most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM         #61
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 notoriousthugzz said:
You thought it sucked but yet you don't understand anything about the movie.

Of course you think it sucked. Maybe if your peebrain had an imagination and could understand this is a FICTIONAL movie in a FICTIONAL time with a FICTIONAL plot you would have enjoyed it. Unfortunately for you this is more than you can handle.
? So imagination is what I'm lacking?......The concept was excellent......but when it came to the point of conclusion the movie did not answer the question that it posed......for that it sucked....it wasn't to complex...it wasn't boring....it just didn't fully equate to a reason for making it.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
When they brought that head back and put it on the lab table, what was the stuff that they were injecting into it? That sh*t had me dying laughing LOL!!!
 6 years ago '12        #63
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Short Pooper:
The "Space Jockey" aliens created life on Earth but then decided to destroy it. The planet the expedition goes to is one of their facilities, containing bioweapon monsters. Only Elizabeth Shaw survives, with David the robot's head, and goes in search of the alien home planet in one of their ships. We see a version of the Xenomorph alien at the end.

Long, long version:
We open with a muscular pale white alien on a desolate planet. He drinks something and dies, his body falling into a river and dissolving into the water.

Cut to later, and Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) finds an ancient archeological site with a cave painting showing a tall being and a pattern of stars. She's very excited as this same pattern is found in many places and many cultures.

We then cut to some years later on board the Prometheus. The robot David is running the ship whilst the crew is in hypersleep. They arrive at their destination and the crew wake. They include the Weyland company executive Meredith Vickers (Charlize Theron), who is paying for the mission. Shaw briefs everyone on the reason for the mission, which they have not so far been told - she believes that aliens created life on Earth and that the constellation of stars drawn in the cave painting shows where the aliens come from - the planet they are now arriving at. She calls the aliens Engineers, as she believes they engineered us.

They take the ship down and find an ancient structure, landing nearby. Exploring, they find it abandoned and dead - but the body of a giant alien is there, along with a room full of odd cases which seem full of black slime. The alien looks just like the "Space Jockey" from the movie Alien.

Most of them head back to the ship as a powerful storm arrives, taking the skull of the alien with them, but two of the expedition are cut off and left behind and must spend the night in the structure.

The alien skull turns out to not be a skull at all but a helmet - the head inside is the same pale skin humanoid species as the alien we see at the start of the film. They try to reanimate it but the procedure goes wrong and the head erupts with goo, almost contaminating the ship.

David, meanwhile, has been acting on orders from some unseen source, apparently acting at odds with the others. He gets a sample of the black goo and deliberately infects Shaw's boyfriend, who has s3x with Shaw and infects her unknowingly.

Back in the structure the cases have leaked black goo all over the place. There are worm like creatures in the goo that k!ll the two scientists left behind. After the storm clears and the team come back they are horrified to find the bodies. Shaw's boyfriend collapses, sick, and they rush back to the ship. But Meredith refuses to let him in and, as the infection is raging through him, he begs her to k!ll him. She uses a flamethrower on him and he collapses.

Shaw comes aboard and finds that she is pregnant - but with an alien, a result of her infection. David tries to force her to keep the creature but she uses a robot surgeon to remove it - a horrible squid-like creature. Worse, her boyfriend's charred body gets up and starts attacking everyone, zombie-like, until eventually they manage to stop him by running a truck over him. Shaw leaves the squid thing locked in the infirmary and warns them all that they have to leave. The Engineer aliens are warriors of some sort, and the various monsters are things they have created as biological weapons. Rather than the "meeting with the gods" she hoped for they have found a planet of horrors, basically.

However, it turns out that the source of David's secret orders is the company head himself, Peter Weyland. He is very old, and hopes the Engineer aliens might be able to restore his health with their advanced knowledge. Under his orders they all go back to the ship and revive the last surviving Engineer, who has been sleeping in a hypersleep tube.

But it goes wrong - the Engineer rips David's head off and brains Weyland with it, activating his ship as Shaw escapes. Apparently the Engineers created life on Earth (this appears to be what the one we saw at the beginning was doing, seeding Earth with his own DNA), and now they intend to destroy it with their monsters.

As his ship lifts off - it's identical to the one the Nostromo finds - the Prometheus captain takes off and rams it, bringing it down. Meredith escapes the crash in a lifeboat which contains the infirmary Shaw used, with the squid monster still in it, but she is then k!lled as the alien ship comes down, leaving only Shaw - and David's head, which is still operating.

The Engineer pilot also survives the crash and comes after Shaw, chasing her into the lifeboat. She releases the squid monster and it jumps on him, ramming a tube into his throat. Shaw escapes with David's head and they take another alien ship. She sets off, determined to find the alien home world and ask them why they decided to destroy Earth.

@ the long version

6 years ago '04        #64
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,833 | Props total: 1995 1995
 Dos-effect said:
? So imagination is what I'm lacking?......The concept was excellent......but when it came to the point of conclusion the movie did not answer the question that it posed......for that it sucked....it wasn't to complex...it wasn't boring....it just didn't fully equate to a reason for making it.
I'm confused. What question did it pose?

I wasn't aware a fictional movie in a fictional place was posing a question.

Like I said, at first leaving it I knew I liked it but I was confused about a lot of stuff.

Once I came to boxden and starting reading more about the background and things ridley scott said as well as the imdb link in this thread on page 2 it really opened my mind up to all the possibilities. A movie hasn't made me think this much since the Matrix or Inception, and to me thats a good thing. All day I've been texting my boy that I saw it with back and forth about it. I can't remember being this excited after seeing a movie in a long time. I guess it's not for everybody.

Last edited by notoriousthugzz; 06-11-2012 at 09:49 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #65
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
It was alright. Nice movie to have in the collection.

I just didn't feel rewarded at the end of the movie. I left with more questions than I had answers..and that is unsatisfying to me. Like the weird Xenomorph was cool, but how is it gonna reproduce with no host bodies ?

I would have loved to see some Predator Tech too.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 06-12-2012 at 01:32 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #66
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,149 | Props total: 15659 15659
 Hyper_Intel said:
When they brought that head back and put it on the lab table, what was the stuff that they were injecting into it? That sh*t had me dying laughing LOL!!!
if i can recall correctly it was something to activate the nerves/ cells in the head.

i thought the move was dope. I def will cop the directors cut. My main questions about this movies are focused on David. What was his agenda? What did he actually say to the Engineer? The Engineer didnt become hostile until he started talking. Why did he put the black goo in the Dr.'s drink? Why didn't he help shaw get rid on the creature inside of her, but decides to help her at the end of the movie? How did he know about the other ships?

so many ?'s

bring on the sequel
 5 years ago '08        #67
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 Hyper_Intel said:
It would have been cool if the head had answered a question or two before it exploded....but fu*k it.

Last edited by supervillain; 06-12-2012 at 09:45 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #68
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,137 | Props total: 859 859
Can someone please explain the following things to me?

1. How did they find the planet based on those cave painting that showed absolutely nothing other than a man pointing up at 4 cirlces on a wall?
2. If the planet was harboring ships with weapons of mass destruction, y would there be painting on walls on earth with a man to get there? And who drew those paintings? If it was humans how did they know of its existence?
3. How did the robot know how to use all the sh*t on the ship to open doors and make those holograms appear?
4. What the fu*k were the hollograms of those ppl running?
5. Why did the guy who got the acid blood on him turn into a crazy zombie?
 5 years ago '10        #69
space
space
 shaolinkaws said:
Can someone please explain the following things to me?

1. How did they find the planet based on those cave painting that showed absolutely nothing other than a man pointing up at 4 cirlces on a wall?
2. If the planet was harboring ships with weapons of mass destruction, y would there be painting on walls on earth with a man to get there? And who drew those paintings? If it was humans how did they know of its existence?
3. How did the robot know how to use all the sh*t on the ship to open doors and make those holograms appear?
4. What the fu*k were the hollograms of those ppl running?
5. Why did the guy who got the acid blood on him turn into a crazy zombie?

ill try to answer what i can.

1. They used the four circles on the paintings to locate a similar pattern of stars in the universe. Once they found the same pattern of stars they discovered that there was a sun and a giant planet with a moon that was capable of sustaining some form of life

2. that is a good question, bc in other movies that have similar drawings of UFO's on walls etc; the people draw the actual space shuttles that they saw. Here they draw the actual stars.

3. he watched the holograms and he learned the language (and i a.ssume diff symbols) throught the research and studying he did the 2 yrs prior to the mission

4. I think it was some type of future surveillance system. Similar space voyage movies always have the previous crew leave some type of tape giving a warning of what went wrong. This was prolly just a different form of that surveillance. Almost like a black box that airplanes use.

5. after the acid got on him he fell into the black goo which transformed him
 5 years ago '06        #70
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
ill try to answer what i can.

1. They used the four circles on the paintings to locate a similar pattern of stars in the universe. Once they found the same pattern of stars they discovered that there was a sun and a giant planet with a moon that was capable of sustaining some form of life

2. that is a good question, bc in other movies that have similar drawings of UFO's on walls etc; the people draw the actual space shuttles that they saw. Here they draw the actual stars.

3. he watched the holograms and he learned the language (and i a.ssume diff symbols) throught the research and studying he did the 2 yrs prior to the mission

4. I think it was some type of future surveillance system. Similar space voyage movies always have the previous crew leave some type of tape giving a warning of what went wrong. This was prolly just a different form of that surveillance. Almost like a black box that airplanes use.

5. after the acid got on him he fell into the black goo which transformed him
thanks..props...question two pissed me off the most...the movie is completely idiotic to me because of it lol
 5 years ago '08        #71
space
space
question:

you guys remember the chamber where Shaw had the cesarean?? when she started, it said that it was only for men. Now how was it only for men when it was located in Vickers' room? If it was hers, then why would it be only for men??? something was fishy about her. When she woke up from the hyper sleep, she does pushups..while the others throw up. She handles David like a rag doll...when idris asked her if she was a android...she really didnt answer the question..

whats was her deal??
 5 years ago '10        #72
space
space
 Mathematic said:
question:

you guys remember the chamber where Shaw had the cesarean?? when she started, it said that it was only for men. Now how was it only for men when it was located in Vickers' room? If it was hers, then why would it be only for men??? something was fishy about her. When she woke up from the hyper sleep, she does pushups..while the others throw up. She handles David like a rag doll...when idris asked her if she was a android...she really didnt answer the question..

whats was her deal??
just bc its designed for men doesn't necessarily mean a women cant use it. Just like mens clothes r designed form men, but some women still wear them. Catch my drift.

As far as Vickers, she said for Idris to meet her in the room in 15 minutes or sumthin along those lines. If i remember correctly that was right before they 2 guys in the tomb are attacked. *assumption* Had idris not been in Vickers room he would have seen the 2 guys being attacked on their camera, but he never saw it so he must have not been in the control room.
 5 years ago '08        #73
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
just bc its designed for men doesn't necessarily mean a women cant use it. Just like mens clothes r designed form men, but some women still wear them. Catch my drift.

As far as Vickers, she said for Idris to meet her in the room in 15 minutes or sumthin along those lines. If i remember correctly that was right before they 2 guys in the tomb are attacked. *assumption* Had idris not been in Vickers room he would have seen the 2 guys being attacked on their camera, but he never saw it so he must have not been in the control room.
i get the bolded part...but why even have a warning *For men* when its hers???? why even put that warning in the movie?? she did offer s3x to keep him from asking questions about her.. i get what you're saying but all of that is surface....im thinking deeper..or do you think it might have been just a plot hole??

Last edited by supervillain; 06-12-2012 at 01:40 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #74
space
space
Evidence for the android theory;

(1) She calls Weyland "Father," but in a sardonic tone. Weyland seems too old to be her father, with Vickers being too young to be his daughter. She may call Weyland father in the same way David refers to Weyland as "father", in the sense that she was made by and serves Weyland.

(2) Vickers also appears to throw David against the wall with ease, which would seem strange if Vickers is indeed human. We see in Alien how hard it is to physically move an android; when Ash attempts to k!ll Ripley it takes two people to stop and restrain him.

(3) The surgery-module in her escape pod only performs operations on males, as shown when Shaw attempts to perform a cesarean section; odd considering the point of such a device would be to heal injuries inflicted on Vickers or the entire crew (or possibly just for Weyland), suggesting that she doesn't need medical a.ssistance.

(4) While Vickers sleeps in a cryo-chamber for the trip and David doesn't; we are shown Ash in Alien to sleep in a cryo chamber as well; Ash was masquerading as human and so Vickers may have been doing the same, especially if she is there to carry out the will of Weyland discreetly. Sleeping in a cryogenic chamber would be good cover and would remove any suspicion.

(5) She shows little or no emotion at the death of Weyland, although he is supposedly her father.

Evidence against android theory;

(1) While Weyland might be considered too old to be her biological father, it's not impossible nor unheard of for men in their later years to father children with younger women; it's also possible that she had spent a good part of her life in cryo sleep while Weyland did not, so she could very well be older than she has aged.

(2) She sleeps in a cryogenic chamber, which an android would not need.

(3) Vicker's first appearance has her recovering from cryo-sleep doing push-ups and just trying to work off the "cryo hangover". Since the only person up and about was David, she wouldn't need to pretend to be human at this point if she was indeed an android.

(4) It's implied that she has s3x with Janek; if she was an android she likely wouldn't have done this.

(5) She shows strong emotions such as anger and despair. She becomes angry with David and panics towards the end of the film. She shows frustration and exhaustion when she is running to her escape pod, which she wouldn't if she were an android.

(6) Vickers is also visually annoyed when Weyland mentions that David is like a "son" to him; if she is human then it's understandable that she is jealous of Weyland's relationship with David.

(7) She becomes angry with Weyland's quest to beat death, which suggests that she is human and capable of showing emotion, unlike David's need to follow his orders.

(8) Vickers mentions that back on Earth, she and Weyland constantly argued about who was in charge of the company. It seems unlikely that Weyland would leave his company to be run by an android. It seems that Vickers was actually his biological daughter. In Weyland's hologram at the beginning, he said David was the closest thing he ever had to a son. He never says he didn't have any daughters.

(9) It's been suggested that the fact that the surgery module in Vickers' quarters is programmed only for males means that she must be synthetic. It's more likely, however, that the surgery module is there for Weyland's use, not hers, which would explain why Vickers is upset at Shaw activating the module early in the movie. Since Weyland's presence aboard the ship was a secret, Vickers wouldn't have wanted Shaw to notice the settings and wonder about them.
found this on IMDB...
 5 years ago '10        #75
space
space
 Mathematic said:
i get the bolded part...but why even have a warning *For men* when its hers???? why even put that warning in the movie?? she did offer s3x to keep him from asking questions about her.. i get what you're saying but all of that is surface....im thinking deeper..or do you think it might have been just a plot hole??
I actually think the medipod was for Weylan. Maybe she lied to Shaw so she wouldnt know why they were really there.

Last edited by lboog1423; 06-12-2012 at 01:52 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #76
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
I actually think the medipod was for Weylan. Maybe she lied to Shaw so she wouldnt know why they were really there.
yea, you're right..a couple posts on IMDB says there were only 5 made and for some reason it couldn't support both genders...so Weylan is an obvious choice.
 5 years ago '06        #77
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
 Mathematic said:
question:

whats was her deal??
the answer to most of ur questions is because the movie was completely idiotic and made no sense too many times...i understand when movies have certain mystery in their plots to make the viewers think, but this movie was straight up retarted at points
 5 years ago '08        #78
space
space
 shaolinkaws said:
the answer to most of ur questions is because the movie was completely idiotic and made no sense too many times...i understand when movies have certain mystery in their plots to make the viewers think, but this movie was straight up retarted at points
trust me, you are not the only one who feels this way...
 5 years ago '06        #79
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
also another thing which is so fu*king stupid...there were like 8 cave paintings with the same sh*t right? so why the fu*k were they so excited to find the last one in scotland? and why did they only decide to go into space after finding that one? the previous 7 werent enough evidence of fu*king aliens lmfaoo
 5 years ago '06        #80
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
the bi*ch was like "i think they want us to come find them!"...id be like obviously u retard i figured this out from the 2nd mural
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy