George Karl to Jim Rome: LeBron's clutch problem is his jumpshot

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,774 | Props total: 4261 4261
Thought this was common knowledge, but Karl hit the nail on the head for those who didnt know. He's not a natural shooter, which causes him to second guess himself in those situations. His jumper is 90% confidence/momentum 10% skill.
 6 years ago '05        #22
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,786 | Props total: 4900 4900
Yes we on BX discussed this months ago. You are only as clutch as your jumper is good. It's not some mental problem with LeBron. It's 100% because of his inconsistent jump shot.
 6 years ago '04        #23
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 634 634
this dude lebron cant catch a break in the media. lebron has a nice looking shot that is respectable and effective, and even deadly when he gets hot. its just not his best a.sset, is that a fu*kin bball crime? and there isnt a tandem of two players george karl has ever had that he wouldnt trade straight up for lebron james so he cant stfu. george karl has made questionable clutch coaching decisions himself thats kept him from winning the big one (anthony carter inbound pass vs lakers case in point)
 6 years ago '04        #24
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 634 634
 iggyemu said:
Yes we on BX discussed this months ago. You are only as clutch as your jumper is good. It's not some mental problem with LeBron. It's 100% because of his inconsistent jump shot.
bullcrap. clutch isnt all about hitting fadeaway game winners. the dude comes up big several ways, on defense, rebounding, and scoring. plus hes a threat to make the right play and get ppl wide open shots at any point in the game. thats complete bs
 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM         #25
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah Lebrons jump shot never been nice thats like the only part of his game hes missing
 6 years ago '05        #26
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,786 | Props total: 4900 4900
 jplaydadon said:
bullcrap. clutch isnt all about hitting fadeaway game winners. the dude comes up big several ways, on defense, rebounding, and scoring. plus hes a threat to make the right play and get ppl wide open shots at any point in the game. thats complete bs
Not disagreeing with that. In fact that only enhances my point about it not being a mental thing like so many people claim. But like it or not that other stuff goes unnoticed because Jordan defined clutch as making 50% of his game winning shot attempts over his career.

Think about this. Jordan stealing the ball from Karl Malone to set up his go ahead basket in game 6 isn't viewed as clutch. The shot he made after he stole it is.
 6 years ago '11        #27
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 jplaydadon said:
this dude lebron cant catch a break in the media. lebron has a nice looking shot that is respectable and effective, and even deadly when he gets hot. its just not his best a.sset, is that a fu*kin bball crime? and there isnt a tandem of two players george karl has ever had that he wouldnt trade straight up for lebron james so he cant stfu. george karl has made questionable clutch coaching decisions himself thats kept him from winning the big one (anthony carter inbound pass vs lakers case in point)
Everybody is deadly when they get hot. Just look at Rondo during Game 2. 70% of LeBron jump shots are layups. He knows he can't shoot. That was one of the knocks on him coming in, his jumpshot. He has had 8 year to improve this weakness and guess what, it's still a weakness.
 06-05-2012, 01:59 PM         #28
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Every time he shoots I see a bubble over his head saying "fu*k, well here it goes."
 6 years ago '06        #29
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5041 5041
no sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #30
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
 dre03 said:
Well his jump shot being bad is mostly because of his size and the way he is built... with his strength it is difficult for him to really put touch on the ball with his jump shot... So it is pretty much a push shot with little rotation... This is why Karl Malone struggled so many years with his jump shot before finally figuring out how to make that mid range jumper consistently late in his career when he couldn't jump as high...

Throughout history you would be hard pressed to find big strong type players who had a good jump shot... Like Ben Wallace, Massenburg, Darvin Ham, Shaq, Dwight Howard, Kevin Willis etc...This is why most big men who are good shooters are tall and skinny... As Bron gets older and his elevation declines it will help him on his jump shot because with less elevation his strength wont play that much of a factor and his jump shot will flow alot smoother...
Then he should try to lose about 20lbs. For a small forward to be that jacked is ridiculous. he doesn't play in the post so there's no reason to be that big. He has no spin moves, no turn around jumper, no fade away. No creative scoring at all and that's what's hindering him from being a closer/clutch player. All the greats had a go-to-move and its been almost 9 years in the league and he still doesn't have one. And like karl said, it has to do with confidence. He has no confidence in his shot. He always passes up opportunities to hit game winners. He stalls in the half court. I've never seen someone have to think so much before shooting a jumper.
 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM         #31
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bron made a clutch three in that game...yall realize that right?

why the fu*k are yall dissecting this man's game like he hasn't been balling out?
 6 years ago '11        #32
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
So its ok to have a suspect jumper and be the best player in the world but Rondo cant be the Point God with a suspect jumper
 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM         #33
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Then he should try to lose about 20lbs. For a small forward to be that jacked is ridiculous. he doesn't play in the post so there's no reason to be that big. He has no spin moves, no turn around jumper, no fade away. No creative scoring at all and that's what's hindering him from being a closer/clutch player. All the greats had a go-to-move and its been almost 9 years in the league and he still doesn't have one. And like karl said, it has to do with confidence. He has no confidence in his shot. He always passes up opportunities to hit game winners. He stalls in the half court. I've never seen someone have to think so much before shooting a jumper.
what's Durant's go to move? Because I can't think of it...

LeBron is fine...
 6 years ago '07        #34
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
what's Durant's go to move? Because I can't think of it...

LeBron is fine...
Durant can usually shoot over anyone defending him. He's long as fu*k and he already has an above average jump shot.
 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM         #35
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Durant can usually shoot over anyone defending him. He's long as fu*k and he already has an above average jump shot.
LeBron can get a shot whenever he wants to...nobody plays Bron close up, they always give him the jumper.

He took a jumper in game 2 with virtually not contest, he just missed. Yall complained that he didn't drive. He just can't win with you dudes because yall have unrealistic expectations and expect him to make everything. He's great, but he's not perfect
 6 years ago '11        #36
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,794 | Props total: 931 931
 Kadillac87 said:
Everybody is deadly when they get hot. Just look at Rondo during Game 2. 70% of LeBron jump shots are layups. He knows he can't shoot. That was one of the knocks on him coming in, his jumpshot. He has had 8 year to improve this weakness and guess what, it's still a weakness.
Take advantage of your situation right?...why shoot jumpers when you can get to the basket?

Anyway...if you go by Melo and Kobe FG% they are not good jump shooters right? Yes I know they take more difficult shots however that is by choice..a dumb shot is a dumb shot...All three can get to the basket however they (kobe and Melo) have a jump shooter mentality...Kobe can post up anytime he wants however he chooses not to and same for Melo

Bron jumper isnt the worse...he isnt fluid with his jumper...but stop lying about 70% part though...
 6 years ago '04        #37
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
He's not saying anything that no one else has already said. Lebron isn't a good shooter. He's average. He can go on streaks once in a while but overall he's basic. His shot mechanics are bad and he over thinks when he shoots. n*gga will dribble the ball for like 5 seconds then jack up the shot. He doesn't know how to make quick decisions. Not very versatile either. If he can't bulldoze his way to the basket, then he's useless. He doesn't even have a go-to-move. We saw this in the finals last year. Force him into half court situations and he'll freeze.

been saying this for years, great points made here
 6 years ago '11        #38
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,313 | Props total: 25142 25142
if i had lebron talents I would take every shot in the 4th lol
 6 years ago '07        #39
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
LeBron can get a shot whenever he wants to...nobody plays Bron close up, they always give him the jumper.

He took a jumper in game 2 with virtually not contest, he just missed. Yall complained that he didn't drive. He just can't win with you dudes because yall have unrealistic expectations and expect him to make everything. He's great, but he's not perfect
Um no. What we're saying is he's not a good shooter and he himself has no confidence in his shot. I don't expect him to be savvy and versatile like michael but I expect the man to at least have a solid jumper. He plays timid.
 06-05-2012, 02:57 PM         #40
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Um no. What we're saying is he's not a good shooter and he himself has no confidence in his shot. I don't expect him to be savvy and versatile like michael but I expect the man to at least have a solid jumper. He plays timid.
the Heat don't need him falling in love with his jumper though. That plays right in to the defense's hands. He needs to drive to create spacing and opportunities for our role players.

He has a decent jumpshot. He's not a great shooter but he's ok. Yall muhfu*ks expect the man to make it every time he shoot it...especially in clutch situations. I blame Skip Bayless for feeding the masses his nonsense yall just chewed it up though. Now every time LeBron is in a clutch situation if he misses he ain't clutch. Meanwhile Wade has missed clutch jump shots and nobody gives a single fu*k. It's because people perceive him to be clutch. Every time he miss it yall analyzing it and trying to fix and solve a problem that's not there. He just missed. He'll miss again down the line because everybody misses...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago