Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate [Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #461
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
 Retro said:
It's not that I don't like the tracks, it's just that they aren't classic worthy. The album is nice but it's overrated on here. Damn sure isn't close to a classic, I don't think he has one...
Overall on a 1-10 scale what is this album.
 6 years ago '11        #462
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Overall on a 1-10 scale what is this album.
Low 7 (was a 6.5 yesterday), I wasn't really impressed with anything other than the production. Maybe it'll grow on me more, but $pitta hasn't dropped a project that I gave at least a 9 yet...
 6 years ago '11        #463
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Curren$y's one of my fav rappers, & I've never understood how people think he has #classics under his belt. He's not that caliber of an artist.
...And I don't get why people are gettin uptight in here when I say he doesn't. He's never said anything that's blown me away lyrically, he just makes chill music that I like. Why that isn't enough for the rest of them I don't know...
 06-02-2012, 07:32 PM         #464
Francis Schilke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NeoDaMatrix said:
$pitta donest have one classic?
not really.

thing bout Spitta is that hes just real consistent with his work, he aint got classics but he dont usually drop as much hot garbage as most artists who do got classics. only one Spitta album i aint like(MCC)

just my opinion tho
 6 years ago '05        #465
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
 Retro said:
Low 7 (was a 6.5 yesterday), I wasn't really impressed with anything other than the production. Maybe it'll grow on me more, but $pitta hasn't dropped a project that I gave at least a 9 yet...
Dam really?

Covert Coup is a 10/10 to me. Alc is one of my favorite producers. And Spitta was spitting.
 6 years ago '04        #466
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
i rate currensy different

he's in a class by himself

i can only compare currensy to currensy

he's not trying to be mainstream or be a star and i respect him for that

he just said in a song that the homie (wayne) got what he wanted (to become a big a.ss star) and he got what he wanted ( to get paid and be respected for his music)

he stays consistent in doing that plus the n*gga work ethic is incredible

hats off
 6 years ago '11        #467
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Dam really?

Covert Coup is a 10/10 to me. Alc is one of my favorite producers. And Spitta was spitting.
That one after about 5 listens (it had to grow on me too) became an 7.5. At first I slept on the features, especially Freddie's sh*t. But CC does have my most listened $pitta song - Double 07 stayed in rotation for a while (almost 110 listens on my laptop alone)...
 6 years ago '04        #468
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,477 | Props total: 16296 16296
 ballergenetics said:
Curren$y's one of my fav rappers, & I've never understood how people think he has #classics under his belt. He's not that caliber of an artist.
i agree w/ that. its only a hand full of rappers i would give that to as to having "classic".... I think so many ppl use that word too loosely...

for me it has to be something that spreads 2 generation, and multiple ethic groups know it...

ppl saying wiz, curren$y, wale, wayne, drake, ect have classics
 06-02-2012, 07:44 PM         #469
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Francis Schilke said:
not really.

thing bout Spitta is that hes just real consistent with his work, he aint got classics but he dont usually drop as much hot garbage as most artists who do got classics. only one Spitta album i aint like(MCC)

just my opinion tho
thats your proof? you start by saying hes consistent but then backtrack an say he doesnt drop as much 'hot' garbage..

curren$y's mixtape game >>>>
yall don't have half his catalog so thats prolly why yall don't have sh*t to back up your claims
 06-02-2012, 07:48 PM         #470
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killadre said:
i agree w/ that. its only a hand full of rappers i would give that to as to having "classic".... I think so many ppl use that word too loosely...

for me it has to be something that spreads 2 generation, and multiple ethic groups know it...

ppl saying wiz, curren$y, wale, wayne, drake, ect have classics

wiz - prince of the city 1 & 2
$pitta - pilot talk 1, any of his mixtapes
Drake - so far gone
wayne - idk why u even brought dude up

tell me those arent classics tho
 06-02-2012, 07:51 PM         #471
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
I have ever tape and album he's ever made. You just don't know what classic means...
so not one out of those 30-40 projects he has isn't in your rotation? i honestly don't listen to dude that much that i have to play him day in an day out but to say he doesnt have fu*king ONE classic? now thats just dumb , damn near all his projects u can listen from begining to end
 06-02-2012, 07:54 PM         #472
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Dam really?

ya covert was nice too, easily could have been an album. these n*ggas tryin to downplay $pitta... he too high
 6 years ago '11        #473
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 NeoDaMatrix said:
Drake - so far gone

No wonder you think $pitta has a classic. What kind of list is this?
 06-02-2012, 07:56 PM         #474
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
No wonder you think $pitta has a classic. What kind of list is this?
i said pilot talk 1, you must have overlooked that
 6 years ago '11        #475
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 NeoDaMatrix said:
i said pilot talk 1, you must have overlooked that
And then you said any of his mixtapes. Be serious
 06-02-2012, 07:59 PM         #476
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
Hhaha he as a good 8,9 projects in weekly rotation. Just cause his sh*t gets some weekly spins doesn't make it classic. Ya gotta learn that just cause you really like something doesn't mean it's classic.
not just weekly, but you can come back to most his sh*t an it still hits u just the same. I'm the one who 'really like something' ...avy check
 06-02-2012, 08:01 PM         #477
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
And then you said any of his mixtapes. Be serious
you have a rolling paper lyric in your sig bro. be fu*king serious
 6 years ago '04        #478
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,477 | Props total: 16296 16296
 NeoDaMatrix said:
Drake - so far gone

thats your standards and opinion so i have no argument

spitta is my fav artist period. I've lost count on how many shows I've been. also got everything that has hit the net with his vocal on it, but as of now cant say any classics by my standards just dope a.ss music

I was going to Wiz shows before yelawolf was touring w/ him so that should let you know how much music I go back with him but 0 classics by my standards and has rapidly fell off as his popularity grew (but cant knock that hustle)

drake will pass in fact i missed going to see Kendrick Lamar because drake was headlining the tour and i didnt want to contribute to his pockets
 06-02-2012, 08:03 PM         #479
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
You don't get it. This is fu*kin' sad.....Yes I'm a Spitta fan. I just don't think he has classic material. The fu*k does pointing out me having a Spitta avy supposed to prove ? lol...
i could go check the stoned immaculate polls. u prolly voted 5 stars
 06-02-2012, 08:23 PM         #480
Francis Schilke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NeoDaMatrix said:
thats your proof? you start by saying hes consistent but then backtrack an say he doesnt drop as much 'hot' garbage..

curren$y's mixtape game >>>>
yall don't have half his catalog so thats prolly why yall don't have sh*t to back up your claims
reading is fundamental

there aint no backtracking. i said hes consistent, and that he doesnt drop as much hot garbage as alot of rappers.

you sound confused, so ima break it down for ya since u havin a hard time comprehending my post and spammin ya response with smileys.

when i say he drops less hot garbage than the average rapper, that would mean he delivers solid material at an above average rate...which would mean hes consistent with his sh*t...

back·track (bktrk)
intr.v. back·tracked, back·track·ing, back·tracks
To reverse one's position or policy.

nope, cant find a single sentence in my post where i back tracked.

now for the second part of ya response, show me an album of Spittas with all 9/10-10/10 songs, or show me an album that was a game changer in the genre, or show me an album that had heavy influence on artists styles after it dropped.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
341 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy