Prometheus SPOILER Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #101
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1813 1813
Film is fresh in my head after going 2 see it earlier today (love morning movies), but my 1st thoughts are this film was either really underwhelming or very methodical. I still need time for it to soak in.
 06-16-2012, 05:24 PM         #102
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Time to read up on theories.
[pic - click to view]

06-16-2012, 05:30 PM         #103
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 all3rd said:

As I've documented here, every major sci-fi franchise is based on the theory, including this summer's entry in the Alien series, Prometheus. Alex Jones recently unleashed a rant on how Prometheus was part of some eugenics program or something, but the Dominionist puppet strings are showing more and more every time that guy opens his mouth.

06-16-2012, 06:30 PM         #104
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

RS: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

5 years ago '10        #105
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
 youknowmystelo said:
Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

RS: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an ďour children are misbehaving down thereĒ scenario, there are moments where it looks like weíve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, ďLetsí send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

??? its very posible that that could have happernd in real life and it also would make alot of sence.
 06-16-2012, 06:46 PM         #106
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadydre85 said:
??? its very posible that that could have happernd in real life and it also would make alot of sence.
Why do you continue to try to engage me in a conversation. I don't want to talk to a moron like you.
 5 years ago '08        #107
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
 shadydre85 said:
Lots of sence.
 5 years ago '04        #108
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 06-16-2012, 08:09 PM         #109
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Screwhead said:

But...

Now the Alien franchise becomes a Quintilogy–a purely market-driven neologism following the recent Blu-Ray boxset that labeled the first four Alien films not as a “Quartet” but a “Quadrilogy.” Prometheus is made with the same contempt for the public–as if anyone wanted or needed another repackaging of the sci-fi horror tale.
Lets not act like the GOAT critic ain't tackle on this.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-16-2012 at 08:11 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #110
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 youknowmystelo said:
But...

Lets not act like the GOAT critic ain't tackle on this.

When pressed by the site if this will indeed be an extended cut, Scott was cagey but more or less confirmed that was the case, and seems to have rationalized it by saving it's something Fox wanted. "Maybe. But Iím so happy with this engine, the way it is right now. I think itís fine. I think it works. It can go in a section where, if you really want to tap in, look at the menu. To see how things are long, and itís too long," he said. "Dramatically, Iím about putting bums on seats. For me to separate my idea of commerce from artóIíd be a fool. You canít do that. I wouldnít be allowed to do the films I do. So Iím very user friendly as far as the studios are concerned. To a certain extent, Iím a businessman. Iím aware thatís what I have to do. Itís my job. To say, 'Screw the audience.' You canít do that. 'Am I communicating?' is the question. Am I communicating? Because if Iím not, I need to address it."
 5 years ago '04        #111
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,808 | Props total: 1965 1965
 Mathematic said:
i get the bolded part...but why even have a warning *For men* when its hers???? why even put that warning in the movie?? she did offer s3x to keep him from asking questions about her.. i get what you're saying but all of that is surface....im thinking deeper..or do you think it might have been just a plot hole??
i think it was supposed to be a hint that weyland was actually alive and on the ship the whole time.
 5 years ago '04        #112
space
space
 shaolinkaws said:
also another thing which is so fu*king stupid...there were like 8 cave paintings with the same sh*t right? so why the fu*k were they so excited to find the last one in scotland? and why did they only decide to go into space after finding that one? the previous 7 werent enough evidence of fu*king aliens lmfaoo
why is it that everyone hates the movie doesn't understand simple a.ss sh*t like this

basically if youre a fu*kin idiot you wont like prometheus

these dumb fu*ks want everything just right in front of them.. cant use their brains for nothing
 06-16-2012, 10:19 PM         #113
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shaolinkaws said:
also another thing which is so fu*king stupid...there were like 8 cave paintings with the same sh*t right? so why the fu*k were they so excited to find the last one in scotland? and why did they only decide to go into space after finding that one? the previous 7 werent enough evidence of fu*king aliens lmfaoo
 5 years ago '04        #114
hedake 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,624 | Props total: 9936 9936

[pic - click to view]

mind = blown
 5 years ago '04        #115
space
space
pretty funny "faq" poking fun at the movie.
 5 years ago '04        #116
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
space
$5,756 | Props total: 1266 1266
 hedake said:

[pic - click to view]

mind = blown
cool visual, but you mean to tell me you didn't figure that out while watching the movie?
 5 years ago '10        #117
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
 youknowmystelo said:
Why do you continue to try to engage me in a conversation. I don't want to talk to a moron like you.
aww poor baby!
 5 years ago '06        #118
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18792 18792
 DOOMage said:
This thread gave me greater appreciation for the movie. Bumping up my original 8/10 to an 8.5/10 for now.

I still wish the movie was maybe 20-30 minutes longer.

And my only other gripe is - if the Space Jockey ended up coming after her at the end - then how come in the original Alien the space jockey is still seated in the "cockpit" of the ship that crashed?

the problem is you're confused about the timeline of events and the location of events..

the planet in Prometheus is called LV-223 and the planet in Alien and Aliens is LV-426. These planets are in the same star system (Zeta Reticuli). However in galactic terms, they are relatively close neighbors.

also,

The Engineer in Prometheus is not in his char when he gets chestbursted
Because he's not the same guy as the one in Alien. Different planet, different Space Jockey.

also,

Prometheus is in the same universe but is not a direct prequel to Alien. Prometheus does take place before the discovery of the derelict in Alien.

hope that clears some things up for you...
 5 years ago '08        #119
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23310 23310
 hedake said:

[pic - click to view]

mind = blown
that chart shows one of the problems with this film that's causing confusion on what the black goo actually does.

For some reason they changed Fifeld's mutated state into a acid burned superhuman which doesn't really mesh well with everything else. I think they did that so the Xeno reveal was more of a surprise because Fifeld original changes into a psuedo-xenomorph and they even shot it as such.

[pic - click to view]

peep the super duper long arm.

My own personal theory is that the black stuff has two different outcomes depending on how you come in contact with it. Ingestion leads to a break down of the body while simple touch only mutates you. Because Holloway drunk the stuff like the sacrifice Engineer, he began to break down as the engineer did only at a much slower rate. While Fifield's skin only touched the goo when he fell into the stuff and it morphed him to what should have been the thing on the far right in this photo

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Arson; 06-18-2012 at 01:11 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #120
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7942 7942
 RAZAH CUTS said:
the problem is you're confused about the timeline of events and the location of events..

the planet in Prometheus is called LV-223 and the planet in Alien and Aliens is LV-426. These planets are in the same star system (Zeta Reticuli). However in galactic terms, they are relatively close neighbors.

also,

The Engineer in Prometheus is not in his char when he gets chestbursted
Because he's not the same guy as the one in Alien. Different planet, different Space Jockey.

also,

Prometheus is in the same universe but is not a direct prequel to Alien. Prometheus does take place before the discovery of the derelict in Alien.

hope that clears some things up for you...
plus the space jockey in alien was WAY bigger then the "engineer" in promtheus, so was the chair he used to pilot the craft in alien

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy