Lebron Being Lebron... (Op. Ed.)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
6169 pageviews
81 comments

capone3pbs 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,168 | Props total: 4600 4600
Lebron Being Lebron... (Op. Ed.)

[pic - click to view]

This whole We Hate LeBron thing reminds me of a story.

A woman is in front of an apartment house that's engulfed in flames. She's screaming, "Help! Help! My baby's in there!"

A man sprints up and says, "Which floor?"

"Tenth!" she screams. "In the back!"

He rips off his coat and goes running in. Five minutes later, he's back, coughing, choking, and handing the woman the baby.

She looks at the man with a frown and sniffs, "He had a hat."

That's life for LeBron James.

Anything short of an NBA title makes James a useless wad of pre-chewed pork gristle in your eyes. Whatever he does -- three MVPs in nine seasons -- it's never enough.

You hate him -- still! -- for the way he botched the announcement of his free-agent move from Cleveland to Miami.

Forget that hundreds of people move from Cleveland to Miami every year.

Forget that dozens of NBA players change teams every year.

It was only one mistake. Has he showed up in any police reports since? Has he cheated on his fiancée ? Has he left his children stranded in the pick-up circle at school?

Has he refused to speak to reporters after a single game this season? Has he called out his teammates for their poor play, as Kobe Bryant did twice this postseason? Has he gotten his coach fired? Been fined for criticizing refs? Asked to be traded, released or named general manager?

Has he punched anybody? Choked anybody? Screamed at any parking valets? (Mom doesn't count.)

Smashed a chair? Drop-kicked any equipment? Tiger Woods does that on the front nine.

OK, he's not perfect. Threw a Gatorade cup. Punched a walking stick. Carries that stupid little man purse. But if you were to fill a plane with the most spoiled superstars in the country, he'd be boarding in the D group.

You despise him because he passes too much. Imagine that. You hate a modern NBA player for not being selfish.

OK, I'd like to see him use his bag of hoop tricks to drive more at the end of games, too. But it's not like he hasn't done it, dozens and dozens of times, including huge fourth quarters against Boston and Chicago in last season's playoffs.

You people seem to want him to take it every single time, even with Dwyane Wade as a teammate. And Chris Bosh. But it's The Big Three, isn't it? Not The Big One.

And just so you know: In playoff games, LeBron has taken 13 final shots in tight games in regulation and hit five of them to win or tie. Kobe has taken twice that and hit only seven. Can we all just take a Xanax?

Besides, he passes so exquisitely. His passes are clairvoyant, leading teammates to places they didn't even know they were supposed to go. They're as soft and buttery as croissants. Why wouldn't you want him passing?

And why is the hoops world so hyper-critical of this one thing when he's so brilliant at every other part of the game? Defense? He's guarded every position on the Celtics -- the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. "He's guarded everybody but me," says Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Only Rajon Rondo is even close in all-around brilliance this postseason. James is second in points, fourth in steals, 10th in a.ssists, second in minutes. He leads his team in double-doubles and the league in double standards. Wade missed an open jumper to lose Game 4 in overtime -- how come he's not "scared?"

Last year, you hated him for being a shrinker. Now you hate him for not being a closer. Every game, he must CLOSE. Was Magic Johnson a closer? A few times, yes. Every freaking time? No. And by the way, most of the time James doesn't need to close because he's been so drop-your-popcorn good the entire game.

Aren't we still playing the game of basketball? What happened to attacking the defense where it's softest? What's wrong with looking for the open shot? Aren't his 12 teammates getting paid, too?

People -- enough. This whole "Crown or Drown" thinking on James has to stop. Grown men are actually strapping microphones to their ties and saying that if James doesn't win the title, the Heat ought to be broken up. For what? For making the Finals last year? For making (at least) the Eastern finals this year? James has been with these guys only two seasons. It took Michelangelo four years to paint the Sistine Chapel. You people would've fired him in two?

But I think the reason you hate LeBron James the most is that he just doesn't seem to suffer his failures as much as you'd like him to. You want him to brood like Kobe at losses, glare like Jordan when things don't go his way, scream at teammates like Tom Brady when they're behind.

That's not James. His spirit is too light. He's too much fun. He's a 6-foot-8 pixie, a 27-year-old kid who's addicted to kidding. He's a genuinely sweet person. You think of the great athletes of our generation -- Jordan, Woods, Lance Armstrong. They all had a bit of the jerk gene in them. James is missing it. He is loved by his teammates, not feared. So sue.

That's probably going to work against him in the long run. It will keep him from being Jordan or Kobe or Kareem. It will keep him from being enough.

But isn't that somebody you want your kids to have as their hero?

Hat or no hat?

[pic - click to view]

Link:
[pic - click to view]

Rick Reilly: LeBron being LeBron - ESPN

Good read... It seems no matter what he accomplishes it will never be enough... image

Last edited by capone3pbs; 06-05-2012 at 05:39 PM..

81 comments for "Lebron Being Lebron... (Op. Ed.)"

6 years ago '11        #2
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 933 933
good read....
 6 years ago '12        #3
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
you expect anything less from the same person who said not 1 not 2 not 3....
 6 years ago '04        #4
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,677 | Props total: 785 785
 6 years ago '11        #5
space
space
 shakeNbake17 said:
guess you never got caught in the moment before and said something you dont mean but yea I see what you are saying
 6 years ago '11        #6
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Bron and his LeStanleys brought all the hate for being c*cky d!ckriders
 6 years ago '08        #7
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154

[pic - click to view]

If you label yourself the Chosen1 dont get mad at fans for expecting...anything.
 6 years ago '04        #8
U.B.HiRM 31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,210 | Props total: 481 481
he made his bed...
 6 years ago '06        #9
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8656 8656
people who hate lebron are the people who let the commercials and media determine whether they like him or hate him from the when he got into the NBA to now.

lebron is a great player superstar player but he can't shoot.
 6 years ago '11        #10
space
space
 Tecnique said:

[pic - click to view]

If you label yourself the Chosen1 dont get mad at fans for expecting...anything.

glad you didnt say king...cause the media did
 6 years ago '07        #11
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
 shakeNbake17 said:

He brought it upon himself by way of "The Decision" and all that hooplah with the rings

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

And he doesn't seem to be the friendliest of guys out there...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #12
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
people who hate lebron are the people who let the commercials and media determine whether they like him or hate him from the when he got into the NBA to now.

lebron is a great player superstar player but he can't shoot.
...most ppl who are great are usually hatred for one reason or another...

6 years ago '11        #13
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #14
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,490 | Props total: 26304 26304
good read, i love lebron as much as the next guy but he needs a ring
 6 years ago '05        #15
Dove Luv J.R. 
space
space
$904 | Props total: 649 649
If u goin to be the "Chosen One" or tell me people that they are 'Witnesses". Major critism is going to happpen. I think a lot of LBJ Hate is because fans just want to see that dog in him.
 6 years ago '06        #16
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8656 8656
 PrimeTimeJones3 said:
...most ppl who are great are usually hatred for one reason or another...

if lebron got the same attention as kobe or T-mac coming out high school then all this lebron talk wouldn't be big.

it would just be another superstar who didn't get it done for whatever reason.

NBA is a business so you gotta sell players but if that player doesn't live up to all the attention he gets this is what you get.

Lebron was named king james and choose 1 in high school.

I'm not saying lebron doesn't deserve some backlash because if you get this much attention without rings then you need negative attention as well.

you can't get all positive.
 6 years ago '11        #17
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,257 | Props total: 17712 17712
 Kadillac87 said:

[pic - click to view]

to the video, i'm not mad at him, he was right. us fans forget all our individual issues to collectively focus on his, and he cant feel some type of way about that?
 6 years ago '07        #18
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
hahaha lebron is a fool but i don't think he's a bad person..he's just standing in the way of my team going to the nba finals..therefore he shall get sh*tted on and come up short once again
 6 years ago '07        #19
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Dove Luv J.R. said:
If u goin to be the "Chosen One" or tell me people that they are 'Witnesses". Major critism is going to happpen. I think a lot of LBJ Hate is because fans just want to see that dog in him.
Chosen 1, The Decision(for Cavs fans mad), and not 1 but 2, 3, ... I get but the Witnesses sh*t was a Nike promo and the King sh*t was media.
 6 years ago '07        #20
capone3pbs 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$17,168 | Props total: 4600 4600
See the thing I think he's trying to get across is that even if Lebron gets a ring this year, the haters will find something else to pick at or downplay the ring somehow... He's came in since day one and balled the fu*k out at 18... How many players crumbled under the hype of being the top pick? Everyone wants to say it's easy to do what he's done but yet he has done things that only a handful of other players were able to accomplish...

His numbers speak for themself and a ring will def help but people will still deny his greatness...
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago