most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
I read before I saw the movie that Ridley Scott said the Space Jockey is just a suit. But what made him go that route? The character itself is nolonger cool anymore, he made it TOO human. The Space Jockey was 50x more interesting in "Alien" when it was just a dried mummified corpse. We go from the Space Jockey being some huge gigantic skeleton creature to just a pale humanoid in a suit who isnt THAT much bigger than humans. The Space Jockey in "Alien" was big as hell, the length of his arms were longer than a man's entire body hence the fact that they found him in a BIG a.ss ROOM sitting on a HUGE CHAIR in Alien. They took away half his fu*king size in Prometheous, he's so small that he can even fit through doors of human space crafts.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #22
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
 all3rd said:
good theory on why the engineers wanted us dead
 6 years ago '04        #23
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 495 495
sh*t was fu*king dope in imax 3D. I think the engineers were fu*king around with that black liquid and made us, then fu*ked around made the aliens.
 6 years ago '08        #24
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
The space jockey in Alien was a mummified alien skeleton with a chestbuster hole in it's stomach...and then Ridley Scott turned it into a "space suit" with a bald headed wrestling character underneath. Ridiculous, in the first Alien movie the Nostromos Crew even looked inside the fu*king hole that was in the Space Jockey's stomach and there was zero identication of some dude being underneath. This is what happens when plots change over time just to create prequels for $$$$$.
 6 years ago '05        #25
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4276 4276
 Cheeze said:

Cant wait to see this film. Going as soon as i get a day off. I work so damn much
 6 years ago '10        #26
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
The movie was good, it was deff not epic. My biggest problem with the movie was just how fu*king dumb these so called scientist was. Instead of scientist these fools seemed like a bunch of high school students on a field trip to the intergalactic museum of weird. Once inside everybody just wanted to touch all kinda fu*ked up sh*t and the people that had good ideas(lets get the hell outta here) ended up making really stupid ideas. The mohawk guy and the other dude had the greatest idea out of all them fools, because the engineers got k!lled running from some sh*t, they wanted to get the hell back to the ship...First ma fu*kas outta the door and they get lost, lets not forget the mohawk dude got a fu*kin map made by his own little creations. then them mafu*kas get told later on that theirs some sh*t alive in there with them, so they both agree not to go fu*k with whatever it, is but instead of keeping it real these fu*kin fools decide to play with a creepy lookin space snake. Next, after seeing the boyfriend dude get lit the fu*k up, these mafu*kas gonna open the door for dead n*gga folded up like a pretzel, just cause he knocking on they door. I mean damn, dude didnt get cooked alive cause he had a fu*kin cold, obviously nothing good can come of whatever crawls up out that hole. Long story short, the only people that had any common sense on that ship was the n*gga and his co pilots. Everybody else lost they fu*kin minds as soon as they uttered the words "Prometheus has land"

Last edited by walker2781; 06-10-2012 at 12:07 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #27
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23357 23357
interesting. I thought Holloway and got burned alive and they just left him outside the ship and that was the super zombie guy but it was actually Fifield. The guy who cut the worm and got the acid on his face. Didn't realize that at first. So he wasn't dead after that acid got on him so when he fell face first in the black goo it morphed him. Still don't know why son was folded like a beach chair tho.

The creepy shot of Fifield folded up and the acid/glass basically saran wrapping his face have suck with me most

Last edited by Arson; 06-10-2012 at 05:27 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #28
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

very interesting. There was going to be another Engineer(an elder?) that gives the guy at the start the black goo

welp, Prometheus bluray cop confirmed

@JonasRJakobsen hope you liked it! You'll have to wait for the Directors cut for the full opening scene!

so apparently the black goo turns humans into Xenomorphs.

Here's what Fifield was originally going to look like when they showed him outside the ship

[pic - click to view]

I want a sequel just so they can expand of what they have. Also the Xeno that popped out of the Egineer at the end may become a queen. I mean what we saw is essentially the chestburster stage. So that thing is going to be fu*kin huge at its final stage.

Last edited by Arson; 06-10-2012 at 05:51 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #29
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,684 | Props total: 6607 6607
 all3rd said:
good theory on why the engineers wanted us dead
good read
 6 years ago '08        #30
NYG155 
space
space
$1,020 | Props total: 0 0
 Cheeze said:
Thats fu*king crazy.

Space Jesus. Stupid saying it out loud but they explained it logically in that.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I need this book in english asap
What book is that
 6 years ago '04        #31
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 resunsward said:
this movie raises so many questions. its really interesting thinking about them and debating theories. there's the big questions, but there's even small things that make you think too, like when David (the robot) spoke to the space jockey/engineer. I like that they decided not to use subtitles, so you don't know if he really asked Weyland's questions, or Shaw's questions, or even his own question for his own agenda.
That's my biggest question, What exactly did David say to the Engineer? We have no idea, he could have told him to k!ll everyone, we don't know.. Because its obvious David had his own agenda the whole time..
 6 years ago '04        #32
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,485 | Props total: 872 872
Remember david was watching that vid when the movie first started. He asked the Engineer that same thing that he was learning from that vid.
 6 years ago '08        #33
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
 SSJVEGETO said:
Remember david was watching that vid when the movie first started. He asked the Engineer that same thing that he was learning from that vid.
you mean the language training video? he was just watching those to in order to speak to the engineers if they met one. I figured the engineer language was a combination of all our languages since David said he had been watching those future Rosetta Stone videos for the entire 2 year trip.

more theories

Scott said the jockeys are fallen angels and having "all the fun" (creating life, teaching them stuff, etc.), and that paradise must therefore be very different and disturbing, implying that paradise = fu*ked up place that would scare the sh*t out of us and that we would not be comfortable being in, unless to be in a position that is the opposite of the fallen angels (in submission).

Sounds like Xenomorphs-Eden to me.

If the LV-223 Bible thing is true, it implies that even the space jockeys were considered unclean when they came back to the temple (cause they gave knowledge to mankind, etc.), and got fu*ked/punished by the Xenomorphs.

Jockey was going to k!ll humans to fix things, to redeem himself to God.

Prometheus/Alien 1:
Leviticus 22:3

"Say to them: 'For the generations to come, if any of your descendants is ceremonially unclean and yet comes near the sacred offerings that the Israelites consecrate to the LORD, that person must be cut off from my presence. I am the LORD."
So in Prometheus/Alien 1, we see what happens to the unclean. They get punished/killed by God. At the end of Prometheus, the one that wakes up goes back to Earth to undo their "sin", but is k!lled.

Aliens:
Leveticus 4:26

Then he must burn all the goat's fat on the altar, just as he does with the peace offering. Through this process, the priest will purify the leader from his sin, making him right with the LORD, and he will be forgiven.
Here we see why the terraformed Planet in Aliens was full of Xenomorphs: Some other space jockeys are "making a peace offering", to "purify themselves from their sins" to "make themselves right with the LORD and be forgiven".

Maybe yeah the Xenomorphs are just a plague, but whatever the case, paradise is probably very different than what we would expect. The Space Jockeys sinned by giving mankind knowledge and such, were punished, so what is a "faithful" Space Jockey then, what kind of God are they submitting to? We'll find out in Prometheus 2 I guess.
 06-10-2012, 04:30 PM         #34
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
That's my biggest question, What exactly did David say to the Engineer? We have no idea, he could have told him to k!ll everyone, we don't know.. Because its obvious David had his own agenda the whole time..
David says to Shaw before they go see the engineer in hyper sleep,"Don't all children want their parents dead?" Then he says how it's not a "want" because he's a robot and doesn't have "want." He says something else too can't remember what exactly but it's along the lines of being free.

Also, Bishop in Aliens says that the older models were always a bit tricky/dysfunctional so that could explain why David is the way he is.

Pretty symbolic how the engineer rips off David's head and k!lls Weylan with it tho.

I read that the guy who played the engineer at the end did in fact have lines but they were cut. Probably to add more ambiguity to what David actually said to him.
 06-10-2012, 04:32 PM         #35
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
so apparently the black goo turns humans into Xenomorphs.

Here's what Fifield was originally going to look like when they showed him outside the ship

[pic - click to view]

Not likely. It interacts with every organism differently. Don't think it turns humans into Aliens. Or it would have made Fifield into one. It just turned him angry and gave him retard strength. Just like it made the worms that went into the black goo serpent-esque, more religious overtones as well, and angry.

Arson said:
I want a sequel just so they can expand of what they have. Also the Xeno that popped out of the Egineer at the end may become a queen. I mean what we saw is essentially the chestburster stage. So that thing is going to be fu*kin huge at its final stage.
It's possible but the thing is they already have shown what the life cycle of the Alien is in the movie with this pic - Alien Life Cycle in the movie

[pic - click to view]

(you can see the face of the big head is in it as well)

Giger's original life cycle

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

- If you look at the bottom left and right you'll see the face huggers with two people

So you gotta wonder what stage this is at or if it is 'new' since they've already got a crucified Xenomorph, more religious stuff, in their ship.

NYG155 said:
What book is that
It's the art book/sketchings for Prometheus. Comes out Tuesday on Amazon.
 6 years ago '08        #36
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
 Cheeze said:
Not likely. It interacts with every organism differently. Don't think it turns humans into Aliens. Or it would have made Fifield into one. It just turned him angry and gave him retard strength. Just like it made the worms that went into the black goo serpent-esque, more religious overtones as well, and angry.

He looks Xenomorph-ish in the pic of what he was originally going change into. I think they changed the design and went with a earlier stage of mutation because him changing into something that resembles a Xeno at the half way point that early in the movie takes away from the Proto-Xeno in the last scene.

sketch of the possible evolution

[pic - click to view]

As far as the mural goes

[pic - click to view]

Giger's original life cycle is still very intact in Prometheus, Shaw gives birth to what becomes a facehugger that latches on to Engineer that gives birth to a chestburster that becomes a Xeno. But since we were dealing with a face hugger that was so huge that latched onto a host that was just as big you got a pretty big xeno baby. Which leads me to believe, full speculation mode here, that's the origin of a Queen Xeno.

So using that line of thinking that engineers create queens, The Engineer(Space Jockey) in the chair in Alien gave birth to the queen we see in Aliens.

And if I remember correctly, there' s a sack similar to the one the baby facehugger was in attached to the Proto-Xeno at the end of Prometheus.
 06-10-2012, 05:48 PM         #37
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:

[pic - click to view]

Giger's original life cycle is still very intact in Prometheus, Shaw gives birth to what becomes a facehugger that latches on to Engineer that gives birth to a chestburster that becomes a Xeno. But since we were dealing with a face hugger that was so huge that latched onto a host that was just as big you got a pretty big xeno baby. Which leads me to believe, full speculation mode here, that's the origin of a Queen Xeno.

So using that line of thinking that engineers create queens, The Engineer(Space Jockey) in the chair in Alien gave birth to the queen we see in Aliens.

And if I remember correctly, there' s a sack similar to the one the baby facehugger was in attached to the Proto-Xeno at the end of Prometheus.
The thing is tho that they're on a different planet/site so I don't know how the Queen makes it to the LV-426 site from Alien/Aliens.

Also in Alien 3, even tho it sucked and not sure they'd regard it as continuity for story, Ripley had a Queen burst out of her.
 6 years ago '08        #38
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
 Cheeze said:
The thing is tho that they're on a different planet/site so I don't know how the Queen makes it to the LV-426 site from Alien/Aliens.

Also in Alien 3, even tho it sucked and not sure they'd regard it as continuity for story, Ripley had a Queen burst out of her.
What I meant was that a queen is birthed from a Engineer. Since the Engineer in Alien had a hole in him from a chestburster I was speculating that that chestburster became the queen we see in Aliens, not that the Xeno/Queen in Prometheus is the one on LV-426.

As far as Alien 3 goes I think they only used 1 & 2 as the base lore for Prometheus.
 6 years ago '09        #39
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,455 | Props total: 8560 8560
just finished watching the film and the plot left so many gaping holes, now i gotta go home and research sh*t to try to get anwsers.

i hate this.

Ridley Scott trolled everybody
 6 years ago '04        #40
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
This movie makes me said because it wipes out the entire aliens vs predator movie history

I actually like avp 1
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy