Most Developers Say Xbox 720 Is The Easiest Console To Make Games For, Believe Sony Will Lose

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
I'll have them both so it don't matter to me...just not buying on launch day ...
 6 years ago '04        #22
space
space
the whole thing that makes this article stupid IMO...is the sentence where they say...

[QUOTE]The developers also believe that Microsoft’s new console will once again lead the sales battle for the next five years,[/QUOTE}

MS didn't lead the sales battle this generation, so that alone makes this article dumb
 6 years ago '04        #23
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 coolio said:
hopefully this doesn't just mean that its an inferior and less complicated system again that'll hold gaming back again next generation
 Jesszman said:
I agree. I feel sorry for those that cheer about this though.
Making a console that is easy to develop for doesn't necessarily mean using inferior hardware. It just means that they make it more like traditional PC architectures so they won't have to relearn an entirely new chipset/architecture. Microsoft had inferior hardware with the 360, but it wasn't what allowed them to make a developer-friendly console.

It's all about the architecture. Why do you think the PS3 took way longer to get more games? Developers had to learn the Cell and it is no walk in the park to learn a new architecture, while they were already at home with the Xbox 360 since it was more like a PC. I feel sorry for you thinking that making a developer friendly platform = making inferior hardware, jazzhands.
 6 years ago '04        #24
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
[quote=Da Ill One;23463809]the whole thing that makes this article stupid IMO...is the sentence where they say...

The developers also believe that Microsoft’s new console will once again lead the sales battle for the next five years,[/QUOTE}

MS didn't lead the sales battle this generation, so that alone makes this article dumb
I think they only meant between the 360 and PS3. Most people only usually reference those two, and they discount the Wii because it was way cheaper so of course it'll sell more.
 6 years ago '07        #25
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53 OP
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
[quote=e G o Maniac;23463948]
 Da Ill One said:
the whole thing that makes this article stupid IMO...is the sentence where they say...

I think they only meant between the 360 and PS3. Most people only usually reference those two, and they discount the Wii because it was way cheaper so of course it'll sell more.
yea it seems like they aren't even talking about the wii u
 6 years ago '04        #26
space
space
[quote=e G o Maniac;23463948]
 Da Ill One said:

True didn't think of it like that...that makes sense

[quote=Nothavingit;23463988]
 e G o Maniac said:

yea it seems like they aren't even talking about the wii u
yeah good point
 6 years ago '05        #27
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,635 | Props total: 13716 13716
@ the last 3 posts havin f*cked up quotes.
 6 years ago '12        #28
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,760 | Props total: 22138 22138
I swear the developers are getting lazier and lazier with each generation. They're not even using the fu*king cell this time and they still complain. Keep making your watered down games while Sony's 1st and 2nd party companies drop jaws.
 6 years ago '06        #29
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
Sony lost
 6 years ago '04        #30
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,044 | Props total: 19869 19869
 Da Ill One said:
I'll have them both so it don't matter to me...just not buying on launch day ...
This.. miss me with the fanboy sh*t like some of you herbs.
 6 years ago '04        #31
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1571 1571
since the days of Seamus blackley M$ has said it from the beginning they build their consoles with the philosophy of Software and developer ease in mind it doesn't mean it'll be weaker the OG xbox was easier to dev for than the Ps2 but was 3 times more powerful......

I don't hold much stock in "who will win" predictions too much can happen between a consoles launch and its twilight years. The beginning of this generation you couldn't tell any of these n*gga's that M$ was going to win and be dominant for this long everyone thought the ps3 was going to rule with an Iron fist last generation everyone just knew the Xbox was going to go out like the dreamcast just too much can happen in 5-7 years....

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 06-03-2012 at 04:57 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #32
ThaPro 
space
space
space
$882 | Props total: 20 20
 J-R said:
Yea it seems like they like it more because it's easier ... I would rather fill up 1 DVD disc full instead of a full blue ray= less work
Breh, the size of the disc doesn't have anything to do with the amount of work. If anything, it lets you put more content with less compression on a disc. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the content on blu-ray games is duplicated on disc to cut down on the read/seek times, since the blu-ray drives have slower read speeds.

e G o Maniac said:
Making a console that is easy to develop for doesn't necessarily mean using inferior hardware. It just means that they make it more like traditional PC architectures so they won't have to relearn an entirely new chipset/architecture. Microsoft had inferior hardware with the 360, but it wasn't what allowed them to make a developer-friendly console.

It's all about the architecture. Why do you think the PS3 took way longer to get more games? Developers had to learn the Cell and it is no walk in the park to learn a new architecture, while they were already at home with the Xbox 360 since it was more like a PC. I feel sorry for you thinking that making a developer friendly platform = making inferior hardware, jazzhands.
This. There's a lot of overhead in learning the architecture. Then on top of that, how many people specialize in that architecture to optimally use it? Consider what a Bethesda dev said about that Skyrim fix: the 360 has a shared pool of memory, while the ps3's memory is split between multiple components (I forget which). Having a shared pool of memory lets you allocate it much easier than having to search for it and garbage collect among different components.
 6 years ago '05        #33
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:
I swear the developers are getting lazier and lazier with each generation. They're not even using the fu*king cell this time and they still complain. Keep making your watered down games while Sony's 1st and 2nd party companies drop jaws.
:sascmon: You can't be this dumb. It has nothing to do with being lazy. It saves time. Instead of wasting time learning a new architecture, programmers can be write new code for their games.
 6 years ago '05        #34
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PG-13 said:
Sony lost
The story since 2006.
 6 years ago '04        #35
matik23 
space
space
$1,842 | Props total: 126 126
Pc is better
 06-03-2012, 07:01 PM         #36
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMob said:
. . . . . . . . .
 6 years ago '04        #37
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,905 | Props total: 2539 2539
console fan boys are wack...

But for people saying sony lost.. Technically if Xbox goes blu ray. doesnt sony get a percentage off the drives?
 6 years ago '09        #38
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
everyone i know with an 360 eventually bought ps3. I dont know anyone who had ps3 firs then bought a 360.
 6 years ago '04        #39
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1571 1571
 jasperfect said:
everyone i know with an 360 eventually bought ps3. I dont know anyone who had ps3 firs then bought a 360.
I do alot of people infact especially my n*ggas that copped it at launch....

yall n*ggas'll turn anything to a fanboy war lol
 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM         #40
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm definitely going XBOX next generation… I just hope they make the controllers more sleek and smaller.

Sony just doesn't appeal to real gamers.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago