Peter Rosenburg speaks out on nicki minaj diss at summer jam 2012

most viewed right now
 53
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 40
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-04-2012, 03:48 PM         #61
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At the end of the day, whether he said the sh*t on his radio station or on stage, its a bi*ch move to pull your artist out of the performance when I'm sure a lot of little girls pooled they money together to see you.

Wayne is sensitive, like I said, you feel some type of way, air him out on stage. This is hip-hop
 6 years ago '06        #62
OakTown2g 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$646 | Props total: 612 612

[pic - click to view]

 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM         #63
Brooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lot17 said:
But he wasn't talking about any other Nicki Minaj song. o_O Speaking of moot points.... if you dunno wtf Hot 97 plays then shut the fu*k up about what you THINK is on their playlist. Why you mad at me, Men In Black coffee worm lookin bi*ch?


[pic - click to view]

U r posts make less sense than that weak a.ss attempt of a joke.
Dumb a.ss n*gga nobody is talking about their playlist BUT you. I guess u just post for attention, valid point making just ain't in your repertoire.
 06-04-2012, 03:54 PM         #64
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lot17 said:
But he wasn't talking about any other Nicki Minaj song. o_O Speaking of moot points.... if you dunno wtf Hot 97 plays then shut the fu*k up about what you THINK is on their playlist. Why you mad at me, Men In Black coffee worm lookin bi*ch?


[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '04        #65
IllmaticReignz 
space
avatar space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 760 760
I thought Summer Jam was the mecca of Rap Beef.. All she had to do was hit the stage.. See where her real fans were.. and play that dude right back in his face.. Simple to the point and none of this wouldve happened. Cipha had it right.. its something else behind this.. this was just " a reason "
 6 years ago '06        #66
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
 Brooklyn said:
Her fan base ain't sh*t compared to what kim had. Like kim said nicki got a lil buzz. Kim got a frenzy. sh*t so bad that when my aunt passed, god rest her soul, about 3years ago we had problems at the funeral home because masses of unknown people were just coming to see kim. Disrespectful a.ss muhfu*kas Harlem goes crazy for jim jones but all in all he gets no love. The only people who like nicki minaj are lil girls, and project bi*ches with the mental capacity of a plastic bag. Trust me babe she gets NO love.
must be joking? lol.. Nikki is way bigger than Kim ever was
 6 years ago '08        #67
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
avatar space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
 Brooklyn said:
U r posts make less sense than that weak a.ss attempt of a joke.
Dumb a.ss n*gga nobody is talking about their playlist BUT you. I guess u just post for attention, valid point making just ain't in your repertoire.
LOL "valid point making". If the song isn't on their playlist, wasn't sent for adds on Urban radio, and wasn't even on the setlist to be performed... then why should he even have made that comment? Hot97 isn't a talent show sign-up sheet that's first come first serve, dusty a.ss n*gga. THEY were responsible for promoting her as the Hot97 Summer Jam headliner and Rosenburg was a representation of Hot 97. Like Lauryn Hill said, they looked like fu*kin hypocrites for that sh*t. But you sound like a Lil Kim stan so I understand your frustration and infatuation with Nicki Minaj.
 06-04-2012, 04:04 PM         #68
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unotready said:
must be joking? lol.. Nikki is way bigger than Kim ever was
Based on what though?

Not a fan of either, its just funny how hip-hop fans have such sort memory spans. Nicki on her 2nd album and is already on the decline with her attempt to cross over
 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM         #69
Brooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
Even the south hates her, god she is just dreadful and she's friends with remy ma, what was remy thinking off being friends wit that bi*ch, no wonder she ain't the same, this is the same thing with cuban link who is now friends and collaborators to another big fraud name Pablo escobar jr.
They not friends. Nicki just. Ate her pus*y.
 unotready said:
must be joking? lol.. Nikki is way bigger than Kim ever was


 Lot17 said:
LOL "valid point making". If the song isn't on their playlist, wasn't sent for adds on Urban radio, and wasn't even on the setlist to be performed... then why should he even have made that comment? Hot97 isn't a talent show sign-up sheet that's first come first serve, dusty a.ss n*gga. THEY were responsible for promoting her as the Hot97 Summer Jam headliner and Rosenburg was a representation of Hot 97. Like Lauryn Hill said, they looked like fu*kin hypocrites for that sh*t. But you sound like a Lil Kim stan so I understand your frustration and infatuation with Nicki Minaj.


 REAL_NESS said:
Based on what though?

Not a fan of either, its just funny how hip-hop fans have such sort memory spans. Nicki on her 2nd album and is already on the decline with her attempt to cross over
Word. Kim is in a legendary lane and was the best female rapper in her time frame.

Nicki just got her head gassed fast and she falling off even faster and she barely been in the game. Nicki calls herself the best female rapper of her time when its bullsh*t because for one she's no rapper, for two its easy to be the best female rapper when no other females are rapping. (Mainstream wise)

This is how live lil kim is that todays teenagers know who she is and some rock with her over nicki.

I guarantee u the next generation of teens ain't gonna know who nicki is.


Its been almost twenty years for kim and they still know who she is.

Twenty years from now NOBODY is gonna remember nicki. She gonna fall off harder than Loon.

Yea n*ggaz forgot all about that n*gga.


Last edited by Brooklyn; 06-04-2012 at 04:25 PM..
 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM         #70
Brooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
At Least D'Angelo has made good music, something that bi*ch minaj couldn't even try.
I know.
Bad analogy.
That's why I changed it to Loon.
 6 years ago '05        #71
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Whoa Cipha keepin it funky like that?
 06-04-2012, 05:26 PM         #72
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol. There's no real hip hop at summerjam. At all. Singling out that attention wh0ore was pointless.
 6 years ago '10        #73
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
finally. exposing this bi*ch. fake a.ss. nicki is trash
 6 years ago '04        #74
money36 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
I would be more embarrased working for a new york radio station that had new york artists being there only as special guests.
 6 years ago '07        #75
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
 r.burgundy said:
it was a bi*ch move by all parties involved.nobody wanna hear some lame a.ss d.j's funky,stupid opinion.as if real hip hop fans listen to niki minaj.and then for niki to deprive her fans who paid good money to see her behind some geek a.ss opinion is also fu*ked up
 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM         #76
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fixed*


Last edited by J-Dogg; 06-04-2012 at 07:49 PM..
 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM         #77
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's strip this of all opinions and look at it factually. Rosenberg is a known defender of what he feels to be "real" hip-hop, he's had a late night mixshow for years where he plays stuff people on BX are more familiar with. He has spoken out continually against pop skewing acts, and will more than likely continue to do so. It's pretty customary at underground shows for Top 40 rappers to be the subject of ridicule. We all remember how much fun lesser known rappers have had fun poking fun at anyone from D4L to Soulja Boy. Some of the old heads on here might even remember PM Dawn and the attacks (verbal and physical) they suffered. A few years ago, Rosenberg would have made fun of "Laffy Taffy" or "Crank Dat" and no one would have cared.

The YMCMB camp is a very sensitive bunch. It's pretty shocking to me that the half Jewish Canadian who is the pinata for all rap purists comes off as the most talented and thick skinned out of the crew. First, you have Wayne throwing hissy fits because OKC didn't fork over free courtside tickets at a moment's notice, and now he's telling Nicki not to perform because of an offhand comment made by one radio DJ about one of her absolute worst songs? Rap really has become soft. The real reason YMCMB was so butthurt by Rosenberg's remark was because it confirmed their place in the rap hierarchy. Yes, they sell wild records, but it's fueled by pop radio, not the streets. Their 3 main breadwinners all have put out multiple singles to sell their LPs that do not contain one solitary bar of rapping. You can't stray that far away and not expect flack from the purist crowds. And I haven't read one mention on one website today about Nicki's sideways remark about Rosenberg being "a white DJ on a black station". Does she really think it's the "streets" that cop her albums? Earth to Nicki: WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES BUYING YOUR GARBAGE!
 6 years ago '12        #78
CaLis LEGACY 77 heat pts77
space
avatar space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 347 347
damn you guys are really taking it to the head
its obvious she didnt want to perform
and the sh*t he said about nicki was a while back its not like he said it a day before she perform so its on her bruh

i respect rosenberg for sticking by what he said
 6 years ago '07        #79
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 J-Dogg said:
Let's strip this of all opinions and look at it factually. Rosenberg is a known defender of what he feels to be "real" hip-hop, he's had a late night mixshow for years where he plays stuff people on BX are more familiar with. He has spoken out continually against pop skewing acts, and will more than likely continue to do so. It's pretty customary at underground shows for Top 40 rappers to be the subject of ridicule. We all remember how much fun lesser known rappers have had fun poking fun at anyone from D4L to Soulja Boy. Some of the old heads on here might even remember PM Dawn and the attacks (verbal and physical) they suffered. A few years ago, Rosenberg would have made fun of "Laffy Taffy" or "Crank Dat" and no one would have cared.

The YMCMB camp is a very sensitive bunch. It's pretty shocking to me that the half Jewish Canadian who is the pinata for all rap purists comes off as the most talented and thick skinned out of the crew. First, you have Wayne throwing hissy fits because OKC didn't fork over free courtside tickets at a moment's notice, and now he's telling Nicki not to perform because of an offhand comment made by one radio DJ about one of her absolute worst songs? Rap really has become soft. The real reason YMCMB was so butthurt by Rosenberg's remark was because it confirmed their place in the rap hierarchy. Yes, they sell wild records, but it's fueled by pop radio, not the streets. Their 3 main breadwinners all have put out multiple singles to sell their LPs that do not contain one solitary bar of rapping. You can't stray that far away and not expect flack from the purist crowds. And I haven't read one mention on one website today about Nicki's sideways remark about Rosenberg being "a white DJ on a black station". Does she really think it's the "streets" that cop her albums? Earth to Nicki: WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES BUYING YOUR GARBAGE!
if Jay-z told Rhianna not to perform at an event where a dj or radio personality dissed her nobody would have a problem with that. It is because its ymcb and they get so much hate on here ya'll co-x this rosenburg cat. Rosenburg has the right to voice his opinion on his radio show but you dont diss the main act at the very concert she supposed to perform at its bad business. Nicki Minaj doesnt need the Summer jam exposure and Summer jam was benefiting from her presence there more than she was benefiting from performing there so at the end of the day she chose not to perform simple point blank. Bad business move on Hot 97 part. It is common for Major artist to pull their artists from performances if they feel disrespected its only because its Nicki Minaj and ya'll hate her on here that shes catching sh*t for it. Major artists dropped out of doing shows for smaller sh*t than this for example not providing first class airfare for key members in their entourage. One of Hot 97's employees disses the headliner an hour before she is set to perform i dont see anything wrong with Wayne pulling his artist for that reason its not smart business if Hot 97 doesnt consider her to be hip hop dont book her at a Hip Hop event. When Jay-z took him beyonce and Rhianna out of the Bet Award lineup simply because they booked Chris brown to show up nobody on boxden was bi*ching or moaning ya'll called him a boss for that. LiL wayne is looking out for his artist just like any other major artist would look out for theirs.


Last edited by getGwap; 06-04-2012 at 08:32 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #80
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Ya'll keep talking about professionalism. Since when has hiphop been required to be professional? HipHop was built on saying what you had to say and not giving a fu*k about what anybody else thought. Rosenberg says starships is bullsh*t then you get on stage say fu*k Rosenberg and perform starships. You dont pull out of the show.

It doesn't matter if she's a female, she still a rapper. Back in the day Eve, Kim, & Foxy was better than some dudes in the game. Nicki is wack compared to them.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
NBA Chris Paul 31 pts 11 assists 7 rebs Highlights
34 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy