Lil Wayne Cancels Nicki Minaj's Summer Jam Performance After Hot 97 Diss

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #181
Pakchoy 828 heat pts828
space
space
$6,632 | Props total: 40493 40493
 Patrick Galooly said:
Black woman? bi*ch you cut your nose off and wear a ridiculous blonde wig in an effort to look white.

ii_show_off said:
all that a.ss and all them t*ts and you worried about her nose and wig... you gotta gay...
You gotta be stupid for obviously missing his point.....

Last edited by Pakchoy; 06-04-2012 at 10:50 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #182
amos04 
space
space
$358 | Props total: 0 0
"WE" U must be a homo and I aint talkin s3xual Preferences

kenoe212004 said:
What L's We The Best Sellin Record Label In Da Bizz Get The fu*k Outta Here Follower.....
 6 years ago '12        #183
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 ImInHerMouth said:
Yeah n*gga that's the point. What part of this are you not getting? They don't care if he feels that way. They don't care if that's all he talks about when he's with his family. They care that he said it at the venue she was supposed to perform at and that he represents Hot97. They want him to be reprimanded. That's why they pulled. YM wants people to know that Rosenberg was the reason why the multi-platinum superstar did not perform. I don't care what you say, anyone who is disrespected and played like some sort of clown, by the radio station or its representatives, and then still performs is a clown.
You mean used to be multiplatinum Star... And let me tel you the Djs may not have as much money as these artists but they are the people that forcefeed the public into liking your music... If you think YM is bigger than radiostations than your mistaken... If they ban your music then you dont make as much money as you used to
 6 years ago '07        #184
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
 ImInHerMouth said:
LMAO if you think the hood is gonna turn their back on Nicki in favor of Rosenberg you are sadly mistaken. Most n*ggas didn't even know who that jew was before today

Are you even from the tri-state?
Everyone in the Tri-state knows who he is..

You a fraud if you believe this.

The only good Nicki has on the hood is twerkin/stripper music...
 6 years ago '04        #185
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 Pleasure Boy said:
You mean used to be multiplatinum Star... And let me tel you the Djs may not have as much money as these artists but they are the people that forcefeed the public into liking your music... If you think YM is bigger than radiostations than your mistaken... If they ban your music then you dont make as much money as you used to
record labels run the radio....if djs ran the radio station, then hot 97 would play more up north music than south...and im 85% positive they play more south than north
 6 years ago '07        #186
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,352 | Props total: 275 275
 ImInHerMouth said:
Yeah n*gga that's the point. What part of this are you not getting? They don't care if he feels that way. They don't care if that's all he talks about when he's with his family. They care that he said it at the venue she was supposed to perform at and that he represents Hot97. They want him to be reprimanded. That's why they pulled. YM wants people to know that Rosenberg was the reason why the multi-platinum superstar did not perform. I don't care what you say, anyone who is disrespected and played like some sort of clown, by the radio station or its representatives, and then still performs is a clown.
I Disagree man,

Young Money should've performed anyway for the fans and addressed this after/before they went on with hot97/rosenburg or just aired it on stage. "Yea Pete don't fu*k wit dis NIcki Minaj track, but we still gonna perform it for yall, fu*k pete!, how yall feel about that!?" (crowd goes crazy)

It's only one dudes opinion, and even though he represents hot97 he doesn't represent all hot97. I do agree he shouldn't have done that and possibly even be reprimanded.
 6 years ago '11        #187
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Pleasure Boy said:
YM is bigger than Hot97. They don't need Hot97 to sell records. There's at least 3 other popular stations that will play their sh*t that won't do something stupid like dis the artists over a personal opinion at the station's event.
 6 years ago '11        #188
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 KING*TITO said:
Everyone in the Tri-state knows who he is..

You a fraud if you believe this.

The only good Nicki has on the hood is twerkin/stripper music...
No the fu*k they don't. And no one cares. He doesn't break records. He's not Flex, Kay Slay, Envy, or Clue. His biggest contribution was playing Odd Future. Why would people even care who he is? They've probably heard the name before. But to know who he actually is? Why would anyone even care to know? You must be one of his friends.
 6 years ago '04        #189
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6374 6374
 SiqkWidaPen said:
record labels run the radio....if djs ran the radio station, then hot 97 would play more up north music than south...and im 85% positive they play more south than north
this!

even if ymcmb fell they would just find somebody else to take their spot doing the same kind of music
 6 years ago '11        #190
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Opinion said:
I Disagree man,

Young Money should've performed anyway for the fans and addressed this after/before they went on with hot97/rosenburg or just aired it on stage. "Yea Pete don't fu*k wit dis NIcki Minaj track, but we still gonna perform it for yall, fu*k pete!, how yall feel about that!?" (crowd goes crazy)

It's only one dudes opinion, and even though he represents hot97 he doesn't represent all hot97. I do agree he shouldn't have done that and possibly even be reprimanded.
I respect your opinion. But if it was my artist being disrespected like that, I would've pulled them too, and it was well known that Wayne made the call, so no blame can be placed on Nicki. I'm not going to allow any radio station to allow one of their personalities to disrespect my label, then asks my artists to perform at their event, just to disrespect them at the same event. I, as a man, have pride and integrity. And yes, it would've been better for Nicki to just perform for the fans, ignoring Peter and I'm sure she would have, but as her boss, I myself would've pulled her. Let Hot97 find a way to moderate their personalities. They've been wrongfully disrespecting artists for years. And any real NY dude knows this. Not the fake ones like King Tito with Brooklyn in their title.
 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM         #191
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast14 said:
Second strike for him
for him ? id say 2nd strike for her, first being her canceling her twitter, im sure her "barbs" aint to happy about this. my n*gga was speaking the truth fu*k this pop star, summer jam is and always was a hip-hop concert fu*k that pop sh*t. all he was doing was saying his opinion, ymcmb just a bunch a lil stuck up bi*ches use to getting there way and not use to people questioning them. fu*k that im wit rosenberg on this !!! and i heard the audio i dont think it was that bad specially not for them to cancel.
 6 years ago '11        #192
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
lol @ record lables running Radio stations . You do know that there are really only two broadcasters Clear Channel and Radio One for Hip Hop .

Hot 97 is Radio One .

at YMCB is bigger then Radio One
Radio One's revenue is $103 million for the Quarter . Y'all need to read a book or something .
 6 years ago '09        #193
iExposeU 13 heat pts13
space
space
$926 | Props total: 1 1
They should have never gave these n*ggas nothin'.
 06-04-2012, 11:30 AM         #194
mightyhealthy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK Flex ethered Nicki/Wayne/YMCMB on the radio last night....... and you are STUPID if you think Hot 97 does not play a role in their success. Flex putting a ban on all things Nicki Minaj.
 6 years ago '09        #195
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,361 | Props total: 2728 2728
..... What the fu*k is a jae millz ?
 6 years ago '10        #196
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Captain Planet said:
SMFH
Nothing bout nonsense being talked about in this thread. Who are yall to say they should have stayed and performed? Your not in there shoes. Words was said at the wrong time, YMCMB(Wayne/Nicki) felt a way so they pulled the show. Thats how you get back at them. Like did yall see how the show ended? TERRIBLE!!! I bet she had something up her sleeve I wouldn't put it pass her.

She still has fans that will support no matter what, shes on fu*king tour right now so her missin Hot97 Summer Jam ain't gonna k!ll her. LOL at a "lawsuit" like Wayne didn't/don't know the outcome of doing what he did. Lawyers on deck !!

Peter Rosenberg said what he said, do I agree? somewhat! You can only go so far with rap music you have to branch out to keep active, she still raps, it may not be what you like or what you wanna hear though. Even if her album aint sellin best believe her shows & records selling.

Dissing you headliner though ??? smh stupid decision don't matter who it is or what that person does.

sh*t happens
Angry Stan is Angry..

You'll be iight bro. Your beloved YMCMB showed exactly how much they care about their fans.

And don't act like Wayne lawyers is all that. Let us not forget the n*gga just did a year in jail like a regular n*gga with a gun charge

Oh no.. One of the DJ's doesn't like one of our songs. Lets all go home..

Aint no justifying that pus*y a.ss sh*t. Real n*ggas would have went on stage. Probably could have even had the crowd chanting "fu*k Rosenberg" and tore the house down..

YMCMB LOST
 6 years ago '05        #197
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
lmao, who gives a sh*t how many fans you have when your music is garbage
 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM         #198
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ultimately she's going to have to focus in on making pop records and make more songs like starship for her fanbase. fu*k all that underground NY sh*t, you don't see Lady Gaga at Summer Jam and who wants to be a more successful Lil Kim..

Birdman is trying to take the company to a Billion, keep letting Nicki Minaj perfect her pop, radio bullsh*t, and get to the money. She needs to "sell her soul" MORE, forget appeasing these hip hop purists.
 06-04-2012, 12:01 PM         #199
Piccolo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ahenson said:
ultimately she's going to have to focus in on making pop records and make more songs like starship for her fanbase. fu*k all that underground NY sh*t, you don't see Lady Gaga at Summer Jam and who wants to be a more successful Lil Kim..

Birdman is trying to take the company to a Billion, keep letting Nicki Minaj perfect her pop, radio bullsh*t, and get to the money. She needs to "sell her soul" MORE, forget appeasing these hip hop purists.

LOL you act like shes the one who doesnt wanna go pop and yet at the same time have the respect of hip hop purist. Honestly it looks like she got no control over her career at the moment as well with this move.

I dunno where your trying to go with the Lady Gaga comparison. Both have different roots and music. I dont think Lady Gaga ever aspirted to be at a summer jam but as a rapper from NY i can guarantee at one point NIcky did. Yall gotta get off ymcb d!ck, leave the heard and think for yourself.
 6 years ago '07        #200
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,352 | Props total: 275 275
 ahenson said:
She needs to "sell her soul" MORE, forget appeasing these hip hop purists.
lmaooo

I dig how she wants to still be considered hip hop and still be accepted by hip hop heads of the culture and not just some young n*gga fad, but you just can't do that making pop sh*t. n*ggas keep making up these excuse for nicki "ohhh she needs to branch out" that's cool, but damn branch out to the point it aint hip hop no more? What's the next excuse? She makin money? lmao n*ggas k!ll me. I think pete called a spade a spade, the truth hurts and it can be ugly some times thats why i think dude shouldn't had opened his mouth that's just being more professional than respectful.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago