm. classes is gonna make a difference?

I know graduates with the type of arts degrees these players take who are just as inarticulate and immature sounding
you think the age restriction is just about INTERVIEWING ABILITY? going off to school is a maturation process as a young adult and as a player. That's why they put the rule into affect. There's a huge difference between an 18 year old straight out of high school and a freshman out of college.

and I guess the little dumb a.ss n*ggas you know with those degrees make up for everybody. an exception doesn't make the rule.
 6 years ago '05        #70
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,763 | Props total: 4246 4246
You'd be amazed at how many Bball players with the potential to go pro dont even watch basketball. Either that or theyre super casual fans who only watch games with certain players.

Thats why you see some folk go to the league and struggle, most of them have no idea who guys like toney allen or Thabo Sefalosha are until they are in the process of being shut down by them.
 06-10-2012, 06:05 PM         #71
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 pages and no smiley?

[pic - click to view]

06-10-2012, 06:49 PM         #72
p imperial 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 banga said:
There's a huge difference between an 18 year old straight out of high school and a freshman out of college.
As players? Sure, I agree with that...a lot of aau superstars need the adjustment to more complex offenses, better competition and a more professional approach to being a baller

Sometimes overall maturation accompanies that naturally....but taking 'english classes' has nothing to do with it. it could just as easily been compensated for by focused player development by individual teams...the difference between the highschoolers that bust and those that make it is usually determined by the environment they're drafted into. Javale McGee went to college and Andrew Bynum didn't...one went to the Wizards and the other went to the Lakers and got groomed by a GOAT

and why are we talking about lamb like he isn't a sophomore? He spent a year in college. Then he spent another...you think one more year is gonna all of a sudden knock some sense into him? Sometimes a dumbass is just a dumbass
 6 years ago '06        #73
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 p imperial said:
As players? Sure, I agree with that...a lot of aau superstars need the adjustment to more complex offenses, better competition and a more professional approach to being a baller

Sometimes overall maturation accompanies that naturally....but taking 'english classes' has nothing to do with it. it could just as easily been compensated for by focused player development by individual teams...the difference between the highschoolers that bust and those that make it is usually determined by the environment they're drafted into. Javale McGee went to college and Andrew Bynum didn't...one went to the Wizards and the other went to the Lakers and got groomed by a GOAT

and why are we talking about lamb like he isn't a sophomore? He spent a year in college. Then he spent another...you think one more year is gonna all of a sudden knock some sense into him? Sometimes a dumbass is just a dumbass
don't take what I say regarding "english" or "communications" class too literally. All I'm saying is that I can see why those arguing for the age restriction feel the way they do. In this case it might not have done much for Lamb but one could only imagine how he was a year ago. The interviews just serve as a barometer for where these prospects are mentally and it exposes some of them as far as their maturity mentally more than most. I'm sure you know that already though.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy