NFL Punter Marquette King Allegedly Connected With Kim Kardashian
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thickest first lady in US history
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake Has A “whatthef#ckgotdamn” Reaction After Dapping Up A SKrippa
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Official 12/10 Boxing Thread (A.J., Crawford, Charlo v. Williams, Cuell..
534 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
6546 pageviews
44 comments

Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,863 | Props total: 678 678
Lil Wayne Trukfit Launch @ Macy's

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

44 comments for "Lil Wayne Trukfit Launch @ Macy's"

5 years ago '11        #2
Yinz N Burgh 110 heat pts110
space
space
$16,857 | Props total: 2624 2624
Not even trying to hate but how do you go straight to a department store? Isn't that what you do when your run is done.
 06-03-2012, 09:44 AM         #3
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another whack streetwear brand....
 5 years ago '05        #4
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,863 | Props total: 678 678
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Not even trying to hate but how do you go straight to a department store? Isn't that what you do when your run is done.
didn't Sean John start in Macys/JC Penny/Marshalls before blowing the fu*k up ?
 5 years ago '10        #5
Akira Son Bio 193 heat pts193
space
space
$45,430 | Props total: 6688 6688
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Where are they supposed to start?
 5 years ago '10        #6
Marlo Stanfield 67 heat pts67
space
space
$2,514 | Props total: 70 70
^ Who is that?
 5 years ago '11        #7
hayday12 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,458 | Props total: 155 155
 bowbowbow said:
^ Who is that?
I wanna say Rosa Acosta?
 5 years ago '11        #8
space
space
 Draped Up said:
didn't Sean John start in Macys/JC Penny/Marshalls before blowing the fu*k up ?
No, those clothing lines like that usually go to department stores when their buzz is done.

Akira Son Bio said:
Where are they supposed to start?
On their own so people aren't in their pockets? Ecko, G-unit, and Sean John didn't start in Macy's. Once they were wack and everybody was off it then they went to a department store and you see everybody in it.
 5 years ago '04        #9
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,339 | Props total: 8 8
they started in zumies originally
 5 years ago '04        #10
psylence2k 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$12,234 | Props total: 844 844
 Yinz N Burgh said:
 Yinz N Burgh said:
No, those clothing lines like that usually go to department stores when their buzz is done.

On their own so people aren't in their pockets? Ecko, G-unit, and Sean John didn't start in Macy's. Once they were wack and everybody was off it then they went to a department store and you see everybody in it.

What do you mean on their own ?? None of those brands just popped up on the scene with their own stand-alone store. Even Sean John had to get established first by being sold through some type of third party retailer. Department stores are where the money is at, anybody trying to make million off their brand is gonna want to get carried by someone like Macys. What you call having "buzz" is called bubbling up on the underground and I guess what you call "dying out" is have enough brand recognition in the mainstream to get carried by a store like Macys where the big money is at. This is Macy's we're talking about not K-Mart.

I think you have Macy's confused with TJ Maxxx or Marshall's or something.
 5 years ago '11        #11
space
space
 ATLien2g2 said:
are you serious? you go in department stores when you want to expand. macy's is everywhere. polo is in macys and they been running strong since the early 90's.

So? Polo has outlets too.. You think Polo went straight to Macy's when they first came out? They wouldn't still be popular to this day if they did.

They started out just like Versace, Burberry, Gucci, etc. Overpriced and everybody wanted it. Then they made it more affordable compared to the others and accessible. Actually pretty smart.

They should have took the BBC approach and I'm sure they did and realized nobody wanted to buy this garbage so they went straight to department stores while they still had some leverage.
 5 years ago '11        #12
space
space
 psylence2k said:
What do you mean on their own ?? None of those brands just popped up on the scene with their own stand-alone store. Even Sean John had to get established first by being sold through some type of third party retailer. Department stores are where the money is at, anybody trying to make million off their brand is gonna want to get carried by someone like Macys. What you call having "buzz" is called bubbling up on the underground and I guess what you call "dying out" is have enough brand recognition in the mainstream to get carried by a store like Macys where the big money is at. This is Macy's we're talking about not K-Mart.

I think you have Macy's confused with TJ Maxxx or Marshall's or something.
Usually they create a buzz or demand before they go to department stores because then people see it as a sale or cheap compared to what is use to be and it sells more. When everybody can afford it and is wearing it, it just becomes whatever.
 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM         #13
ThisUsernameSux 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not like trukfits at walmart or sears. macy's was a good move for em

dont get me wrong, i still think trukfits a sad skater ripoff of bbc/bape
 06-03-2012, 01:27 PM         #14
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get your money Stevie

I still remember skate brands like DGK, Osiris, Birdhouse, REAL, Ghetto Child
 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM         #15
Bill Walton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can't compare Polo being in Macys to Sean John, rocawear, etc. Polo has its own section and has been around for decades. Most Streetwear brands go from their own exclusive sites to online sites(karmaloop,zumiez,etc.) and then to physical stores that carry more exclusive stuff. Thats why you've never seen Hundreds,Crooks and Castles, 10 Deep, and other Streetwear brands in Macys. I don't even think Akoo has carried on to Macys. Rocawear and Sean John are large Urban Fashion brands that carry everything.
 5 years ago '11        #16
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,974 | Props total: 2006 2006
 Bill Walton said:
You can't compare Polo being in Macys to Sean John, rocawear, etc. Polo has its own section and has been around for decades. Most Streetwear brands go from their own exclusive sites to online sites(karmaloop,zumiez,etc.) and then to physical stores that carry more exclusive stuff. Thats why you've never seen Hundreds,Crooks and Castles, 10 Deep, and other Streetwear brands in Macys. I don't even think Akoo has carried on to Macys. Rocawear and Sean John are large Urban Fashion brands that carry everything.
A little off the subject, but that AKOO sh*t is moving for RRL prices, like wtf?
 5 years ago '04        #17
psylence2k 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$12,234 | Props total: 844 844
 Yinz N Burgh said:

So? Polo has outlets too.. You think Polo went straight to Macy's when they first came out? They wouldn't still be popular to this day if they did.

They started out just like Versace, Burberry, Gucci, etc. Overpriced and everybody wanted it. Then they made it more affordable compared to the others and accessible. Actually pretty smart.

They should have took the BBC approach and I'm sure they did and realized nobody wanted to buy this garbage so they went straight to department stores while they still had some leverage.
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Usually they create a buzz or demand before they go to department stores because then people see it as a sale or cheap compared to what is use to be and it sells more. When everybody can afford it and is wearing it, it just becomes whatever.

Polo started off in Bloomingdales which is a department chain owned by Macy's back in 1969.

Are you seriously trying to bring in Versace, Gucci, and Burberry into this ?? You're comparing high-end european fashion design houses to American urban wear ??

I think you need to understand what a company's target market is. A store like Macy's is the highest retail platform you're gonna achieve for casual wear and urban wear brands like Sean John. There is nothing higher to move up to with any company that specializes in jeans and t-shirts. You think this stuff is gonna be able to be sold at Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus ???

I think you're a.ssuming that these companies would start off selling in independent high end fashion boutiques which is also ridiculous. Sure it's been tried and it has failed with many companies like BBC as you mentioned, it's just a stupid idea. Boutiques are for those that want to be fashionably exclusive, you dont that shyt with anything even remotely related with a t-shirt and jeans.

Either that or you think they would have their own stand alone store which also historically usually doesn't happen until a company proves they can be successful occupying floor space inside of another retailer.

I think you're a.ssuming that all department stores are the same. Macy's isn't JCPenny's , Sears, or K-Mart. Those other stores are considered low range discount department stores. Macy's is considered mid to high range.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-03-2012 at 01:50 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #18
MarcusF87 
space
space
$3,872 | Props total: 10 10
 hayday12 said:
I wanna say Rosa Acosta?
yeah thats her
 06-03-2012, 01:53 PM         #19
Bill Walton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Polo started off in Bloomingdales which is a department chain owned by Macy's back in 1969.

Are you seriously trying to bring in Versace, Gucci, and Burberry into this ?? You're comparing high-end european fashion design houses to American urban wear ??

I think you need to understand what a company's target market is. A store like Macy's is the highest retail platform you're gonna achieve for casual wear and urban wear brands like Sean John. There is nothing higher to move up to with any company that specializes in jeans and t-shirts. You think this stuff is gonna be able to be sold at Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus ???

I think you're a.ssuming that these companies would start off selling in independent high end fashion boutiques which is also ridiculous. Sure it's been tried and it has failed with many companies like BBC as you mentioned, it's just a stupid idea. Boutiques are for those that want to be fashionably exclusive, you dont that shyt with anything even remotely related with a t-shirt and jeans.

Either that or you think they would have their own stand alone store which also historically usually doesn't happen until a company proves they can be successful occupying floor space inside of another retailer.

I think you're a.ssuming that all department stores are the same. Macy's isn't JCPenny's , Sears, or K-Mart. Those other stores are considered low range discount department stores. Macy's is considered mid to high range.
Trukfit will die out quick being sold at Macys bottom line. Most streetwear brands start selling at independent streetwear boutiques to keep it somewhat exclusive. Sure Trukfit will make a lot of money for a little time though, but you gotta remember it's just skater wear I don't have the variety like Rocawear and Sean John and it took a longgg time for LRG to be carried by Macys. Now, you don't see as many people rockin it.. do you?

Last edited by Bill Walton; 06-03-2012 at 01:55 PM..
 06-03-2012, 01:57 PM         #20
Bill Walton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImInHerMouth said:
A little off the subject, but that AKOO sh*t is moving for RRL prices, like wtf?
they trying to keep it somewhat exclusive. a lot of that sh*t gonna be on clearance though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Niykee's Hotter Friend
56 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside QVC out here training soccer mom's how to ride d$&k
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
223 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
195 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
109 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
79 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy