George Karl to Jim Rome: LeBron's clutch problem is his jumpshot

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '12        #61
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
He's not saying anything that no one else has already said. Lebron isn't a good shooter. He's average. He can go on streaks once in a while but overall he's basic. His shot mechanics are bad and he over thinks when he shoots. n*gga will dribble the ball for like 5 seconds then jack up the shot. He doesn't know how to make quick decisions. Not very versatile either. If he can't bulldoze his way to the basket, then he's useless. He doesn't even have a go-to-move. We saw this in the finals last year. Force him into half court situations and he'll freeze.

6 years ago '06        #62
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18890 18890
I have to disagree...

I don't think there's anything wrong with Lebron's jumper...

I know he worked early in his career to make it more consistent and to get it more refined, but that's not to say that he's somehow let it fall by the wayside now..

maybe Karl's a lil' bit correct in saying that he doesn't trust it 100%, I can agree with that, but the other sh*t he was talkin about was bullsh*t..
 6 years ago '08        #63
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12271 12271
Lebron is the classic Front Runner. When its going good he will destroy you...if its tight and his shot isn't going in he will drive, draw 2 defenders and kick it out every time.
 6 years ago '09        #64
Scallinno 231 heat pts231
space
space
$1,705 | Props total: 738 738
I don't think Kobe's shot selection is the biggest problem. The problem is he thinks he can make ANY shot over ANY defender. He knows exactly what he's doing. There is no bad shot to him. I think if he wasn't as good as he is/was, he wouldn't try half the stuff he does.

About "closers", I've always said that the best closers are always at least pretty decent jump shooters. A so-so shooter is gonna be so-so in the clutch taking 15ft jumpers. You also have to be able to separate a good shooter from someone who had a good shooting year.

But like I always say, I'd rather lose with my stars shooting alot than lose with the bums jacking up shots.
 06-06-2012, 03:32 AM         #65
ElMarro10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Finally. Someone says it. When a team gives you Rondo type space daring you to shoot a jumper and you dont, something is wrong. Lebron was playing hot potato even when WIIIIDE open all game just like throughout the playoffs. I mean there was a game where Lebron made 0 Jumpers. 0! He scored 0 points from outside of the paint, I forgot which game it was but he did it.

It is almost like he thinks he can do everything with Dunks and Layups but eventually teams catch up and realize its all you can do (see Blake Griffin). Why do you think Kevin Durant is so dominant? Because he can take you to the hole, he can shoot a floater, and he has multiple ways of scoring. He can shoot the 3 consistently (not just agianst the shotclock Like Lebron or chucked 3), he can shoot the midrange...I mean really... Mario Chalemers shooting the Js? Haslem? Battier?

And if its cause he is so huge and has huge hands then throw him to the PF position. As long as Lebron James kryptonice is Jumpshooting he will never win a title. NEVER. SFs are supposed to be able to shoot.

As long as no one ever tells Lebron "hey my n*gga you need to work on that shooting game... you cant dunk and get to the rim all your career"

Last edited by ElMarro10; 06-06-2012 at 03:37 AM..
 06-06-2012, 03:34 AM         #66
ElMarro10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Nitty said:
Lebron is the classic Front Runner. When its going good he will destroy you...if its tight and his shot isn't going in he will drive, draw 2 defenders and kick it out every time.
Hate him or love him Skip Bayless is the only one that spits the real when it comes to Lebron James. Since he cant shoot, Lebron tries to drive and dunk it on the world or lay the ball up, the opposing team collapses, HE HAS TO PASS THE BALL...or he throws up a wild layup and misses.

If he had faith in his shot, he could avoid all this by either creating space and getting off the J, he is the MVP of the league someone needs to call him out.
 06-06-2012, 03:36 AM         #67
ElMarro10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scallinno said:
I don't think Kobe's shot selection is the biggest problem. The problem is he thinks he can make ANY shot over ANY defender. He knows exactly what he's doing. There is no bad shot to him. I think if he wasn't as good as he is/was, he wouldn't try half the stuff he does.

About "closers", I've always said that the best closers are always at least pretty decent jump shooters. A so-so shooter is gonna be so-so in the clutch taking 15ft jumpers. You also have to be able to separate a good shooter from someone who had a good shooting year.

But like I always say, I'd rather lose with my stars shooting alot than lose with the bums jacking up shots.
For real. In Lebron defense, it is tough when your two superstars drive and get 99% of their points of layups and dunks and then when the D tightens up they have to make Jumpers...it aint that easy. It is like everyone takes important jumpers and has the balls to except Lebron and Wade

Did you guys see when Wade pumped like 3 times before he finally shot it WIDE open?
Lebron does the same thing. They are scared of Jumpshots.
 6 years ago '08        #68
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23353 23353
Bron can hit from pretty much anywhere on the floor...when he wants to. And there's the problem, Bron rarely plays with a need to win, he wants to win but he doesn't show us that its a necessity that he wins. He proved that with that comment about going back to regular lives during the finals interview. That's not the mindset of a player who needs a ring or somebody who would trade their MVP trophies for a championship.
 6 years ago '07        #69
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
 DoMieD said:

6 years ago '10        #70
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
Jump shot looked pretty good today...
 6 years ago '11        #71
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Matrix said:
Jump shot looked pretty good today...
One game doesn't erase the other 8 years it looked pretty bad
 6 years ago '10        #72
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 974 974
 Kadillac87 said:
One game doesn't erase the other 8 years it looked pretty bad
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy