Teen Beaten and Robbed for Sneakers [in Seattle]

most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
14 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 31 31
 Trolling said:
1. You forgot to mention Oligopoly which arises from economies of scale and a few suppliers . This allows sneaker firms to be a price maker not a price taker. That's why Jordan can sell his sneaker for 150 and people will still buy it . and oh yea if Jordan was supplying enough he would continue to make the products well past the intial drop date , instead of restricting it and causing an illusion of exclusitivity when he is within his means to produce. However when as he prices he sees that in essence after he reaches a certain number of sneakers produced his profit margin will fall as he continues to produce more .

2.Anti - Trust laws are for competition and the customer has plenty of choices so its irrelevant in this case
3. Yes sneakers do cost 15 dollars a pair once again economies of scale .
4. and if you re read my post and actually know about economics you would see what we refer to as a black market only can arise when there is a restriction of supply that cannot meet the excess demand ... something which you clearly try to restate ... but just proved my point .

I can keep going on and on about why Nike , Reebok , and Adidas are in a Oligopolistic competition which differs from perfect competition . But I don't have time to teach anyone the basics of economics .

and its always about supply and demand.

[pic - click to view]

you sound like a fellow business major, economics huh?
 06-07-2012, 08:56 AM         #82
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LeMar G said:
Lol what 300% tax

Do you understand the sneaker economy? Do you understand what a legitimate business is?

This realm or idea where the cost of shoes is pennies is false. But I'm not gonna argue with you.

Your opinion is limited by your basic understandings of retail economics.
i can't tell if you're fu*king serious.

talking about retail economics and you don't understand the concept of markup?

cheap/child labor, inhumane conditions, and a people entrenched in severe poverty have been taken advantage of by these shoe companies for decades in the open. they make these shoes for pennies on the dollar and sell them for 50-100x the cost of production of more. fool.

the sneaker economy is one of the longest running human rights violations in the world today and you're playing oblivious just so you don't feel bad rocking them ugly motherfu*kers

please, be my guest:
 6 years ago '07        #83
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 iThink said:
i can't tell if you're fu*king serious.

talking about retail economics and you don't understand the concept of markup?

cheap/child labor, inhumane conditions, and a people entrenched in severe poverty have been taken advantage of by these shoe companies for decades in the open. they make these shoes for pennies on the dollar and sell them for 50-100x the cost of production of more. fool.

the sneaker economy is one of the longest running human rights violations in the world today and you're playing oblivious just so you don't feel bad rocking them ugly motherfu*kers

please, be my guest:
You misunderstood the cost of production from that article. The $3.50 per Air Max is the equivalent to what the laborers earn for their time. It has nothing to do with the cost of the materials going into the shoe.

Anyhow, the human rights aspect is what it is. Not really relevant to the economic and market end here in the first world. Sad to say, but these factories stay in business because even with the low wages, the factory work is among the most stable opportunities for them.
 6 years ago '06        #84
LeMar G 241 heat pts241
space
space
$15,567 | Props total: 35702 35702
 KeithHernandez said:
You misunderstood the cost of production from that article. The $3.50 per Air Max is the equivalent to what the laborers earn for their time. It has nothing to do with the cost of the materials going into the shoe.

Anyhow, the human rights aspect is what it is. Not really relevant to the economic and market end here in the first world. Sad to say, but these factories stay in business because even with the low wages, the factory work is among the most stable opportunities for them.
Thanks for explaining this. I refuse to argue with these people who think because they read an article they are business savvy
 6 years ago '06        #85
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 6 years ago '04        #86
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 KeithHernandez said:
How do you know they're not supplying enough? Look at the Post Your Pickups thread and check my man fdot with a trunk full of Miami Vice Elite 9s. Look at his other posts with KDIV N7s and Sprite Penny 2s. Out of all of those, the Miami Vice 9s probably had the highest demand -- especially if you use blogs and boards to gauge the markets. But you could not walk into most stores the afternoon that they dropped and find your size, because the most efficient resellers got a network of dudes cleaning out the town.

And I ain't even trying to call homeboy out, but he knows what he's doing. Your 11th Grade "Supply & Demand" lesson in basic economics doesn't factor how the demand is influenced by an exhausted supply, effectively reshaping the market. This is more akin to antitrust laws, in place to prevent business (in this case, people) from controlling the market and charging whatever they want for goods. It doesn't matter if it's an essential item (like running water), or something material (like running shoes).

As for the claims throughout the thread that sneakers cost $15 to make -- that argument is old and it sounds like something my mom used to say when we were extra poor and she couldn't afford to get me a new pair of kicks.

No one knows how much sneakers cost to make once the factory gets a hold of them. Synthetic leathers might be of less value than cow hide, but the R&D into making it isn't cheap. Either way, none of the a.ssumptions factor what the brands do to develop their shoes.

This means samples that get made two years before the kicks release. This means wear tests with different athletes. This means things like flying media in from all around the country, with the hopes that A+ accommodations means an A++ review on the blogs and Twitter feeds of popular tastemakers. This means the oil that goes into making the rubber soles, that also goes into the ships and planes and trucks and vans that deliver the sneakers from that Chinese factory to your Foot Locker shelves. This means the skyrocketing cost of cotton. Yes, cotton. This means the salaries of the staff that essentially keep Oregon relevant. This means the marketing dollars into cool one-minute commercials on YouTube.

This means a whole lot of sh*t people don't really get when they wanna stammer on about how cheap sneakers really are, when they don't have a clue.

smh

look. . .either the supply isnt enough or the price that they set in stores is too low for what the market bears. Just because Foot locker pricing these sh*ts for $150 doesnt mean that theyre really $150 shoes. Its people out there willing to pay more than that for them because its worth more than that to them

Dude that got beat up copped shoes and sold them for whatever theyre really worth to buyers.

If Nike made more of these sh*ts available, then you wouldnt have resellers making bank off reselling because there wouldnt be a shortage

alternatively, if Foot Locker was charging $600 for these joints, you wouldnt have a shortage either and there wouldnt be any extra reseller

sneaker heads just mad cause they too broke to cop for the actual value of the shoe. If you only got 150 bucks in ya sneaker budget, you shouldnt be able to afford to get some exclusive limited edition sh*t that people willing to pay 600+ for

cop a pair of uptowns and stfu about resellers
 6 years ago '11        #87
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 dude hustles said:
It's a way I life I been on it forever, I've done wild sh*t fr kicks and they have a significant importance to me. Sneakers is a dirty game and the resellers in this game are dirty. Every release if u dot have a hookup is some bullsh*t nowadays it's passed pay ur bread and wait in line and they took it there. I could give a fu*k about another man tryin make a buck when I'm goin to great lengths to spend hundreds.
I don't agree with dude getting fu*ked up or k!lled for reselling sneakers, cause if you don't wanna pay his prices, then just find somewhere else to buy from, that doesn't make it justified to fu*k him up and take his sh*t. It's wrong and lowdown and being a reseller doesn't compare to being the scum who did that sh*t. I don't respect thieves.

With that being said, the sneaker game is dirty. You gotta treat this sh*t like the crack game now, so if you doing a meet up you better walk heavy cause sh*t is real right now. With the hype machine Nike and JB is riding, people are going nuts for sneakers right now. And the RESELLERS are allowing it and encouraging it. They're almost the sole reason for the way things are right now. Copping multiple pairs of the most popular size just to resell? fu*k your mother for having you you fu*king prick. That's natural order you're fu*king with. That is why so many here have so little respect for them. But yeah, no one should be fu*ked up and put in a neck brace for selling sneakers at a very high price. He can do that.
 6 years ago '11        #88
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 KeithHernandez said:
How do you know they're not supplying enough? Look at the Post Your Pickups thread and check my man fdot with a trunk full of Miami Vice Elite 9s. Look at his other posts with KDIV N7s and Sprite Penny 2s. Out of all of those, the Miami Vice 9s probably had the highest demand -- especially if you use blogs and boards to gauge the markets. But you could not walk into most stores the afternoon that they dropped and find your size, because the most efficient resellers got a network of dudes cleaning out the town.

And I ain't even trying to call homeboy out, but he knows what he's doing. Your 11th Grade "Supply & Demand" lesson in basic economics doesn't factor how the demand is influenced by an exhausted supply, effectively reshaping the market. This is more akin to antitrust laws, in place to prevent business (in this case, people) from controlling the market and charging whatever they want for goods. It doesn't matter if it's an essential item (like running water), or something material (like running shoes).

As for the claims throughout the thread that sneakers cost $15 to make -- that argument is old and it sounds like something my mom used to say when we were extra poor and she couldn't afford to get me a new pair of kicks.

No one knows how much sneakers cost to make once the factory gets a hold of them. Synthetic leathers might be of less value than cow hide, but the R&D into making it isn't cheap. Either way, none of the a.ssumptions factor what the brands do to develop their shoes.

This means samples that get made two years before the kicks release. This means wear tests with different athletes. This means things like flying media in from all around the country, with the hopes that A+ accommodations means an A++ review on the blogs and Twitter feeds of popular tastemakers. This means the oil that goes into making the rubber soles, that also goes into the ships and planes and trucks and vans that deliver the sneakers from that Chinese factory to your Foot Locker shelves. This means the skyrocketing cost of cotton. Yes, cotton. This means the salaries of the staff that essentially keep Oregon relevant. This means the marketing dollars into cool one-minute commercials on YouTube.

This means a whole lot of sh*t people don't really get when they wanna stammer on about how cheap sneakers really are, when they don't have a clue.
I'm shedding tears.
 6 years ago '12        #89
eCity 420 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
 ImInHerMouth said:
I don't agree with dude getting fu*ked up or k!lled for reselling sneakers, cause if you don't wanna pay his prices, then just find somewhere else to buy from, that doesn't make it justified to fu*k him up and take his sh*t. It's wrong and lowdown and being a reseller doesn't compare to being the scum who did that sh*t. I don't respect thieves.

With that being said, the sneaker game is dirty. You gotta treat this sh*t like the crack game now, so if you doing a meet up you better walk heavy cause sh*t is real right now. With the hype machine Nike and JB is riding, people are going nuts for sneakers right now. And the RESELLERS are allowing it and encouraging it. They're almost the sole reason for the way things are right now. Copping multiple pairs of the most popular size just to resell? fu*k your mother for having you you fu*king prick. That's natural order you're fu*king with. That is why so many here have so little respect for them. But yeah, no one should be fu*ked up and put in a neck brace for selling sneakers at a very high price. He can do that.
Exactly, we have grown men picking up GS sizes just to fu*kin resell. Shoes that are ugly and aint even exclusive, resellers out there trying to cake off shoes that are still on the shelves too. I jst hope someone else aint dumb enough to buy it off them.

How you buy a shoes 1 minute ago for 200 and 1 minute later trying to sell for 600$?? thats some grimey a.ss sh*t. Ive seen dudes buy them candy cane 14s and try to flip for 250 when that sh*t is still sitting on the shelves.. they aint nothin but some greedy f*ggots that try to take advantage of people.
 6 years ago '11        #90
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
 RalphLaurenJR said:
you sound like a fellow business major, economics huh?
BBA in Finance
 6 years ago '06        #91
bdogg81 1 heat pts
space
space
$433 | Props total: 0 0
resellers thats that shist sneakerheads dont like
 06-07-2012, 09:37 PM         #92
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's why you always got a homie armed too
 06-07-2012, 10:22 PM         #93
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
see this is what supply and demand do. why don't they just do preorder and limit buying to 2 fu*king crazy
 6 years ago '11        #94
IAmABeast 2 heat pts
space
space
$994 | Props total: 138 138
 FlyElite23 said:
justice is served
bi*ch a.ss resellers
you know how dumb you sound right?
 6 years ago '04        #95
Thuggy C 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
Don't feel bad for dude. He ain't niketown who is he to set a price
 6 years ago '04        #96
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
How you a reseller & agree to sell kicks in a parking lot?
Its sad but dudes an idiot.
You agree to sell 3 pairs of kicks to 1 dude & he shows up with 2 other people?
Sus from the start. . .
 06-08-2012, 03:23 AM         #97
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas in this thread have no problem with nike robbing them just a n*gga tryin to make money fu*kin f*ggots

this dude is a dumbass though
 6 years ago '11        #98
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Dumbass people in this thread every store is a reseller they buy the product from the company and resell it to you for double
 6 years ago '10        #99
Based Nobleman 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,092 | Props total: 244 244
 eCity 420 said:
Re sellers are robbers.. they robbing people of kicks they genuinely want to wear to r*pe some one else with their high fees. thinking they put in hard work because they have no life and cop pairs of shoes before anyone else can..

I hate re sellers and i really hope people learn from this.. Stop being so fu*kin greedy and just let people enjoy sh*t.
i agree

sometimes i wanna cop sum rare kicks but the only ones i can find are double retail price on ebay and even then im not sure if theyll be rallly authentic ....
 6 years ago '10        #100
Based Nobleman 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,092 | Props total: 244 244
 Kingpin 313 said:
Dumbass people in this thread every store is a reseller they buy the product from the company and resell it to you for double
cont. from last post ::::: this is kinda true lol but then again no sh*t SOMEONE has to sell it to the public . the store

i think u tryna justify him reselling but this guy buying hella extra kicks and selling em for profit is a totally diff thing from a store selling the kicks whether he likes the actual kicks or not

my point is sh*t doesnt really matter .... im high
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
118 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
121 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
95 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lakers Guard KCP Is Not Allowed To Leave The State Of California After Dru..
50 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy