NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1241
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 lato9905 said:
How do you install these sh*ts? Is one file compatible with all carriers?
 PTC said:
No... best thing to do is go into your carrier's phone's forum on XDA and look at the ROMs in there.
What he said. Make sure you pick a rom that suits you dont base it off my opinion tho

and you have to be rooted. with clockwork installed
 12-07-2012, 11:23 AM         #1242
Bad Gorilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can somebody please explain how to update to JB using Kies. Im on ATT and have been able to figure it out. I know it is probably really simple
 5 years ago '07        #1243
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 dloc757 said:
How many of y'all rooted your S3 using a mac? all the sites I've found using CWM pretty much state windows only and I have no access to windows or bootcamp etc.
I spent about a week looking for a reliable Mac process, between all the forums and YouTube, before I finally decided to setup my Bootcamp partition to root. It just works easier, especially for plugging it into the computer so the device can communicate with it. Haven't been back on Windows since the root. If you have a friend or relative with a PC, just commandeer their sh*t for 20 minutes.
 5 years ago '07        #1244
Itzike 
space
space
$2,810 | Props total: 408 408
 KnicksLost said:
Jellybomb 10.2 is prolly the G.O.A.T. rom for the S3

battery life, feel, everything is flawless
i couldnt get more than 2.5 hrs of screen on time with that bi*ch. plus all the blue with the bomb is overkill.

Galaxy Sfre3 by freeza is the smoothest rom ive used
 5 years ago '06        #1245
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
Clean Rom 5.0 is a great custom touchwiz Rom.It actually runs better than the stock version.
 5 years ago '04        #1246
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,951 | Props total: 5725 5725
 Bad Gorilla said:
Can somebody please explain how to update to JB using Kies. Im on ATT and have been able to figure it out. I know it is probably really simple
I just plugged my phone up and it asked if I wanted to update
 5 years ago '05        #1247
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 PTC said:
BTW you don't need a computer to install CWM... it can be installed from the playstore.
That only works if you're already rooted. If you haven't rooted yet you'll need to flash CWM directly after rooting or flash it in ODIN.
 5 years ago '11        #1248
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Y.G. said:
That only works if you're already rooted. If you haven't rooted yet you'll need to flash CWM directly after rooting or flash it in ODIN.
wait what?

In your 2nd sentence you said you'll need to clash CWM "after" rooting... so if you're doing it after rooting, you're still already rooted when doing so.
 5 years ago '05        #1249
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PTC said:
wait what?

In your 2nd sentence you said you'll need to clash CWM "after" rooting... so if you're doing it after rooting, you're still already rooted when doing so.
When you first root, if you don't flash CWM (or another custom recovery) before you reboot, your phone will reinstall the factory recovery.
 5 years ago '09        #1250
Nobles 
space
space
space
$272 | Props total: 34 34

That's it, ALL MONEY IN...I'm going home and rootin' this hoe! I'm on Mac so pray for me Thanks for them links and the info, I'm bout to go in.
 5 years ago '11        #1251
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:
When you first root, if you don't flash CWM (or another custom recovery) before you reboot, your phone will reinstall the factory recovery.
... I understand that but I'm still confused as to why you said, "that only works if you're already rooted."

In everything you're describing, everything has to be installed after root...
 5 years ago '09        #1252
Nobles 
space
space
space
I just rooted my GS3 successfully on my Macbook. With PTC's video, it was easy. Nothing has changed, honestly, I can't tell that anything has changed so far.

Now what? Do I just go ROM crazy? Where is all the customization I get to do?
 5 years ago '11        #1253
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Nobles said:
I just rooted my GS3 successfully on my Macbook. With PTC's video, it was easy. Nothing has changed, honestly, I can't tell that anything has changed so far.

Now what? Do I just go ROM crazy? Where is all the customization I get to do?
Nothing will change after root... rooting now just gives you access to do what you want.

First thing I'd do is probably just go ROM something... if you want me to give you a step by step I can do that....
 5 years ago '11        #1254
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Oh yeah don't forget to install a recovery (CWM or TWRP)
 5 years ago '09        #1255
Nobles 
space
space
space
 PTC said:
Oh yeah don't forget to install a recovery (CWM or TWRP)
Preciate your help, homie. I have CWM, made sure I was protected. I'm still gathering info on the best AT&T ROM out now. If anyone gets that info, drop a line in here. Greatly appreciated.
 5 years ago '11        #1256
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Nobles said:
Preciate your help, homie. I have CWM, made sure I was protected. I'm still gathering info on the best AT&T ROM out now. If anyone gets that info, drop a line in here. Greatly appreciated.
This is the ROM I run... I haven't used any of the other custom ROMs but there are people in the thread that come in all the time from different ROMs...

Also, he has an updated Kernel that's not included in the ROM that you will have to flash separately (after you flash the ROM).

I research all the other top ROMs from time to time (CM, LS, AOCP, Paranoid, AOKP Official)... but this just seems to get the best reviews and for me personally, it's very stable.

Remember when installing a ROM to read the OP fully so you don't miss anything.

Last edited by PTC; 12-08-2012 at 11:04 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #1257
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PTC said:
... I understand that but I'm still confused as to why you said, "that only works if you're already rooted."

In everything you're describing, everything has to be installed after root...
You told this guy that's not rooted

dloc757 said:
How many of y'all rooted your S3 using a mac? all the sites I've found using CWM pretty much state windows only and I have no access to windows or bootcamp etc.
that he could install CWM from the Play Store. A newbie who's not rooted may read this information and think it's correct. Now back to gloating over that wonderful knockout by Marquez.
 5 years ago '11        #1258
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:
You told this guy that's not rooted

that he could install CWM from the Play Store. A newbie who's not rooted may read this information and think it's correct. Now back to gloating over that wonderful knockout by Marquez.
I see.
 5 years ago '07        #1259
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Itzike said:
i couldnt get more than 2.5 hrs of screen on time with that bi*ch. plus all the blue with the bomb is overkill.

Galaxy Sfre3 by freeza is the smoothest rom ive used
you deadass??

I'm trying to find the best custom rom and if you say its better than Jelly bomb I might look into it...I like the blue theme cuz

How much battery life on Freeza? That's the main thing I'm looking for in my rom.
 5 years ago '07        #1260
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,536 | Props total: 43710 43710
sounds like you rom using mofos be having major battery issues. always worried about which rom saves the most battery
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy