Lebron James: "I don't need to be hungrier at this point"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
5483 pageviews
66 comments

Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,312 | Props total: 1232 1232
Lebron James: "I don't need to be hungrier at this point"

[pic - click to view]

http://www.newsday.com/sp .. ship-1.3757575

[pic - click to view]

BOSTON -- LeBron James' singular focus is to win the one thing his illustrious career has been missing, and he doesn't feel extra motivation to eliminate an old nemesis in the process.

This is the third straight year James' team has met the Celtics in the postseason, and the fourth time in five years. James was 0-2 against Boston with Cleveland and beat them last year in his first season with the Heat. Miami is up 2-1 on Boston, with Game 4 of the best-of-seven Eastern Conference finals Sunday night.

Evening his career playoff record against the Celtics isn't what drives James. He just sees Boston as a team standing in the way of his finally winning a championship ring.

"I don't need to be hungrier at this point," James said before the Heat practiced Saturday at TD Banknorth Garden. "It's the conference finals. I'm fine and I'm looking forward to it."

The winner of this series represented the Eastern Conference in the Finals the last three times they met, and that will be the case again this time. But getting there won't be enough for either team, and certainly not James.

He's been to the NBA Finals twice -- once with Cleveland in 2007 and last year with Miami -- and has come up empty both times.

There is a large faction of basketball fans, and society as a whole, that hopes James never wins an NBA championship. His ill-conceived "Decision" -- in which he announced he was signing with the Heat -- and the over-the-top party thrown after he, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh joined forces has made James one of the most vilified players.

But James also is the best all-around player in the game today. He won his third MVP this year and has been the most dominant player in this postseason, averaging 29.9 points, 9.1 rebounds and 5.7 a.ssists and guarding every position on the floor.

It's hard for any fan not to want to see what James will do next, how this utterly incredible season will end for the most scrutinized and in some ways most criticized NBA player, if not professional athlete.

"He sneezes and it's a trending topic on Twitter," Heat forward Shane Battier said Saturday. "He is a fascinating study because he's really the first and most seminal sports figure in the information age, where everything he does is reported and dissected and second-guessed many times over, and he handles everything with an amazing grace and patience that I don't know if other superstars from other areas would have been able to handle."

It is true. James has taken up reading books after shootarounds and before games, and it's been written and tweeted about extensively.

By the way, James just started his sixth book this postseason -- the third installment of "The Hunger Games."

There is a different hunger to James' game now, and getting past the Celtics is just a means to an end for him.

"Whatever happened in the past -- good bad, indifferent -- it's in the past," Battier said. "I think LeBron is in a really good spot personally and professionally and he's focused on what he needs to do for our team."

[pic - click to view]

66 comments for "Lebron James: "I don't need to be hungrier at this point""

6 years ago '11        #2
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,965 | Props total: 9855 9855
Get it Lebron
 6 years ago '07        #3
LynchingO-Lines 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 598 598
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 6

6 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Shane makes me wonder; if Allen Iverson was in LeBron's shoes...would he be kicked from the league? Or Ron Artest?

I believe most stars would be able to handle the criticism and scrutiny though.
 6 years ago '04        #5
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,407 | Props total: 3453 3453
 Hovi Bryant said:
Shane makes me wonder; if Allen Iverson was in LeBron's shoes...would he be kicked from the league? Or Ron Artest?

6 years ago '10        #6
space
space
 A.G said:
I'm contemplating Allen Iverson's response to the critics like Skip Bayless and whomever. I can literally imagine him saying "fu*k Bayless" during a post game conference if he were ever asked.
 6 years ago '04        #7
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
I'm contemplating Allen Iverson's response to the critics like Skip Bayless and whomever. I can literally imagine him saying "fu*k Bayless" during a post game conference if he were ever asked.
As opposed to just telling his critics that their life sucks and his life is great?

Or telling people that they don't know how to watch games when they call him out for shrinking in big games? And then speaking under his breath calling them retards?

Dude is an overgrown child. He has no grace or humility. Dude knows what's at stake for his sponsorships if he ever tries to lash out publicly.

Last edited by A.G; 06-03-2012 at 11:39 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #8
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Hovi Bryant said:

Did AI guarantee 7 rings?

Lebron was LOVED when he was in Cleveland, he brought this on his self so I have no sympathy.

Iverson was always hated cause he "looks like a thug", Lebron dresses like a house n*gga. Look at what AI was rocking to the sixers/Cs playoff game couple weeks ago, n*gga on the same sh*t he always been on. Bron is a trendy type n*gga, when AI said he didnt give a fu*k.. he didnt give a fu*k. Bron the type to act like he shrugging this sh*t off but low key hes crying in the dressing room.
 6 years ago '10        #9
space
space
 A.G said:
As opposed to just telling his critics that their life sucks and his life is great?
There's a difference between saying that and using explicit language. C'mon. You want me to spell out each of my thoughts?
 6 years ago '10        #10
space
space
 eLLz said:

Lebron was LOVED when he was in Cleveland, he brought this on his self so I have no sympathy.

Iverson was always hated cause he "looks like a thug", Lebron dresses like a house n*gga. Look at what AI was rocking to the sixers/Cs playoff game couple weeks ago, n*gga on the same sh*t he always been on.
No, he didn't. The decision and the whole pre-season celebration is irrelevant to my point.

Many players have made bad decisions in their lives, and the way they choose to respond to them is different throughout. We all know Iverson is very stubborn. Look at the fu*k, he still dresses with Jordan jeans and tall tees. I'm almost 100% positive to believe he would snap on a reporter if he's constantly harped on like LeBron is.
 6 years ago '12        #11
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,060 | Props total: 11256 11256
Battier puts it so eloquently doesn't he?

Spot on Shane.
 6 years ago '04        #12
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
There's a difference between saying that and using explicit language. C'mon. You want me to spell out each of my thoughts?
He knows what's at risk with his sponsorships.

And as of now, he's yet to prove any of his critics wrong.

Who cares if he's using explicit language or not? People spell out their emotions in different ways. Iverson was more outward. Lebron is more indirect and condescending.
 6 years ago '08        #13
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23295 23295
Good, cause last season him and wade did the opposite. n*ggas was taking knees on the court n sh*t like it was game 4 of the finals
 6 years ago '11        #14
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 1609 1609
I agree because lebron is third string. Let wade and bosh control the game.
 6 years ago '06        #15
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
No, he didn't. The decision and the whole pre-season celebration is irrelevant to my point.

Many players have made bad decisions in their lives, and the way they choose to respond to them is different throughout. We all know Iverson is very stubborn. Look at the fu*k, he still dresses with Jordan jeans and tall tees. I'm almost 100% positive to believe he would snap on a reporter if he's constantly harped on like LeBron is.
Is it irrelevant tho? He brought the microscope on his self by saying that.

If you the one claiming 7 rings then you shouldnt be taking a last second jumper or disappearing completely from a last second play. you're a fu*king fullback, drive the ball to the rim.

Chosen One tattoo and ring guarantees weigh heavily into this, he built the egotistical pedestal that hes now judged on and its clear because media will always scrutinize him for his antics during the offseason he dipped to Miami.

Iverson carried Philly on his back for years and years with very little talent. Lebron didnt catch nearly as much static when he was on Cleveland, not only are you expected to win more when you have another top 3 player on your team & a top 10-15 player but you said yourself that you would win every year you were a member of the Heat.

As I said, Iverson never gave a fu*k what anyone thought but at the same time he wasnt going to let down his team so I couldnt see him saying "fu*k bayless" knowing it could get him suspended. One thing is for sure you could never question Iversons heart in playoff games, Lebron looked highly disinterested last season in the Finals and also end of his Cleveland run against the Cs. Iverson laid it all out there in the Finals appearance against LA and every time he threw on a Sixer jersey.
 6 years ago '06        #16
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,567 | Props total: 4444 4444
 eLLz said:

Iverson was always hated cause he "looks like a thug", Lebron dresses like a house n*gga. Look at what AI was rocking to the sixers/Cs playoff game couple weeks ago, n*gga on the same sh*t he always been on. Bron is a trendy type n*gga, when AI said he didnt give a fu*k.. he didnt give a fu*k. Bron the type to act like he shrugging this sh*t off but low key hes crying in the dressing room.
Bron has never been a rebel, you saw how corny and forced it looked last season when he tried to be the bad guy.
 6 years ago '10        #17
space
space
 A.G said:
He knows what's at risk with his sponsorships.

And as of now, he's yet to prove any of his critics wrong.

Who cares if he's using explicit language or not? People spell out their emotions in different ways. Iverson was more outward. Lebron is more indirect and condescending.
Who cares if he uses explicit language? You and I both know what happens when anyone in the league is caught using profanity on television.

Also, sometimes I don't think Iverson cares about what was at risk in his personal life. That in itself is well documented.

My original point is that guys that known to have a short fuse probably can't walk in LeBron's shoes right now. There is a big difference between LeBron using insinuating remarks in contrast to others that may go off using every curse word in the book. Fines and probably suspensions, reduced efficiency on the court, I mean the possibilities are endless.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 06-03-2012 at 11:59 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #18
space
space
 eLLz said:
Is it irrelevant tho? He brought the microscope on his self by saying that.

If you the one claiming 7 rings then you shouldnt be taking a last second jumper or disappearing completely from a last second play. you're a fu*king fullback, drive the ball to the rim.

Chosen One tattoo and ring guarantees weigh heavily into this, he built the egotistical pedestal that hes now judged on and its clear because media will always scrutinize him for his antics during the offseason he dipped to Miami.

Iverson carried Philly on his back for years and years with very little talent. Lebron didnt catch nearly as much static when he was on Cleveland, not only are you expected to win more when you have another top 3 player on your team & a top 10-15 player but you said yourself that you would win every year you were a member of the Heat.

As I said, Iverson never gave a fu*k what anyone thought but at the same time he wasnt going to let down his team so I couldnt see him saying "fu*k bayless" knowing it could get him suspended. One thing is for sure you could never question Iversons heart in playoff games, Lebron looked highly disinterested last season in the Finals and also end of his Cleveland run against the Cs. Iverson laid it all out there in the Finals appearance against LA and every time he threw on a Sixer jersey.
He brought the microscope and Shane is marveling at how LeBron is dealing with it. I am also. Why can't you understand that?

Iverson couldn't handle being asked about missing practice. You really think he could handle what LeBron put himself through? C'mon.
 6 years ago '06        #19
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
He brought the microscope and Shane is marveling at how LeBron is dealing with it. I am also. Why can't you understand that?

Iverson couldn't handle being asked about missing practice. You really think he could handle what LeBron put himself through? C'mon.

If I tell you "aye bruh, Im gon fu*k that bi*ch" and I kept hyping it up for months and its been damn near 2 years and I still havent bagged her, its only natural that youre gonna face criticism from ya boys.

Look @ Tim Duncan. Greatest PF of all time. NEVER runs his mouth and this is a n*gga with 4 fu*king rings. No Chosen One tat. No ring guarantees. Nothing. The media doesnt get at him because he doesnt run to them with quotables. Its a double edged sword. If you gonna dish it out then be prepared to take it.

James arrogance is still there lets not forget

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #20
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 704hoodn*gga said:
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 6

Sonics in.... ????
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy