Comerica or Regions Bank Employees out there??

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
151 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #41
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1477 1477
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
met with the regional manager and he was impressed with my background in various industries and my personality..went on to tell me that the opportunties of advancement are available and a regional vice president currently in dallas, came to comerica without any banking experience..i was informed that a decision will be made by sometime next week. the other male candidate took a higher offer with bank of america, so its just me and the chick from jp morgan chase to choose from...
damn man I hope you get it.... just curious what did your background look like before area manager? How did you go about working your way up the career ladder?
 5 years ago '04        #42
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
my friend is a recruiter for Sony and she absolutely loves her jobs..HR is a good field to get into but its very very stressful i hear
 07-04-2012, 01:00 PM         #43
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:
damn man I hope you get it.... just curious what did your background look like before area manager? How did you go about working your way up the career ladder?
i have had a sales background for a quite a while...worked in operational, general, and district management in retail and fitness industry..fitness is huge and easily to make alot of money..its faster to move up the ladder in fitness..i became a gm in less than 2 years from entry level membership sales. i knew alot of people in fitness who made 6 figures easy with no college degree..unfortunately while finishing school, the company i worked for made changes in compensation and organizational structures that i was not happy with. pay was being cut as a result from marketing sales online without customers coming in to buy..the former ceo had retire and they got a new ceo who made all of the changes...alot not for the better in the eyes of the hard working people. bonuses were cut for gms and commissions for sales managers and sales counselors. a new manager took over my area and i was required to work more hours on top of the full time college schedule. now all of a sudden the flexibility the previous managers had given me were a problem. i was promised a deal of advancement in due time and it never came to pass. i chose to finish my education and part ways. since then the company no longer pays commissions for the sales of fitness..everyone i knew has left of have been fired from doing shady things there..i like sales so i think i would do well in the banking industry..honestly the only thing different from me and other people who had the same opportunities of advancement was commitment..i didnt and still dont have a family and i was more mature i guess since most people were still in the going out to party and club scene and i wasnt. the way i was looking at things was in the future and some people just kind of was there for the moment or wanted out to do something else. i was not a special guy that people passed me on because they liked me...if only it were that easy!!
i was good at seling and my numbers showed, so everything was ethical in my case. i was not the arrogant as*hole manager either and i was respected for that..

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 07-04-2012 at 01:13 PM..
 07-25-2012, 05:06 PM         #44
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WELL IT HAS BEEN A LONG WAIT, SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED...

i got an email from hr saying that the they offered the position to a candidate who was more qualified than i was and stating that they moved some people around in different locations here... another district manager called me a few days later to interview for another location. i met him and the same regional manager again to interview for a location that was in dear need asap. after the interview, they had me take a management a.ssessment test, which i passed...it took over a week to find out..i got a call recently and they wanted me to come back again, so i went and met the regional and district manager..we had small talk and they said congratulations, we selected you to come aboard if you are still interested..they finalized the deal and had me stay for a couple of hours to observe the bank operation.
 5 years ago '04        #45
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
there u go congrats!
 5 years ago '04        #46
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
WELL IT HAS BEEN A LONG WAIT, SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED...

i got an email from hr saying that the they offered the position to a candidate who was more qualified than i was and stating that they moved some people around in different locations here... another district manager called me a few days later to interview for another location. i met him and the same regional manager again to interview for a location that was in dear need asap. after the interview, they had me take a management a.ssessment test, which i passed...it took over a week to find out..i got a call recently and they wanted me to come back again, so i went and met the regional and district manager..we had small talk and they said congratulations, we selected you to come aboard if you are still interested..they finalized the deal and had me stay for a couple of hours to observe the bank operation.
good sh*t my dude... been waiting for you to wrap that sh*t up and come back with good news... is the position still in Houston?
 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM         #47
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks everyone...yes the job is here. it was a long wait. i cant lie, i thought i didnt have it after a while with no response and started going other routes. i even had 2 interviews with bbva compass bank for an operations manager job and they were going to make a decision by next week after completing candidate interviews friday.i also had an interview with a university for admissions director.
 5 years ago '06        #48
LABoy83 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,931 | Props total: 1506 1506

Congrats bro
first time reading/commenting in this thread but gotta give props where props are due
i do commercial loan underwriting for Whitney and have been in banking since my jr year in college. definitely a good industry with a lot of opportunity if you stick with it and work hard
 5 years ago '06        #49
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
this whole thread..

get yo paper bruh
 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM         #50
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LABoy83 said:

Congrats bro
first time reading/commenting in this thread but gotta give props where props are due
i do commercial loan underwriting for Whitney and have been in banking since my jr year in college. definitely a good industry with a lot of opportunity if you stick with it and work hard
thanks...just about every bank i had applied for, i have seen openings for underwriting...is the turnover ratio high for that or what? i see them as much as i see teller jobs. i looked into whitney bank but all they had open here were mortgage loan processor jobs and i dont have financial licensing..

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 07-28-2012 at 09:09 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #51
LABoy83 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,931 | Props total: 1506 1506
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
thanks...just about every bank i had applied for, i have seen openings for underwriting...is the turnover ratio high for that or what? i see them as much as i see teller jobs. i looked into whitney bank but all they had open here were mortgage loan processor jobs and i dont have financial licensing..
not really a high turnover. just a big need. the volume of loans (new/renewal) and sometimes the complexity can at times overwhelm a department
 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM         #52
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LABoy83 said:
not really a high turnover. just a big need. the volume of loans (new/renewal) and sometimes the complexity can at times overwhelm a department
im sure i can do the same...not too much i put my hands on i can do or figure out. i just dont have the accounting/finance degree and series 7/63 licenses.
 08-17-2012, 10:51 PM         #53
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
im sure i can do the same...not too much i put my hands on i can do or figure out. i just dont have the accounting/finance degree and series 7/63 licenses.

im back boxden! have some interesting news for you...

early this week i went to starbucks and a guy struck a conversation with me as i well telling a barista about how i use to work in the finance industry and how i was laid off. so the guy asks me questions about what i did there and how long? after making small talk, come to find out the guy is an rvp for wells fargo. he asked me would i consider getting back into financial industry and i told him yes..keep in mind that i never told him about my new job at a competitor bank. to make a long story short, he gave me his business card and told me to email him my resume. he stated that they were in the process of looking for a division manager and how the position is not listed with all the other jobs to the general public online. they have an internal application and he could send me the link, once he got my resume. i am in training with comerica now and i feel that it could be the road for me to travel, but i dont also want to turn down any opportunity before checking it out...i am schedule for a phone interview next week with wells fargo and i will have to figure out a way to go to the interview once i pass the phone screening...its all about networking people! "who you know" not what you know....in this day and age, you better try to network with people who can put you in places because the piece of paper doesnt quite cut it anymore!!

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 08-18-2012 at 09:33 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #54
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
im back boxden! have some interesting news for you...

early this week i went to starbucks and a guy struck a conversation with me as i well telling a barista about how i use to work in the finance industry and how i was laid off. so the guy asks me questions about what i did there and how long? after making small talk, come to find out the guy is an rvp for wells fargo. he asked me would i consider getting back into financial industry and i told him yes..keep in mind that i never told him about my new job at a competitor bank. to make a long story short, he gave me his business card and told me to email him my resume. he stated that they were in the process of looking for a division manager and how the position is not listed with all the other jobs to the general public online. they have an internal application and he could send me the link, once he got my resume. i am in training with comerica now and i feel that it could be the road for me to travel, but i dont also want to turn down any opportunity before checking it out...i am schedule for a phone interview next week with wells fargo and i will have to figure out a way to go to the interview once i pass the phone screening...its all about networking people! "who you know" not what you know....in this day and age, you better try to network with people who can put you in places because the piece of paper doesnt quite cut it anymore!!
Damn thats some good sh*t how you going to make it to the interview though?
 5 years ago '04        #55
LikeABoss38701 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 1572 1572
It's been amazing reading you guys post in this thread, and it truly makes me realize how much I
need to get away from my current location in Mississippi.

A little bit about myself... I graduated with my bachelor's in Computer Information Systems in 09... graduated with my MBA in 2011 (both Delta State University), and yet I still find myself without my dream job...

I currently work for a finance company called Tower Loan..which is basically a loan shark... & I'm just not happy with my career...

I guess I could use some unbiased advice or words of encouragement from the boxden fam.
 5 years ago '04        #56
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 LikeABoss38701 said:
It's been amazing reading you guys post in this thread, and it truly makes me realize how much I
need to get away from my current location in Mississippi.

A little bit about myself... I graduated with my bachelor's in Computer Information Systems in 09... graduated with my MBA in 2011 (both Delta State University), and yet I still find myself without my dream job...

I currently work for a finance company called Tower Loan..which is basically a loan shark... & I'm just not happy with my career...

I guess I could use some unbiased advice or words of encouragement from the boxden fam.
My dude move and move FAST... you have great credentials with IS degree and MBA. I am sure with that it self you could of had a pretty nice career right now. Don't settle my man. Live life a little bit and try something new. Apply for some jobs in different states.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy