Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
175 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #1
12076 pageviews
197 comments

144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
Jun 5 - Cannabis Risk's? New studies

Experts are warning that the public dangerously underestimates the health risks linked to smoking cannabis.

The British Lung Foundation carried out a survey of 1,000 adults and found a third wrongly believed cannabis did not harm health.

And 88% incorrectly thought tobacco cigarettes were more harmful than cannabis ones - when the risk of lung cancer is actually 20 times higher.

The BLF said the lack of awareness was "alarming".
Widely used

Latest figures show that 30% of 16-59 year-olds in England and Wales have used cannabis in their lifetimes.

A new report from the BLF says there are established scientific links between smoking cannabis and tuberculosis, acute bronchitis and lung cancer.

Cannabis has also been shown to increase chances of developing mental health problems such as schizophrenia.

Part of the reason for this, say the experts, is that people smoking cannabis take deeper puffs and hold them for longer than when smoking tobacco cigarettes.

This means that someone smoking a cannabis cigarette inhales four times as much tar as from a tobacco cigarette, and five times as much carbon monoxide, the BLF says.

Its survey found that young people are particularly unaware of the risks.

Almost 40% of the under-35s surveyed - the age group most likely to have smoked it - thought cannabis was not harmful.

However, each cannabis cigarette they smoke increases their chances of developing lung cancer by as much as an entire packet of 20 tobacco cigarettes, the BLF warned.

Its chief executive, Dame Helena Shovelton, said: "It is alarming that, while new research continues to reveal the multiple health consequences of smoking cannabis, there is still a dangerous lack of public awareness of quite how harmful this drug can be.

"This is not a niche problem - cannabis is one of the most widely-used recreational drugs in the UK, with almost a third of the population having tried it.

"We therefore need a serious public health campaign - of the kind that has helped raise awareness of the dangers of eating fatty foods or smoking tobacco - to finally dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is somehow a safe pastime."

The BLF's report says there should be a public education programme to raise awareness of the impact of smoking cannabis and increased investment in research into the health consequences of its use

[pic - click to view]

BBC News - Health risks of cannabis 'underestimated', experts warn

[pic - click to view]

197 comments for "Jun 5 - Cannabis Risk's? New studies"

06-05-2012, 10:32 PM         #2
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
been tellin cats this for years...but popular belief is king in this world. smoke inhalation is smoke inhalation no matter what your smoking. and too much of anything is BAD for you.
 6 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,183 | Props total: 19733 19733
only thing @ risk when high, is the sh*t in my fridge

but of course inhaling smoke is bad, moderation is key.
 6 years ago '04        #4
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,834 | Props total: 4 4
Just buy a vape...or a nice bong...point is don't smoke anything with paper (joints, blunts)....
 6 years ago '07        #5
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15989 15989
 hollatchadude said:
been tellin cats this for years...but popular belief is king in this world. smoke inhalation is smoke inhalation no matter what your smoking. and too much of anything is BAD for you.
who has gotten lung cancer from smoking weed.. and this study is about smoking joints.. the paper used to smoke them is what reacts with different chemicals to cause this.

Which is why there is the vaporizer... furthermore this is a smear tactic..and propanganda .

They not going to say isht about ingesting it.. and if it was readily available (legal) I would be more prone to buying a cannibis ginger ale than smoking it..
 6 years ago '11        #6
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Franchise08 said:
Just buy a vape...or a nice bong...point is don't smoke anything with paper (joints, blunts)....
hitting it from a bong is just as bad more or less.. Vapes are the only way to go if you want the safest method of "smoking"
 6 years ago '05        #7
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 hollatchadude said:
Anyone with any common sense knows breathing any smoke is bad... But this bsquare about connections between weed and lung cancer is bullsh*t...

So is the 4 times amount of tar as a cig... Sure its true but what they fail to tellyou is that your body can remove marijuana tar from the lungs but it can't remove tobacco tar....
 6 years ago '11        #8
space
space
 Freemind said:
Anyone with any common sense knows breathing any smoke is bad... But this bsquare about connections between weed and lung cancer is bullsh*t...

So is the 4 times amount of tar as a cig... Sure its true but what they fail to tellyou is that your body can remove marijuana tar from the lungs but it can't remove tobacco tar....
source?
 6 years ago '08        #9
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,736 | Props total: 1216 1216
And 88% incorrectly thought tobacco cigarettes were more harmful than cannabis ones

lmfao the propaganda here is on a whole other level
 6 years ago '09        #10
kingrey 
space
space
$496 | Props total: 5 5
you potheads are CRAZY defensive, lmao. this is a bunch of propaganda though. schizophrenia? gtfoh. only thing it portrays accurately is the harmful effects of smoking (this is true of inhaling ANY kind of smoke). that, and they forget to mention that it's not good for people with bad hearts. blood pressure drops and standing heart rate doubles. sucks, but it could lead to a heart attack.
 6 years ago '09        #11
messy marv stan 4529 heat pts4529
space
space
$53,701 | Props total: 66364 66364
 kingrey said:
and they forget to mention that it's not good for people with bad hearts. blood pressure drops and standing heart rate doubles. sucks, but it could lead to a heart attack.
they could just consume some edibles instead
 6 years ago '04        #12
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
Just eat edibles and use vaporizors. Problem solved.
 6 years ago '09        #13
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
Different strains have different side effects. I can smoke hash and have a blast but any form of weed puts me into a straight panic attack, EVERY TIME. I just can't do it anymore. But it never happened up until I freaked out on the synthetic BS. Ruined the real stuff for me.
 6 years ago '08        #14
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,943 | Props total: 5500 5500
 DEDOS said:
dosent vaporizors waste weed tho?

meaning you would have to burn more weed to get the same high?

somebody school me on this just asking
Just reverse what you just said and that's it.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
source?
Im on my cellphone... Just do some research... Look up studies on marijuana vs lung cancer and the amount of tar that comes from marijuana.

And look at independent studies.... Anything funded by through government or studies done by them will be set up to make it look bad....

Like how they say marijuana k!lls brain cells... Really what they did is pump 15 joints of pot smoke into monkeys for 5 minutes... No extra oxygen to balance it out... Just pot smoke... After 30 days some monies had died and they ran tests on their brains and found their brain cells had died so they said marijuana k!lls brain cells... But really they suffocated the monkeys for 5 minutes everyday, which caused brain cells to die.

Just another bs government study with bs results
 6 years ago '09        #16
messy marv stan 4529 heat pts4529
space
space
$53,701 | Props total: 66364 66364
i dont fu*k with vapes

only edibles and blunts
 6 years ago '04        #17
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 4282 4282
marijuana actully saves brain cells after drinking all night
 6 years ago '10        #18
mlim420 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,298 | Props total: 159 159
idgaf
 6 years ago '11        #19
space
space
 DEDOS said:
wait what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so less weed and you get more of high than sparking it up!!!

somebody school me on the best vaporizors out there then

6 years ago '05        #20
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 DEDOS said:
dosent vaporizors waste weed tho?

meaning you would have to burn more weed to get the same high?

somebody school me on this just asking
Actually the opposite.

With a vaporizer you only inhale the vapor from the heated thc, and other cannabinoids... So instead of smoking the actual leaf and the plant you're only smoking the part that gets you high... And you get less of the tar that comes from burning the actual plant.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
43 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
55 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy