Comerica or Regions Bank Employees out there??

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM         #1
7470 pageviews
55 comments

DwRecKeR77053 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Comerica or Regions Bank Employees out there??

I am curious of what to expect from these companies in terms of work atmosphere, interviewing process, pay scale, dos and donts..From what I saw online, the pay scale of Branch Manager with both companies are in the same ballpark of $60k. I would like to find out if this is true.
I have applied for Branch Manager with both companies recently and a Comerica HR Recruiter called me for a phone interview, which went well. They already contacted me for a personal interview for next week with another Branch Manager and District Manager.What should I expect from this process? I dont have any banking experience, but I do have experience as a General Manager as well as multi unit experience as an Area Manager. Thanks in advance for all feedback.

55 comments for "Comerica or Regions Bank Employees out there??"

6 years ago '04        #2
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,756 | Props total: 443 443
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
I am curious of what to expect from these companies in terms of work atmosphere, interviewing process, pay scale, dos and donts..From what I saw online, the pay scale of Branch Manager with both companies are in the same ballpark of $60k. I would like to find out if this is true.
I have applied for Branch Manager with both companies recently and a Comerica HR Recruiter called me for a phone interview, which went well. They already contacted me for a personal interview for next week with another Branch Manager and District Manager.What should I expect from this process? I dont have any banking experience, but I do have experience as a General Manager as well as multi unit experience as an Area Manager. Thanks in advance for all feedback.
I dont directly work for Comerica or the other one but I'm bout to apply to Comerica as well....but I'm in the banking world so I can kind of give you some insight. I'm actually surprised u are even getting looked at because of the no banking experience thing to be honest. With the sit down interview, they are going to ask you what can you bring to the table, management style and sales skills. to be BM, you will probably have one more interview with the regional manager.

I went into banking as an operations manager with zero banking exp.. I sold them on me being very young, bringing a whole new world and mindset to the banking world and told them I would take off whereever I landed and sure enough they hired me right then and there. Go that route. Say I dont have alot of banking exp but can bring a whole new mindset to the bank. These banks want to separate themselves from the others so u do the same

if u get the branch manager position, u should help me get in to comerica as well haha..where u located
 06-09-2012, 01:03 PM         #3
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
I dont directly work for Comerica or the other one but I'm bout to apply to Comerica as well....but I'm in the banking world so I can kind of give you some insight. I'm actually surprised u are even getting looked at because of the no banking experience thing to be honest. With the sit down interview, they are going to ask you what can you bring to the table, management style and sales skills. to be BM, you will probably have one more interview with the regional manager.

I went into banking as an operations manager with zero banking exp.. I sold them on me being very young, bringing a whole new world and mindset to the banking world and told them I would take off whereever I landed and sure enough they hired me right then and there. Go that route. Say I dont have alot of banking exp but can bring a whole new mindset to the bank. These banks want to separate themselves from the others so u do the same

if u get the branch manager position, u should help me get in to comerica as well haha..where u located
Im in Texas, but neither companies have an opening for Operations Manager. Just tellers and personal bankers which is a norm of every bank i have seen. those jobs are always open so that draws a red flag to me..if you already have banking experience, you should get hired at a bank faster than me. what bank are you at?
 6 years ago '04        #4
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
Im in Texas, but neither companies have an opening for Operations Manager. Just tellers and personal bankers which is a norm of every bank i have seen. those jobs are always open so that draws a red flag to me..if you already have banking experience, you should get hired at a bank faster than me. what bank are you at?
Ya stay away from those jobs..no $$ in them. I'm at M&I Bank...soon to be BMO Harris...I'm guessing with no banking exp, u are going for a Branch Manager Level 1...smaller branch..good stepping stone..should see 50k range

in the beginning, its going to be rough..u have management experience so thats universal in any job but the banking side is rough to learn in the beginning..i was put through so many courses/classes and training sh*t but its worth it..m-f job 8-5..live is easy...what part of texas? whats your age? I'm only 25 and I get the whole "baby" treatment because I am in a high position. I manage 3 tellers who all are 50 years old + and they ALL are set in there ways so u gonna have some backlash against in that area due to age but you should be fine
 06-09-2012, 02:16 PM         #5
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i am 30 and live in houston..i have never heard of that bank before, so im sure its not in texas. regions and comerica are smaller banks and they have fewer locations in the city, so they are not major large banks like ba, chase, or wells fargo with 100s of branches. i know as a teller you are on your feet all day and i cant deal with that. tellers barely break $11 an hour at a bank so that's out of the question for me. havent had many jobs working 8-5 or m-f for that matter..i am used to working weekends and holidays so it wouldnt bother me to work saturdays..i actually prefer it and have a weekday off so i can take care of business when most people are working. i use to manage, hire, train fire young and old adults in prior jobs. the 18-25 yr olds that are lazy and dont have appreciation for work when thousands are jobless to go clubbing and partying all the time, to the 40-60 year olds who dont want to adapt to technology change, insubordination in the workplace because they are up in age and feel that they cant be touched or been there forever in a day.

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 06-09-2012 at 02:20 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #6
CA King 7 15 heat pts15
space
space
$7,082 | Props total: 5512 5512
You're in Houston? Comerica bought out Sterling. So there are plenty of changes that are going on. So you may have a pretty good chance. Sterling employees were pissed with the changes and so were the clients. A lot of them left. I work for a rival bank and we are getting Sterling corporate accounts left and right. So if you are in a location that WAS a Sterling location, you may have a hard time. As far as Regions, I used to mess with a broad that worked there, she loved it. Good luck on your interviews.
 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM         #7
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CA King 7 said:
You're in Houston? Comerica bought out Sterling. So there are plenty of changes that are going on. So you may have a pretty good chance. Sterling employees were pissed with the changes and so were the clients. A lot of them left. I work for a rival bank and we are getting Sterling corporate accounts left and right. So if you are in a location that WAS a Sterling location, you may have a hard time. As far as Regions, I used to mess with a broad that worked there, she loved it. Good luck on your interviews.
thanks, wow i had no idea. there are not alot of sterlings here since they were not one of the popular banks here. maybe less than 10 locations in the entire region. as far as changes, i do understand that being a washington mutual customer for several years and then being acquired by chase. i had much better service with wamu and had a relationship with some of the bankers for the corporation. totally different experience with chase and needless to say, i dont bank with them anymore. regions bank is still up and coming here. they have only been around for 3 years, maybe 4.
 6 years ago '04        #8
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
whens the interview? let us know how it goes
 6 years ago '10        #9
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
NYC what kind of degree you have?
 6 years ago '04        #10
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 Rawse Bawse said:
NYC what kind of degree you have?
just a bachelors in marketing..was doing the retail thing for a LONG time..got up to store manager level at a big company and had to get out..actually took a paycut to go into the bank world...but life as a whole is so much easier..no nights, no weekends, no big stress on my shoulders
 06-12-2012, 12:32 AM         #11
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interview is thursday
 6 years ago '04        #12
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
did u simply apply online with comerica? or u go into a branch and talk to someone
 06-13-2012, 12:22 AM         #13
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
did u simply apply online with comerica? or u go into a branch and talk to someone
i submitted an application online. i stopped going into places and talking to people about employment a long time ago when i realized i was wasting time and gas after everyone telling me to go online and apply and i would get a call if they were interested in me. i am also looking into other ventures as well. i recently applied for a district manager position with a financial service company. they reviewed my resume and emailed me an a.ssessment and personality test to complete online before the interviewing process. basically, if i pass, i would get a call for an interview.
 6 years ago '04        #14
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
i submitted an application online. i stopped going into places and talking to people about employment a long time ago when i realized i was wasting time and gas after everyone telling me to go online and apply and i would get a call if they were interested in me. i am also looking into other ventures as well. i recently applied for a district manager position with a financial service company. they reviewed my resume and emailed me an a.ssessment and personality test to complete online before the interviewing process. basically, if i pass, i would get a call for an interview.
word..i'm waiting for something to open up at comerica right now in arizona..nothing open at the moment..
 06-13-2012, 05:08 PM         #15
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
word..i'm waiting for something to open up at comerica right now in arizona..nothing open at the moment..
yeah i just saw customer service, personal banker for phoenix....those are the jobs all banks always hiring for LOL.
 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM         #16
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
whens the interview? let us know how it goes
interview seemed to go well..i was interviewed by a branch manager from another location and the district manager at the same time. they asked me questions based my prior management experience, what style of management do i have, problem solving scenarios, and sales experience. i was advised that typically the position is based on a person with banking experience, but they have been open to finding new talent to develop even more with the acquisition of sterling bank this year. i was told that i would be contacted by a regional manager, who will make the final decision, for another interview. the pay for the position is $62,000 plus bonuses, and i would be working anywhere between 7am-6pm monday-friday and some saturdays from 8-12. i would do some local traveling as well and i could relocate with all expenses paid if granted a promotion and willing to travel. would also have the opportunity to become a district manager within 2 years, based on performance. district manager's salary starts around $95,000.
 6 years ago '04        #17
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
interview seemed to go well..i was interviewed by a branch manager from another location and the district manager at the same time. they asked me questions based my prior management experience, what style of management do i have, problem solving scenarios, and sales experience. i was advised that typically the position is based on a person with banking experience, but they have been open to finding new talent to develop even more with the acquisition of sterling bank this year. i was told that i would be contacted by a regional manager, who will make the final decision, for another interview. the pay for the position is $62,000 plus bonuses, and i would be working anywhere between 7am-6pm monday-friday and some saturdays from 8-12. i would do some local traveling as well and i could relocate with all expenses paid if granted a promotion and willing to travel. would also have the opportunity to become a district manager within 2 years, based on performance. district manager's salary starts around $95,000.
very very nice man! congrats! sh*t I'll come be your ABM if u ever need one!!
 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM         #18
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
very very nice man! congrats! sh*t I'll come be your ABM if u ever need one!!
well i dont have the job yet. i still have to wait for the regional manager to call and interview me so nothing is set in stone and i have no idea when that will be. im sure the position would pay more money if i had banking experience. i havent heard anything from regions, but i called the branch to see if they had filled the position and they told me they havent hired a branch manager yet and the position is still open. i will say that the interview with comerica bank was done very professional. the interviewers were on time, prepared, and organized. it took place in a quiet room setting and as far as i know, they were very detailed about the position so I wasnt left out in the dark about what was expected, pay, hours, vacation, 401k, stock options, etc

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 06-15-2012 at 03:10 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #19
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 DwRecKeR77053 said:
well i dont have the job yet. i still have to wait for the regional manager to call and interview me so nothing is set in stone and i have no idea when that will be. im sure the position would pay more money if i had banking experience. i havent heard anything from regions, but i called the branch to see if they had filled the position and they told me they havent hired a branch manager yet and the position is still open. i will say that the interview with comerica bank was done very professional. the interviewers were on time, prepared, and organized. it took place in a quiet room setting and as far as i know, they were very detailed about the position so I wasnt left out in the dark about what was expected, pay, hours, vacation, 401k, stock options, etc
meeting with the regional is the final step..and she holds the yes or no..the DM has a "say" but its in the regionals hands...that salary is pretty standard for BMs...what level BM are you? If you are a level one, then its a very good salary to start..go with Comerica..bigger bank, more opportunity to grow
 06-16-2012, 09:56 AM         #20
DwRecKeR77053  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
meeting with the regional is the final step..and she holds the yes or no..the DM has a "say" but its in the regionals hands...that salary is pretty standard for BMs...what level BM are you? If you are a level one, then its a very good salary to start..go with Comerica..bigger bank, more opportunity to grow
yeah its stage one for the first couple of months.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy