Lil Wayne Cancels Nicki Minaj's Summer Jam Performance After Hot 97 Diss

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #221
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 ondatpurple said:
oh you a barbie stan huh?
No. It's just that you saying a Lauryn Hill performance in 2012 when she's batsh*t crazy and everyone complains about her performances leads me to believe you just said a performance from her is better cause it sound real good and purist-like, when the fact of the matter is that Lauryn has been terrible for the past few years. Not sure how she did at Summer Jam tho.
 6 years ago '11        #222
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 CHILL24 said:
u mean to tell me based off talent and what we have seen from lauren hill it would not have been a better show than that lady gaga a.ss sh*t nicki been on lately? if i wanted to see a gay a.ss broadway musical production with techno club music i woulda liked boys...since i prefer tha vag, i woulda wanted to see HIP HOP music performed at a predominantly HIP HOP show... i believe thats all PR was tryna say
Okay. Based on the fact that you can't even spell her name correctly, when is the last time you've seen a Lauryn Hill performance?
 6 years ago '10        #223
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
Well Nicki & Irving Azoff ( her co-manager)is good

Clear Channel will be cutting ppl/stations soon
 6 years ago '05        #224
FukWitDreDay 6 heat pts
space
space
$270 | Props total: 0 0
No disrespect to Nicki, but I need to clear up an inaccuracy. I was not scheduled to be a special guest on her set at Summer Jam, I was invited by Nas to perform with him. I don't have details on exactly what transpired between the station and the artists, but I do support artists standing by their beliefs, and walking with integrity. We have to find a better way to commercially exploit music, while giving artists their proper respect. This cannot be done while taking their contributions for granted, or trying to control the scope of their growth and power through threats and fear tactics. We can do better than this, there is a better way, or else 'we' (the proverbial we) find ourselves in danger of being hypocrites!!!

Ms. Lauryn Hill
 6 years ago '07        #225
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,020 | Props total: 383 383
 ImInHerMouth said:
Okay. Based on the fact that you can't even spell her name correctly, when is the last time you've seen a Lauryn Hill performance?
sorry english professor but u knew wtf i was talkin bout...and i cant name the festival, i wanna say Essence Fest i believe she performed a few yrs ago and it was pretty good her voice sounded the same and it was wat people would have expected to hear from her..albeit she hasnt been in the spotlight for whatever reason she may have
 6 years ago '10        #226
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 ImInHerMouth said:
No. It's just that you saying a Lauryn Hill performance in 2012 when she's batsh*t crazy and everyone complains about her performances leads me to believe you just said a performance from her is better cause it sound real good and purist-like, when the fact of the matter is that Lauryn has been terrible for the past few years. Not sure how she did at Summer Jam tho.
then you need not speak
 6 years ago '11        #227
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Barbie l Minaj said:
And u guys wouldnt even got a Nas/Lauryn Hill performance if it wasnt for nicki planning on bringing them out on her set..

That saying is true, hip hop has the most fickle fans outta all genres..

Plies, who graduated college
Hip Hop fans are retarded...

Charles Hamilton
 6 years ago '11        #228
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 CHILL24 said:
sorry english professor but u knew wtf i was talkin bout...and i cant name the festival, i wanna say Essence Fest i believe she performed a few yrs ago and it was pretty good her voice sounded the same and it was wat people would have expected to hear from her..albeit she hasnt been in the spotlight for whatever reason she may have
English profesor? Cause you spelled Lauryn Hill "Lauren"... It's a name guy.

A few years ago huh?
 6 years ago '11        #229
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
then you need not speak
Oh I'm sorry didn't know you were even there
 6 years ago '07        #230
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
English profesor? Cause you spelled Lauryn Hill "Lauren"... It's a name guy.

A few years ago huh?
yeah which have different spellings and all that, still you fu*kin knew what i meant...i missed the "Y" big fu*kn deal do you feel smarter now? u start nitpicking at my spelling because u cant argue the sh*t i said...
 6 years ago '05        #231
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
No disrespect to Nicki, but I need to clear up an inaccuracy. I was not scheduled to be a special guest on her set at Summer Jam, I was invited by Nas to perform with him. I don't have details on exactly what transpired between the station and the artists, but I do support artists standing by their beliefs, and walking with integrity. We have to find a better way to commercially exploit music, while giving artists their proper respect. This cannot be done while taking their contributions for granted, or trying to control the scope of their growth and power through threats and fear tactics. We can do better than this, there is a better way, or else 'we' (the proverbial we) find ourselves in danger of being hypocrites!!!

Ms. Lauryn Hill
 6 years ago '04        #232
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
13 pages

yall mad about this or something?

my reaction was

WHO CARES???
 6 years ago '11        #233
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 CHILL24 said:
yeah which have different spellings and all that, still you fu*kin knew what i meant...i missed the "Y" big fu*kn deal do you feel smarter now? u start nitpicking at my spelling because u cant argue the sh*t i said...
No I'm saying cause you're talking like a fan who knows her sh*t and how she has been performing lately, but you don't even know her name. Makes you look kinda stupid. You were at Essence Fest and she performed. You don't know her sh*t nor do you know how she's been performing since "a few years ago". Shut up
 6 years ago '11        #234
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
And I didn't have to argue the sh*t you said.

6 years ago '10        #235
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 ImInHerMouth said:
Oh I'm sorry didn't know you were even there
I wasn't there but I watched the performances and the crowd went ape sh*t when she came out and did her thing
 6 years ago '06        #236
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
It's true though. Nicki Minaj is wack as fu*k.
 6 years ago '05        #237
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,660 | Props total: 366 366
hOW NOT ONE RAPPER FROM NEW YORK IS ON YOUR SUMMER JAM THO?
 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM         #238
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Piccolo said:
LOL you act like shes the one who doesnt wanna go pop and yet at the same time have the respect of hip hop purist. Honestly it looks like she got no control over her career at the moment as well with this move.

I dunno where your trying to go with the Lady Gaga comparison. Both have different roots and music. I dont think Lady Gaga ever aspirted to be at a summer jam but as a rapper from NY i can guarantee at one point NIcky did. Yall gotta get off ymcb d!ck, leave the heard and think for yourself.
I'm in the herd? fu*k outta here, yet all you saying the same sh*t all the other dumb n*ggas in this thread are saying. I'm talking from a business stand point. rap/hip-hop is the least profitable form of music. the point was the lady gaga's music reaches a more expansive audience. nicki needs to try and tap into that market and forget totally about that underground rap new age lil kim sh*t. they need to be moving her into reality shows, movies, clothing lines, perfumes, etc!!! her dumb a.ss still wants to appease the useless eater, poverty stricken bums in the hip hop community.

every female rap artists that ever was in the hip hop industry is nowhere to be found.
 6 years ago '07        #239
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
No I'm saying cause you're talking like a fan who knows her sh*t and how she has been performing lately, but you don't even know her name. Makes you look kinda stupid. You were at Essence Fest and she performed. You don't know her sh*t nor do you know how she's been performing since "a few years ago". Shut up
i am a fan....a mispelling doesnt signify "fandom" or anything for that matter...other than a mistake...so if me making a mistake is me looking stupid than by ur logic you too are stupid...i mean its kinda hard to know what an artist is up to if they dont want you to kno...so im sorry if the last time she actually did something worth mentioning or showed up to perform was a few years ago, not my fault buddy....and you missed what the fu*k i was saying because you were so hung up on that missing "Y"...i simply stated that Lauryn doing anything on stage would be better than watching that BULLsh*t nicki would have done on stage...period wtf that had to do with her doing anything recently or how bad she looked doin it idk
 6 years ago '11        #240
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 theylikeme05 said:
hOW NOT ONE RAPPER FROM NEW YORK IS ON YOUR SUMMER JAM THO?
Nicki Minaj and ASAP Rocky was there
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago