Teen Beaten and Robbed for Sneakers [in Seattle]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
142 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
 ATLien2g2 said:
thats fu*ked up but if you don't have at least 1 person to go with you then meet in a public place thats crowded. that will decrease the chances of something like that happening. the one time i sold something off of craigslist i had my gun and met the person inside of mcdonald's.
fu*king dead bro, but you're actually the smart one for doing so, too many stories bout these same setups. when will people learn
 6 years ago '04        #62
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 4 4
 dude hustles said:
I don't even post much but I'm a sneaker head to the core. I DO IT DOR THE LOVE!!!!! NEVER EVER in my life have a not gotten a pair of kicks on or before release day, an I don't give a fu*k about a wait, I've waited days in line to cop kicks just to wear. I don't kno why, people say I'm sick in the yea but I love this game right here.

And when u have motherfu*kers without sh*t else to do, bring they brothers they moms, girls, kids, cousins friends etc coppin multiple pair in sizes no where close to theres, and don't even kno what fu*kin sneaker is commin out, and kno nothing about the culture. U see these peoPle standing in ur way sh*tting on somethin u love making it unattainable for u to get them, the sneakers cost enough as it fu*kin is and they keep goin up by Nike and jb.

But yea fu*k a reseller, I wish they k!lled his a.ss and I hope it starts to happen more often to more resellers around the country. Let the sneaker game to back to how it used to be. Back in the day u used to have to be somewhat somebody to wear ur shuts on ur feet, now every lame with a cc think they entitled to multiple pairs when the stores only sell em one at a time. fu*k A RESLLER ALL Y'ALL COULD SUCK d!ck AND DIE!!!
So you got a name like dude hustles and your hating on his hustle. Clown. Wish they had k!lled him? You cant be serious. Sneakerhead or not your giving too much power to JB and Nike allowing them to control your simple mind. Get a real life and act like a grown man and quit worrying about someone buying shoes you cant get. You cant be serious you want someone to die because they buy three pairs of shoes and sell them as their hustle and you cant get one. Wow
 6 years ago '10        #63
dude hustles 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 779 779
Resellers camp out in front of stores for WEEKS. Why? Cause they want a $400 profit more than you want those sneakers for retail apparently. It's the reseller's fault you don't have the time/care to camp out next to him?

He's not robbing anyone. He bought something for retail and is selling it for a profit. No one is putting a gun to your head to buy them, but if someone is that desperate for a some leather and laces, then paying $400 over retail shouldn't be a big deal.
It's passed that u can only camp at a store with an independent entrance. Ur not allowed I camp at most malls the drama starts when u have hundred of people arriving in a short timespan who all feel entitled. We all put this work in and u wanna grab up all the pairs sothe dude who got to the parking lot before but took 2 secs longer to hit the line gotta pay double. U should die son people die for less every single day in every part of the world, where u from?

So is the argument that you can't be a sneakerhead and a reseller at the same time? if that's the arguement...its a stupid one.
Everybody has connects most stores are one per person unless ur scheming.
 6 years ago '10        #64
dude hustles 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 779 779
So you got a name like dude hustles and your hating on his hustle. Clown. Wish they had k!lled him? You cant be serious. Sneakerhead or not your giving too much power to JB and Nike allowing them to control your simple mind. Get a real life and act like a grown man and quit worrying about someone buying shoes you cant get. You cant be serious you want someone to die because they buy three pairs of shoes and sell them as their hustle and you cant get one. Wow
It's a way I life I been on it forever, I've done wild sh*t fr kicks and they have a significant importance to me. Sneakers is a dirty game and the resellers in this game are dirty. Every release if u dot have a hookup is some bullsh*t nowadays it's passed pay ur bread and wait in line and they took it there. I could give a fu*k about another man tryin make a buck when I'm goin to great lengths to spend hundreds.
 6 years ago '06        #65
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18816 18816
fu*kin re-sellers should stick to the internet streets like they used to... don't come out in the real world with these knuckleheads, meetin up and all that BS.. you'll get ya sh*t took...
 6 years ago '10        #66
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,654 | Props total: 4491 4491
 LeMar G said:
Lol what 300% tax

Do you understand the sneaker economy? Do you understand what a legitimate business is?

This realm or idea where the cost of shoes is pennies is false.But I'm not gonna argue with you.

Your opinion is limited by your basic understandings of retail economics.
you cant be serious

the shoes dont cost more than 15 dollars to make while they give the lil asian boy 4 cents for the making the shoes for them

youre paying for a name, not the shoes

what the dood did is not robbing because for one, if any idiot decides to pay that much because of "how rare" are the name brand of the shoes then thats on them

also its completely legal

ignorance I swear

Last edited by kiddrocay; 06-06-2012 at 10:10 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #67
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,654 | Props total: 4491 4491
 RAZAH CUTS said:
fu*kin re-sellers should stick to the internet streets like they used to... don't come out in the real world with these knuckleheads, meetin up and all that BS.. you'll get ya sh*t took...
are you serious, foot-locker is a reseller of shoes, they dont make the shoes

what is going on in the world
 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM         #68
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gottagat said:
fukk up.cac
And who the fu*k are you
 6 years ago '04        #69
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,318 | Props total: 5740 5740
 HATEWILL! said:
ppl strapped with guns and mcdoubles
Damn right he may have met them in a public place. But n*gga might pay n wait for your a.ss to leave to try n jack that sh*t back & take sneaks.
 6 years ago '11        #70
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
This is all on the supply side they don't release enough , so it creates a black market and arbitrage opportunity due to the shortage. If the supplier released more then this black market for shoes will not exist .
 6 years ago '10        #71
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 shaneinsane said:
And who the fu*k are you
change ur avy and put Andrew luck in it you f*ggot pos
 6 years ago '05        #72
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,267 | Props total: 28692 28692
i just gotta say this, Renton is NOT Seattle.... Renton is on some different sh*t, i guess thats a nice way to put it... not to say we aint wildin out everywhere but those cats in Renton are scandalous and broke... honestly before i even read this i had it in my head that it was either White Center or Renton lol
 6 years ago '05        #73
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,267 | Props total: 28692 28692
 eCity 420 said:
Re sellers are robbers.. they robbing people of kicks they genuinely want to wear to r*pe some one else with their high fees. thinking they put in hard work because they have no life and cop pairs of shoes before anyone else can..

I hate re sellers and i really hope people learn from this.. Stop being so fu*kin greedy and just let people enjoy sh*t.

HOMIE!!! where did u cop that shirt in your avy??? is that a Casual Industries tee?? i need that in my life
 6 years ago '04        #74
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
fu*k those fake a.ss sneakhead resellers.. let this be a lesson for the rest of you.
 6 years ago '04        #75
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,163 | Props total: 9591 9591
yall are k!lling me
 6 years ago '04        #76
GoAirplane 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 13 13
corny qack who probably has very little sneaker knowledge sans what he's learned on nt and sn in the past few years.

Regardless, resellers are why this 20 year shoe veteran had to jump off the train. It's stupendous and when you're 30... collecting something you don on your feet seems extremely trivial.

As a seattleite and seeing where sneakerdom has gone and what its become in the last year (yeah, it got type corny right after the concord release, cats who were never into sneakers suddenly eating everything up) makes you jaded and turns you the fukk off. The interest has dissipated and i'm on to different ventures. *knits sweater*

6 years ago '06        #77
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,892 | Props total: 25681 25681
I rolled with my boy to sale a ps3 when they first came out and nobody could find them he had his gun and i had mine (registered of course) i stayed on the other side of the car while my boy was on the side with the dude this n*gga had three n*ggas with him looked like they were up to no good. These n*ggas got out the car standing in front inching closer and closer to my side while the other two towards my boys side i gave him the look and we pulled out. n*ggas froze up talking about what's all this for i'm like why you n*gga creepin? Nah man it ain't even like that we was just coming to talk. i gave them the look and said iight we can talk of course they had nothing to say and left without buying it...
 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM         #78
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black people.....

the guy selling the shoes shoulda been smart and brang a few people with him to sell them, or at least have a gun on. you cant trust people in today's society
 6 years ago '07        #79
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14945 14945
only on boxden i agree tho he should bring some of his guys owith him when selling shoes

i bought some stuff off craiglist i brought 2 homies with me

but what he doing is not illegal what he is doing has been done forever

all that your a true sneaker head and all foh

respect that man hustle he puts up a price and people pay for it

but i bet i jb or nike put out enough shoes for everybody to buy this wouldnt be a problem
 6 years ago '11        #80
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
 KeithHernandez said:
How do you know they're not supplying enough? Look at the Post Your Pickups thread and check my man fdot with a trunk full of Miami Vice Elite 9s. Look at his other posts with KDIV N7s and Sprite Penny 2s. Out of all of those, the Miami Vice 9s probably had the highest demand -- especially if you use blogs and boards to gauge the markets. But you could not walk into most stores the afternoon that they dropped and find your size, because the most efficient resellers got a network of dudes cleaning out the town.

And I ain't even trying to call homeboy out, but he knows what he's doing. Your 11th Grade "Supply & Demand" lesson in basic economics doesn't factor how the demand is influenced by an exhausted supply, effectively reshaping the market. This is more akin to antitrust laws, in place to prevent business (in this case, people) from controlling the market and charging whatever they want for goods. It doesn't matter if it's an essential item (like running water), or something material (like running shoes).

As for the claims throughout the thread that sneakers cost $15 to make -- that argument is old and it sounds like something my mom used to say when we were extra poor and she couldn't afford to get me a new pair of kicks.

No one knows how much sneakers cost to make once the factory gets a hold of them. Synthetic leathers might be of less value than cow hide, but the R&D into making it isn't cheap. Either way, none of the a.ssumptions factor what the brands do to develop their shoes.

This means samples that get made two years before the kicks release. This means wear tests with different athletes. This means things like flying media in from all around the country, with the hopes that A+ accommodations means an A++ review on the blogs and Twitter feeds of popular tastemakers. This means the oil that goes into making the rubber soles, that also goes into the ships and planes and trucks and vans that deliver the sneakers from that Chinese factory to your Foot Locker shelves. This means the skyrocketing cost of cotton. Yes, cotton. This means the salaries of the staff that essentially keep Oregon relevant. This means the marketing dollars into cool one-minute commercials on YouTube.

This means a whole lot of sh*t people don't really get when they wanna stammer on about how cheap sneakers really are, when they don't have a clue.

1. You forgot to mention Oligopoly which arises from economies of scale and a few suppliers . This allows sneaker firms to be a price maker not a price taker. That's why Jordan can sell his sneaker for 150 and people will still buy it . and oh yea if Jordan was supplying enough he would continue to make the products well past the intial drop date , instead of restricting it and causing an illusion of exclusitivity when he is within his means to produce. However when as he prices he sees that in essence after he reaches a certain number of sneakers produced his profit margin will fall as he continues to produce more .

2.Anti - Trust laws are for competition and the customer has plenty of choices so its irrelevant in this case
3. Yes sneakers do cost 15 dollars a pair once again economies of scale .
4. and if you re read my post and actually know about economics you would see what we refer to as a black market only can arise when there is a restriction of supply that cannot meet the excess demand ... something which you clearly try to restate ... but just proved my point .

I can keep going on and on about why Nike , Reebok , and Adidas are in a Oligopolistic competition which differs from perfect competition . But I don't have time to teach anyone the basics of economics .

and its always about supply and demand.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Trolling; 06-07-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy